All hotels in Kennebunkport, Maine, United States of America
4 Chestnut St, Kennebunkport, ME, 04046, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fantastic Little Inn"
I loved Bob! He is an older gentleman that has a wealth of knowledge about the area. He loves to chat over breakfast and actually cares about his guests. He sees them more like family members that are visiting than a customer. He wants to make sure you enjoy your stay, and WE DID! The location was perfect, the B&B was very clean and comfortable, and you can't beat having someone like Bob to talk to. I highly recommend this place.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Simple B&B - Convenient location"
Nice clean B&B but not worth the price. We have stayed at Inns in Kennebunk before and got a lot more for less money. If looking for a simple B&B that is close to town, this could be the place but shop around. Room was a nice size, simple and clean. Bathroom was a little tired and needs updating but the breakfast was very good. We were looking for a place to stay on very short notice and this worked out fine.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Older Inn with Local Flavor"
Went up for the night to Kennebunk/Kennebunkport with my girlfriend to visit family and friends. You absolutely cannot beat the location right off Ocean Ave. It is a quaint place with only a few rooms. Bob the inn keeper couldn't have been nicer. Three course breakfast with a fruit cup to start, pancakes, and then bacon and eggs cooked however you'd like. The Seavey Suite where we stayed had two beds in adjoining rooms, so if you are traveling with children, it is a great spot (no door in between however). Everything that you would expect from a Bed and Breakfast.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
"Old home close to everything."
Great breakfast and a clean room in an interesting family home. Place to park with easy access to house.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"great location, bare bones accommodations"
Very pleasant innkeeper. Nice old house- 1840s. Perfect location. Right in town. Stayed in the Knowles Jr. Suite. Was very unimpressed with the layout--despite having the top floor to ourselves, the bedroom and bathroom were on separate sides of an exposed staircase. Only the bedroom locked. Had to get fully dressed to cross the hall to use the bathroom. Bathroom had been renovated in the 1970s or '80s and needs updating. Room was not especially clean--saw dust bunnies under furniture and in corners. Felt sand in bed. Breakfast was unimpressive--very strict menu (bacon appeared on our plates without being asked if we eat it along with 1 slice of heavily buttered white toast and 2 eggs cooked in lots of butter), little variation in the 2 days we were there (fruit cup, pancakes(day 1) french toast(day 2), eggs/ bacon/ slice of toast, and low quality (pancakes tasted like they came from a box mix, artificial syrup). The other couple who stayed in the house were chastised for coming late to breakfast. Also, not sure if this is "normal", but housekeeping was an additional charge and needed to be requested. The experience made the B&B feel a little too much like a hostel.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Charming, if a bit expensive"
The house was quite charming, and our room was comfortable. The B&B lacks many of the conveniences of a regular hotel, but in all it was a nice experience.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Great Locaton!"
Great Breakfast!
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Solid B&B, Great Location!"
My wife and I came to Kennebunkport for a quick jaunt up from the city. This place has a great old house vibe to it and is very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was friendly, and we got good advice from the proprietors as far as places to eat and things to do. Very low key, comfortable, and literally across the street from the shops and restaurants in the heart of the town. Can't beat the location!
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
"Warm hospitality, great location"
Loved our stay in Kennebunkport's oldest bed and breakfast - a true find. Our kind, well-organized, and friendly host had everything ready when we checked in. A good sized suite provided us with ample space. The bed was comfortable and the accommodations were clean. The proximity to downtown, the amazing full breakfast served on china, and the lovely antique-filled house were the cherries on our sundae of a long weekend spent at the end of the summer in Maine. We will definitely be back!
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2013
Weekender
"Nice B&B, right in town with free parking"
Very pleasant, and the owner/operator gave us some great tips for where to eat.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Joel and Alice
"Wonderful experience."
Comfort, convenience, free parking, perfect location, wonderful staff, very clean.. look forward to returning.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
JD
"Not clean"
The room was not cleaned when we arrived. There was thick carpet of dust below the bureau and bed. In addition, they did not clean the room or make the bed daily. This was not priced as a youth hostel. They had the nerve to leave a note if you want the room cleaned daily, they would do so for an additional fee- with a tip envelope. For what? I have stayed all over the world and never encountered this. The waste bin was not taken out every day. In the heat of the summer I found this super gross. The sheets were pilled cheap poly. I knew that the space would be dated based on previous reviews- however, I expected the space to be cleaned. The breakfast was not good. The fruit was not fresh. Not real maple syrup.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"MEMORABLE"
This is AN AMAZING location, so close to the very center of this lovely town. Bob (owner) is the most INCREDABLE host. My boyfriend and I went to Main to pick up our daughter from sleep away camp and got very lucky finding this B&B. Our experience could not have been better, with the incredable location and the history of this B&B since it is the oldest in town. Everything is so cozy and clean. Bob made us feel like part of his family and he makes THE BEST BREAKFAST. The neighboors from across and next to this B&B were also very warm and sweet to us. We felt in love with EVERYTHING and we are definitely going back to visit Bob. HIGHLY RECOMMENDE IT TO EVERYONE, you will not feel like another customer, you will feel like you are part of his family.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Sofia
"Very nice place"
This is a classic bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport with three total guest rooms. It has been in the same family for many decades. The room was clean and comfortable and the location is right in the heart of town. Bob the owner lives in the house and cooks up a great bacon and egg breakfast every morning and was really helpful in finding restaurants and other local activities. There is parking, wifi and cable tv too. Cool place, I'd definitely go back.
