All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
1802 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-3218, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary pool
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
    Bad breakfast
"disappointed"
The room did not meet my standard. bathroom to close to the kitchen.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Reasonable price and peaceful during our stay"
Well the room was o.k. and the bed was comfy. There were brown spots on the box springs. We killed a bug while we were there and when we told the front desk they said that they found a bottle of bug spray and we were welcome to come and get it. We never saw anymore bugs thank God. The day we were leaving the lady at the front desk was super nice. We had to check out by 11:00 am and we had a 3:00 pm check out in another city and she let us park across the street in their other parking lot and she even let us keep a rest room key and allowed us to enjoy the pool so I give her an A+ for customer service and because of that I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
4 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
penny
Overall it was good, we only stayed one night. the mattress was uncomfortable and hard to sleep on. however the room was clean, it is clearly an older hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It was close to the boardwalk and the Sky Wheel. The pool area was adequate.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Patti
"Will do for a beach stay...but..."
OK, so does anyone recall the Hotels.com commercial with the BLUE room and family shaking while the Hotels.com guy says this is a creepy room...well it wasn't that bad but very close. It's a much older hotel and while it was sufficient for our stay I don't know if I'd stay again. The lack of lighting, and power outlets, left me with a creepy feeling. I mean a light blue bathroom with one small fluorescent lightbulb just creeped me out. But the fact that it's right on the beach and I didn't have to stay in the room very much made up for the creepiness. If it's just a trip to the beach you're looking for this hotel will do. Anything more I suggest somewhere else.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Brigette
"Roach Infested!"
Had roaches... enough said!
4 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
marissa
"Roach infested"
Vacation was great hotel was roach infested . Room service sucked. Ended up going to front desk to get new sheets and towels after day 2 of house keeping not coming by.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Close to beach, boardwalk"
It's a great spot if you don't plan to stay in the room much. The free wifi didn't work on 8th fl. Beds were stiff. Half the lamps were dead. And we found 2 cockroaches. And periodically in the middle of the night, during the day, and the very early hours of the morning I swear someone was using a drill in the room above ours. It was very irritating!
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"My Sandcastle @ the Pavilion Vacation Stay 8/2015"
Overall, my experience at the Sandcastle @ the Pavilion Resort was bearable. The only issue I had was on a daily basis we had to walk our used towels to the front desk then pick up new ones. The linen wasn't changed the entire time we were there and on our last day before checking out, I saw a linen cart coming down the corridor hallway. We had our bathroom cleaned not every day but once during our entire stay. The room smelled a little stale (thank God for Bath & Body Works Candles I brought along) and the corridor hallway smelled like an ashtray full of cigarette butts uuuggghhh.
Ms. Cee
"will not go again."
very out of date looking. murphy bed worn out with trash and garbage behind headboard when let down. air conditioning freezing in one bedroom and non-existant in other bedroom. overall shabby looking. definitely not worth the money we paid to stay there. even plants around pool and other landscaping terrible. don't know if having money problems, changed hands, or what, but has gone way down hill
"Not so bad"
Only complaints, pool water warm and salty, dirty blood stained comforter, had to ask for clean ones, had a couple of spiders. Extra parking only a block over, not bad. The family had a great time and enjoyedenjoyed being right on the beach, the free movie rentals our entire stay. Overall our trip was not so bad.
mom of 3
"Vacation"
When we checked in we went to our room there was hair all in bathroom floor and the bed was to hard to sleep in my back hurt for the two days we stay
3 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Ruth
It was close to everything and the room was pretty decent.. There were no problems
4 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Crystal
"Dump"
Floors sticky gross, awful smell, no signs to guide you around location, no elevator access in parking garage, no answer to front desk. Checked out within hour after checking in. Dump
Angie
"I will never stay at that hotel ever again"
Dirty rooms, dirty utilities, substandard pool, staff rude, one must call for housekeeping service dirty pillows No customer service I was glad to go home the worst experience ever the photos were deceiving The ratings were completely wrong I am extremely disappointed with Expedia for the ratings on this hotel
disappointed
The hotel has some age on it but overall it was nice. Good rates and nice views. Parking was a little weird parking deck was two blocks from the hotel, but I guess at the beach that will happen.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Odor in the hallways. Saw roaches in our room. Courteous staff. Great ocean view from our balcony.
