All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Delicious food
    Clean
    Bad amenities
    Uncomfortable
The hotel was clean and neat but the staff was Rude The checkout time was 12 when the clock hits 12 exactly there was a cleaning lady who kicked us out while we were preparing our bags
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
The location was the best thing about this cute boutique hotel. Step outside of the hotel- if you turn left, you're in the midst of chaotic Times Square, turn right and you're a few blocks from Radio City Music Hall and Bryant Park (depending if you go uptown or downtown). Our room was so cozy and tiny, it's probably the tiniest hotel room I've ever stayed in. I didn't mind though! The only complaint we had was that the room and towels had that old, musty smell that most older hotels have. The price of the room was amazing for the location and we'll probably stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Jahangir
"Great Stay in Times Square"
Everything a business traveler needs for a productive and fun stay in NYC.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2016
Kenneth
The curtain cannot prevent inside tone seen by outside, feeling awkward. The elevator was interesting with a very small door. Sometimes it's hard to get in and out if you are with baggage. The front desk is kind of arrogance. But overall, a pretty cozy hotel.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2016
"Too many negatives"
It was a short stay. Room was extremely tiny, which I guess is ok for a NY hotel. What i did not like was no blackout drapes, the shower, which did not have a door or curtains so the water was all over the bthroom flr. Elevators were also tight fitting only 2-4 persons without bags. Staff was very nice, but that's it. Won't stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
"Not a 4 star!"
Definitely not a 4 star! I stayed at Hotel Mela a few years ago and the hotel condition was great, like a little boutique gem in Times Square. The staff this time around tried to be helpful and were nice but definitely not at the 4 star service level. The halls smelled of marijuana which when reported was not truly addressed. Unfortunately will not stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2016
Location is great..
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
christopher
"Mixed feelings."
The room was great but the front desk person was a bit unprofessional. It took almost 40 min to check in, with NO line; because the hotel couldn't interface with Hotels.com. I had to call Hotels.com to facilitate and finalize the transaction. Very unprofessional.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2016
Moses
"Small room but great amenities."
The hotel staff was very friendly, informative, and kind. The room itself was small. However, it provided just what I needed, a comfortable bed, and a shower. The bathroom could use a better sweep. Overall, it was close to the metro and easy walking distance of some of the great sights in New York City.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2015
Kathleen
"Perfect little hotel."
The perfect little room for a perfect price. I have stayed here twice, this is a great hotel in a perfect location. Rooms are small, but more than adequate. In NYC, we were out all day and just needed a nice room to rest.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
RICHARD
"Little Lesser Than Expected"
The stay was good, but lesser than what I expected as a four star hotel. The room was little too small and there was blockage in the tub, but the service was very good. They helped with keeping our baggage aftershock out time.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
"Excellent location"
Location was excellent! Everything was perfect !
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
Luigi
"Stayaway bedbugs"
I wasn't even in the room for 10 minutes I want to take a shower I put the rude one went to go into the shower and something to my arm I look down it was a bug I went to get my phone which is on the bed I looked down I'm going to bug I called the front desk but is going on here the Men said get out of the room get your stuff and get out of the room . I went to the front desk and the man said I will get another room for you all your clothes will have to be specially clean and will do that for free. The hotel has bedbugs and it's filthy dirty management tried to say possibly I brought them with me I got so enraged that she try to insinuate that I brought that there jus they have lots of reviews everyone read them stay away from this hotel
1 night business trip Dec 21, 2015
We wanted to stay overnight after seeing a taping of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Hotel was in a great location. Very easy to find. No complaints about be cleanliness of the room or hotel. We didn't see many people at the hotel and the staff seemed very friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Mary Ellen
"Serviceable"
It was all serviceable. Fine for one night if you were not going to spend lots of time in the hotel. The room was tiny and you can hear others in hallways. The hotel staff was brisk but accommodating.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"Great location!"
