All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
1802 N Ocean BlvdMyrtle BeachSC29577-3218United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
    Bad breakfast
"The worst hotel!!!"
First and foremost the reviews that are left are accurate and true. This is the worst Hotel ever what a nightmare. Don't be fool by the pictures this is deceiving. I had to fight with ROACHES, carpet filthy, mold, elevator would close on you, elevator smell,and pool area nasty and roaches in the pool water. Maid serve never vacuum the carpet on the eight floor. A dead dragon fly laid there all weekend after we killed it. I could keep going.... Not worth it!!! You get what you pay for my loss.
"Bate & Switch Booking"
Very Bad Experience. We received none of the accommodations we asked for. 1.) We were to have an Oceanfront room and was booked into a Side View Room. 2.) We were to be no higher than the 4th floor and was booked on the 8th floor. My wife is extremely scared of heights so she was not even able to go close to the patio. The agent told me that we infact would be on the first floor and this was a lie as well. 3.) I asked for a kitchen with a stove and only had a microwave and a tiny fridge. We took $168.00 in groceries that we wasted because we could not cook. 4.)I took my playstation to watch the football game on Saturday and play games that night, but the tv was so old that we could not even hook up to it. 5.) We were to be provided with a stowaway bed and was told that we could not get that extra bed due to hotel rules, but it is an option that I picked out on the hotel website. 6.) In the end our time and money was completely wasted with absolutely no compensation from the hotel or travel agency.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Jerry
"Never use the phone to book or trust what they te!"
First found hotel $20 cheaper per night but called number to on hotels.com listed to ask a question and was told I needed to book with him because he was looking online and the discount rooms had just been taken only to find out after paying a higher fee there was still 5 rooms left and could not get a refund. Then the ac leaked from above on our balcony so had to stay inside and had large alien looking roaches. Only 1 elevator and the jacuzzi was a joke and ended up hiking down the road to breakers every day to enjoy a nice hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Jonathan
"Okay stay"
This was a last minute trip. Hotel wasn't bad but could have minor improvements to make it much better. Paid for ocean front. Stayed on the 2nd floor and most of view was blocked by palm tree. Bed coverings were outdated and sheets were old. Several roaches in the room which is to be expected at the beach, don't mind seeing one but not more than that. Shower stall was great, actually the best I've seen. Tub needed slip strips. Staff was great and very courteous. Even called to tell us when the room was ready. Parking was TERRIBLE! We had to park 3 blocks away. All set aside, I would stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Vèry out dated"
Terrible. Very loud all hours of the night . Check in told.over an hour and half.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Not coming back.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
Maria
"Miserable in Myrtle"
We thought from the appearance of the outside of the place from a recent trip that it might be a good place to stay but the front of the buildings versus the inside and pool areas are different than night and day, granted we were stuck in the middle building which apparently is older than the outside buildings. The wi fi is horrible and there were palmetto bugs the size of a big cigarette lighter which is the same as a roach bug. Don't plan on ever staying there again. The older gentleman at check in not a bit friendly but housekeeping staff were the best part of the stay,that and the location.
3 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Bad stay"
The room stunk...there was stains on the sheets and comforters...railing of balcony was lose...was offered another room but had an odor as well.
"Great hotel overall!"
It was great just the room had a funky smell!
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Take Bug Spray for the rooms"
Great location on the beach and easy walk to attractions on the strip. However, there were roaches in my room and the staff laughed when I told them. The front desk staff was rude, but it served the purpose and that was to spend time with my daughters at the beach.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Roaches, Rust, and Mold Oh My!"
Carpet was molded, fridge and stovery were rusted, roaches were terribly bad, and I could smell the sheets were dirty! I'm upset money was spent on this room!
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Dianna
"Like location But not the roaches"
The location was great the the staff was rude, and the rooms were not that clean, roaches in the kitchen The room had funny smell The only good location
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Affordable hotel next to the beach"
The room was affordable and spacious. Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping up with our room and towels. The staff was nice and accommodating. The parking situation was surprisingly not a hassle, given it was a holiday weekend. My only complaints are that the beds were not that comfortable, and the wifi was not working. Other than that, it was a good experience, and I would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Will not stay there again"
Our room thermastat did not work on arrival, we were told that there was no one on duty to fix it. Room was 60 degrees. Showers could not be set, water was scalding hot or ice cold. Maid told us they had to watch or homeless would sneak in and use empty rooms. This was after my wife went back to the room and found that the maid had been in and left and left our door open. Will not stay there again.
6 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Please knock this resort down!!"
The staff here is awesome!! Very nice and helpful people but it's the only good thing about about this place. Otherwise this resort has no upgrades!! Mattresse has springs uncomfortable! The toilet seat was yellow need to be changed. Mirror in the bathroom was rusted!! (Room 627) This place a horrible smell. Need new carpet in hallways carpet is torn and ripped! Please knock this resort down if you not gonna upgrades!!!