5 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Room was not clean.matress smell like urine. Sheet were not change. And people were smoking at the pool. Above us some people throwing fire works at night 2am.call front desk 3 times until that night.we didn't get enough sleep that night.
ayfer April
"Only good thing is proximity to the beach"
The hallways, elevator, floors & rooms were disgusting. The stove was halfway out into the hallway when we walked in. The sheets had hair and dirt on them. The balcony had roaches on it two out of the three days we were there. The staff was not friendly at all. They only had one elevator which never had enough room on it due to the employees using it with carts. The pool had a "grease" film and a layer of hair. We didn't even want to put our feet in. The lazy river was a joke. The fountain in the middle of the lazy river resembled a stagnant pond. The fire dept was there one night due to some idiot below us shooting off fire works off their balcony. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was its location and the proximity to the beach. I would never ever recommend anyone to stay at this disgusting hotel.
Martha
"Never again!"
Sand in bed on arrival, no shower curtain, rusty microwave, small porch
"Ok , not great"
Very old hotel, need update
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Long
The elevator nearly shut on you everytime you entered or exited and broke 3 times during our stay. Room service was non existant as we had to beg for towels. Trash and towels had to be placed in hall or was not taken. Would be nice to have towels at poolside
5 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Sandra
Limited parking, had to ask for toilet paper and clean towels and washcloths one day 3 times and they never brought us wash cloths.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"An Okay Stay."
The room was small. The outside patio was pretty tiny i had to sit sideways so my legs wouldnt hit the railing. The floor above us air conditioning was leaking water all over our patio the whole time so we had to sit in the corners to not get wet.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Jeremy
"Not too bad, great location"
We stayed in the south tower in an oceanfront room with kitchen. Booked mainly for the price. Of course, on the way there, my wife starts reading all the negative reviews about this place (although some were clearly just ridiculous). So we have pretty low expectations going in. When we arrived, we were delightfully surprised. The room was clean and spacious. Kitchen was pretty nice. Full size refrigerator, microwave, small stove/oven. Decor was a little outdated, but I feel like most of the hotels on the beach are. Main complaints: -WiFi is a joke. Do not plan on being able to use it. -Lazy river is tiny (pics are deceiving) -Pool is always overcrowded -Maids come in the morning and if you are still there they do not return later. After 3 days, we finally called one afternoon and they came. -Parking is kind of annoying. Not because you have to park across the street (big deal), but there are 3 different parking locations and the 2 that are close were usually full.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"not happy"
the hotel was ok---alot of bugs in the bathroom. the service was not that great. our room wasn't ready until after 5 pm on the day of arrival. the next day we found a bag of towels on the floor outside our room. sunday at 4:30 pm the room still wasn't cleaned and when I asked the maid for towels she said "you have to call the front desk we don't have any" REALLY a hotel with no towels?
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Virginia
Gave us a room on the ground floor. Have to run air conditioner really cold or the room would smell musty. NO Reciept at check-out since it was booked through Hotel.com. Can you guys email me a receipt???
3 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
kevin
"North Tower of Sandcastle"
For the price I would say its hard to beat.. Centrally located. Good housekeeping..Polite staff!!!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Aaron
"Read the reviews"
This room was booked very quickly. We were staying at another resort with family and their day of check out, we decided to stay in Myrtle Beach a few more days. Upon entering the room we noticed a foul smell. There was a plate of cooked bacon in the microwave waiting on us. There was hair in the fridge and in the shower. The shower water was never even warm and did not drain. There was a stain on the under side of one of the comforters that looked like blood. The oven smoked so bad it set off the smoke alarm in the room one night. The hall ways stunk and the pools were nasty too. The few good things about the room were the view of the ocean and closeness to shops and restaurants. I would not recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
kentucky folks
"Roaches"
I must admit, the only good thing about this hotel is the location. The location is amazing. But the hotel is very old, very dirty and moldy, & I saw at least 10 roaches in my room. Everywhere from the bathroom to the floors to the kitchen to the walls.
3 night trip Aug 5, 2015
johnnae
"Near the Boardwalk action"
The room had the bare essentials in the "kitchenette" Barely any silverware or cookware. The stairway door would not open all the way on the ground floor, making it nearly impossible to carry things out.The carpets were old and worn looking.Parking is across the street (if you hunt for it). I rented two rooms that were next to each other, but the pass through door went to the neighbor on the opposite side. The staff was not overly helpful, if you wanted something they did not go out of their way to help. A few loads were wanting to go to the library and asked the desk clerk where it was, The clerk said he didn't know, and that was it. No additional help, like looking on gps or making some inquiries. On the bright side, the location was great, view was great, and the price was also pretty good( I got price matches two or three times before my actual trip saving me some nice change). The boardwalk and amusement park is a short distance away, just far enough that noise from it was not an issue. Not the hotel's fault, but the beach area is not as good and other places we have stayed in Myrtle Beach. The first day, a layer of shells on the shoreline making walking past them difficult and painful, subsequent days were much better, but the shore is very uneven with many drops(short) to get into the water. Overall, a good stay, just not exemplary.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Great beachfront hotel"
Great beach hotel. Nice pool and lazy river. Right on the beach. Wasn't expecting such a freshly painted room and new inserts in the bathtub so close to the action of Myrtle Beach. Stay here!
