All hotels in Madrid, Spain

Ordinary pool
    Uncomfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
We stayed here because it was the closest to the Santiago Bernabeu for the best price. Front desk where very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Beds where very uncomfortable and hard but that's out only complaint. We didn't spend much time in the room so for the price we paid we are very satisfied. The walls are also very very thin, you will hear everything your neighbor does. Over all perfect for what we went for had an amazing time in Spain.
6 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Fabian
"Nice hotel, good price"
I stayed 4 nights and everything was fine. First I had problems with the Internet connection, it was to weak in my room so I asked if I may have a different room and they agree with no problem.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Vicror
"Things to be done to improve their THREE STARS"
Good location close to the train, bus, market and restaurants. Rooms and amenities overall. The "big issue " having to deal with one laptop at the mezzanine area (for the whole hotel) with very, slow internet access and a broken laptop keyboard. If you need to print any document you need to send it to any hotel employee's personal email and they will give to you.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Rolty
"Madrid hotel for Vaughntown"
The internet was not working correctly. I liked the hotel but I specifically wanted internet. I wanted it in my room which they advertised, however it only worked in the lobby.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2015
Felicia
"Only good thing...location."
This has been the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was all rude. Their parking is expensive and inconvenient because every time you need to get in or out you have to go to the front desk to get a clicker and return it immediately. My husband had to circle around after exiting the garage while we refunded the clicker since there was nowhere to wait. I accidentally kept it one time and that night the front desk called me to bring it back and yelled at me. The pool is shared with condos so every time each guest wants to swim you have to give them your passport and sign in and they give you a card and then you must bring it back right away (as they stressed) and you get your passport back. However, there is a limit of how many people can go so we saw people turned away. The rooms were super tiny. My parents had their own room and it was a tiny bit bigger but the beds are hard as a rock. I have never left a bad review but I wish someone had told me all of this before I had stayed. I would usually say you get what you pay for but I usually try to stay at places that are in great locations and I don't mind 3 stars but this place was horrible and didn't compare to the other hotels in this price range. Lastly, their elevator doors close so fast and someone in our 4 people party got hit by it at least once. Make sure to hold the door open button as soon as you get in so it doesn't close on anyone.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Adriana
"Very Good Hotel"
We only stayed one night. The room was comfortable and well equipped. The hotel was well maintained, and the staff was friendly although we had no need for any special service. The location is north of downtown (close to Bernabeu Stadium) but metro and buses are close by. We enjoyed our brief stay and would recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Guillermo
"Amaral @April"
Hotel is very clean, friendly stuff, location is convenient close to metro and Bernabeu stadium.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Really good hotel. The daytime receptionist was a bit rude, other that, things were really nice.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Kenneth
"Very Expensive relative to its standard"
The Hotel cost is over estimated regarding the standard of the hotelI had proplems in payment , Ny room was not cleaned and left as it is.The location is very nice
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
amr
"Would be great, except"
This hotel was really quite nice. Near a Metro stop and bus stops so getting around is easy. The room was clean and everything that I expect from a decently priced hotel. The beds were a bit firm, TV on the smaller side, both things that don't bother me as it's just a place to stay. However, the Internet/wifi were awful. This is the non-starter for me. If I cannot easily comminuicate back home for personal or work purposes, this will greatly affect my review and has thus occurred here. I tried from the lobby, room, hallway, etc. Nothing worked. Every once in a while I would have a moment of a decent connection, but not enough to improve my rating.
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Overall, a nice cheap hotel. Breakfast is very good (meats, donuts, croissants) and the people serving it are very friendly. Sheets are changed everyday. For some weird reason, they do not have shower curtains (only a half glass wall) which forces everything to splash outside - obviously a European thing.The worst thing is their front desk; the worst customer service I have received at a hotel. Not friendly, not smiling, pretending to not know English. Multiple times they gave me a room key which did not work or was for a wrong room. Had my reservation cancelled but my card was charged. A red-haired girl from the night shift has chosen the wrong job for her - she needs much more training in how to treat customers. Too bad that the front desk spoils the nice experience of the whole hotel.
4 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Good hotel, clean room and helpful staff."
A VIPS restaurant across the street and many local restaurants with tapas nearby. A metro stop 2 blocks away. Hotel appears to be in a good neighborhood. Stayed for 4 nights after a Vaughantown adventure. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, hot and cold meats, breads, fruit, juice, coffee, and pastries. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Madrid Business Trip"
The hotel is nice but neighborhood a little run down. No safety issues and well worth the price.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Jody
"Nice, basic hotel the financial area."
I stayed here prior to beginning my VaughanTown experience, and I was at the hotel for less than 24 hours. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. They spoke enough English to compensate for my awful Spanish. There is a convenience store nearby for snacks.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Hank
"Great value and good location"
Only negative was funiture a little outdated. But over VERY happy. Great staff.
6 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Good value, sad beds"
The hotel was very accommodating. We arrived to Madrid at 9am and they let us check into the hotel at 10am. We were just hoping they'd keep our bags until check in. Rooms were small but efficient and clean. Shower is slightly odd with only a half door. Be sure to put a towel down or it will be slippery. Beds seemed ok at first but at night I found them to be very hard and the pillows were very thin, even when doubled over. The location worked well for me. They offer a standard Spanish breakfast buffet but for the price I'd probably go to a nearby place instead the next time.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Lori
"great pool"
I stay here because it is across from the building I attend for the business. The beds are hard as rocks. The pool opens to late for me , noon. The staff is very helpful and nice. There is not much to do in the area but close to bus and Metro. I am sure there are better places.
