All hotels in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here460 Main St, Vineyard Haven, MA, 02568, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.8
"Blissfull"
What can I say, except perfect!! More important, the innkeepers could not have been more gracious and hospitable- can't wait to return someday soon.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Iovely hotel the place is wonderful and the owners too.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Best B&B ever!"
The hotel has a great location, only a 15 minute walk to downtown Tisbury. The owners, Lynn and Karl are a wealth of information. They will make sure you have the best time possible while you are on the island. The breakfast is included in the hotel price and is great! We will definitely return soon.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Exceptionally attentive and accommodating staff."
We had a very long and stressful trip to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. We missed our car reservation and needed an alternate way to the Island as well as transportation. Karl stayed up to greet us at our late arrival with a warm welcome and thorough instructions for our most enjoyable experience at his Inn.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Frequent traveler"
Fantastic!!!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Toni

TripAdvisor reviews for Thorncroft Inn

"Expensive"
05/12/15 Jonathan G Lugano
Karl and Lynn are good hosts and Karl is a mine of information about the Island. We stayed in May, which is out of season, and it was definitely expensive compared to similar types of establishment. Some may describe the decor as vintage, Others as past its best. Breakfast was good but not much choice. We were impressed by the cleanliness.
"Low-key but high level of service and hospitality"
05/10/15 ME B Nashville, Tennessee
Had a great weekend - innkeepers were amazing and provided great insight where to go. The homemade breakfast and the service reminded me of being home for the holidays. Next time we go to MV, we will be planning on staying at Thorncroft.
"Absolutely amazing!"
04/18/15 MrandMrsBentley
My husband and I have stayed at many places as a mini getaway, with 3 boys it's much needed;). We have never been so happy with a place we have stayed at. Karl and Lynn are so sweet and extremely helpful. Our room was beautiful and very clean! This will definitely be a yearly tradition for us. We wouldn't have changed a thing and couldn't have been happier!
"Underwhelming experience"
08/22/14 ClareDora West Coast
I recently stayed in the Thorncroft Inn with my husband for two nights. I must admit that given it was high season in Martha's Vineyard, I booked this Inn in a hurry and I did not have as much time to research my accommodation as I normally would. I understood it was a B&B,that it was Victorian by decoration and that it was rather expensive but I decided to wait and see how we got on before I judged it. My first disappointment was related to the fact that I received in advance two invoices indicating that I was staying in two different rooms (1 room each night). I felt that surely this was a mistake. I rang in advance of our stay and was informed that it is the only way they could organise bookings that particular weekend. Upon arrival, we received an even longer description of why we would need to move rooms, and the blame seemed to hinge on the booking.com website not having the correct room layouts advertised. I suggest that Karl and Lynn sort this mess out for future bookings, rather than blame a well established online company's business model. Overall I was underwhelmed. I feel that the Victorian vibe is lost on me as I do not like oldie world style and decoration. Both rooms we stayed in were small and overly cluttered with furniture. Our second night was further affected by numerous small flies that swarmed around the lights. I decided not to complain about it as it was late at night when the flies were at their worst and didn't want to disturb the owners. We paid over $600 for our two night stay and it was not worth it. The breakfast is good, but we could not avail of it on the second occasion due to an early departure. The owners did make us a takeaway breakfast with fresh muffins and I did appreciate this. I probably will travel to Martha's Vineyard again, but intend to stay either in Edgartown or Oak Bluffs where there is much more nightlife than in Vineyard Haven.
"A Perfect Getaway"
07/23/14 Judy G Orleans, Massachusetts, United States
The Thorncroft Inn is a perfect spot for a brief getaway. We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon in June and were greeted by innkeeper Karl, who immediately displayed his wonderful sense of humor. We knew we had picked the right place. We had room number 4 -- a beautifully furnished queen room with a private entrance on the side of the house and an inviting covered porch with two Adirondack chairs, overlooking the beautifully landscaped backyard. Our room was equipped with a plethora of information about Martha's Vineyard, adeptly written by Karl and Lynn. We used their recommendations for a drive up island on an inclement day and for two wonderful walks when one of our bikes had to be repaired. Breakfast was a treat each of the three days we were there. The breakfast burrito was definitely a brunch entree. We loved every bite. Lynn and Karl list the entree of the day and provide alternatives to it, such as scrambled eggs, granola, or oatmeal. All they ask is that you let them know in advance what you would like. They also offer a continental breakfast delivered to your room. We enjoyed going to the dining room and chatting with our hosts, but liked having the option of being alone if we so chose. We plan to return soon for another respite.