Jerry
"cheap but noticeably"
Most areas of the hotel seemed very unkept. Sheets and pillows appeared decades old. The laundry room/ice/vending area was very unclean as was the elevator.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
golfer
"Terrible Hotel but close to the beach"
Our rooms were cleaned once in a 6 day stay. Had to clean our bathroom ourselves after toilet overflowed our first night there. The cleaning staff & front desk staff was useless. We saw bugs on the outside of the facility. Our TV played in "reds" and was very old & outdated. Tried getting a refund and was marginally successful. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Poor"
The hotel claims to have free wifi. We were placed in a room on the 6th floor which was small and not as pictured what we reserved. In addition we had gotten groceries and the small refrigerator didn't work. I also attempt to connect to wifi and there wasn't even a connection for the hotel available. The hotel put us in another room on the 2nd floor which was able to pick up wifi and had a working refrigerator. However I personally would not stay here again.
6 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Jack
"Room not confortable. Needs upgrading"
Room has no moving around space. Bathroom very small. Balcóny too small.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
It was okay non-smoking room smelled from cigarettes..... And one day they forgot to give us towels after turn down. But the main desk gave us enough for the week. They have a coffee maker in the room but they do not provide coffee to make in them. The free DVD rental is pretty cool.
"Beach Trip"
Overall we had an okay experience. We found the hotel for a good price, it is definately not the nicest but for the price it was good. We did not use the hotel room for much but sleeping and getting ready to go out (the beds were very comfortable). The room slept 6 people comfortably. Two queen beds and a pull out bed. The hotel did SUCK at room service. The first night there we put the "do not disturb" sign up, but the second and third night we requested to have our rooms to be cleaned and that never happen. I evenutally had to call the front desk 3 times and request someone to come clean our rooms and they still DID NOT COME. We also ran out of toliet paper and we called the front desk to ask to have it brought. They told us we had to come down there to get it?!?! I just thought that was very incosiderate. Then when we did go down to the front desk to pick up toliet and towels they acted like it was an inconvience to them to go and get it for us. But the hotel is in a good location, lots of good food places to eat and real close to Broadway at the Beach (Like a $12 Uber ride).
Jamie
"Good hotel right on the ocean."
There are 3 buildings. If you are not in the main building you have to go out on the balcony to get your wifi connection. The day before we left, we had trouble getting into room with the key card. Despite being reset, the card would not work. I put two cards together and then the door worked. Walking distance to many of the shops and the free shuttle stops right outside the front of the hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Rose
When we checked in our room was not cleaned yet. The manager upgraded us to an even better room. The room was clean and the view was wonderful. Also, the area on the beach where the hotel is located wasn't crowded at all. We had such a great experience, that we will be going back and requesting the same room in the future.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"disappointed"
The room did not meet my standard. bathroom to close to the kitchen.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Reasonable price and peaceful during our stay"
Well the room was o.k. and the bed was comfy. There were brown spots on the box springs. We killed a bug while we were there and when we told the front desk they said that they found a bottle of bug spray and we were welcome to come and get it. We never saw anymore bugs thank God. The day we were leaving the lady at the front desk was super nice. We had to check out by 11:00 am and we had a 3:00 pm check out in another city and she let us park across the street in their other parking lot and she even let us keep a rest room key and allowed us to enjoy the pool so I give her an A+ for customer service and because of that I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
4 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
penny
Overall it was good, we only stayed one night. the mattress was uncomfortable and hard to sleep on. however the room was clean, it is clearly an older hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It was close to the boardwalk and the Sky Wheel. The pool area was adequate.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Patti
"Will do for a beach stay...but..."
OK, so does anyone recall the Hotels.com commercial with the BLUE room and family shaking while the Hotels.com guy says this is a creepy room...well it wasn't that bad but very close. It's a much older hotel and while it was sufficient for our stay I don't know if I'd stay again. The lack of lighting, and power outlets, left me with a creepy feeling. I mean a light blue bathroom with one small fluorescent lightbulb just creeped me out. But the fact that it's right on the beach and I didn't have to stay in the room very much made up for the creepiness. If it's just a trip to the beach you're looking for this hotel will do. Anything more I suggest somewhere else.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Brigette
"Roach Infested!"
Had roaches... enough said!
4 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
marissa
"Roach infested"
Vacation was great hotel was roach infested . Room service sucked. Ended up going to front desk to get new sheets and towels after day 2 of house keeping not coming by.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Close to beach, boardwalk"
It's a great spot if you don't plan to stay in the room much. The free wifi didn't work on 8th fl. Beds were stiff. Half the lamps were dead. And we found 2 cockroaches. And periodically in the middle of the night, during the day, and the very early hours of the morning I swear someone was using a drill in the room above ours. It was very irritating!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"My Sandcastle @ the Pavilion Vacation Stay 8/2015"
Overall, my experience at the Sandcastle @ the Pavilion Resort was bearable. The only issue I had was on a daily basis we had to walk our used towels to the front desk then pick up new ones. The linen wasn't changed the entire time we were there and on our last day before checking out, I saw a linen cart coming down the corridor hallway. We had our bathroom cleaned not every day but once during our entire stay. The room smelled a little stale (thank God for Bath & Body Works Candles I brought along) and the corridor hallway smelled like an ashtray full of cigarette butts uuuggghhh.
