All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10 Fleetwood Street, Portland, ME, 04102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"One night at Portland"
We arrived at the B & B at 5PM and our room was ready. It was nice and clean with own shower, full size bed, TV, soap, shampoo, liquid body soap just very nice. It is approx 15 min in car to historic area Portland. It was very easy to get to this B & B. The breakfast was delicious. Linda will ask you what would you like for breakfast and she will prepare it. In General was very good.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Our stay was nice. Breakfast was outstanding. It needed a little cleaning to be honest; cat hair got on our clothing. The Innkeeper was very nice and accommodating.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Nice No Frills B&B"
We enjoyed out stay here. Nothing fancy, but clean and homey. Nice host, good breakfast. There are resident cats, and guest pets are allowed so be aware if you have allergies.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Overpriced and noisy"
Nice looking place but nothing special. For the price it definitely lacked a few things - clean soap and more than half a mini shampoo would have been good. The location is about 50ft from a main road (Brighton Rd) and there was heavy traffic almost all night long. This was the most expensive place we stayed (more than a large Sheraton!) on our vacation and it was definitely not worth the money.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
The worst B & B we have ever stayed. 5 inside cats met us as we entered. The room was very small. The toilet paper was single ply and cheap. One bar of soap for washing and shower. The room was dusty under the bed & in the corners.They did not freshen the room second day. Bed left unmade. The husband inn keeper was very helpful in helping us with tourist questions. Breakfasts were OK. We would not recommend to anyone. We checked out a day early and forfeited our last days rent to escape.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Gene Vineyard
very friendly couple but if you are allergic to cats better not stay there.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
walker
Only one bathroom for three bedrooms---Owners had cats and I'm allergic--couldn't find towels It was clean and the rooms very nice as were the owners. There was an excellent restaurant (JP's) close by.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Sandy
"Nice job Jim & Linda"
The room, although a little small and with no TV was very clean and very nice. Since it was my first B&B experience, it may be customary for rooms to not have TVs. Jim and Linda were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was served precisely at the time I had mentioned to them the day before and was delicious. I would have liked to be closer to my events which were downtown, but I imagine that would have been reflected in a steeper price if so. Overall a fantastic first shot at a B&B. I would absolutely go back.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Great value"
We only stayed one night and didn't spend much time at the B&B. It was clean and breakfast was delicious. Not in the middle of the Old Port, but that was a short cab ride away. The bed was overly firm, but that may just be my personal preference.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2013
"Tucked Away from the Hubbub"
We had a lovely stay. The B&B is filled with beautiful antiques. Breakfast was served in the charming dining room and was delicious. We had a beautiful four poster bed that DID creak, just by sitting on it. The shared bathroom was attractively appointed. Perhaps the best thing was the comfy front porch, ideal for conversation or a good book in the evening or morning.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Portland B& B for Maine adventure"
This is a beautifully restored house and decorated with lovely antiques and art. The innkeepers were attentive to all our needs and went out of their way to make sure they were accommodating our needs. Both Linda and Jim were friendly and we enjoyed our conversations while watching TV and during breakfast coffee. We did not choose to have breakfast, however the innkeeper made us coffee and it was delicious. This B & B was in a convenient location to the airport and central to most areas we wanted to visit. The air conditioner worked well. Our room was small with an in room bath. Even though it was a small room, it was planned well and met our needs.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
Very Nice and cozy
1 night trip Jun 23, 2012

"Nie wieder Bed and Breakfast"
Als wir ankamen wurden wir von 3 Katzen begrüßt. Es stellte sich heraus das die Besitzer 5 Katzen haben, die teilweise auf den Couchen im Wohnzimmer liegen. Zum Glück haben wir keine Katzenallergie. Aber davor sollte dringend gewarnt werden! Das Zimmer ist sehr klein. Es gibt keine Möglichkeit die Koffer abzustellen. Es gibt nur einen winzigen Tisch mit einem Sessel. Ich musste mit dem Laptop auf dem Bett arbeiten. Es gab keine Pflegeprodukte, außer einer schon vorher benutzten Seife. Der Fußboden war staubig, die Bettwäsche grau. Die Überdecke aus ekligem Synthetikmaterial. Außerdem war das Zimmer eiskalt. Es war nachts 5 Grad und es gab keine Heizung. Die nahegelegene Straße ist sehr laut. Ab dem frühen Morgen war an Schlaf nicht mehr zu denken. Außerdem liegt das Haus ca. 15 Autominuten von der Innenstadt und dem Hafen entfernt. Das Frühstück war o.K.. Das Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis für dieses Hotel stimmt leider überhaupt nicht.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
Ulli
DE
"Super service"
Det var et meget hyggeligt sted at besøge. Værtsparret var meget behjælpelige og søde. Man skal påregne at køre i bil til det man gerne vil se. Kan stærkt anbefales.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2012
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Fleetwood House Bed and Breakfast

"Comfortable and warm"
10/26/14 Bellacola Sandown NH
It was like being in a home away from home. My husband and I had a long trip before staying at the Fleetwood. We were tired and really done with traveling. This B&B really helped us cope a little longer with being away from home. The breakfast was delicious.
