All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here370 Ocean Drive, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

1.9
    2.3
    1.8
    1.7
    2.2
"An Old Worn Out Place"
This place is barely clean - if you can call it 'clean'. I checked for bedbugs and cockroaches - thank God - I found none. But the palce gave me the creeps. Indoor-outdoor carpeting, no kleenex, no washcloths, and they probably do their own laundry since the sheets were thin and unironed (wrinkled). I checked for any evidence that they might be re-using sheets, but didn't find any hairs (not my own) before I crawled in. If the place that I had made my reservation hadn't cancelled me at the last minute - I WOULD NOT HAVE STAYED HERE!
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Do not stay here!"
This is basically a vagrant flop house! I was so concerned about the comfort and safety of my wife that we left that evening and did not stay.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
"Manager/Owner is Horrible"
The Manager/Owner was very demeaning to her staff along with how she treated her guests. She cursed at her staff and yelled at us for coming down to the office too many times with issues with our room. I'm very surprised this Motel is still in business with the lack of customer service and being poorly managed. One of the bed frames were broken and she was angry that we asked for it to be fixed....several times!!! The Manager argued with us when we weren't given a room with 2 queen beds as we reserved. I would NEVER go back to this Motel or suggest anyone stay there. Highly overpriced even at what we paid......HORRIBLE Manager!!! I feel very sorry for her staff for how poorly they are treated!
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"You get what you pay for...it was as expected."
Exactly what I expected for the price. Beds were very hard.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"1 mile to boardwalk"
Hotel.com
1 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Claude
"Terrible service!!"
Arrived late upon arrival and got yelled at by the two elder Indian women at the front desk. If I didn't pre pay for my room I would have gladly left. I don't recommend this filthy hotel, sheets were completely filthy and no soap or maintenance.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"Last option"
Would not recommend unless last option. Room had dingy and musty smell. It was old and run down.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
vincent
"ok for a budget"
nice front desk with somewhat updated room. good if you are on a tight budget
2 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"accessible"
good place friendly which there was a place to hang clothes
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Not worth it!!!!!"
Hotel was good price but definitely not worth it. It was in a bad area and very disguesting. There was an old used bandaid over the bathroom door, the rooms are too small, and our toilet didn't work well.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
Anna
"Horrible"
I will never stay there again. There was mold in the bathroom. The window was nailed shut. The springs in the mattress poked me in the back all night. Very rude owners. Never again!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Kelley
"Hotel Hell"
Dirty conditions inside and out. From the street this hotel looks like a decent hotel, but don't be fooled! The beds are old and poor quality, the towels are disgusting and although they smell clean they are very worn and terribly stained, more suitable for car washing than for bathing! No coffee makers and no complimentary coffee. The outer garbage cans looked like someone had vomited in them, filthy walkways and an obvious disconcern for the representation of any part of this hotel.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Very dirty and loud"
Had a horrible night here , didn't sleep at all ...
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Once nice hotel that needs serous attention."
I used to stay at this same motel on frequent trips to Santa Cruz about 20 years ago. It was very nice at that time. But time has not been kind to the old girl. It looks like absolutely nothing has been replaced or updated since that time. The rates are very reasonable, but once you get there, you realize why. It is a good location, sandwiched right between downtown and the Boardwalk area right on the main drag. Some of the people staying there were pretty scary too. Made me nervous about my car. But the parking lot is well lit with good visibility from the rooms and the street. If someone would buy this property and renovate it, it could be a jewel again, but it is far from that now
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
devlore
"Motel Santa Cruz"
I enjoyed it but the surrounding neighborhood isn't too nice
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Carmen
Inexpensive and consistent
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Ivan & Brad
"Really bad value"
I knew the ratings were low but I didn't anticipate how many of the cliches of sub-standard hotels would come true. No towels. No sheets on one of the beds. No elevator. Shower that it took 2 different motel employees / family members in various pajama gear to get started and then fluctuated between icy cold and scalding hot. Homeless / semi-homeless in rooms with weekly rates. Just yuck! Never again.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
SJ
"picture looks better than it is"
bed was just ok. Shower ran out of hot water after about 2 min, room very small, no closet so no where to hang clothes, not close to the beach, no lamps just overhead lighting. This hotel is off our list of ones to go back to
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Marv
"Don't let the photos fool you!"