2 night romance trip Jul 18, 2013
"NICE B&B CLOSE TO TOWN"
BOB OWNER VERY NICE AND INFORMATIVE. B&B IS CLOSE TO TOWN AND RESTAURANTS. NICE NOT TO HAVE TO FIND PARKING.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Great Little B & B"
Had a great weekend at the Chetwynd House. Perfect spot to walk around town and a nice, clean, comfortable room. Breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Location, location, location..."
The Chetwynd House Inn was a good place for us. We were getting away from home for a couple days with a drive up the scenic coast for our 45th wedding anniversary. The Inn is older, but welcoming and very convenient to Dock Square, giving us a place to park our car within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The Innkeeper/owner, Bob, took a lot of pride in his inn. He was available, if needed, friendly, and informative. He served a one-seating breakfast at 9AM which he cooked himself. My one negative would be that our bed in the Blue Room was too hard for us, but for two nights was doable. We would consider staying there again.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2012
EMN

"An excellent host and location"
We have stayed here in the past and enjoyed our recent visit. Bob is an excellent host, making you feel very welcome in his home, which is minutes away from the heart of Kennebunkport.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013

Chambre bleue: s.d.bain à sérieusement besoin d'être au goût du jour- désuet , appareils très anciens très mauvaises ventilation. Fenêtres de la chambre sales, et bain bouché. Très bien situé et proprio très aimable, un peu trop cher
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Chetwynd House Inn

"Loved It!"
07/29/15 adragonne Mexico City, Mexico
I found this charming B&B through TripAdvisor and had a very pleasant experience. there are some negatives but it is a place worthy of a stay. The house is very old and interesting. The owner was there waiting for my arrival. I booked the Seavey Suite which I think is the largest room on the premise but all Kennebunkport was pretty much booked. The room had 2 rooms and a private bath. It was very well appointed in tune with the ambiance at the B&B, clean and bed was comfortable (I only slept on one bed). There is no housekeeping unless you ask (and pay) for it, however, there were enough clean towels and even a hair dryer, I advise you bring soap and shampoo. Breakfast is strictly at 9AM. It is basic but I found it was more a social event than a gourmet meal. It was nice to get to know the other guests and chat a little. Location is unbeatable, other friends staying at very fancy hotels, had a rough time moving around without a car while I was very much at a walking distance to key places. Wi Fi is included and you're pretty much by yourself as there are no employees and the owner leaves after breakfast. On the negative side, it was too expensive. I understand it was one of the few rooms available that weekend but compared to the luxury hotels I visited during my stay, it was a pretty steep tab. I also found myself being bitten by god-knows-what, during nights, although I slept very well. A very quiet street. I would go back there if the price is right compared to the very nice hotels around Kennebunkport. Loved the experience!
"good location, pleasant innkeeper, bare bones"
05/28/14 _Hayley_600 New York, New York, United States
Host was very pleasant and hospitable. Unbeatable location. Cute, old house. The room had a very awkward set-up, with the bedroom and bathroom on either side of a stair case that is open to the house. Knowles, Jr. "suite" not good for tall people--my 6'1 husband kept bumping his head. Very bare bones, and lack of attention to detail, i.e. no bed skirt, so box spring was exposed. Dirty chairs were covered with fabric swatches. Daily housekeeping was optional and cost an additional fee. Breakfast was mediocre, no choices, you get what you get and you feel compelled to eat it because you are being watched. Everything was cooked in butter/ grease. Maybe this is just because it's Maine, but there were many bugs, mostly spiders, inside the bedroom and bathroom. Would not return despite the great location.
05/11/14 ceciceci Washington DC
We stayed one night- it was clean, comfortable, and in a great location. Breakfast was great, and the owner is really sweet. Not exactly glamorous, but a pretty house with so older charm. I would stay here again.
