All hotels in Marathon, Florida, United States of America
2600 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL, 33050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A beautiful piece of Paradise"
Tranquility Bay is a very quiet, private family friendly resort. It is very convenient to all the restaurants and and activities in Marathon. So nice to return to the resort and walk along the white sandy beach, have tropical drinks at the Tiki bar or just chill on the chairs on your private veranda.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Excellent!!"
Wow!! Beautiful & Great Hotel!!
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Ricardo
"Beach house"
The view was amazing I felt like if I was in the carribean. The rooms and the beds were amazing. Overall the fanciest and best hotel in the keys. I stayed here last minute wish I could of stayed more I don't want to leave. The hotel was very clean and service was excellent. This is excellent for a family getaway
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Great stay
"Great location, very comfortable"
Unfortunately weather was cold so we weren't able to enjoy the beach facilities, but it looked very nice.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Ann
"Very clean"
Went on a family vacation. Unit was very clean upon arrival but housekeeping was sporadic after that. Had to track down towels. The resort is in a beautiful spot but back porches are lined up together so there was no privacy whatsoever when out there. Master bedroom was large and lovely but other 2 rooms barely had room to walk around the beds. The unit slept 6 so there were only 6 plates, 6 forks, 6 glasses, etc. Seemed very stingy and silly for such a pricey place. Again very clean, no bugs, no mold, would recommend for that reason but plan to look elsewhere for future stays. Also no smoking policy but maintenance men were smoking in parking lot.
7 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Luxurious gated stay"
Like staying in a high end residential townhouse by the sea. You are very protected. And cut off. I won't go back, though I liked it.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Bonnie
"After Christmas getaway"
A quick getaway after Christmas. Lovely place, will definitely plan to stay there again.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Wonderfull experience"
It feels more like staying at a cottage than in a hotel. All family together. Right next to the beach! And the Butterfly restaurant food is just great. Highly recommended even if it's not the cheapest place to stay.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Unexpected, positive, experience"
Worth a visit. Relaxed. Great food. Youngsters hoped for a faster wifi but ... :))
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Rooms and the facility in a great condition, but cleaning staff never cleaned the coffee maker or the tub. Out of 3 pools only one had warm water, and kids were not allowed in this one, adults only. This is pretty ridiculous as the adult pool customers choose to sit in lounge chairs and read books or sleep.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Traveller
"Perfect location."
Love the area.Rent a bike at Overseas Outfitters(just north of 7 mile bridge)and explore.Don't forget to go to Sombrero Beach.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Great Getaway"
My husband and I were in great need of a relaxing week away. Tranquility Bay gave us just that. The units felt like home. Immaculate, well appointed just perfect. The property was beautifully maintained. Pools were clean and peaceful. Unfortunately the weather was cool and windy so we were unable to take advantage of the water activities. The On premises restaurant Butterfly Cafe was perfect. Great food atmosphere and service. The Tiki bar was very fun. All in all the perfect stay. We will be back.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
susan
"Beautiful hotel!"
We only stayed one night, but we wish it could have been longer. Our room was huge and very clean. We walked the grounds before we left, and the beach and lagoon pool were beautiful. The young man at the desk told us of a great place to have breakfast. All in all a short but very pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice stay in Marathon"
Very nice room and hotel, beautiful garden and pool landscape and very good restaurant - pity that they don't serve any breakfast, though. Beautiful beach although not the best for swimming. Would recommend to use the public beach in Marathon for that purpose which is easily accessible by bike or car.
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"This Hotel lives up to its name!"
I booked this hotel because I got a great deal through expedia. It was paradise! It took my breath away from the time we drove in. The lay out of the resort makes you feel like you are in a differant world. We stayed in the garden area and there where several buildings that are best descibed as townhome meets English Garden meets Beach house. Very quiet and private. The room and bathroom were up to date, a good size and very clean. The beach was gorgeous with a beautiful sunset view. Ther were lots of activities, however, none were included in the room price or the resort fee. We ate at the resort restaurant which was the highest rated in the area. The food was exceptional and so was the service. The only down side was it was a little pricey for my budget. I wasn't happy about paying a resort fee and having no real benefit from it. I'm very glad I got a good deal through expedia or I would have missed out on this beautiful resort!
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Allyson
"Best place to stay in Marathon!"
