All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights herePrins Hendrikkade 108, Amsterdam, 1011 AK, Netherlands, ‏‎800-491-6126

Really enjoyed my stay. Very relaxing and in a safe neighborhood within a 2 minute walk of the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam. The staff were very nice and helpful.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel is full of art.. leaded glass, beautiful old wood, marble. Beds were very comfortable, great shower. Loved the Espresso machine.. the free mini bar was fantastic.. 1st I've ever seen a free mini bar. Soft drinks, beer, water, candy bar, all free. Reception was extremely helpful, I couldnt find the business center and they came up and led me to it.. wish I could remember her name to give her credit.
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2014
Sandy Koerner
Large clean room with modern bathroom. Has a rustic charm. Staff was friendly and helpful. Located close to central Amsterdam.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Hotel with character"
Really cool old school hotel. I had trouble with the operation of my shower controls but a quick explanation cleared that up. This hotel has great character and is only about a five minute walk from the red-light district.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Very cool hotel - would stay here again."
I really enjoyed this hotel and would stay here again if I ever come back to Amsterdam. The building itself is very unique and interesting, the room was spacious and beautiful and had a great view, everything was perfectly clean, and the spa area downstairs was great for relaxing after hours of walking around all day. The staff was very friendly and helpful and there's a FREE mini bar in the hotel room. Highly recommend.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Erica
"Art Deco Paradise"
We have stayed repeatedly at the Amrath. Part of its appeal is the magnificent location, right by Amsterdam's main rail station, and all the tram routes. (And of course, from that station you can get easily to anywhere in Europe!). The hotel is also a miracle for anyone interested in modern architecture, an Art Deco paradise. Very comfortable, good service. Looking forward to our next visit.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Philip
"Simply Outstanding"
Wonderful hotel. Located in an old office building it has real character. Rooms are well appointed with huge ceilings. Staff are terrific and very helpful.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Stay Here!"
Wonderful staff, quiet neighborhood, comfortable rooms.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
"Grand Budapest Hotel: The Amsterdam Outpost"
This is a dark, gloomy hotel, and could have been the set for the movie, The Grand Budapest Hotel. I arrived on Thursday night. No one met me at the curb for my bags. The reception area was dark, with four clerks behind old-fashioned desks. The dining room at 9:30 was empty: my meal, though, was decent. The bar downstairs was odd, dark, and uninviting. The gym was small, cramped, and about what you'd expect in 1978. It was confusing to find my room: the layout of the floors was a labyrinth. The good news: I found a large, attractive room, with floor sized windows and plenty of comfort. Overall, the effect was depressing--precisely the opposite of what I expect in a hotel which advertises itself as five stars.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Jonathan
"A real 5 star hotel next to AMS Centraal Station!"
We got lucky with this hotel in June. A real 5 star hotel, traditional building, nice rooms, all amenities, etc. We asked for a room on the last floor and got it. Tall sealing, great views, quiet. The pool, sauna, Turkish bath, Jacuzzi, gym (a bit small)... 4 minutes walk to Central station and to Amsterdam center area.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Igor
"Unique historical hotel made the stay great."
Unique historical hotel made the stay great and was close to everything. Only negative was room had an odor to it and it took twice to complain about it till someone come up and sprayed deodorizer. Helped a little. We believe someone cooked in there before us.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Was grate, the insider swiming pool, the spa and jacussi very confortable
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Rubén
"Great location, close to everything"
With central station just a few minutes walk away, its easy to get anywhere via the metro or train. The concierge was helpful in recommending places to visit and they provided maps of the town. The room itself was very spacious compared to many hotels throughout Europe, with high ceilings and a large bathroom. The blackout shades are very effective at blocking out any sunlight for those mornings you want to sleep in. The steam room and sauna is well kept and open until 11pm each night. Last but not least, anything with a complimentary minibar restocked daily gets my vote for hotel of the year.
Keith
"Amsterdam"
Very nice hotel very close to Grand Centrral Station the staff was very helpful and informative.
"Amsterdam"
Very nice hotel. Very close to Grand Centrral Station. The hotel staff was very helpful.
