All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
655 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA, 94109, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
Booked Superior King Bed room through Expedia. Got 2 Double bed room when checked in. Complained and then told that that is what happens when booking through Expedia. This is NOT a good thing. Makes me not want to use Expedia for my travels.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Breakfast was same every morning fare from everyth"
Homeless close to hotel same breakfast every morning fare from everything cova shatle goes only close 10 15 min for pick up is long time
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
sanja
"Two Day Break"
All desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
Ian
"birthday getaway"
Stood there for one night when I checked in there was an older lady very kind and very sweet the night security was very nice. the neighborhood is kind of bad at night , walking around at night time is not a good idea but it's fine. We are two girls in our 20s and the guys of course would say remarks but none of them actually approached us
"Decent hotel in not so decent area"
Had to walk about a mile to get to the hotel at night and didn't realize how intimidating the streets are at that time. We checked in and got informed of our amenities which was great: Free Breakfast, Free Wifi, Free Shuttles. Although free, the wifi is pretty slow, but can't complain since it is free. Room was in a strange corner to get into, but was very spacious. Towels were very big which was nice for us. The water pressure in the shower though was low, so it was difficult to rinse. Hot water was instant though! The carpet was dirty and had stains throughout, but that was noticeable because of the color of it. I'm sure it's just as dirty at other hotels. Sound leaked from the streets through the sliding door, and the typical city sounds can be heard because of that. Overall, the bed was comfy and nice and didn't have major problems at this hotel!
"Cova"
When I checked in after flying 9 hours, I was told that several rooms were wet (including mine)because a pipe burst so I couldn't check in . They had some kind of arrangement with another hotel ("Good Hotel"----not sure that was an appropriate name for this hotel) so that's where I stayed the 1st night. I should have been contacted about the "wet room" before I took a taxi to the Cova. That being said, the staff at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and apologetic and upgraded me to a king suite to try and make up for the miscommunication. All and all it worked out ok in the end.
3 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"my time at the cova."
From the outside it doesn't look like much but once you get inside, it more than makes up for it. Our room was a bit too stuffy, but with the doors to the balconies open and fans going, it wasn't that big of an issue. With the exception of the parking situation, our overall stay was enjoyable. I'd stay here again in the future!
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
MaryLou
"No AC"
Hotel room does not have AC. Scary part of town.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Not quite what the images portray"
This isn't a bad hotel, but it isn't as nice as the website makes it look either. There is very little parking available, and the attached ramp, not affiliated with the hotel, was $24 dollars per day, or, if you actually want to go in and out, it's 2$27 dollars a day. The surrounding area around the hotel is rather seedy, and over run with homeless people, many of whom are very obviously mentally deranged, and some of which panhandle aggessively. I'm no chicken, but I would strongly caution you from wondering the area after dark. Room size is much smaller than the website makes them appear. Pay attention to the square footage.The ice machine is on the 7th floor. There was no self service laundry. There is no room service. While everything looks new and sparkling in the photo's, it's not. It's worn and could benefit from some paint and maintenance. The street noise is LOUD, and the room windows did little to block that out. If you go, get a high floor room. There is no assistance with luggage, so be prepared. We wre in town to visit area tourist attractions (Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Union Square, etc.). Given the expense of this room, If we had it to do over again, we would probably stay outside the city and commute in.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
dave
"Good hotel close to union squere shoppings stores"
Good hotel but not good neighborhood. Is a central point close to downtown
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
leo
"Not a great example of a good SF Hotel"
We were "upgraded" to a King Suite which actually turned out to be a room facing the sun which was about 90 degrees when we walked into our suite. There was no air conditioning. I only chose this hotel due to location to an event I was attending; otherwise, I would have selected another. With so many beautiful historical hotels to choose from, stay away from this one. It is also a hotel that is heavily used by tour groups. The continental breakfast was weak, also.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great staff, convenient shuttle= great value"
The area, I admit, is not great but you really do not have to worry because they provide shuttle service to major areas. This hotel is a great value especially during Dreamforce compared to other hotel prices.I enjoyed the staff very much, the hotel was comfortable and the attached restaurant was very good accompaniment. I would definitely go back.
6 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
Despite its challenging geographic location, the hotel staff really worked hard at making the stay exceedingly pleasant. Thank you.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great inside, sketchy outside"
I want to start by saying the staff was fantastic. Very friendly and super helpful. The room was kind of spare but nicely remodeled and the breakfast was pretty good. Since I don't know San Francisco I was just surprised at the neighborhood this hotel was in. We walked, with our luggage, from BART and the way was peppered by homeless people sleeping on the street or asking for money. This was our first impression so we were not sure we would stay, but since the staff was so nice and there was a shuttle to take us to the big sights and pick us up we decided to stay put. We did take the BART a couple more times and the staff suggested we walk down a different block and this did help considerably.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"no AC"
Room facing sun on a warm day w no AC in any of the rooms is not good. Surrounding area didn't seem too good. Served its purpose in a very over-priced city. Most all the other hotels start at $450 a night. Absolutely ridiculous! I remember why I don't like staying in SF proper!!