"Quintessential New England B&B"
06/09/13 SteveABQ Albuquerque, New Mexico
My wife and I recently spent three nights at Chetwynd House and had a delightful stay. This place was the first B&B in Kennebunkport (opened in the 1970’s) and has had the same owner-family all that time. We have stayed here in past years, but it has been 12 years since the last time. It continues to be a quintessential New England B&B experience! Kennebunkport is a great little town to visit and staying at this B&B reminded us of staying at our favorite aunt’s house, but with our own private bathroom! The house was originally built in the 1840’s and it has been very well restored and maintained. The house is decorated with antiques and old style furnishings to give you a homey feeling, yet the bathrooms are convenient with modern fixtures and good water pressure. Breakfast is a highlight of the stay—it is always cooked hot and fresh, varies from day to day, and is served on china in the dining room at a common table to allow for wonderful conversation among the guests. The house is only steps away from the center of town with its shopping and restaurants (and my wife would also mention it is next door to Carla’s, her favorite women’s dress shop). It has parking on the property so you don’t have to find a parking spot in town during the busy summer. The B&B was originally opened by Susan, a retired school teacher, and is now run by her son, Bob, a retired military man and hospitality executive. Bob has continued to make this one of our all time favorite B&Bs.
"very good location"
08/25/12 TrevorBNE Brisbane
We tayed or a full week. Location was perect to enable a nice walk to several resturants. Room was clean and tidy, but simple. Probably nothing seriously changes since the late 70's Breakfast had a slight variation each day (you could have your eaggs done a different way). Bob is nice and runs the place with millitary percision.
"Excellent Host"
11/04/11 Maihoon Laurel, Maryland
A friend and I wanted to visit Maine for a girls getaway. We stumbled across this quaint Bed and Breakfast. It was very cozy and the breakfast was awesome, pancakes the first morning and French toast the next with eggs, bacon and fruit. The host, Bob, was cute as ever and very sweet. The rooms and bathroom were decent and clean. The location is perfect, Kennebunkport is an awesome location. It was just enough for what we needed, a nice break from "city" life.
"Perfect Location to Stroll to Everything!"
08/29/11 Catherine W Burlington, Vermont
We booked the Chetwynd House for a last minute, mid-week get away to Kennebunkport and we were very happy with our stay. Bob Knowles, the proprietor, greeted us when we arrived, he was very organized and check-in was a breeze. We stayed in the Knowles room which occupies the entire 3rd floor of the inn. It included a large bed, lots of room, a fridge, AC and a private bathroom. We only turned the AC on once during our stay, the rest of the time having the windows open and letting the breeze blow through was perfect, even during a hot week in August. As an older home, there were a few squeaks and creeks, but nothing that disrupted our stay. The location was amazing, especially for the cost of the room. We pulled the car in when we arrived and didn't even think about getting into it again until we left town. The Inn is on a side street right in the heart of Kennebunkport so it's quiet, yet in less than 5 minutes you're at all of the restaurants and shops. There were some beaches not too far, probably about a mile away. We also went on some nice jogs along the coast and through stunning neighborhoods. Jogging down to Walker Point (the Bush Compound) was my favorite and took about 30 minutes round trip. Bob was very knowledgeable, filling us in on his favorite places for Lobster prepared lots of different ways. He was a wonderful host, great at being available when we had questions and knowing when to give the guests privacy. I would definitely recommend the Chetwynd House to others looking to be right in town on their stay in Kennebunkport.
"What a great experience! We'll be back soon!"
07/06/11 mplum Boston, Massachusetts
If you want a cookie cutter experience, this is not the place for you. Chetwynd House is a unique experience. The rooms are laden with antiques, and the location is convenient to shops and the river. Did I mention that there is parking? Definitely a rarity in this town. Not the most modern, but a great deal with an even better breakfast!
"would not return to the property - room & bath were not very clean."
10/11/09 imendele Boston
3rd. floor room is billed as having a "private bathroom". In reality you a have to cross the hallway to reach the bathroom, in full view of the guests occupying the 2nd. floor. Neither bedroom nor the bathroom were very clean. The pillows smelled musty and there was dirt visible under the bed. Well prepared breakfast is served at 9:00am, but no coffee is available until then. Guests are directed to one of the downtown coffee shops and a request to have the coffee earlier was declined. The location is very convenient to nearby shops and restaurants. Innkeeper (Bob) is very friendly and did provide recommendations to nearby attractions.
"Would stay here again"
08/19/09 BostonTerriersRule Boston, MA
My husband and I booked a last minute two night stay at Chetwynd House during a busy summer weekend. The rate was affordable given the summer beach traffic. The house is a lovely old victorian in a prime dock square location in Kennebunkport. Just down the street from Arundel Wharf, where we had drinks on the dock every night. We were also within walking distance to many shops, atm, the drug store, ice cream, etc. And free parking! It's not for people who want high style or modern furnishings, but it's very comfortable and impeccably clean. We would stay here again.