"Older Upscale Hotel"
The Amrath is an old hotel that has been refurbished and has large luxurious hotel rooms with lots of amenities. I especially liked the room's comfortable bed, free mini-bar and the wireless remote for closing the many large drapes in the room. I say 'large' because the windows are floor to ceiling and the ceiling is about 12 feet high. Our room had one of the nicest bathrooms I have seen in any hotel with a soaking tub and and a rainfall shower head. Service was excellent and the staff are customer focused.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Rich
"A highlight of a two week trip"
This hotel is amazing. I can't state it better. I will most definitely be returning whenever I go back to Amsterdam. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was luxurious, and apart from a bit of noise at reasonable hours from excited World Cup football fans, quiet and comfortable. Free WiFi and hotel minibar helped go the extra mile. It's also very close to a major train station that can be used to get to the airport. It's located a bit outside of the central part of the city, but my wife and I had no problem walking anywhere (we actually enjoyed getting to see the city while we were walking to places like the Rijksmuseum), however if you do have trouble walking or dislike doing so, keep that in mind. If you are wanting to stay in Amsterdam, I highly recommend you consider staying here.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Good hotel, poor concern for the guest"
If you like art nouveau, then it's ok to choose this hotel, if you don't, you will feel like stuck in the early 1900's and you'll hate it. The hotel in general is "dark", dark walls, dark carpet, dark curtains, but very spacious, rare for an hotel in Europe, large rooms with high ceilings. Get a map to find yourself inside de hotel, it's a labyrinth with no signs to know where to go. In general, the hotel facilities are ok, but the staff has no care about the guest, for this reason I wouldn't choose this hotel again. We had a nice trip with my wife, with previous stops in Paris and Brugge, all great hotels and staff that make the difference (Hidden Hotel and Princehof), not this case. In summary, if you are looking for spacious room, good location, and at the end good money for a 5 star hotel, then choose it, but be aware of the design and architecture and staff treatment (maybe we just had bad luck).
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Exceeded expectations"
This was truly a unique hotel experience for me. I've been to Amsterdam several times and stayed at many hotels. I'd always seen the Amrath building and thought it was an interesting historical structure. When I booked my stay there this time I was beyond pleased! The hotel has so much character. Truly an authentic experience. Service was great, and the staff was truly incredible. Highly recommended!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Adam
"Remarkable hotel"
My husband and I loved this hotel. We had a superior room on the second floor with huge windows overlooking the canal. Staff was great - very friendly and helpful, and requests were responded to in very short order. We didn't eat in the main dining room, but we did take some meals in the bar and both food and service were excellent. And, we were absolutely blown away by how unusual and beautiful the Amrath building is - incredible art nouveau and art deco details both inside and out, and amazing leaded and stained glass windows. I'm a bit of an architecture buff and Amsterdam in general is very interesting in this regard, but the Amrath is something else. I spent some time obsessively photographing the lovely details. The only drawback to the hotel, I felt, is that it is in the old town somewhat near the red light district and coffeeshops. Which is fine if it's what you came for, but we didn't. Sometimes we felt a little uneasy esp. at night with certain characters who were out & about. Honestly no one approached us and we had no bad experiences - it was just a 'tone'. Mostly we simply circumvented this by hopping on trams to other areas which is very easy to do. We visited museums, the Spiegelkwartier, Jordaan, Stopera (saw a wonderful "Falstaff"), the zoo, etc. Were I travelling alone I might not choose this location and I hate to say that because I was smitten with this hotel! Also - no AC and windows don't open, might be tough in high summer.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Clarissa
"Excellent Location, Free Mini Bar"
I really liked this hotel. We were able to take the train to Central from Schipol and walk to the hotel with our bags in less than 10 minutes. Literally, exit the station and go left. You can't miss it. That kind of convenience is a blessing when you're confused from jet lag! I was slightly disappointed that we weren't able to check in early after our 10-hour flight from the US, but I understand that it would have been a courtesy, not a requirement. The room we got was great - canal view and comfy beds. The shower head was also awesome! Can't beat a free minibar in a city where drinks are pricey. Book it!
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
GirlAboutTheWorld
"good location"
lots of history at this hotel. great location. our room was very big and on canal side -4th floor. staff were very helpful. very clean...
3 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Amazing Amrath"
Great service staff from reception, concierge, room staff, and spa personnel. Restaurant was excellent, and location great as not located in the so busy main streets yet easily accessible to trams and train station. Never had a need for taxi. I would return there every time we'd travel to Amsterdam.