Ms. Cee
"will not go again."
very out of date looking. murphy bed worn out with trash and garbage behind headboard when let down. air conditioning freezing in one bedroom and non-existant in other bedroom. overall shabby looking. definitely not worth the money we paid to stay there. even plants around pool and other landscaping terrible. don't know if having money problems, changed hands, or what, but has gone way down hill
"Not so bad"
Only complaints, pool water warm and salty, dirty blood stained comforter, had to ask for clean ones, had a couple of spiders. Extra parking only a block over, not bad. The family had a great time and enjoyedenjoyed being right on the beach, the free movie rentals our entire stay. Overall our trip was not so bad.
mom of 3
"Vacation"
When we checked in we went to our room there was hair all in bathroom floor and the bed was to hard to sleep in my back hurt for the two days we stay
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Ruth
It was close to everything and the room was pretty decent.. There were no problems
4 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Crystal
"Dump"
Floors sticky gross, awful smell, no signs to guide you around location, no elevator access in parking garage, no answer to front desk. Checked out within hour after checking in. Dump
Angie
"I will never stay at that hotel ever again"
Dirty rooms, dirty utilities, substandard pool, staff rude, one must call for housekeeping service dirty pillows No customer service I was glad to go home the worst experience ever the photos were deceiving The ratings were completely wrong I am extremely disappointed with Expedia for the ratings on this hotel
disappointed
The hotel has some age on it but overall it was nice. Good rates and nice views. Parking was a little weird parking deck was two blocks from the hotel, but I guess at the beach that will happen.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Odor in the hallways. Saw roaches in our room. Courteous staff. Great ocean view from our balcony.
5 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Room was not clean.matress smell like urine. Sheet were not change. And people were smoking at the pool. Above us some people throwing fire works at night 2am.call front desk 3 times until that night.we didn't get enough sleep that night.
ayfer April
"Only good thing is proximity to the beach"
The hallways, elevator, floors & rooms were disgusting. The stove was halfway out into the hallway when we walked in. The sheets had hair and dirt on them. The balcony had roaches on it two out of the three days we were there. The staff was not friendly at all. They only had one elevator which never had enough room on it due to the employees using it with carts. The pool had a "grease" film and a layer of hair. We didn't even want to put our feet in. The lazy river was a joke. The fountain in the middle of the lazy river resembled a stagnant pond. The fire dept was there one night due to some idiot below us shooting off fire works off their balcony. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was its location and the proximity to the beach. I would never ever recommend anyone to stay at this disgusting hotel.
Martha
"Never again!"
Sand in bed on arrival, no shower curtain, rusty microwave, small porch
"Ok , not great"
Very old hotel, need update
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Long
The elevator nearly shut on you everytime you entered or exited and broke 3 times during our stay. Room service was non existant as we had to beg for towels. Trash and towels had to be placed in hall or was not taken. Would be nice to have towels at poolside
5 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Sandra
Limited parking, had to ask for toilet paper and clean towels and washcloths one day 3 times and they never brought us wash cloths.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"An Okay Stay."
The room was small. The outside patio was pretty tiny i had to sit sideways so my legs wouldnt hit the railing. The floor above us air conditioning was leaking water all over our patio the whole time so we had to sit in the corners to not get wet.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Jeremy
"Not too bad, great location"
We stayed in the south tower in an oceanfront room with kitchen. Booked mainly for the price. Of course, on the way there, my wife starts reading all the negative reviews about this place (although some were clearly just ridiculous). So we have pretty low expectations going in. When we arrived, we were delightfully surprised. The room was clean and spacious. Kitchen was pretty nice. Full size refrigerator, microwave, small stove/oven. Decor was a little outdated, but I feel like most of the hotels on the beach are. Main complaints: -WiFi is a joke. Do not plan on being able to use it. -Lazy river is tiny (pics are deceiving) -Pool is always overcrowded -Maids come in the morning and if you are still there they do not return later. After 3 days, we finally called one afternoon and they came. -Parking is kind of annoying. Not because you have to park across the street (big deal), but there are 3 different parking locations and the 2 that are close were usually full.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"not happy"
the hotel was ok---alot of bugs in the bathroom. the service was not that great. our room wasn't ready until after 5 pm on the day of arrival. the next day we found a bag of towels on the floor outside our room. sunday at 4:30 pm the room still wasn't cleaned and when I asked the maid for towels she said "you have to call the front desk we don't have any" REALLY a hotel with no towels?
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Virginia
Gave us a room on the ground floor. Have to run air conditioner really cold or the room would smell musty. NO Reciept at check-out since it was booked through Hotel.com. Can you guys email me a receipt???
3 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
kevin
"North Tower of Sandcastle"
For the price I would say its hard to beat.. Centrally located. Good housekeeping..Polite staff!!!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015