We had a great stay at Hotel Mela. The only negative thing to say is the size of the room we stayed in. It was very small. No room for a chair or really to move around. The service was however excellent. Very friendly staff and very helpful.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Hotel Mela"
Great location. Oddly quiet for being right in Times Sq (I am not complaining). Friendly, helpful staff. The room was fine. The one teeny issue was the open bottle of Fiji water left on the desk which is why I gave it a 3 for cleanliness. I talked to the front desk and they did not charge me the $10.25 for it. Small complaint and I absolutely would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
Julia
"Great staff."
Very comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
"Wonderful value"
Excellent Staff, room very clean/ well appointed for NYC in this price category
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
Adamantios
This hotel way great!!! I would definitely stay there again!! Perfect location and really clean!!!
2 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
Alberto
Nice and convenient.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2015
"Awesome Hotel!!"
We loved it! In the heart of Times Square! Close to GMA!! Definitely will stay here again in future visits..And the hotel was cozy, clean and the staff was very friendly!!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Maguil
"nice close to the all the activity"
i ask for smoke free room and when i get to the room i smell the marjuana in the whole floor very strong ,the front disc change me to other nicer and bigger room in different floor (smoke free) and gave me one day free breakfast , the location of the hotel is very good other than that is just ok . not for family with kids
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
h
"5 star hotel at 3 star pricing"
I have stayed in New York City for business and pleasure over the last twenty years. The Hotel Mela is now my favorite hotel. The room was beautiful and quiet. The hotel staff was exceptional. What a great value!
2 night trip Nov 27, 2015
mark b
"Times Square Secret"
Great hotel in a perfect location
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Chad
"Hotel room was very misleading - I'm disappointed"
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the location of this hotel is very central to Times Square. However, I'm thoroughly upset that the room I was given seemed to be a Queen-sized bed rather than a King-sized. I also paid extra to upgrade to an Executive Room with a King Bed. There was no view from the room. I was just looking at a brick from another building. After I walked out to Times Square, you can see why others stay at the Paramount Hotel that's located on the corner at the heart of Times Square. Would like someone to reach out to me discuss this situation.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2015
Hotel was a block away from Time Square but was still quiet enough to rest at night. I was in the Superior Room - Full, about 8ft x 8ft. Small but clean. TV channels limited. Wifi depends on the # of people using. Very nice bathroom: stone tile shower, contemporary sink vanity, squeaky clean. Minibar had a device that records when an item is removed and charges automatically, potential source of problems. Check in @ 3pm or after and check out by 11am, but you can leave your luggage with them at any time. Friendly staff and overall pleasant experience. Will book again in the future.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2015
One of the AC units was stuck on cool, so has to be turned off
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Adrian
"It ain't the Ritz, but it's ok"
Hotel is just ok. The room (even a junior suite) was very small. The queen bed was not a queen but a double, and there was a bit of gunk on the shower curtain. There was an iPod dock next to the bed that is secured with steel wires and bolts that was unplugged yet apparently had a bit of battery life because it sounded an alarm on the first morning at 7 am (or 4 am our time). It was malfunctioning and impossible to turn off. There was also a sticker under it that said if we removed it from the room there would be a $250 charge. That is tacky. The Mela isn't a Motel 6. The service staff was fine. They were nice enough to come and remove the iPod dock so we could sleep on day two and three and check-in and check-out went smoothly.
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Jeremiah
"Great location, a little worn, some SMALL rooms"
I've been staying here for many years, but I usually book directly through their site and I've always had good rooms. I used hotels.com b/c the rate was significantly lower, but you pay the price. I picked the 2nd lowest price (queen superior I believe). It was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in in NYC. My husband and I stayed and there was truly not enough room to put both of our suitcases down - I had to keep mine between the bed and the wall and it barely fit. It really is not comfortable for 2 people. Also over the years, the condition of the rooms and in particular the bed has gotten worn down. It's time for a refresh and some new mattresses. The service was great - my first room smelled like smoke (equally small) and they immediately switched me to a new room. Nice bathroom and amenities.
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Juliet
"suck"
Suck cuz of the heater not working
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
pete
The room was smaller than I expected but I would stay again. For my visit, the hotel was centrally located near the theater district.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
"3 star hotel in the heart of Time Square"
Great location , helpful staff but not a 4 star horel as describe at the time of booking . It is a 3 star hotel.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"great location and room"
The hotel is very convenient to a lot of things. The room was clean and comfortable. Great water pressure and bathroom. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Will stay there again.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
alan
"Anniversary trip"
Week long NYC visit. The Hotel Mela is in a fantastic location. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the small side, but we would stay there again.
