All hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

Highly recommend
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
sandra
"Nice stay."
Terrific! Outstanding staff and good breakfast.
4 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Great Lisbon Experience"
We had a wonderful visit in Lisbon at the Hotel Avenida Liberdade! The location was great and quiet. The rooms were so spacious after our tiny rooms in France and Italy. But the best part was the service from the hotel staff. They were so helpful and gave us great advice for what to see, how to get anywhere and where to eat! We wanted to stay an extra day it was so nice, but they were completely booked. Can't wait to go back to Lisbon and we will stay here!
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"wonderful location, helpful staff"
The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, especially for restaurant recommendations and reservations. The hotel could use some updating and there was a problem with the pool resulting in a sewer smell in the elevator, gym area and lower level. Our corner room had nice balconies and open windows. The location was terrific for walking to city sites, restaurants, and the bairro alto (happening bar scene for our 20-somethings)
4 night family trip May 27, 2015
Bruce
"Fabulous in Lisboa"
Room was wonderful and spacious by European standards. Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Having a doorman was nice because the doors are heavy. Especially nice was serve yourself cold lemon water, hot tea, and port wine offered all day at bar area. Breakfast buffet was generous and offered until noon each day. The only not perfect thing about the hotel is the small slow elevator. But even that is not a huge issue. We learned to plan accordingly during busy times. The shower floor was very slippery! We asked for a rubber mat and one was delivered within minutes. Great service! Also, the lending library is a nice touch.
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Beyond Expectations"
We were greeted warmly by the front desk and the staff at the hotel is so friendly and very competent. Our room was very large and well appointed. The bathroom was beautiful and also quite large with floor to ceiling windows that opened onto a small balcony. The hotel is perfectly located..on the Avenue Liberdade and we had easy access to the Gloria Funicular and to the Santa Just a Elevador. The breakfast each morning was delicious and had many choices, including an expresso machine that was available all day. After our check-in the manager sent up a decanter of muscatel that we were to enjoy during our entire stay. My husband swam laps in the indoor pool..I just can say enough about this gem of a hotel. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Robin
"Great hotel, location & stay in Lisbon!"
Great hotel & location. Team was extremely friendly & helpful. Room 40 was great!
3 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Charming and friendly hotel in a great location"
This hotel has a very different feel to the large chain hotels - there is an inviting and friendly ground floor area where guests are provided with complimentary port, tea coffee biscuits etc in a charming environment. This encourages many guests to stop here in the late afternoon to relax. It is almost an old fashioned style in a modern hotel. Location is extremely convenient to town. Staff were outstanding. Great assistance in English and incredible knowledge of the city and beyond.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
peter
"Location, location, location plus a great staff!!!"
My wife and I had a great time in Lisbon. All Portuguese people were exceptional, really welcoming and helpful! I've tried so many restaurants during our 1 week stay. I recommend dinner with Fado music, it's a little bit expensive, but well worth it! You'll only experience this in Portugal, so don't miss out! We walked about 8 km everyday and it was nice to get a good night sleep when we got back....ohh and have I mentioned we received a room upgrade, since I'm a Expedia Gold Member. This was a nice plus!!! Hope I've helped with my short review ; ) Cheers!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Charlie
Everything was great... But I guess I need more words or Expedia is going to keep emailing me.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Great location, great view to old city, really good breakfast.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Antonio
"Delightful hotel, centrally located"
Located 1 block from the Aerobus stop at the Restauradores Metro stop on the Blue line, this hotel is very conveniently located. The Rossio train origination stop to Sintra (a UNESCO World Heritage site) is connected to this Metro stop. The Baixa-Chaido stop is only one station away. My wife and I stayed in room 52 on the fifth floor. It was a spacious room with high ceilings, tastefully decorated with wood panelling, with a large warm bathroom. The Wi-Fi was excellent. Room temperature controls worked well. The breakfast buffet was outstanding with freshly squeezed orange juice, fruit, a selection of rolls and cereals, and many hot and cold items. Best of all, the English-speaking staff were very friendly and caring who went out of their way to help.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
United 1K Flyer
"Tiny rooms should not be considered Superior."
I booked a superior room but was given a tiny room with only 1 king bed. I was traveling with my daughter & feel we should have been given a room with 2 beds. Our room was so small we could hardly walk around the bed.
