All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
120 W 44th St, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"greal location, great hotel."
Overall, excellent! Location is outstanding, very comfortable and modern rooms, clean bathrooms, and friendly staff. The only complaints I have, considering that it's a boutique hotel, are that the elevators are very small. Also, noise was a problem. In this case inside instead of street noise. The small hallways and close proximity of the rooms generate alot of echoing noise when people are walking in the halls, or coming in or out of the rooms, and the housekeeping staff talks alot in the halls and the noise of them tapping on the doors is very noticeable. But, I would definitely stay here again!
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
Room was too small!
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Jeffrey
"Great hidden gem!"
I have stayed at the Mela many times and love it. It is a hidden gem of a boutique, midtown Manhattan hotel. I am in NYC for work a lot and while don't love Time Square due to the tourist congestion, it is convenient for my work. The Mela rooms are small (like all NYC hotels) but clean and efficient. The staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. Although I don't get membership points, The Mela is my favorite hotel in the city and I recommend to any traveler heading to New York.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Natalie
"Very central, on Times Square"
Hot shower for only 2 minutes then water goes cold. Even after complaining about it, still the same. A hot shower is an essential for me, without any restrictions on how long the shower should be.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
i
"Hotel Mela-not is great!"
My rooms air conditioner had a mold like smell and I heard nothing but the elevator going up and down all night.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
"At the center of Time square / the theater distric"
The only problem is that they don't have breakfast in the morning.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Recommended!"
Decent priced hotel with a really central location. Rooms are clean and tidy, but not big. For the price and lication this is a good choice while staying in New York.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Harald
"Great location and quiet room"
I was pleased and surprised. For being in the heart of Time Square I was sure I would not be able to sleep a wink, but the room was quiet and I got one of the best night sleeps on my trip (did a different hotel each night). The location was great for getting anywhere in the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be in the thick of it but have a quite room to retreat to.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Great place to stay. Centralized location to Metro stations, restaurants and sights. Rooms are clean and secured. Would definitely come back here again without hesitation. The only negative thing is that there is no ice machine on the floors and you are unable to store anything in the refrigerator. You need to call room service every time you need ice and since we visited NYC in the summer, this was a daily request. Guests could use a refrigerator to store their own drinks - please!
5 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Sabrina
"Very small room"
Good location but room very small, could barely fit in bathroom. No ice machine, have to call down for ice to be delivered. Staff very nice & friendly. Hotel lobby tiny with everyone trying to check in at 3-4 there no room to sit with luggage & people everywhere. Overall clean but too tiny
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great hotel just off Times Square"
My granddaughter and I just returned from a week in New York where we stayed at Hotel Mela. We found the staff helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and well cared for. We didn't have a view in our particular room, but that didn't matter. With so much to do in the city, we didn't spend much time in the room. Hotel Mela is very close to Times Square, the subway, stores and restaurants. So convenient! Next time I am in NY I would definitely stay at Hotel Mela.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Ann
"Perfectly located"
In town for a musical, which was convienently located just across the street. The hotel is also only a few short blocks from Times Square.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Kathryn
"Great boutique hotel right in Times Square!"
Other than being hard to find (I walked right by it!), this hotel was very nice! Staff was courteous and responsive, room was clean, modern and comfortable, and the location was terrific. I highly recommend it!
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2015
Kathleen
"Great spot for NY Adventure"
Convenient location, decent price, good sized room. It was also really quiet for the Times Square location. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a view of the city, but the view of a brick wall meant it stayed dark and quiet allowing me to sleep in that big, comfy bed.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Victoria
"Nice Place"
The room was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Front Desk people were very helpful with any questions I had, Need to get better curtains,ones on my room were easy to see thru.All in all, I would stay there again.Times Square is a two minute walk.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
"Hotel Mela in NY"
I strongly recommend this hotel if you are ready for a true Times Square experience! The location is awesome but what made our stay so great was the wonderful staff that took care of everything we needed from helping me find lost luggage to printing tickets and boarding passes! I told them I would be back!!
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Cozy little hotel close to everything"
Staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.great french restaurant right next store. Comfy bed at the end of the dag
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
caryl
Super friendly staff and remarkable service!!
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Jerome
"EXCELLENT DEAL FOR THE PRICE"
Beautiful decor, excellent location,clean and very well kept as well as a very friendly and helpful staff made our stay wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"Must see!"
Overall the staff was amazing. The room was quite small, but I hear that's par for in the city. Would definitely stay again!
