All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America

Great pool
"Volleyball Tournament"
It was comfortable. Nice atmosphere
1 night trip Jan 30, 2016
Breakfast was good, everything was good, except the room air was very dry and I smelt chlorine (from the bedding) quite strongly. When I got home, my nightgown smelt like that.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
The hotel was good overall though we were disappointed by the advertised free hot breakfast. The hot items consisted of only corned beef hash and a fried egg, and the bagels were moldy.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
The windows could us some sound proofing.
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
Theresa
"College visit and Chicago weekend"
We picked this hotel because it was halfway between NIU and Chicago and was an easy drive either way. The staff was so very nice, and the desk manager remembered us from check in and asked how our son's soccer camp was when we checked out 2 days later. The room was very clean and comfortable, no problems there. The pool is very small, and I would like a bit more water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was good and was actually different the 2 mornings we were there. Would definitely go back.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Great place!"
This was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
Clean, modern, and nice sized rooms. Staf was friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
nice
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
michael
"Great place to stay!"
Booked this room for a friend's wedding. The hotel was very clean, the room was very clean and comfortable (loved the king size bed!). I highly recommend this hotel!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Darlene
"Great value"
Great place to stay for the cost.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Sherrie
"Overnighter"
I thought the pictures of the facilities might have been outdated or of a different hotel, surely they were not of a Comfort Inn. When I arrived, the lobby was just like the pictures on Expedia. Lobby was welcoming, very homey, there were even fresh, chewy cookies at the reception desk. The attendant was very friendly. My room was very nice. It was very clean, didn't smell and had 4 pillows on each bed (2 soft, 2 firm). Room certainly had enough electrical outlets to charge whatever devices you have. Bathroom looked like it was newly remodeled with granite countertops and bathtub/shower walls. Very nice! Lots of fresh towels and complimentary shampoo, condtioner, etc. on the counter. There was even a ice machine on each floor.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Keith
Good hotel. Clean. Pool and hottub were nice. Bathroom door wouldn't lock.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Mohammed
"Not what we had reserved"
Had indicated we needed handicapped accessibility when we made the reservation through your website, but when we got to the hotel they had no rooms of this type available and we had to make due with a regular room.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Hugh
"Excellent location near restaurants and interstate"
We were in town for a wedding celebration with out of town family.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good hotel for the money."
Nice rooms, indoor pool and hot tub, breakfast was pretty decent too.
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Chad
"very accommodating"
The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would recommend staying here and when I return to the Chicago area I will enjoy a stay again.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great place for an overnight"
We ended up here by "accident" after storms cancelled flights at O'Hare and airport hotels were already booked. Staff took great care of us and the other travellers who ended up arriving late that night.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"Noisy"
I stayed in room 215 and it was very noisy. I could hear people coming into the lobby at all hours and I could hear people on the outdoor patio of the restaurant next door. The description of the Hotel said it had a restaurant and bar in the Hotel. There was no bar and the restaurant was for breakfast. You had to walk next door to get to a restaurant/bar. If it would have been winter I would have moved to another hotel. I feel the description was very deceiving.
2 night business trip May 27, 2015
John R
"my exsperience"
Hotels.com lied to get me there saying there was a bar in the hotel when I got there there was a bar next door the doors lock at 10 pm which was aggravating also cleaning staff woke me up 3 times knocking on my door
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"great stay"
I had a pe convention in elgin and my family went to swim in the pool.the water was a bit cold but over all a great stay
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2015
Simona
"The lobby looks good but thats all they got."
This was quite possibly the worst hotel experience I've had and I stay in hotels every weekend. The first night the upper left corner of my bed callapsed so I slept with my head downhill all night. They gave us a new room in the morning. We worked all day the next day and when we returned my buddy used the bathroom. When he flushed the toilet tank didn't just leak, it ran like a faucet all over the ground.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
JAYCEE
Checked in late, but someone was waiting at the front desk
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Very spacious room with modern amenities. Wi-fi was easy to use and the compimentary breakfast had a lot of variety.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Ryan
"GREAT HOTEL!!!!"
It was excellent!! I loved the rooms, very nice clean and up to date. The pool for the kids was incredible they really had a blast and I would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was really good too. Some people complain about it but honestly it was delicious and the kitchen staff was always on top of re stocking all the items.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Noraly
"High ceilings"
We were pleased at the size of the room with high ceilings and spacious bath. The towels were very large and soft. Beds were soft the way I like them!
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Lysa
"Awesome"
the hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The exercise equipment was clean and well maintained. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Solid hotel choice"
nice hotel. very comfortable. only dislike I have - the curtains don't cover the windows well, so lots of light comes in when the sun comes up. i stay here at least 3-5 times a year for business trips.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Clean & comfy"
Due to plumbing issues in our house, we had the task of finding a close to home hotel that would fit 5 to a room during a blizzard. We got a great rate for Comfort Suites in Elgin. The suite was spacious & clean. The pool/hot tub are helped us relax and the kids enjoyed it too. The beds were comfy and we all got a good nights sleep. We were impressed with the free breakfast, there were enough options to satisfy any picky appetite.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Got stuck in the Chicago blizzard over the weekend and had to schedule an unexpected stay. The hotel was very accommodating, even offering late check out for no extra charge due to the weather. The girl at the front desk could not have been nicer. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"wonderful room"
Very comfortable bed and convenient with fridge and microwave.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
the shower spicket was broken, which cost me to be late for work, those are crucial things that need to be fixed and should have been reported by either the cleaning staff, maintenance or somebody, these are the type of things that could ruin somebodys stay in a matter of minutes. for that I was very upset and it kind of ruined it for me otherwise it would have been fine. I I addressed the problem at the front desk before I left and requested some type of credit or restitution, this should be handled by either the hotel management or Expedia but somebody owes me a credit for this inconvenience.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Best hotel bed and pillows"
Excellent!! One of the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on !!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Clean but "Damp""
This was the first hotel to come up on the Expedia App when we searched Chicago. The reviews were good and it was supposedly convenient location relative to Chicago. The hotel did seem clean, but once we arrived in our room we realized that the carpets and bed linens felt damp. Our entire room felt damp, it was kind of icky the whole time to feel slightly damp. The hotel is 60 minutes from Chicago, so if you are looking to go into the city I would recommend finding a closer location like the North Suburbs or even Schaumburg. The staff was extremely pleasant and friendly. The continental breakfast was a great value, but I swear there was dish soap residue in the coffee which seemed too bubbly to be normal.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Comfortable rooms with a great breakfast!"