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"COVA is nice; neighborhood, not so much"
Hotel & breakfast were good. Staff was friendly and room was comfortable, except for sleeping at night. Hotel had no AC, and it was a fairly warm stretch in SF, so sleeping wasn't great. The neighborhood was loud, dirty, cluttered w/ homeless, and while probably safe enough, made it less than ideal to be out at night. Also had no good food options, so had to drive to every meal.
5 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Sean
OMG the room was Fantastic we had a king suite and all we can say is.... we are going again!
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"This hotel has no HVAC in the room's"
Oh my god this hotel is in the worst neighborhood in San Francisco the rooms have no air conditioning they tell you to open the door in the bring a fan up for you it's terrible and they call themselves a hotel... If I wanted to stay in the hood I wouldn't of gone on vacation...
4 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Never again"
Will never stay here again. Room did not have air conditioning. I was told to open a sliding door instead.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Spacious, clean and roomy"
When we got there what i reserved was not available, but was UPGRADED to 2 queen size bed room. Staff was AWESONE. The price of the room was pricey, since ORACLE was in San Franscico. But, at COVA i found a reasonsbe room price compared to other hotel prices at the time. The room was clean and spacious. Would STAY there again. Thanks.....San Franscico!!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Joanna
"bad location"
don't have tooth paste. i stayed in many hotels, this is the first without complementary toothpaste. Also not the best location. seems a bit unsafe, but fairly close to everything.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
amrik
"In the ghetto"
The hotel staff get an A++ for making our stay excellent. However, that doesn't make up for the fact that there was at least one fight in the streets outside our hotel each night. We had to leave our windows open each night because there was no AC and the hotel was stiflingly hot each night which meant we woke up for every fight/ brawl (3 in 2 nights) and for the garbage trucks early in the morning. What's worse is that we paid $280/ night to stay in this place!!! Not worth it.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Rachel
one really big problem was the very tiny breakfast room. with 10 people it was crowded. and if you conquered a seat in front of the air condition you´ve been freezed to death.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great Hotel, Bad part of town"
The hotel itself was nice. The bed was par for the course and the room had enough space. The hotel is not in a good part of town so if you plan to do a lot of walking consider taking a cab or uber to a better part of town to start you trip. My wife and I ubered from the hotel to Fishermans Wharf for $8. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle rides to a few of the bigger locations and ride back so if you are not on a tight schedule that is beneficial. If you rented a car use the parking at the hotel is is cheaper than any public parking garages in the area and allows in/out privileges. Lastly, you get a free breakfast in their cafe bar which is a nice way to start out the day. Knowing now that I don't want to walk around the area of the hotel and planning other means to get out and about I would book this place again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Wes
There was no air conditioning, so the room was very warm & uncomfortable
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nice is pictures, terrible in person."
Everything looks nice but up close there are stains on lamp shades, carpet and furniture was shabby. Hotel staff was not responsive as I asked for a wake up call and never got one. Terrible place. Will never go here again.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great Breakfast!"
A quick overnight in SF, picked this hotel based on location and price. (They also had some of the cheapest valet parking in the Union Square area). Hotel is comfortable and clean, nice to have a sliding door that opens to the city air (they say balcony, but you'll be standing in the room when you walk onto it...) Biggest surprise was the inclusive breakfast. Fresh eggs, potatoes, fruit, good coffee. Very nice.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Rob
"Lovely hotel, sketchy neighborhood"
The hotel has a protected entryway next to a parking garage. There is a security guard during the day who is very personable and very effective in keeping the entrance pleasant and safe. All the staff (desk and room cleaners) are super friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The room was spacious and very attractive, the bathroom well-appointed and towels and washcloths abundant. We especially liked being able to open the window for fresh air. Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the ground floor. It was stated to be continental, but included eggs, potatoes, fruit, ham, cheese, croissants, coffee, tea, and juice. Breakfast ended at 10:00 a.m. during the week. We liked this because we didn't feel rushed. A shuttle service is available at certain times of the day to areas most visitors would frequent. The only downside is that there are many homeless people on some of the surrounding streets and this made my daughter uncomfortable. We did not have any incidents and were not approached by anyone. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Pam
"AVOID...terrible location!"
The hotel itself is fine....clean, friendly staff, comfortable enough. However, it is in a very sketchy area of town with homeless people lying in the street everywhere around it. We we 3 travel savvy adults and did not feel comfortable walking around the area. The area is not well served by public transportation. Do yourself a favor and stay in the Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf area.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
One thing I wish the hotel offered to its guest is a small fridge.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Melee
"Conveniently located"
Hotel staff were very friendly and I enjoyed my stay for three nights. Only negativity of this hotel is the location. The hotel is in the Tenderloin district and it is little uncomfortable to walk on the street in the evening.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Sammy
"Great Hotel and Service, Iffy location"
Hotel staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating and friendly. Rooms were comfortable and has a lovely roof deck. Location is convenient to the BART and other cool areas, but neighborhood itself feels a little uncomfortable to walk around in alone at night. Nothing particularly dangerous; just a large homeless population. We were fine, really pleased with our stay here due to the staff (who just go above and beyond to help with bags and reservations and transportation and accommodations, etc) and never had any problems.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Bad neighborhood and no AC"
While the room itself is fine with comfortable bed, the neighborhood is really bad. We didn't enjoy walking to and from Moscone center in the morning or at night. Definitely not a safe neighborhood for a girl to walk by herself at night, which was annoying in a way since some of us need to get back to the hotel at different times in the evening. Another confusing aspect is the room has NO AC. What hotel does not have AC?? While SF has cool, breezy weather most of the times, sometimes during the day I wish there was an AC in the room to keep it cool! Otherwise the staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good.