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Time Square. However, the rooms are extremely small - barely enough room for a queen sized bed. Very narrow and odd elevators. The service was quite bad as when we checked out -we needed a cab - there was no bellman etc in sight.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
"nice but too small"
Room was too small, it will be difficult for two persons to move around, bathroon and shower were too small, internet was not good and there is no dinning facilities in the hotel
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Mario
There was a hair on the bed when I checked in.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
chandan
"Perfect location!"
My daughter and I have stayed here twice now for last minute weekend stays in NYC! It's a perfect location - walking distance from grand central station and a couple of blocks from Times Square! Very clean! Friendly staff too!
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Evelyn
"Good hotel close to times square"
Good hotel close to times square, easy access to everything. Rooms are small but most are in NYC. Reasonably priced, good experience. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Hotel was really close to Times Square and Good Morning America. Location was great! it was just a few doors down from a little store/deli, which was nice for a quick breakfast. Rooms were smaller than I expected and showers were tiny, but room was always clean. Staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Noemi
"Hotel very close to Time Square, a 2 minutes walk"
The room was very clean but very small. I wish the desk had a light for the computer. Nice bathroom but small, room & bathroom appeared to be updated. Good for a few nights
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Asking for extra pillows seemed to be a hassle!!!"
Rooms very small but expected. Bed is not comfortable and when asking for additional pillows the staff wouldn't accomdate and it seemed as if I was asking for gold.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
mb
"Great trip!"
We had a great trip! Great Hotel, close to everything! Very clean and comfortable! Very nice staff and helpful!
Other trip May 25, 2015
Becki
"Nice hotel close to the square"
Front desk are very courteous and accommodating. Room is spacious and clean.
Other trip May 25, 2015
manny
Hotel was really good. There was a small issue but they solve everything. It was really good. We were really happy with the experience.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Street side is a little noisy at night but hey..you're in NYC...
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Our experience did not match the Expedia ratings"
Our room was tiny. The Internet did not work. The sheets did not cover the mattress. Our view was of the inside light well.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Love Hotel Mela!"
I attend a conference each year in NYC and have made Hotel Mela my home there during this weeklong conference for the past 2 years. I love the hotel. It is comfortable and lovely, and it's exactly the quiet spot I want to be during a stay in the very noisy and active Times Square.
6 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Location and compromise"
Location is its strength. Almost $500 for a "deluxe" room with just two feet on each side of the bed and a closet up to the pillow is neither delux nor worth it. Had stayed there before and chose it again but not the same experience.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"The middle oft the world!"
Hotel right in the middle of NYC!
1 night trip Jan 15, 2015
Asgeir
"Perfectly located modern hotel"
Front desk staff was excellent, helpful, and well-informed. New York guides, maps, newspapers, and magazines available in the lobby. Hotel was surprisingly quiet. Room was small but very clean and had good desk space, closet, free DSL and wifi, stocked in-room bar, and coffee maker, and very nice toiletries.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"You should stay here."
Nice place. Nice people. Great bistro next door. Very comfortable and affordable.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great hotel. Close to all locations."
Love this hotel. We have stayed there many times. Always addressed by name upon registration and a "so nice to see you two again".
Other trip May 11, 2015
grace
"It's a keeper!"
Great location, great price! Staff very friendly!
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Gem in Times Square"
Great location but this time our 2nd floor room was a bit noisy. The staff of the hotel is outstanding and the stay was enjoyable.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Stacy
Nice place to stay near Times Square, with reasonable rates.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Convenient location"
Convenient location, great service
2 night trip Apr 19, 2015
"Will stay again"
Good clean rooms. Cheap for NYC pricing. The bed could have been better. Wi-fi was not available in my room, cellphone reception was not great in the room either so my personal hotspot was slow. Good TV and choice of channels. I don't use hotels other than for sleeping and so it worked out for me. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying here again.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"The Price Matches The Room"
I was mostly satisfied with my stay, the service and the condition of the room. The location is a prime location. I just think the room could be a bit more spacious for comfort sake.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Would stay again if I couldn't find a larger room."
It was a pleasant stay. All the hotel personnel was very nice. The bed was suppose to have been a queen size, it was the smallest queen. The room was just a little small for us.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Curtis
"Love"
I truly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mela, nothing bad to say. I would definitely stay again
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Justine
"This is the spot!"
Great location and price. Would definitely come back to the Mela Hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Masters week times square visit"
the hotel is nicely located but the front desk was horrible. We booked an executive suite but they gave us a regular room yet wanted to charge us for the executive suite rate. Front desk staff was unprofessional and totally rude and unfriendly.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
ayman
"Disappointing"
Not to be repeated, Terrible.. I was shocked when I saw the room its like 2 * 2 meter only
Other trip Apr 15, 2015