3 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Kathleen
Great location and very friendly staff. Made our stay quite comfortable
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
brad
"Nice hotel in a good location"
Hotel room was comfortable and nice. It was a bit on the small side with limited room for luggage, otherwise it was fine. The only issue was the wifi didn't work in our room, had to go to the lobby to connect.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Andrea
"The perfect stay"
From the moment we arrived until the moment we checked-out we were treated so well. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay pleasurable. They were warm, courteous and generous. The rooms are quite large and the decor is soft and relaxing. A safe in the room is an added plus to store valuables and funds. There was never a shortage of hot water. Bed was nice and firm. Housekeeping staff kept the room looking spotless. The lobby is large and beautifully decorated. There is a small pool onsite great for a relaxing soak. There is also a business center with two computers, various daily newspapers and a small library. The hotel itself is centrally located near many of Lisbon's attractions. Two of Lisbon's three funiculars are within a three minute walk. The Rossio train station is a five minute walk. The Restauradores and Avenida Metro stations are within a five minute walk. There are many nearby cafes, restaurants and ATM's within a five-ten minute walk. We couldn't have chosen a better hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Rocco
"charming hotel in Lisbon"
Beautiful city with wonderful people; easy access to public transportation, restaurants and shops.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"A top choice!"
We had a great stay. The only problem we encountered was unavailable WiFi in one of our three rooms. The hotel was very accommodating about the baby traveling with us. The location is top notch!
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Betty
"Outstanding service by Front Desk!"
The Heritage is located on Lisbon's most stylish boulevard, Liberdade. We received outstanding service from the front desk staff at every turn, from check in and check out to suggestions and reservations for restaurants. The evening/weekend manager was particularly outstanding -- friendly, picked up on our interest in historic sites and areas, and very helpful.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"A very pleasant experience."
My only negative experience was with the lack of internet access in my room. They did try to fix this problem, but their efforts did not work. I was very pleased with the care they took to accommodate our infant grandchild. Their breakfasts and evening sherry were both excellent and added to our enjoyable experience.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Betty
"Ideal Sightseeing Location"
This hotel is in the center of many of the city sights. Next door is a large department store with a great wine store located in the basement level.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Centrally located. Excellent small hotel . Good Breakfast
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
perfect place to operate from to see LISBON and surrounding areas
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Lovely :)"
Great place with wonderful bathroom!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Exceeded expectations!"
Lovely, gracious, old-world and modern! The staff will do everything possible to help you do what you want to do. They will definitely "take care of you". Plus the breakfasts were delicious, the complimentary portos in the late afternoon lobby were so welcome for relaxing after a busy day. And the location is perfect. We'd go back there in a minute!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Lover of Lisbon
"Amazing hotel in the hart of Lisbon"
Service- great. People friendly and helpfull. Amazing atmosphere
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
alterra13
"Center of Town"
Really nice place in the center of a lot of action...we had a one night stop before flying home and were able to walk the neighborhood and get a great dinner near by. Cool thing if you have a car, they kept a parking space right in front for me the whole time I was there.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2014
"Nice Location"
Hotel was located in a very pretty area on a boulevard in the central part of Lisbon, close to many sights. Our room was very nice and spacious. Breakfast option was nice and tea is always available. The shower in our room tended to clog so I ended up using the tub.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Very nice room, clean, good size. People at the desk were usually helpful.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Dee
At truly civilized approach to hotel management. Complimentary free coffee/tea—& biscuits—in the lounge, all day, and the same for a glass of port in the evening. No fuss; no asking. It's just there. (Please, people, don't abuse this privilege. It's too nice to loose.) A singular odd quirk, the hotel has no Dining Room, so the--very comfortable--lobby/lounge doubles as the breakfast area. No lunches or dinners in this relaxing boutique hotel—but Lisbon is overflowing with restaurants, anyway; and you quickly get used to the idea. Excellent (all-you-want) breakfast. If you are not careful it will put weight on you. The only two things about that are 1: the bacon which was very fatty—but that just might be how bacon is in Lisbon (or, indeed, in Portugal.) As for 2: the mini-frankfurters were awful--but who needs those? On the whole, I would have no hesitation staying there again. Centralized location on a densely tree-lined boulevard could not be better. Nice architecture; a tastefully designed interior. There was a pool in the basement but (rather strangely, considering the free coffee, etc.) because residents must ask for access, we didn't bother with that. Peasant staff who have perfected the art of staying quietly but courteously in the background.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Home Away from Home"
Wonderful experience - great staff, location and lovely room!