We have stayed at this Elgin hotel several times when we visit family. We like the large rooms, large bathrooms and generous hot breakfast. There is a mini fridge and microwave in each room, too! Great to store and heat up Gino's East pizza!
Ray
"Some good, some bad"
The good - friendly staff, good price, good breakfast for the price, pool was clean. The bad - A/C condensation leaked all over the floor. We told the staff 2 separate days, nothing was ever done. Also, the entire hotel is non-smoking, but somebody was smoking on our floor and stinking up the whole place. We told staff, but again nothing was done and the same thing happened again on the 2nd day of our stay.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Arrived late evening after long car ride and left early next day. A huge improvement over the room prior nights on the trip elsewhere we had to take due to a central reservation service for event we were attending. Staff capable and helpful on check in and check out. A great choice for 2 adults and 2 teens to have a room with two beds plus sofa bed and a large sized room for a reasonable price. Facilities condition and upkeep, cleanliness, and comfort of beds all very positive at this property. Location convenient to I-90 and just outside the high-traffic zone for the Chicago metro, and several dining options all in walking distance. The hotel breakfast too was very good. A totally positive experience and the price on Expedia very fair for what you get.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Greg
This hotel is a great value for business travelers.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
The security lock inside the room was broke. Water presure was terrible. The room was clean and the staff was inviting.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Elgin Comfort Suites"
Nice hotel. clean nice staff. great location. good price.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Comfortable stay at Comfort Suites"
Nice room, clean, and very accommodating staff - desk person went out of her way to find us a luggage cart. Hot breakfast food was OK but not great. Nice selection of food. Pool and hot tub was nice. Very convenient to Starbucks and other restaurants, gas station. Great location to get on 90 (tollroad) to travel east and west and off of Randall Road to travel north and south.
6 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
"Hotel was OK, not great"
The best thing I can say about this hotel is that the room was clean and comfortable. The free public WIFI seems to block access to Netflix and many other streaming sites. The breakfast was not good at all - sausage and eggs were rubbery, biscuits were dry and crumbly, apples were soft and mushy, only 1 waffle iron for all the guests. The pool is one of the smallest I have ever seen.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2013
Great place to stay at a reasonable rate.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Excellent facility for a weekend stay!"
the hotel was great - really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and found the site was close to the areas in Elgin we wanted to viist. Super access to the interstate highway made going into Chicago area an absolute breeze. We'll definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"good hotel"
It was a good hotel, nothing fancy but nice and clean. Breakfast was just ok, nothing special.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2013
hm
"A Nice Stay for a Reasonable Price"
I selected the room with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa, as there were three of us girls in town for a long weekend. It was pretty spacious room and it was nice to have the mini-fridge and microwave. We didn't end up using the sleeper sofa so I can't comment on it's comfort. The location was safe and quiet and I wouldn't be worried about being a female alone at night. The staff was very friendly and answered the questions I had. The breakfast was more than ample for a free breakfast, and they had different special items each morning (french toast, gravy and biscuits, etc). We were the only ones in the pool/hottub on a Saturday afternoon and it was about as clean as any I've seen. We were only a few minutes drive away from the Metra station and we used that one day, but be aware that it takes over 1.5 hours to get to Union Station as Elgin/Big Timber is the LAST stop on the line.
3 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
Britney
"Nice location and clean hotel"
We were visiting family for the weekend. the hotel was quiet,clean,and rooms are spacious. The continental breakfast looked like a good selection and the sitting area was comfortable,although we went to a nearby restaurant called burnt toast for breakfast with family. The location is right on top of gas station, starbucks, panera, and about 10 other eateries so it's good to walk to dinner etc.
5 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
"NIce for the price."
We were looking to stay in my college town...to see how things had changed over the years. We were already on our vacation, and had limited access to booking. Check in was a breeze. Kids walked into the room and said "finally...a good hotel!" Breakfast and evening meal were not as nice as the Drury Hotels, but still nice to have warm protein. Hotel staff was wonderful at helping us find a resturant that we wanted. Only problem, no free wifi, which disappointed the kids.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Eagle Alumni
"Solid, clean hotel."
We stayed for one night on our way from Minneapolis to Detroit. The hotel completely met our needs
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Great place to stay.
Business trip May 27, 2013
"Very clean, and very friendly staff"
I loved the hotel, stayed here before. It's very clean, very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. We did have a bad experience with some other guests being very rude, loud and obnoxious., slamming doors, knocking on the doors at 2 and 3 in the morning. The Hotel manger went up and spoke with the other visitors immediately after I called him. As soon as he left, the people came back and started doing it again. Also the same group of people came down in the morning and kept eating all the breakfast that the staff would put out. The staff in my opinion did a great job of trying to deal with the people, they were very rude people. Otherwise I liked the hotel. Just a bad stay, no sleep, no breakfast.
1 night trip May 4, 2013