4 night business trip May 25, 2014
"Not a 5 star hotel"
Room was on the small side. No ac just a Window to open. Room was very dusty. Tv didn't work but was quickly fix...tho we only had about 10 channels.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Great hotel at convenient location"
Great hotel, beautiful room with high ceilings and a spacious bathroom. The building itself has a great heritage and well maintained. Close to central station. Spa was very nice, unfortunately the hot tub water temp was a bit cold. Entrance only has stairs so a bit inconvenient for heavy suitcases. Overall highly recommended.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Florian & Stefanie
2 Nd stay at Amrath and my room for two people was exceptionally too small. I know you have larger rooms as I have stayed there before with friends and that is why I returned with another friend, however I naturally assumed that a room a bit larger would be assigned for two people as that was what was done before with my friends. I was wrong and frankly there was no excuse for this oversight of two ladies sharing a " closet" . I doubt I will return for a third visit. Far too expensive for what we received and I was embarassed.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Linda Hines
"GREAT LOCATION"
VERY INTERESTING ARCHITECTURE NEAR THE CENTRAL TRAIN STATION
Other trip May 12, 2014
SUZANNE
"Perfect stay..."
I have stayed here many times; the staff is always helpful, the rooms are perfect and it is located only a short walk from the train station.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Clean close to everything very helpful
2 night trip Apr 28, 2014
"Nice hotel near station and city center"
The hotel has a nice staff and it has good amentities. I found many positive aspect with this property and I made this hotel my destination hotel while returning back to the US from visiting other countries. I found that this hotel is not consistent from time to time. Last time I was givin a room on the lobby level witch it was clean but perhaps a room that was givin only in emergency so the shower was smelly and a little dusty. overall is good!!
Other trip May 2, 2014
Francesco
"Good location, near train station and trams."
Historic building, very interesting art deco features.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Abby
"EUROPE2014"
Great, one of the best European hotels that I have stayed in. Very good location and a large room and a good bathroom. The hotel is across from the train station and close the all tourist things. This is a very grand hotel with a very good staff.
3 night romance trip Apr 15, 2014
TIDE
My experience is not great but it was fine. Had a great time and I would visit him. I liked the Gothic style of the hotel
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Fire
It was wonderful! The room was clean and cozy and the staff was always happy to help us out with our travels!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Zoe
"Beautiful hotel, but my room was dark."
Beautiful old Art Deco hotel, close to the train station, restaurants, and red light district. The WIFI was great and the mini bar was well stocked and best of all free! Our room was comfortable, but dark and looked into an interior courtyard. We would have preferred one with more light and a view.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
wendy
"Good hotel, but..."
This was a very nice, but old, hotel. It is very convenient to the train station, about a 10 min walk. Not too much else in the area right around the hotel. The beds, even the extra one, were very comfortable. Small pool and nice sauna. Breakfast too expensive. The staff were very helpful all the time. A solid 4 stars, if you don't mind that the place is old.
3 night family trip Apr 6, 2014
I highly recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"Amarth Grand Hotel"
The building is a refurbished shipping office built in 1913 with distinctive and exceptional character: long wooden staircases, glass enclosed bathrooms, narrow cooridors, and spacious rooms. Gorgeous views from the canal side rooms. Well located near Central Station, close to the Red Light, but blocks from the congested action and clamorous crowds. Many restaurants within walking distance (the whole city is a leisurely stroll), as well as a bar and lovely restaurant in the hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is not the institutional design of a Hilton, rather it is the best of a bygone world, quite charming and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
B. Martini
"Beautiful hotel, close to day tour scheduled"
All staff extremely helpful. Concierge arranged for taxis to take us where we needed to go. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"I was expecting better from 5 *hotel"
I reserved 3 rooms for 3 nights for a group of 6 ladies several weeks ago and requested 2 beds. We paid additional for Superior room. Upon check in I was told only king beds were available and view was looking out over back parking area. A superior room does not guarantee a canal view- only gives you a larger room. Once in our room it was very warm & I asked for a fan which was brought to room right away. Ready for bath- bar of soap was smaller than the Best Western in Paris...Other comments on this site about lobby area being small and reception-check in area - a room with a long table...very strange. It wasn't a big deal & I knew what to expect with lobby area- with a 5 star should have been a grand area for check in with fresh flowers, etc. The full buffet is expensive at 25Euro but they do offer an adequate French breakfast for 12Euro.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Donica
"excellent staff nice hotel"
very large room spacious interesting architecture staff was super helpful great location
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
renee
"Breathtaking hotel, central to a lot!"