5 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Everything was very comfortable and convenient except location.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Nice hotel near/in the ghetto.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
i really enjoyed the stay but didn't like the neighborhood c to many homeless...
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Eloisa
"No A/C in my suite!"
Booked a one night stay very last minute. The hotel included a very nice breakfast. The valet parking is located on site. The hotel was very clean during my stay. I requested a double queen, but was offered a king suite, with one bed. They told me it was an upgrade. Over all a nice stay. The surrounding neighbor is noisy, so take earplugs. The hotel offers free shuttle service. For the price I paid for my stay I would normally expect an air conditioned room.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Frederick
"Horrible service"
Overall, I had a horrible stay. I stayed with my friends for an overnight before we leave san francisco the next day. No free parking. Hotel is overall clean and nice but lack air ventilation. No a/c. One front desk staff was particularly rude and hostile. Other staff are helpful and nice.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Friendly staff, nice clean hotel. Poor location in the tenderloin with homeless around leaving bad smells. Never really felt safe walking around the streets, even during the day
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Nice Hotel in a bad area"
I left early. The hotel was nice, the room was fine. The surrounding area was filled with people that made us feel VERY unsafe. We would NOT walk even 1 block away and it was before 10pm. I have been to 9 countries and 4 continents and all 50 states. I am not jumpy by any means. That was a bad unsafe area at night.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Convenience"
Parking right next to hotel, very clean and comfortable rooms. Friendly helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Got to the room and it was very stuffy. no A/C in room had to open window which made it very noisey traffic etc. had to pay $27.00 for parking for one night. Feel that we over paid for the room more like a $85.00 room. how ever would stay their again because of location.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Michael Donahoe
"great hotel"
Fantastic stay, however there was no airconditioning which made it a bit uncomfortable. Other than that it was pleasant enough.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Good hotel in dowtown SF."
Very good stay for the price. Good room, very comfy and nice location in dowtown close to city hall (couple blocks only from public transportation of all sort - tram, cable car, buses, etc...). Would have rated it 5 star all around if we didnt had a room next to the laundry (waking up to the sound of washer/dryer through the wall was unexpected). But I guess that was just bad luck.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Adrien
"Decent hotel in a not so decent part of town"
it was my first trip to the City so I was not familiar with the different parts of town. As I walked from the Amtrak bus stop in the shopping district to COVA hotel, I quickly gathered that this was not the best part of town to be cruising around at 11pm. It's very sketchy but no one bothered me. Wearing headphones and not making eye contact is the key. Now, don't get me wrong, I grew up in "the hood" and I currently work in South LA...but that still doesn't make the Tenderloin any more appealing or generate a sense of safety :-) Now, the hotel itself is nice looking on the outside and also inside. The room was much smaller than I expected, no dresser or mini fridge. 80% of the cable channels were fuzzy. I didn't go to SF to hang out in my hotel room all day, but it would have been nice to come back to a more accommodating room after a long day of tourist sightseeing. But all in all, compared to the price of other hotels in the downtown area, COVA was decent and I would probably stay there again. Hopefully they will get better cable service and upgrade their wifi network. The front desk help was superb!!! Very welcoming and professional!!!
3 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Free upgrade to a room with a beautiful view!"
We started in a nice room but literally no view & not what I had imagined from the website. The staff was very accommodating with a free upgrade to a room with an amazing view. It made our stay so much more enjoyable!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Loved It!!"
Awesome service and conveniently located to everything. Valet parking was inexpensive compared to other hotels and they always had our car waiting for us. We stayed in a King suite and loved everything about it. Would definitely stay here again!
3 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Jose
"Hotel Parking Lot"
The hotel's parking lot, I had to pay each time I would take my vechicle out so I could take my family site seen. I ended paying for the two days that I stay close to one hundred and twenty dollars ($120.00).
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Lopez
"overall good hotel. ."
Good hotel...Breakfast is good just hate the price of parking..overall I would recommend and would stay there again
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Expected a little more"
Over all the room was ok. I was a little disappointed with the stains in the carpet and scuff marks on the bare walls. The beds and linen were very clean so I compromised with my disappointments. I do have to compliment them on their staff they were very helpful and friendly. At check in Latoya was very helpful and informative and was refreshing to see such customer service still existed. We also had breakfast with them 2 mornings and everything was fresh.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014