"A Great Island Inn, Warm, Attentive Service"
07/16/14 DrBillD14 Irvine, California
My new wife and I spent a lovely weekend on Martha's Vineyard staying at the Thorncroft Inn. Karl and his staff took great care of us, right down to the amazing natural wood fire in the fireplace we enjoyed each night in our room. The inn is a conveniently located close to by not too close to the Vineyard Haven ferry and shops. The short 15 minute walk from town is the perfect way to end and start each day's adventure. The bed was extremely comfortably, the shared balcony picturesque, and the breakfasts (included) elegant and satisfying. A special bonus, Karl's welcome orientation chat helped us tremendously in planning our island activities. His suggestions and insights were dead-on and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Island tip: Decide how much solitude vs. people energy you desire. For those who love the quiet beauty of the sea, the fields, ponds and the birds, setting aside time to visit the far side of the island, ideally for an entire leisurely day, is a must. It is an entirely different MV experience and far from the madding (tourist) crowds of the bigger towns.
"Great hosts"
07/13/14 Dave H Marlborough, United Kingdom
Karl and Lynn are an extraordinarily friendly and knowledgeable couple who went the extra mile to ensure that our short visit to Martha's Vineyard was an enjoyable one, from the home produced guide to the island to individual advice from Karl. He steered us to a lovely local beach, suggested the best eateries and imparted some of his significant knowledge of the island's history. The inn and grounds are very well maintained and convenient for access to Vineyard Haven. Breakfast is interesting, with a set menu every day, but if you don't fancy the breakfast of the day they will produce whatever you fancy. Like a lot of Victorian and Edwardian East Coast properties in the US and Canada the rooms are relatively small and the owners, in creating a Victorian feel, fill the available space with Victoriana and furniture from the era which to my mind takes away too much space that would have otherwise been free for opening suitcases etc! This is my personal view, many guests no doubt prefer the Victorian ambiance.... Tea making in the room would have been nice, and although there were no room fridges there is a fridge and ice machine in the sun room for the use of all guests.
"THE PERFECT BED AND BREAKFAST EXPERIENCE"
07/12/14 Will C Birmingham, Alabama
This more than a hotel. It is a home away from home. We had a Gormet breakfast every day. Our room was beautifully appointed , clean, in a fascinating historic house which is 95'years old. The property is beautifully landscaped and within walking distance to town. Karl and Lynn have been inn keepers for 35 years and should teach a PhD course on inn keeping. They provided maps. directions, written tours, written hikes, and dinner reservations. It is a great bargain on a very expensive island getaway.
"Perfection"
06/17/14 sylvi97 oxford, ma.
My husband and I spent 4 days on Martha's Vineyard at the Thorncroft Inn. I have stayed at many bread and breakfasts in the past... This one was the best!!! It is located, in a very peaceful setting, in Vineyard Haven. The property is beautifully landscaped, and very well kept. Our room,(and the Inn), was beautifully decorated, very comfortable, and immaculate. The breakfasts were outstanding. Not only were they beautifully presented, but also just plain delicious!! Lynn, Karl,, and staff were the best. They were very friendly, accommodating, helpful, and attentive to our needs. If you are looking for a lovely, serene B and B, with a scrumptious breakfast, please stay here. We can't wait to return.
"A true Martha's Vineyard haven"
06/16/14 thefoodieworld Melbourne
The very welcoming proprietors Karl and Lynn achieved a great balance with their guests, providing top tips, cheerfully answering hundreds of questions and a perfect level of interaction. From the amazing breakfasts to very graciously bringing us tea in the evenings to our very comfortable room, this was a treat. Given we visited in early June we were able to see the island (it's very large) at our leisure without battling the height of summer crowds. Karl gave us lots of ideas for walks, meals and coffee as well as the practical information about catching the ferry from the mainland. The home is lovely, very olde worlde, and it's a great spot to get away from the big cities on America's east coast.