All hotels in Stowe, Vermont, United States of America
123 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT, 05672, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"not so golden."
Room dirty when we opened door to our hotel room...waited an hr to have it cleaned only to find hair on the toliet, in the tub and on the sheets. No accomidations were made for me and the other two guests on the trip. We called hotels.com due to the lack of concern from golden eagle staff and hotels.com moved us to another hotel for the weekend without hesitation and was kind enough to waive the cancellation fee.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Nice place good bar"
Wait staff treats you like family. They are extremely friendly and kind. Room was perfect for a quick one night stay but I could see spending more time there.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
nick
"Frozen Nightmare"
A friend and me checked in and the woman who was at the counter instantly changed our room from the main hotel to their secondary building. I guess she did not like the looks of us. When we got in the room it was less than 60 degrees inside. We turned the heat on and left to go to dinner. When we got back it was the same temp. The hotel said that the boiler broke. You would think that they would move you or something but no. This also ment no hot water. So after waking up like a Popsicle and getting stuck paying the bill I'm sorry to say that I won't ever be back.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
upon our arrival at 730pm, there was a delay in the preparation of our room. the hotel did offer a complimentary beverage, which was more than sufficient, however, after delivering our key to us, they gave us the wrong room key, at which point, we entered a room that was already occupied. which obviously, was very disappointing, for both parties.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Worst roome I have ever stayed in"
Stayed one night after flying into the Morrisville Airport. The room was old and dated. There were mouse droppings on the radiators. The tub was disgustingly dirty and stained. The TV remote wouldn't work. There were hairs on my pillows. Not enough light and when I walked into the room neither light switch worked. I had to use a flashlight to find a working lamp. Bathroom walls were covered with patched unpainted holes in the sheetrock. Not much more to say except stay away!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Pilot
"Comfy night scores hard!"
Comfy room in the former creamery building after a day of skiing. 94% deep REM sleep over 7-1/2 hours even with the temp at -16° outside.
Response by The Stowe Inn
Thank you so much for choosing The Stowe Inn as your Inn of choice while you were in the Stowe area. It was our pleasure to host you for your stay. We are so very pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was and will be our pleasure to open our doors to you again in the future.
1 night trip Feb 25, 2015
RobertD
"Run down"
Review is for 2nd motel-style building, which is very run down, not being properly maintained. No parking for rear rooms. Main building may be ok.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Overnight to ski Stowe"
Less expensive than other places. Fixtures getting old and worn, but everything clean. Towels and sheets bleached. I stayed in a Queen room in the inn. The in wall heater was noisy and needed to run on and off all night because it was so cold that night making it harder to get a restful sleep. Close to Main Street and walkable to restaurants.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Stowe skier
"inexpensive inn"
Nice inn, they upgraded us to a bigger suite which was nice. Our room did not have a phone which was strange and the staff told us to send our kids down if we needed anything...... Don't know if she was joking but no phone was replaced. We did have our cell phones and we were on the second floor.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice old time feel......"
We stayed for a day of skiing. This was perfect. Nice staff, good knowledge of the area for food etc.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Ken
"Great location in the heart of the village."
Lovely place conveniently located. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and offered great suggestions for food and drink. A perfect location in the village at a great price. We will return.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
T
"Great Staff & Customer Service!"
The staff was extremely kind & helpful! There was a problem with our room when we first arrived & it was addressed quickly by a very courteous staff member who went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. Highly recommend for a good customer service experience.
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"You are better off camping"
There was no heat or hot water, the bed was missing the headboard, lights were missing light bulbs, the tiles in the bathroom were falling off the wall and lying on the floor and there was a bag of trash sitting at our door upon arrival.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Ski Trip"
I stayed to ski two days at Stowe with my son. Beautiful and historic place. Very comfortable and friendly. I felt a part of skiing history.
2 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"Excellent staff"
We were never told what time check-in was by Expedia or by the Inn...after a 4 hour drive all we wanted to do was take a quick nap. We arrived at the inn at 11:30am not a person in sight...we kept calling and stopping in (no answer) finally a few hours later the housekeeper answered the phone and told us to come in (we were in the driveway...she was an amazing person) She told us the room wasn't ready and to come back, check in wasn't till 3pm.... We went and had lunch and came back they had a new printer and a front desk person (also very nice). So check-in was very slow as she tried to figure out how to work the printer to check us in.They ended up upgrading us into the actual inn (we were booked in the carriage house) The Inn is on the older side and needs some updates. The mattress was very uncomfortable. The two lamps on the night stands didn't work ...a mini fridge and microwave would have been nice in the room... But the room was VERY CLEAN and staff was amazing! Location was excellent...with a little work this place could be nice.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Jenn
"Excellent stop off on our way up north!"