Absolutely perfect! We loved the atmosphere and the rooms were very cool. We will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Resort grounds are lush and tropical Key West"
The resort grounds are lush with palm trees and tropical plants. The room decor is Key West style and roominess, especially, bathroom is spacious. The main pool is large with a small section walk-in like beach. There is a large beach with white sugar sand facing North that you can see partial sun rise and sun sets. Maintenance is somewhat nonexistence as daily accumulated seed weeds and palm tree debris were not cleaned. The resort seems like it was designed for time sharing condo-like units that have kitchens and large living spaces and separate bedrooms. My room in the Garden section is a regular room with 2 queens size beds and no kitchen. Management needs to improve their hospitality for this type of guests staying in the no kitchen facilities with at least coffee at the Lobby in the morning. The room's coffee machine has just 1-cup bag regular and a decaf coffee. If you drink coffee in the afternoon, you have no coffee in the morning. Regarding the location of the Garden section, it is at the end of the resort near the garbage dumpster, so after parking the car, you have to pass by the dumpster before you can get to your room. Not too pleasant. It should be noted that my reservation was booked months in advance and still did not get a better location in the resort.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
We have stayed here many times and always a good experience
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Barb
"Away from the noise and the crowds"
We felt welcomed and serviced from the time we arrived. The condo was very well furnished! Loved the porches! The grounds are lovely as are the pool and the beach. The food is pricey but absolutely wonderful. Sorry that the beach is very short so there are no long strolls to begin or end the day and the sea grass has a very strong smell of rotting vegetation.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Co. visitors
"Great place to relax"
Wonderful relaxing vacation. Everything needed was right there.
Scot
"It was awesome. Loved the tiki bar on the beach."
My husband and 2 adult daughters stayed the week before Thanksgiving. What a nice break. Loved the Tiki bar on the beach and the choice of pools. The only issue I had was on one of the days, the housekeeper wanted to come in and do her thing with linens etc. I let her know my daughters were actually taking showers and getting dressed. She was a bit put out that she had to come back and rolled her eyes. I noticed there were no wash clothes left that day. Not sure if it was accidental or pay back.
Janie
"Nice hotel but beach not nice for swimming."
Hotel is nice, clean and new. Very peaceful. Nice swimming pool, but the beach is not good for swimming - very small swimming area, shallow water and lot of sea grass. All together overpriced, at least for 2 bed room.
GD
"You won't be disappointed"
Great place to stay. A little less rain would have been nice though.
3 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
kenneth
"beautiful, quiet,"
needed a place to relax and explore the keys, it was perfect!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Beautiful resort right on the beach"
Great location and extremely nice units. Sitting at the tiki bar overlooking the beach and ocean was great.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Dennis
"Perfectly named resort...."
“The worst part of our getaway was..... ....we had to leave. We had waited to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We called it our 'FortyMoon' and ever so grateful that we spent it at Tranquility Bay. This Resort is phenomenal. The site's pictures and description of the resort matched it to the letter. Mother Nature had a good deal to add to the beauty of our stay and the temps ran from the mid to upper 70's and low 80's. No doubt in our minds that everything hoped for turned into a superb reality.
Bob and Lynn
"Tranquil and clean, comfortable hotel on the beach"
After flight delays on American Airlines, ( AA put us all on the plane, pulled away from the gate, then told us we could not take off due to incomplete paperwork for our flight for 45 minutes??? ) and a terrible experience at the Dollar Rental Car at Miami airport, we checked in at 12:30 am. We called on our drive and the wonderful staff accommodated our delays. We were looking for some r&r, and the accommodations, setting and staff at Tranquility Bay provided that. We would go back. Also the restaurant Butterfly Cafe and our server Cheryl were exceptional.
K
"Way,way overpriced"
For an extremely high rate per night, we were given a Motel 6 size room which had hooks on the wall instead of a closet. Our attempts to upgrade were denied, even though we offered to pay additional.
Ralph
"Peaceful and Relaxing"
My only complaint is every morning there was some type of loud maintenance going on. We wanted to sit on the porch and drink our coffee but the noise ruined the peacefulness of the place.
3 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2014
ANN
Just stayed 2 days. Rooms and grounds are very nice.
2 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Tranquility, indeed."
The resort is kind of hidden from the main road, but what else would you expect from a hotel labeled "tranquility bay"? The staff was really nice and helpful, especially the front desk guys. As soon as my boyfriend and I drove up to the front, we automatically felt at ease. The grounds are beautiful and I wish I had more time to explore them, but even just the front, the lobby, and the room alone, I had a wonderful stay. This is exactly what you imagine when you think of a perfect vacation hotel in the keys.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Janine
"Perfectly Named Hotel - Tranquility Reigns Here"
Stayed 2 nights in Tranquility Bay pre-cruise-loved it! So quiet and peaceful, very relaxing. Friendly service, immaculate room, beautiful and well-maintained grounds. Great view from the shore! The only thing missing is a hot tub. The way it's laid out it's deceptive how many units there are because it always felt practically empty, though supposedly the resort was at 90% occupancy. Comfy king-size bed, huge shower, wifi worked fine and we never heard a sound from the room above. Adirondack chairs by the water - a perfect spot to sit with your morning coffee. Note there is no breakfast available at the resort. A little inconvenient if you have a room without a kitchen, but there are options nearby. Great happy hour at the tiki bar. Friendly bartenders Steve and Sean gave us tips on restaurants, etc. I do have a couple of minor complaints. 1 towel/person, really? I don't mind re-using a towel, but provide 2/person so you can allow them to dry. Also, what does the "resort fee" cover? No breakfast and all water sports are an extra charge, so it appears to cover only wifi, which at $25/day is pretty steep. However, we got a great room rate so it didn't bother us too much. Note also there are a lot of critters, from tiny geckos to HUGE iguanas, so if that bothers you, you may want to consider another hotel (but that could be an issue anywhere in the keys). Overall a great stay and I highly recommend Tranquility Bay for peace, quiet and relaxation.