5 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Matthew
"immaculately clean"
very comfortable. Room was spacious and immaculately clean. personnel were very polite, understanding and very warming. The concierge was great. Knows so much about everything in the area.He must have eaten in all the eating places in the area. When he says the food there is good, you better go there. The apples on the front desk are very delicious. It was a pleasant surprise to see free apples.Even though it is in a busy neighborhood, it is very quite. We love this place and will go back in a heart beat. A bit pricey though
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Maryrose
"economy stay, but some rooms are small and dirty"
I booked a queen size bed room, but the room is very very small. Also, the room is not clean. the pillow sheet was dirty. But I booked another room for my parents that has two twin beds, was cleaner and bigger.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
shan
"Marvelous..."
We had a marvelous one night stay in New York City at the Hotel Mela. Hotel was super clean, comfortable and the staff was more than accommodating.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"greal location, great hotel."
Overall, excellent! Location is outstanding, very comfortable and modern rooms, clean bathrooms, and friendly staff. The only complaints I have, considering that it's a boutique hotel, are that the elevators are very small. Also, noise was a problem. In this case inside instead of street noise. The small hallways and close proximity of the rooms generate alot of echoing noise when people are walking in the halls, or coming in or out of the rooms, and the housekeeping staff talks alot in the halls and the noise of them tapping on the doors is very noticeable. But, I would definitely stay here again!
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Room was too small!
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Jeffrey
"Great hidden gem!"
I have stayed at the Mela many times and love it. It is a hidden gem of a boutique, midtown Manhattan hotel. I am in NYC for work a lot and while don't love Time Square due to the tourist congestion, it is convenient for my work. The Mela rooms are small (like all NYC hotels) but clean and efficient. The staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. Although I don't get membership points, The Mela is my favorite hotel in the city and I recommend to any traveler heading to New York.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Natalie
"Very central, on Times Square"
Hot shower for only 2 minutes then water goes cold. Even after complaining about it, still the same. A hot shower is an essential for me, without any restrictions on how long the shower should be.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
i
"Hotel Mela-not is great!"
My rooms air conditioner had a mold like smell and I heard nothing but the elevator going up and down all night.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"At the center of Time square / the theater distric"
The only problem is that they don't have breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Recommended!"
Decent priced hotel with a really central location. Rooms are clean and tidy, but not big. For the price and lication this is a good choice while staying in New York.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Harald
"Great location and quiet room"
I was pleased and surprised. For being in the heart of Time Square I was sure I would not be able to sleep a wink, but the room was quiet and I got one of the best night sleeps on my trip (did a different hotel each night). The location was great for getting anywhere in the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the thick of it but have a quite room to retreat to.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Great place to stay. Centralized location to Metro stations, restaurants and sights. Rooms are clean and secured. Would definitely come back here again without hesitation. The only negative thing is that there is no ice machine on the floors and you are unable to store anything in the refrigerator. You need to call room service every time you need ice and since we visited NYC in the summer, this was a daily request. Guests could use a refrigerator to store their own drinks - please!
5 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sabrina
"Very small room"
Good location but room very small, could barely fit in bathroom. No ice machine, have to call down for ice to be delivered. Staff very nice & friendly. Hotel lobby tiny with everyone trying to check in at 3-4 there no room to sit with luggage & people everywhere. Overall clean but too tiny
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great hotel just off Times Square"
My granddaughter and I just returned from a week in New York where we stayed at Hotel Mela. We found the staff helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and well cared for. We didn't have a view in our particular room, but that didn't matter. With so much to do in the city, we didn't spend much time in the room. Hotel Mela is very close to Times Square, the subway, stores and restaurants. So convenient! Next time I am in NY I would definitely stay at Hotel Mela.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Ann
"Perfectly located"
In town for a musical, which was convienently located just across the street. The hotel is also only a few short blocks from Times Square.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015