All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America

2 night trip Dec 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Suites Elgin

"Family Wedding"
06/30/15 Drinker53
We stayed at this hotel as it was near a wedding reception we were attending. They had a shuttle from the reception to the hotel. We couldn't believe how big the room was. It had a sitting area, small kitchen and sleeping area. Was very clean and quiet. It also had a nice breakfast the next day. Would recommend.
"Nice Place for a business trip"
06/04/15 Terry H Dalton, Georgia
I am a little late getting this in, but was there a few months ago for a business trip. The rooms were large and roomy. Staff was very friendly. Prices very reasonable. The location was also well within a few moments of everywhere I wanted to be. I would most certainly stay there again.
"Friendly, comfortable place to stay"
05/27/15 David D Seaview, Washington
My wife and I had had a terrible trip up to this point - the transportation was 5 hours late, then it took another hour to get our luggage, then another hour after that to get a rental car. Then we arrived at the Comfort suites. Never have I been so happy to see a comfortable bed in my life.
"Helpful staff"
04/27/15 JGTripper Napa, California
This hotel is in the middle of a business park. There are several restaurants nearby, serving a variety of foods (pub food, pizza, pastries, sandwiches, breakfast). The accommodations were typical of Comfort Suites nationwide. Spacious rooms with a couch, refrigerator, microwave. The room and bathroom were spotless. When I checked in, the phone in my room didn't work. The desk clerk came up to check it within a half hour. She was unable to fix it, and promised that it would be taken care of the next morning. Sure enough, by the time I came back to the room after a walk and breakfast, it was working. The breakfast was also typical Comfort Suites, and each day, with standard cold items (fruit, yogurt, cereals, small pastries). There were standard hot items (bagels and bread to toast and waffles). In addition, the hot dish varied from day to day (scrambled eggs and potatoes or biscuits and gravy or egg patties for a breakfast sandwich)
"Delightful surprise"
04/13/15 TracyVanB Saskatoon, Canada
Was driving cross country and randomly picked this hotel. The night staff that checked me in was very sweet. Walking in to my room was a total shock, as I was thrilled to find that there was a fridge, microwave and sitting area. The room was very clean. Breakfast was complimentary, but a little disappointing. The egg patties were over cooked and tasteless, but the waffles were good.
"Very nice stay and great front desk"
03/30/15 cletusjones eastern pa
Stayed here for corp business , I had a number of phone conversations with David at the frontdesks as I came in from the east coast,h e helped arranged some transportation for me and recommended at good place for breakfast, he was very helpfully making this another good stay Very nice hotel comfy bed close to places to eat, walking distance
"Decent place, good rates."
02/13/15 M H Kihei, Hawaii
We've stayed here two or three times. It is clean and offers a free continental breakfast. It has an indoor pool (although super humid in that room), and is close to 5 or 6 restaurants so you can walk. The staff is hit or miss. The rooms have always been clean. One of our stays had the air conditioning leaking on to the floor creating a pretty humid environment in our room. We told the front desk about it each time we passed by but the unit continued to leak. This hotel suited our purposes though, within walking distance of what we needed, reasonably priced, clean and had a pool for the kids.
"Comfort Suites Elgin, Illinois"
02/09/15 SHANNON C Champaign, Illinois
Our family traveled to Elgin the weekend of 2/7/15 and decided to stay at this particular motel because it was in close proximity to family and friends and also because it had a swimming pool and also a hot tub. I was pleasantly surprised at how much the area surrounding Randall Road had had grown. It has been close to 30 years since the last time that I had been in that particular area and I was really impressed. There was a gas station on the corner that had a Jimmy Johns sandwich shop inside, a Starbucks and adjoining Panera Bread store along with a few other restaurants and shopping places within walking distance. Upon arriving I found the exterior to be a nice looking hotel with well a kept parking lot and surrounding grounds. The receptionist was very cheery and up beat and the interior was very clean and fresh smelling. Our room was clean and spacious and featured a newer microwave, mini fridge work desk and a flat screen television. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and they featured pillows that were a mix of soft and also firm which we really liked. The breakfasts were outstanding with many hot or cold breakfast items, with a cook on site. Even though we had a youth hockey team that stayed on the same floor they were very quiet and respectful and we had a nice peaceful stay. I would recommend this particular location to all travelers
"Excellent stay!"
02/06/15 FamilyGuyFromIndy Indianapolis, IN
This hotel was just a great place to stay. Quiet, clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was helpful, polite and courteous. The room was very clean and updated. The beds were comfortable and the sheets smelled like they were fresh and just came out of the dryer with fabric softener sheets. The morning breakfast was very good with a little waffle bar, eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, yogurts, etc. Overall, just a great and comfortable experience. If/when I'm back in Elgin, I will stay at this hotel.
"very good stay"
01/31/15 TravelinTays Iowa
Our stay here was excellent; the room was very clean, large and modern. It was great having a suite with the fridge and microwave as well as the couch and space to spread out. We enjoyed the hot tub after a long day's drive and the temperature in it was perfect. The shower was also good with a large supply of hot water and good water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and we got a good night's rest. The hotel location is close to I-90 (but not near any noise) which makes it convenient for getting off and on the interstate. Breakfast the next morning offered a lot of choices. We will definitely stay here again on our way through Chicago - in addition to the location and the cleanliness and newness of the hotel, the price was excellent for what we got. We highly recommend it.