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Better in than out"
The hotel was top notch all the way around, but outside the hotel, although in a really glitzy part of Lisbon, the number of panhandlers and beggars was a bit unnerving.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"A Pleasure"
An absolute pleasure. Perfect location. Great breakfast and very helpful with figuring out transportation questions and others.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Great Hotel Great Location"
From check-in to check-out, the staff could not have been more pleasant and more accommodating. The rooms have dramatic high ceilings and the juxtaposition between old and new works well. Centrally located, you can walk or take public transportation easily to most areas. Breakfast buffet is a wide array of fruit, pastries, scrambled eggs, etc. In the evening enjoy a glass of complimentary port.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
excellent accommodation with helpful staff and good breakfasts. ( the library was rather short of english language books - a reading room might be a more appropriate title)
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Great shopping!"
Several high end stores at your doorstep. Metro is a few steps away. Hop on hop off bus stop is also a few steps away. Just a perfect Lisbon experience!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Maryann
We enjoy our stay in this hotel. The afternoon tea or wine in a relaxing room was a good treat! Good breakfast but extremely expensive, so just walk across the street and have a real good Portuguese breakfast for 1/4 of the price.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Elegance and Ease"
The Heritage Hotel on Avenida da Liberdade is an excellent hotel in every respect. The hotel is very finely appointed both in the public areas and in the individual rooms. I had a corner room on the third floor that had French glass doors opening onto Ave. Liberdade and the adjacent street. Lovely to look out at the decorative pavement of the Ave. Full, spacious bath, TV, good closet space and fully-stocked mini-bar. The staff were uniformly friendly, knowledgeable, and spoke fine English. The location is ideal: with a short walk to the Metro as well as to buses and trams in Praca Figueiroa, and just a bit further to Praca Comercial (sp?) and the ceremonial entrance to the city from the Tagus River. All of this was as good as one could hope for, and in addition I got this as part of a discounted flight+hotel booking on Expedia for round-trip and five night-stay:$1500. Hard to beat that for a needed winter break.
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
Patrick
"VIP Experience!"
We booked this hotel on Expedia, and we didn't think much of the "VIP" status until we got there. We arrived early morning and thought we'd just drop our luggage with the concierge and go explore the city since it was way too early for check-in. But we were surprised that we could do early check-in. Not only that but we were also upgraded to the best available room in the hotel (Heritage Suite). The room was gorgeous, with a lot of sunlight, and a view on the Avenue and the hills. The tasteful decoration and warm atmosphere of the hotel were also a plus, and so was the delicious breakfast. All through our stay, the staff was very kind and helpful. The hotel location also was very convenient: on Avenida de Libertade, the Champs Elysees of Lisbonne, and a walking distance to the Restauradores area, and other main squares and plazas where you can catch tram 28 to major monuments or elevators to Bairro Alto and other areas. Two more perks of the hotel are the little tea area in the lobby of the hotel and the indoors pool (both open 24h/7). These two last made out stay even more relaxing that it already was. We absolutely loved and very highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Aicha
"Best hotel experience I've had & I travel A LOT!"
I believe the Heritage goes above and beyond the average nice hotel to make their guests' stay a wonderful experience. Not only did the Heritage rate extremely high in all the usual hotel aspects such as cleanliness, hospitality, etc. but I showed up and turns out something went wrong with their computers the day I booked. To make a long story short, they were aware I had a reservation but recieved it late and couldn't quite accomadate all my requests but they went out of their way to make that up to me and pampered me my whole stay, I felt guilty, but it just showed how much they care about their service and each individual guest's comfort.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Kary
"Great experience"
We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. What motivated me to book this hotel was the Expedia ElitePlus benefits. ..and so glad we did. Upon checking-in, the hotel gave us free breakfast, a bottle of moscat, and a "double upgrade" to a room on the top floor (room 62) with a huge bathroom and corner exposure. The room was tastefully decorated with nice view of the castle. Aside from all the amenities you'd expect from a 4 star hotel, the room even came with a DVD player (you can utilize their DVD collection). It is a small boutique hotel so you do get the privacy you need...we did not see any other guests on our floor during our 3 nights stay. The hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. I got sick on my last night there and Andrew offered me some medicine. The bellhop (forgot his name) went out of his way to check on directions for me. They made us feel very welcome. Some perks about the hotel: tea (over 7 different selections) & biscuits anytime of the day, port wine in the evening, indoor swimming pool and gym 24/7, and reimbursement for the funicular rides (unlimited).