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
claire
"Nice resort close to Key West"
Did not stay that long but it was a nice resort. Rooms were ok. The resort was on the beach and within an hour from a Key West
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Paradise found!"
The accomidations were amazing! Anything you would need and more... From towels for the beach to laundry detergent to even a cork screw for our wine night on the back deck! We had an amazing stay... Our only regret was not staying longer! We will make this a yearly stay for sure!
2 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
Lena
"Great choice"
Our favorite place to stay in the Keys. The only thing wrong with this was that we didn't get to stay here longer. Friendly staff and great facility
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Ron
"bad service"
The place was nice but service was awful.
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Home away from home, only better"
Our stay was lovely. Tranquility Bay thought of everything to make our stay comfortable, fun, relaxing and beautiful. The single negative is slow, spotty Internet connection. Otherwise, a wonderful trip. We will definately return.
3 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
WN
"Amazing"
This hotel is amazing! There is everything you need. The restaurant is very nice. Will go back for sure!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Alice
"Will be coming back"
Everything was excellent. My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Good location, excellent resort. Clean safe convenient. Will not consider staying anywhere else. Loved the pool and the beach and the tiki bar. We did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant but we heard other guests raving about it.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
susan
"Nice place with beach"
Very nice place to stay. Only downside is usable beach area is small. Nice & clean large pool. Kid friendly place.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Tranquil"
Amazing resort- very peaceful.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Becky
"beautiful property"
beautiful, well kept property. large pool. large room with no closet. good size bathroom. would have been nice to have chairs on the deck to sit outside. beachfront bar and limited menu. the outside region of hotel was o.k.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Expected so much more..."
My wife and I booked a partial ocean view room. Once we checked in and arrived at our room, our "partial ocean view" was barely visible and from only the upstairs bedroom. We returned to the front desk and requested a different room which we were given the following day. This was still somewhat unacceptable as we had to pack up the following morning, check out and return again the following day at check-in time. If you're looking for rules, this is the resort for you. There were rules for everything all the way down to drinks on the beach. Everything pretty much closes at 9:00pm so you'll need to figure out what to do with the rest of your evening. (The pool / beach bar / restaurant) You may want to polish up on your Spanish as our cleaning crew that came to clean our room could not speak English and even asked if we knew Spanish. I can't for the life of me think of why any resort would not hire employees who can speak the local language especially if they have any contact with the customer. On a positive note, the resort itself was quite nice from a view standpoint and our room was comfortable and had plenty of space. Overall, my wife and I never felt comfortable at this resort. We've stayed at many resorts and this one shouldn't be called a resort. We felt as welcomed as we would at a Motel 6.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"private resort with magical scenery"
The most lovely resort we ever visited. Very private and the grounds and facilities were exceptional. The scenery was magical. Would definately revisit.
2 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
Deborah
"Wonderful"
Beautiful condo with full kitchen, loved the adult pool, beach and sand were an unexpected surprise. Grounds were gorgeous and well maintained.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Very poor Internet access"
The main problem was internet. I was counting on this to get my work done. They advertised it But it was not working for 2/3 days and when they finally said it was fixed it was very substandard and so slow that it was non-existant. Nearby McDonald's had better access where I spent most of the time to my work done. They must have subscribed to some very cheap vendor. They should give a rebate on the hotel charges as this is false advertising. I lost business because of this and was quite upset and told them so. They were polite but did nothing I will NEVER go there unless I was not looking for access to the world thru internet. Very disappointed
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
C
"ok not outstanding"
breakfast is bad, service is not warm.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
YINGHUI
"Tranquility Now"
Tranquility Bay is on the bayside, not Oceanside, therefore the beach area is not pleasant for swimming. The exterior and grounds were beautiful! The king room was only okay. For example, there was a closet but it housed the HVAC unit so the only place to hang clothing was on 4 pegs beside the door and one hook on the bathroom door. The duct for the ac was about 6 sq inches so you can imagine how loud it was over the bed. Bring earplugs. The lighting in the bathroom was quite dim although there was a makeup mirror. The room had a mini fridge and microwave in the dresser, both too small for usefulness. There was a sign at the garden pool you could not have food or drink, not even a plastic cup of water? Overall, it looks good but the details of comfort were lacking, perhaps the larger rooms are more suitable for guests.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Great place to stay!!! Clean, spacious and it was everything it advertised and more!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Very peaceful and relaxing"
The pools were very nice, gym was good enough for basic working out. It was located VERY conveniently to bike rentals/restaurants/stores as well as less than a mile to 7 mile bridge which was great to walk/run/bike. I did NOT like that they expected you to 'reuse' your beach/pool towel...this is ridiculous. They are wet, sandy, chlorine....I have no issue reusing my bath towel but to expect you to hang and re-use beach/pool towels is silly. It is a VERY basic resort that met all of our needs for a reasonable cost.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014