I would assume that a hotel that costs $130 a night would be at least decent. If I had seen the motel in person, I would have assumed that it would be about half that price. The building was run down, the rooms did not feel remotely secure & I'm shocked I didn't come home with scabies. There were cigarette burns in the sheets & someone's hair was still in the bed. I will not be back.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"A real budget hotel"
Hotel surroundings is not well kept. Our room was close to the stairs going second floor and there was a homeless guy sleeping on the stairs and his bicycle park in front of our room almost blocking our door. Awful experience. Will never go back or recommend
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
marilyn
"Id stay again"
It was a good hotel in a decent location. great price, everything in room worked, had fridge, microwave and AC
3 night trip Sep 17, 2013
"(new review)"
My last review wasn't aloud to be postet because of "personal insult or profanity" but ill keep it simple. This hotel will completely let you down. I left and did not stay the night and you will probably do the same.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2013
joseph
"Sleep in your car!!!"
Upstairs bathroom leaked into my bathroom; window was screwed shut; AC didn't work; mini refrigerator didn't work; bedding was stained with what looked like blood; no continual breakfast or even coffee as advertised; room smelled like smoke, BO and guilt; graffiti on walls; ashes in AC vent; door to outside has pri-marks; ice machine had a charge of $.50; office didn't open till 9am
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
c5white
"close to beach , but too bad hotel"
bad staff , English speaking is too poor, cant talk or ask for any service they only speak Spanish some Indian are working there but no customer service at all , hot water to take medicine is unavailable , their answer was hot water is by 7 elven near to the hotel ??!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"close to all must-see sights"
it was okay. i don't really know because we only stayed for one night.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"location was good"
The location of the hotel was good; but I feel the external lack of cleanliness of the building made the stay not so good.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Kathi
"Feels like a dump but isn't"
The room was clean and comfortable so i cant complain. Walking up the staircase I felt like I was in the projects back home.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Never returning to this hotel."
I would only stay here if I was strap for cash. No more than one night. The smell of marijuana was present at all times of the day. There's no non-smoking rooms on the ground level. The manager was fighting with her employees in front of the customers. Missing toilet paper holder. Complimentary WiFi does not work. The front desk must be deaf because she constantly yells with the top of her lungs. The cleaning guy looks like an ex-con and u must pay for ice......yes you must pay for complementary ice. The place is a good 15 min walk to the boardwalk I would'nt try it with kids.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
Far too expensive for the size and layout of the room. Not even a hanger or closet for a sport coat. I guess it's about location and the fact it was a Fri & Sat.. The shower head is about 4 feet on the wall, one must duck/squat to shower. The water pressure was better suited for riot control, which was fine by me, but hilarious.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
It was horrible! This hotel was so discusting and extremely unsafe that we left and paid $230 for a room we didn't stay in. There was no way we would ever stay there again!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Most Awful Motel Experience"
Rude female night front desk employee who claimed to be the night manager...rooms were disgusting, no towels, smelled like cigarettes even thought it was supposed to be a non smoking room. Ceiling was leaking water at 10pm, called front desk to complain. The female clerk wanted us to leave or she would call the police, AFTER we had already paid for the night on our credit card. We refused to leave since it was a Saturday night and all the motels around us were booked, and we asked her to please call the police so we could show them the condition of the hotel room. That shut her up! Disgusting Human being and disgusting motel... They deserve each other!!!
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
Mary Lou
"Not Horrible"
Considering the price, this hotel wasn't horrible. The room (king bed) was definitely one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever seen. You could hear everything that happened outside. The quality of everything was lacking. Yet, the bed was fairly comfortable, the shower worked fine, the tv got plenty of channels, and everything was clean. One of the cheapest places in Santa Cruz, and as long as you don't plan on spending lots of time in the room, I suppose I would recommend it to other people.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"this was not a good experience."
the non smoking room smelled like smoke, the garbage containers had no liners, the refridgerator was warm....i was terribly disappointed that my kids had to experience that.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
lynn
"Worst hotel ever"
Should have read the reviews. They are true. No towels. Nonsmoking room reeked of smoke. Hotel attendant hung up on me when I asked about laundry facilities. There aren't any. No breakfast either.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
v
"Don't stay here"
We thought this might be ok due to its proximity to the boardwalk but found there was not a direct route anyway. The desk clerk appeared inexperienced and didn't seem to know what she was doing. Garbage overflowed in the parking lot. Unsavory people appeared to be living there on a permanent basis. The room had 2 scratchy, old towels for 3 people. No shampoo and only a tiny bar of soap. The blankets had cigarette burns in them. The hallway outside our room had cigarette butts and garbage. Sirens and excess noise kept me up all night. We had a 3 day reservation but left after one night. Don't stay here. It's overpriced for what you get; dirty; unsafe and the employees are not helpful.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"Stink."
no shampoo,,no blowdryer,..water slow draineng in the bathtub,,not recomendable at all...not wort for 100 dollar,...