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Kate
"You get what you pay for...."
4:00 Pm check in delayed until after 5:00 Sewer drainage running behind pool side bar - smell awful Mattress springs "pop" with ANY move Air conditioner made sound of an 18 wheeler about to enter the room Rooms very small hair remnants from previous occupants remain in shower Ocean front rooms paid for turned out to be ocean view ....very limited view Pool side bar staff were great - but lacked ingredients for normal cocktails. Tile between indoor pool and hot tub slick - took a fall - never any hotel staff around for help
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Joanie
"Will never stay there again"
Disgusting hotel, awful service, the only positive part is the hotel location as a beachfront.
7 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach for a great price"
Overall I was pleased with my experience. The hotel was nice for the price. I had no complaints. The shower drain was clogged, so we called and they fixed it quickly.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Jeremy
The service was terrible and the wait at only 1 elevator was terrible
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
RONNIE
The only issue I had was that I forgot my key inside the hotel room and when I ask the man at the front desk he was kind of rude and didn't even hand me the key in my hand. But all other employees were not rude!
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
People from desk were mean .
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Sonia
"Close to the beach, but poor accommodations"
The view of the beach is amazing. It was great to walk out on to the small balcony and enjoy the sound of the waves. Unfortunately the entire hotel was in poor condition, and had a most terrible smell. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, but the building itself is just sub-par.
Traveller
"Would not recommend ."
We had to check him four times because room was not ready. The rooms was very small. The Beds was very uncomfortable.
"Never again"
It was a disgusting dirty hotel. Low service...you had to always remind them to clean your room, change towels, bring shampoos, toilet paper etc. Will never stay there again and would not recommend it to friends.
8 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Very old outdated hotel"
The hotel is old , rooms have very old furniture and old dirty carpet that smells. First room we were in had soaking wet carpet after the rain, the second room had broken balcony door and broken shower handles. The pool area is clean but small for the number of people that staying in hotel on weekends.
Alex
"nightmare"
It rain the first two days. We woke up on tuesday morning with two inches of water on floor. Water came down through sand vents. It was a nightmare and took six hours to get another room. Will never stay there again.service was very slow to take care of problem. To be honest should get refunded for cost of both rooms.
6 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2015
"Nice location on the beach"
We arrived on Tues and left on Sat,. During that time NO ONE cleaned our room. We asked for someone to and someone came and vacuumed and left after we told him what we wanted done. The next day we came back and the beds were made but no one even took our dirty towels, I had to chase down some maids in the hallway and get towels then go back and find them to get toilet paper.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
sbalch
"Ok I guess..."
Room was very...very small for 2 Queen sized beds. Felt clausterphobic in the bathroom. Tiny balcony, but nice view of the beach. Pool was pretty nice, with a bar on site.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Aaron
Okay for a place to stay for 3 or 4 days if you're only going to be in the room long enough to shower and sleep. And they had ants.
5 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Janine
"Family vacation"
It was very reasonable for the price, the only unfortunate issue was the lack of Internet service. As it was a family vacation that really helped us keep focus. we had a few unwelcome 6 legged guess but the place was alright. Not too many people on the beach great fun and we were able to walk to local restaurants, the free movie rental made family time at night fun. Overall not to bad
3 night trip Aug 3, 2015
"Ehh"
it was a great location by the beach. hotel staff quality wasn't the best. better room service staff needed
8 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Never again"
Unfriendly staff, dirty hotel and pool areas, and had to request to have our room cleaned. Won't stay here again!
4 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
"Check-in took over 2 hours"
Hotel was not ready for anyone to check in. The line was out the front door and no rooms were cleaned yet. Took over two hours and a room change to finally get checked in. The air conditioner leaked all over the floor from the balcony all the way to the first bed in the room. There was a leaky faucet in the shower and someone punched a hole in the wall. I will never stay at the hotel again or recommend it to anyone. I left a day early knowing I would not get a refund, but the place was horrible and it was time to sleep comfortably in my own house.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Not impressed"
I was very disappointed in this hotel. The room had a broken balcony door and the tv was being held up by the dvd player. When we asked the staff for additional pillows because there were only 2 on each bed, we were told we could have 1 pillow. The "free parking" was always full. The only nice part about the hotel was the pool.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015