"Ambiance and cats make it a 4*, otherwise a 3*"
10/25/14 CityLawyerLondon_UK London, UK
A couple of caveats up front: if you are not a fan of cats, you may not love this place. That's not to say that there were signs of cats everywhere, far from it (I didn't see any evidence of cat hairs or dirt at all), but it's clear that the owners are cat lovers. This suited us as we are too! Secondly, this place is some distance from downtown Portland. We called a cab (our hostess gave us a number) which cost around $15 so it was manageable. The cab driver even gave us some great tips on somewhere to go for a drink and dinner. To walk it would take a long time so I wouldn't recommend it unless you are very keen walkers. Thirdly, this is proper New England old-fashioned style, by which I mean lots of florals, old furniture, lace and cushions everywhere. It's not my personal style but it was clear that the house is furnished with love and care, so I didn't mind. Photos of the family were dotted all over which gave it a homely feel. A couple of things would improve the stay though: new towels (the ones we were given were a bit old and frayed, albeit clean) and a less creaky bed. Every time I turned over in the night, I woke myself up with the noise. This seems to be a common problem in New England B&Bs, I cannot understand why. It would also help to install brighter, more modern lighting in the rooms and bathrooms. We had some interesting chats with the owners, they have a fascinating family and it seemed they run the B&B because they love it, rather than for purely financial reasons, which endeared them to us greatly. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, and very filling indeed. Overall, the facilities/room decor at Fleetwood were probably the most basic of our trip, but the warm welcome made up for it.
"Tour of New England "
10/13/14 Rebecca W
This was our first night of the 6 nights in New England. We stayed in six different B&B's/Inns in the 6 states. This by far was our favorite. Linda was very nice and truly is a cat lover like me. Not once did you smell cats or see a litter pan. It was nice and clean. We feel the best part of the trip was our time spent hanging out on the porch with Jim and Lucy " Lucy being the sweetest loving male cat:). " Jim " the inn keeper" was awesome and had quite a sense of humor which was refreshing. Highly recommend. This was the best part of our stay in New England.
"Comfy and homely"
07/19/14 dancinjess416 Monument, Colorado
My fiancé and I were passing through Portland for the day and wanted to have a local experience as we have both done our fair share of hotel travel. We found Fleetwood house because it was very close to the downtown but till far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Lisa was a fabulous host, gave us a great recommendation for dinner and cooked us such a delicious breakfast. She was genuinely interested in talk into us but also gave us space to eat. They do have two furry friends so if you are allergic to cats I would not recommend. Very comfortable stay.
"Wonderful Independence Day stay"
07/16/14 A F Waterbury, Connecticut
Our reservation was for July 5, the day after Portland's fireworks etc. Due to the rain, we arrived the day of Portland's celebration. When we arrived in the area I called to coordinate check in so we would be there at the best possible time. When we arrived, Linda helped us with our luggage. The room was beautiful and a nice comfortable temperature since the rain had cooled everything down and the windows were open. The other couples checking in arrived shortly there after, so parking out front was full. After check in, we went downtown to enjoy the evening. When we returned after the fireworks, the other couples were still out, so there was no problem parking, and plenty of space for the other guests when they returned. Since it was rather nice out, we left the windows open that evening. The night was typical for any city with fireworks. Lots of people out meant a lot of emergency services activity (actually, for a very large city it would be considered rather light). The result was that a few times during the night there was a siren going past the window that we chose to leave open. We could have shut the window and turned on the AC, but we chose not to do that. Breakfast the next morning was at the time we chose, and started off with fruit. It was a wonderful breakfast, and we were checked out and moving on as the other couples were starting their breakfast. We had a wonderful time, and I have already recommended it to friends.