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
ellen
"Just don't stay here"
Room was awful in general, cramped sheets with holes, no towels (we complained and they did move our room, but I'm sure most people get stuck) No breakfast, which was advertised broken appliances Online photos are photoshopped
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"For all Expedia fans to read!"
This place should not be advertised on Expedia. I cannot believe this place has a license to do business in CA. City inspectors should visit and close this place down. Although advertised on Expedia, complementary breakfast was not included! I have booked a non-smoking room and was given a smoking room with non-smoking sign on the door. Bed sheets had cigarette burns. Found hair on one of the towels. Toilet seat was wet... Staff was extremely rude! When inquired about breakfast was directed to go to a 7-11 across the street. ...and these people now have a copy of my DL. That should not be allowed!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Dirty run down hotel"
Room was dirty. No towel racks, no toilet paper holder, no end tables or clock, cigarette burns in blankets, stains and hair in blankets and sheets, floors dirty, and hair in bathtub.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Last minute"
Last minute trip to Santa Cruz and went to Expedia and found this. Afforadble, great hotel staff. They actually have smoking rooms which was a plus. Def will be back next time I go to Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Tai
"Unhappy"
Would have rather slept in my vehicle. Nice room, bad surroundings and people living in the motel were dealing drugs outside. Sketchy.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2013
Samantha
"Horrible"
Staff traid but not to hard no WiFi or it wasnot working, it got bad when other gest start to panhandel and threaten you .
2 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"Don't expect much"
You get what you pay for!
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2013
JB
"Run down and dirty"
While the desk staff were nice, this hotel is quite run down. There was garbage on the steps and garbage cans were over flowing. Our room was ok if one did not look to closely ~ my 7 yr old asked why there were small holes in the blankets. Even if the room was non smoking, they had put blankets from smoking rooms in it. The little couch in the room was very dirty. I had to go down to front desk to get towels. I will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
natmont
"Rude, horrible DON'T GO HERE they walked in my rm"
Without knocking, while I was sleeping, telling me he is going to call the cops and it was only 12! They had my credit card on file! I had already told them I was going to stay. I have never been so horrified. Arguing and bullying. I will NEVER return to this hotel. Bad customer service hopefully I'll get a refund. Totally ridiculous and unnecessary. Many better hotels near by.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013
M
"NO FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST OR WI-FI!"
I was amazed to wake up and find that my car was still there. My concerns stemmed from the quality of patrons who leave their doors open as they engage in questionable behavior. The hotel advertised free continental breakfast and when I asked the attendant, she laughed at me and said I was lucky to have a bed.The Wi-fi service had poor reception and I was only able to stay logged in for 2 minutes! I kept trying but gave up after an hour.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Nala
"Worst night's sleep in memory"
Beer cans & cigarette butts on stairs. Road noise and noisy guests. Broken face plate on electrical outlet. 1 hand towel (0 bath towels) in room. No place to hang clothes except shower curtain rod. Office didn't have reservation on hand when I arrived.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
The room was barely clean. They didnt provide clean towels, they went through our belongings, the floors were dirty, rude customer service,
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Felicia
""ok" motel in BEAUTIFUL Santa Cruz"
First of all, the address on Expedia is not quite correct so it was QUITE difficult to find. The rooms were in an okay condition, just everything is not really nice since there are really creepy guests that would scare you a little. The woman at the reception screamed at a guy while we were waiting to get our keys. I wouldn't recommend it but maybe it is a cheap version for Santa Cruz which is an awesome city!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Far from beach but walkable"
Tiny room, no closet not even a hook for clothes. Terrible mattress with depression in middle. Telephone and TV not working. No washcloths only two small towels. No bath mat. One tiny soap for bath and sink. No amenities like shampoo etc. refrigerator didn't work. Room not made up until late late afternoon and no new towels. Something bit me on the neck in the night! Loud conversation with foul language outside door until 3am. Dreadful experience.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013