Very clean! Friendly staff! We were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. I will definitely be booking the Stowe Inn again next year!
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Waited an hour for someone to show up to check us in. Had a propane heated stove in the room that looked great but did not work. Asked about it and was told it probably worked and I could play around with it and try to get it to work if I wanted to.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"It is what it is"
You get what you pay for. Hotel is located in a central location, close to everything. Rooms could use a refresh, but served its purpose. We did have a plumbing issue during our stay…leak from the unit above. Due to staff shortage (apparently car problems on a beautiful blue bird day at the mountain during ski season), it took a few hours to get relocated. When additional staff arrived we were relocated to another room.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Great hotel but can not control loud guests"
We checked in on a Friday evening. As soon as I got out of the car I was met with friendly young men who took care of the bags and car. Unfortunately another family was also checking in with screaming children who were so happy to be there they started screaming at the top of their lungs and running into the hotel. No one stoped them. Later that evening after dinner around 9 p.m. my husband and I wanted to get a night cap in the lounge. Again, we were met with several screaming children who took over an entire section of the lounge and proceeded to hop on the furniture and create such an unpleasent environment that we left. Where was the hotel staff to ask the parents who did not care to control their unrulely children? No where. The next morning we tried to get breakfeast in the hotel and that was a disaster in management of tables and people. There were pleanty of tables that were not cleared and that created a large back log in seating people. If they had just kept up with clearing, there would not have been a delay is seating. We waited 20 minutes for a table. Once the weekend was over and the crowds left, the hotel was much better. The loud children left and the staff was able to handle the remaining people. We had a much more pleasent visit after Sunday. We stayed until Monday evening.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"Clean & Comfortable"
The staff could not be any more helpful and friendly
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
TJ
"Wrong Room"
We had booked a suite for 5 nights. When we arrived after driving for 14 hours we were told that our sweet wasn't ready, but that we could stay in one of the hotels regular rooms for the night. When we got up to the room, the temperature was 48F! We were exhausted, so we cranked up the heat and passed out under several covers in out clothes. By the morning the temperature was only 60F. The night desk clerk had offered us compensation for not getting our suite. When I spoke with the attendant the next day, she was rude and offered to have the manager call us. We never got a call..... Needless to say we will never be staying at the Stowe Inn again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Carriage House"
Excellent area. The inn itself in the main area might have been good but I was put in the carriage house. Carriage house was outdated, shabby and not very comfortable. Would not stay there again if put in that part of the inn.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
"Great ski inn"
Great in for a ski getaway without breaking the bank
1 night trip Jan 28, 2015
Zachary
"An excellent value"
Nice, clean and spacious room at a very reasonable price in a great location. The staff was very pleasant.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"A good night's sleep"
Simple hotel with everything you need for a restful night's sleep. No frills, but it's well-located.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
Ryan
"Great location but weird hidden fees"
Amazing location with a perfectly comfortable room. Was an extra charge for 2 people to stay in the room which I found to be quite non standard. The service at the front desk was also quite slow but perhaps that's because it was New Years Day.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Not what I expected in Stowe"
I stayed at the Stowe Inn for one night as a quick getaway. I was very disappointed given the description of the Inn and some of the reviews. First, my bathtub was dirty; hairs and grime around the ring. They suggest you call the front desk for concerns about the room but noone ever answered and I called several times. At check in time, there was a sign at the front desk stating the desk was closed. There were folks standing round waiting to get checked in. Also, I walked in several times and there was someone at the desk on their computer and never looked up and greeted me at all. Nothing. I could of been a crazy person coming in and they wouldn't of known. When I went to check out the person ahead of me was given a comment card to fill out regarding their stay. I wasn't offered that, hence that I wanted to make sure that I filled out my comments here. I appreciate it's the busy season, but maybe they should hire more help if that is the issue. I won't stay here again. My favorites were booked and I will schedule earlier next time. I won't stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 29, 2014
"Don't bother"
If I could give it a zero I would. Disinterested staff, filthy room. Smelled like mold. Dirty bathroom with soap scum in the tub and someone else hair in there. Dirty sheets on the pull out sofa. Pillows were flat and uncomfortable. Shingles falling off porch. Some sort of apartment complex in the back with loud tenants. Was told the bar open until 10 closed at 930 and I was rudely told due to no customers Little surprise there
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Enjoyable stay in a Quaint Inn"
Staff was very nice and helpful. Located near downtown Stowe. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices and dining room had a beautiful view. We slept very well. I would be happy to stay there again.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Sandra
"Room was comfortable and clean, made the stay nice"
The room was spic and span when we arrived. The location is great as it's located close to all the popular restaurants.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Good location near downtown and slopes"
Location was excellent but the room was older and cramped but for the price I can't complain. It was walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Main St. Stowe and only a short drive to Stowe Ski Area which was our minimum requirement. I was disappointed in the "included breakfast" which was supposed to start at 7:30am and by 8:15 there was still only bread and yogurt available and no staff around to let us know when or if more food would be coming. We finally left without eating.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Stowe in November an excellent place to enjoy!"