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Cindy
"Fantastic place to stay in Lisbon"
The staff was really friendly and helpful. Great location; window coverings do a great job of canceling out most street noise. Can't beat location -- within walking distance to many major attractions, metro, train station, restaurants, nightlife. Highly recommended.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
This is a top notch 4 star boutique hotel. This little blue beauty's location in the heart of Avenue Liberdade is second to none. The rooms are clean, comfortable, quiet, and reasonably large with excellent bathrooms. However, what sets this hotel apart from the others is the service and staff. Free WIFI, port, tea, a downstairs pool, and cookies are just the start. When my wife arrived 8 hours ahead of me on an overnight flight, she needed a place to rest for a few hours before we started our trip by car to the south. We weren't scheduled to stay at the Heritage Avenida Liberdade until a few days later. With a few hours to kill, she ventured into the city and asked the staff if she could store her bags there for the day while she rested. They not only held her bags, but they let her rest in the upstairs library and provided her with a map to explore the city until I arrived. We loved this hotel and its staff and will be sure to stay here again when we return on a future trip.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Location, location, location...and great staff"
We stayed at the HAL hotel for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. We cannot say enough about the fabulous location. It's ideally located for anyone interested in touring Lisbon. The staff was incredibly accommodating and concerned about our well-being. They were able to grant every request from adjoining rooms, 16 and 17 (17 is the most beautiful room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Avenida Liberdade and an incredibly large, well lit bathroom - request this room if you can) to restaurant recommendations to finding us an English speaking taxi driver to drive us all around Lisbon for a very reasonable price. They also arranged several tours for us (a Tagus river cruise and a tram tour of the Alfama District) with pick-up at our Hotel. Overall HAL is a wonderful place to stay.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Janene
Very unfriendly staff. When we arrived by cab I had to go inside to find valet. He was sitting at desk chatting. Person at desk didn't even say welcome. Cab driver much nicer. Room bare minimum. Chaise chair impossible to sit comfortably. On positive note breakfast very nice.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"excellent"
We loved the hotel. Boutique style. Very helpful staff. Great breakfast, very clean, right in the center next to two funiculars go up to the top of hills. Modern ameneties, but maintained an old world atmosphere at the same time. Recommend highly
4 night trip Jul 14, 2013
ronnie
"Location is excellent"
Worth the price for the location. On a busy main street but quiet and feel very safe walking around at night.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
senior traveler
"Friendly boutique hotel"
Loved this hotel and would stay again if I ever return to Lisbon. The staff is very warm and friendly - willing to answer every question. The room was gorgeous and quiet, breakfast buffet scrumptious and the location perfect - easy walk to major sites and neighborhoods, convenient to a subway stop, close to lots of good restaurants.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Dorothy
"Fantastic experience, would stay there again"
We had a fantastic time and I would recommend this hotel to all our friends. The hotel is in a perfect location, was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff, especially Patricia, were AMAZING. Ours was a corner room and was on the cozy side but was clean and airy with great light. Though we were on a busy street corner, with the windows closed it was perfectly quiet. Gym and pool are a great plus. Two critiques to share: the hallways were oddly warm and smelled a bit musty, and(a lot of people have mentioned this), either the breakfast tables are too low or the chairs are too high so it was a bit uncomfortable to eat breakfast, but the food was so yummy and the location so great that it's a small price to pay.
6 night trip Jun 6, 2013
maya
"Best location, customer service, breakfast."
Customer service is the best, so is the breakfast, quiet, location and comfort beds. It is very cute and charming. It is worth every single penny. It is very close to the station Restauradores.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013