"Great location, friendly couple running this B&B"
04/16/14 Ronda D Woodbridge, Virginia
A friend and I stayed at this inn for 3 nights. Linda and Jim were very hospitable and helpful. The location is great-about 3 miles from the airport ($10+ tip for cab) and about 3 miles to the Old Port area ($10 + tip for cab). There is a bus stop across the street and at the corner for only $1.50/ticket. Later, Linda tried to help us get a bus to the art museum (only $1.50 each) but it turned out we were going the wrong direction and had to go the entire route (about 45 mins.). The OUTBOUND bus #4 takes you away from downtown/Old Port and INBOUND takes you into the downtown/OLD Port area. We brought back a copy of the schedule and hopefully no one else will have this problem. We both enjoy cats and did not mind the cats in the shared living areas. However, with 4 cats, it's very difficult to keep all of the hair in check and we were glad the cats were not allowed in the guest rooms. I have asthma and allergies and had no issue with the cats; however, it appears that Jim is a smoker. Several times, I found there to be a strong odor of cigarette smoke which caused me to have a sore throat and a headache. I noted this to Linda; she said she would take care of it; she did not tell me that it was Jim that smoked. Both of my parents were smokers and I know that even if a smoker smokes outside their clothes etc. often smell strongly of smoke. I was concerned about this making me sick and told Linda that if I felt worse we would have to leave. I did not read the other review about problems w/ the cat hair/dander and lack of refund. It would have been very upsetting to have an allergy/asthma problem in a "non smoking" house due to the smoke smell and not get a refund. However, due to the amount of time we were gone and opening the window in our room, I was able to stay. Linda and Jim are lovely and helpful, but you should be aware of the multiple cats and cigarette smoke smell. Linda spent quite a bit of time helping us with directions, recommending places to visit/eat. We enjoyed all of those places. J's Oyster Bar was especially fun. It's small, but the staff, regulars were friendly and talkative...a breath of fresh air for 2 people living near DC. The home has small guest rooms, typical of an older home. The décor and friendliness were excellent. Breakfasts were good, but nothing special-French toast, scrambled eggs, Belgian Waffles. A few things that would make this a better stay-white noise machine, guest soap in shared bath, more guest shampoo/condition in shared bath. Snacks/water left out for guests. Serve special meals-ex. omelets with crab/lobster meat, eggs with hollandaise and crab meat. USE the local seafood! :)
"Lucky miss"
10/12/13 richardbate Penzance, United Kingdom
We didn't actually stay, as on arrival we were told our reservation had been cancelled by booking.com (it hadn't) Owner's husband seemed flummoxed, much checking of a battered exercise book, whilst we were invited to "make yourselves at home" in the parlour. Trouble was, each of 3 sofas was occupied by a sleeping cat. In fact, everything reeked of cat, and there were hairs everywhere. The lavatory was a cubby hole under the stairs. We were well happy to leave....
"Fleetwood makes you feel at home"
09/12/13 dskel
Jim and Linda are a wonderfully friendly couple that truly make you feel at home. Breakfast is served every morning in a lovely dining room, and our hosts answered any and all questions we had about local points of interest. This is our second time visiting and we would definitely stay here again!
"Great experience"
09/03/13 rdh_1_kar
This was the first time I had ever stayed in a B&B. The house is beautiful, but what really sets this place apart from the rest are the owners. Jim and Linda are amazing! I called them at 9am with nowhere to stay and not only did they accommodate me, but they let me come right over even though check on wasn't supposed to be u tip 4pm. I had driven all night to get to Portland and needed a chance to freshen up. They guided me to a great dinner and suggested inexpensive ways to see Portland. Staying at Fleetwood house was more like staying with friends. My room, the blue room, was very comfortable, the house was spotlessly clean, and Linda made an awesome breakfast for all in the morning. I especially enjoyed having the kitty cats around as I have three at home. I would definitely reccomend Fleetwood house to anyone visiting Portlamd!
"Just a little more..."
06/30/13 FlorenceScholar Cardiff, United Kingdom
i want to start by saying that Linda is one of the genuinely warmest & interested people we have met on our trip to the US this year. The house is lovely & absolutely homely, the addition of feline company made it attractive to us when we planned to stay here as we knew we would be missing our own moggie by the time we got to Portland... We were pretty thirsty & tired when we arrived & it would have been nice to have been offered a drink - especially as there was no provision in the room (due to shortage of space I guess) - although I think that if I had asked we would have got something.we were in the Blue Room which seemed a little oppresive to me - the comfortable dark wood bed was comfortable but took up most of the space & the lighting (only the centre lamp worked) didnt help with this feeling... The shared bathroom was ok - as towelling robes were provided, however the sticking bathroom door proved a little challenging - having to put one's weight against the door to bolt it and then pull hard with the left hand on the clothes hook to pull it open - I am sure this can be easily addressed & meant to mention it before we left but got preoccupied so sorry for that! Breakfast was really good - fresh fruit with yoghurt followed by French toast - scrummy, only slightly let down by coffee which was so weak we thought it could be tea... Our hire car died again overnight & Linda was very helpful with letting us use the phone, wait on the porch & offering a cold drink while we waited. All in all this really should be a three & a half & with a couple of tweaks would have made it a four for us.