We stayed here for a week and I really loved this hotel! I mean the building alone is like something out of a movie, and our room was large and spacious with a great view of the canal! The attention to detail in the decor is overlooked here and there, and yes you might notice blemishes somewhere but come on its a hotel give me a break! The staff were attentive and helpful when needed. They even mailed out our postcards at no charge. Our room was cleaned daily but nothing more than a quick once over. With that being said housekeeping would stop in the evenings to see if we needed anything. This was a nice service, as long as you remember to put up your do not disturb sign when applicable! Also there is a free mini bar in the room restocked daily! I urge you to take full advantage of this service, as it will save you money on drinks if you do go out, with that being said I do wish they would put some cheese and crackers in the mini as the popcorn they give you just doesn't cut it. The wellness center was nice after a long day out walking in the cool weather. Really enjoyed the pool and the sauna and steam room! If you go toward the end of the night be prepared for the only towels available to be used and lying in the floor. All in all I will definitely stay here again. I personally wasn't really bothered by any of the things I said that some people might view as negative, I am just interested in giving a fair and constructive review.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Morgan
"Central location 200 m. From Central Station."
Lovely hotel with fabulous architecture. A former shipping office building with exquisite Art Nouveau details. Convenient to all transport and tourist sights just 200m. from the Central Train Station. Many affordable restaurants within walking distance and close to the Red Light district. Fine swimming pool and sauna. Cozy bar but each room has a fridge loaded with amenities (alcoholic) and free. Basically a fine hotel for Amsterdam and good value.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Traveller
"Nautical-themed Art Nouveau gem!"
I cannot say enough about the fantastic aesthetics of the hotel - I could have spent hours wandering all around the hotel photographing its beauty. The room (a superior room) was amazing - 20 foot or so ceilings, giant windows, modern bathroom - all around amazing. The combo of the carpet and the wallpaper is a little much, but everything else is so beautiful, it's hard to care too much about that. Plus, the minibar is free, so even if the carpet bothers you, just have a few shots of oude genever and its starts to matter less. I generally rate hotels with no free breakfast lower, but the beauty of this hotel is hard to beat, so I forgive them this time. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, and I look forward to the next time I have a layover through Amsterdam so I can repeat my experience!
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Nice hotel 10 min walk from central station."
Nice hotel 10min walk from central station. Staff was excellent, rooms clean & beds very comfortable. I would stay there again for sure.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Grand Amrath"
The building was built early in the 1900's, but the hotel was built in 2007. It is very nice, with large rooms for the Netherlands. The staff went out of their way to see to our every need. Even though most hotels in Amsterdam say no smoking and the Amrath advertises no smoking also, but they do have a smoking section. We have stayed at several different hotels in Amsterdam, but the Amrath is in a very good location and is 5 star top notch. I would recommend the Amrath to friends.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
Doc
"Love Love Love"
Our stay was amazing. Walked to the hotel from Central Station. Very convenient. Beautiful hotel! Everything was perfect! We loved the daily refillable mini bar. Highly recommend!
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"Excellent location, very friendly staff"
Excellent experience... Waiting for my next stay there..
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Harel
"Overall Great Hotel, Shower Not So Good"
It's a very nice hotel, interesting architecture, quality furnishings, comfortable bedding, a nicely stocked complimentary mini-bar and a nice looking bathroom. However, in my room in particular (not my travel companion's room who had a separate shower) the shower consisted of a hand held shower attachment in a bathtub and a tri-fold glass door on the wall of the tub that did little to stop water from flooding onto the bathroom floor. After flooding the bathroom the first time, I had to jerry rig a folded tower under the glass partition to keep the water from spraying under. The shower was really the only thing that detracted from an otherwise perfect stay, but a functioning shower is a very important element.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
"great hotel fantastic location"
So convenient to central train station and far enough away from damrak to be quiet...near the chinese/asian part of town and with the horseshoe layout of amsterdam close to everything...leidseplein is a quick 20 minute walk! We were here off season so the price was great..no big crowds and the spa was very welcoming...the staff were excellant..if it was always off season I would not stay anywhere else in amsterdam.
5 night family trip Feb 11, 2014