Staff very friendly, had a chose of rooms due to low demand, felt very welcome, Inn is right downtown Stowe, wait staff and bartender were both excellent, truly enjoyed ourselves!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Quaint country inn"
Great little country inn, nothing fancy. Excellent location in heart of Stowe village.
"Fallin Soldiers."
The room was very comfortable, we were able to relax and not think about the city. The staff was very helpful and respectful. Just want to say thanks to Gregg the chef for the wonderful eggs and turkey bacon.
4 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Isaac
"Warm Inn Cold Breakfast"
This is a charming old inn with somewhat less charming but still nice adjacent buildings. Great location near downtown and on a stream. Its weakness is a nondescript days inn style continental breakfast that does not match the warm feel of the property
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Ralph
"The Stowe Inn"
The Inn was fine, nothing terribly fancy but nice. We went in the late Fall. Stowe is no place to go before the ski season as most of the town is closed. The Inn has a restaurant which looked nice, but it was also closed. The free breakfast was minimal but perhaps it is better during the ski season,
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Good on a bugdet"
Super friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean everywhere we looked, but definitely much nicer in the inn proper than in the carriage house.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Excellent customer service"
There was some confusion with my reservation and the front desk could not have been more accomidating. I was very pleased with the service.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
Marykate
Convenient location. Without us requesting it they upgraded room at no additional cost.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Quiet mountain stay"
Stayed in the Queen Deluxe room - Nice place... Solid bar with friendly staff. Yes, they do have Headdy Topper (in cans). Missed the continental breakfast (showed up at 1045), so cant comment on that. Amazing location for walking around stowe - walking trails and "down town" nearby. Bed was a bit stiff/bouncey, central air didnt work well but the space heater picked up the slack.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"My Bad Experience"
Find out if your in the Inn or Carriage house. Carriage house sucks. Didn't see the Inn rooms. Never going back!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Sorbie
"70's throwback"
Room was awful! Draperies mismatched and falling off the windows. noisy. Could hear EVERYTHINHG water running, cars driving by, etc. restaurant was understaffed and service slow. Continental breakfast: food was rationed to avoid waste, no choice or variety. Over priced and not worth it!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
anne
"warn down with bad breakfast"
Breakfast is terrible and tiny (stale pastries and some toast). count this as a bed without breakfast no matter what it says. room was adequate, though quite warn and not very clean (hair all over the sink). was very hot in room and no way to control temperature (controls were broken). Place was worn but in a great location. Room wasn't clean when we arrived around 6pm, hotel owner was at front desk but didn't know anything about the area. Free wifi was nice, but didn't work that well in the carriage house. This is basically a Motel, and so for the price you'll pay, you might as well save some money and stay one.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
"Ok should be better."
Excellent location , few minutes walk to Stowe centre. Our room in the main building was large and clean, if a little characterless for such a historic building. Bathroom was dated with no character. Service on check in was quick and friendly. Continental breakfast was poor choice, no coffee left when we got down, admittedly close to the end of service, but no one from the hotel was around, many tables were covered in plates and leftovers. Hotel is in need of some maintenance, generally, overall it should be much better for a hotel in such a good location. Highly recommend Harrisons restaurant in Stowe centre, really great food and service.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"An average room for an average price"
Not the crown plaza but a nice motel
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
Glen
"Extremely overpriced hotel"
We arrived at 9:00 p.m. and were given a room. When we went to the room the door was wide open, a bag of trash was at the doorway and the room was a mess. We were then given a second room. The bed was stripped and the linens were on the floor and the bathroom, especially the toilet, was dirty. We were then given a third room which had been cleaned. However there was no soap, found the alarm clock was behind the bed, very dusty and did not work. The bathroom wall had a hole and peeling paint. The ceiling in the room had water stains and looked as though it had not been painted in years. The couple in the room next door to us did not have heat (the nights were in the 30s) and others we met at the hotel were also annoyed with the condition of with their rooms. The lights outside the rooms did not work so the parking lot was extremely dark.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Carriage room"
We endedup in the carriage house which was retro and needs updated. It was roomy but not real comfortable.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"One Night Stay"
Staff was really pleasant. Bathroom sink and tub in poor condition. Shoul probably be replaced. Inn is in good location.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"ok for sleeping confused relative to breakfast"
Needed to request toilet paper. Towels not replaced
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Great hotel, almost excellent."
Great hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel is beautiful. My only complaint was with the complementary breakfast as it did not have a lot of items and it was pretty empty. Loved the friendly staff and how pet friendly they were.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014