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
"Stayed again"
This was my second stay at the Amaral. Nice little hotel with very comfy rooms. Second stay, I was a bit disappointed in the reception I received upon arriving. Regardless, I will go back.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Comments after six days stay."
On the whole quite adequate, apart from the comments above. Overall, reasonable for the price paid.
7 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
"The best"
I loved the hotel amaral somuch I'm going back it was fantastic and the staff were fabulous well done
5 night trip Sep 9, 2015
Anthony
"Bad staff"
Problems to go to the swimming pool because of a lack of information by the staff. Room was OK but I doubt we will come back.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
not worth
"Uncomfortable night very little sleep"
Stayed for one night. Quite austere reception area, non-smiling staff, not very friendly or attentive. Bedroom was a decent size but the bed was extremely uncomfortable, very hard, no 'give' at all. Small bathroom with inadequate lighting. No bar. Did not take the breakfast option, so cannot comment on restaurant service or food. For the money, there are plenty of other places to chose. I would not use this hotel again given a choice.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Angela
"heaven in madrid"
I visited in Madrid to watch real Madrid-viarrial in football and also to see real Madrid in basketball.i wanted this hotel becease its cheap pricess and I was very pleased with services and the staff.the hotel is not holydayinn its ok also for the price ienjoyed.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
Zvika
"Good hotel - close to my rendezvous point."
Stayed just one night, very clean room and friendly helpful staff.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good Hotel for the price in a quiet location"
A good hotel that was in a good location for travelling to the city by tram. Facilities in the hotel were very adequate and whilst we did not breakfast at the hotel because the cost was more than that offered at local establishments, I am sure it would have been fine. Tram connections are good. For football fans travelling to the Bernabeu Stadium it is ideal, for short stay vacations (city breaks) it is also good. You get what you pay for and this was well worth what the cost was. The room was cleaned daily and the bathroom stocked with soaps and clean towels also daily, the sheets were clean and after all it is a hotel and somewhere to rest your head at night, so for that it was ideal.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Tony of Ripley
"Great Stay!"
Went to watch Real Madrid, hotel was extremely close to the Bernabeu, just a 10min walk away! The hotel staff were friendly and always willing to help with all our questions. Breakfast was of good quality. The beds was too hard for my liking. Had a problem with my match tickets and reception helped me to sort it out very quickly! The only negative I had was with the checkout, I paid over the internet and had my confirmation but the guy at reception was quite rude and argued with my payment. They had to phone Hotels.com to sort the problem out which took about 20min. All and all, would I stay at the hotel again? Definitely!
8 night trip May 20, 2015
Wally
ZA
"Pool not open until June!"
Hotel was fine really, but the pool not open on May! There isn't much around but the metro to city centre is very handy.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Too expensive for what it offers"
Ok place but expensive.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Ideal for the Bernabeu Stadium"
Went with my 12 year old son to Madrid to watch Real Madrid play. Stayed from Friday to Monday. Ideal location for stadium (10 mins walk) and metro just round corner to explore wonderful city. Hotel a bit tired but can't fault staff or cleanliness. Also plenty places locally to eat out if you don't fancy venturing into tourist centre.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Dermott
"Great location for the football"
Hotel was nice does not look great from the outside but was nice and clean inside. Most staff friendly just one female member of staff that was not helpful and grumpy. Quite location, safe to walk at night and close to a few local shops if you need anything.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Closer To Santiago Bernabèu"
It Was Simple And Fantastic For Me
9 night trip Apr 20, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
Spent a night on the way and the way back to another venue in Spain. It was very convenient for where I had to meet others
1 night trip Apr 3, 2015
"Ideal for weekend break"
Stayed with my son for football break, excellent location, 10 minute stroll to Bernabau, clean and pleasant, would recommend.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Hotel close to the Santiago Bernabeu"
Chose this hotel because of how close it was to the football stadium. The walk was about 10 minutes so we saved money on taxi's and the metro. The area was nice, and a 15 minute walk radius to well known English food places such as KFC, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts and LIDL. Recommend VIPs restaurant for breakfast or dinner as it was cheap and very nice. Room had a strong wifi signal and was always kept clean by hotel staff. We kept little drinks and food in our fridge so we weren't always buying food which saved us a lot. Only thing is the swimming pool wasn't available when we went. Hotel is a €30 taxi ride to the airport and vice versa but make sure you have the address of the hotel to give to the taxi driver as they might not speak English.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Heating not working properly and blankets on bed"
I was very tired, coming from a long journey. The heater was not working in my room, I thought it might come on later on , but it didn't. There was no blankets on the bed to keep warm, I had to go downstairs in the middle of the get blankets . The room was very cold.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
wendy linton
"one night only-business trip"
does what it needs to - clean room, free wi-if and courteous staff. Breakfast buffet a little bland and room was very warm but for a business stopover this hotel presents excellent value
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Close to stadium"
Great hotel close to metro and stadium lovely city
"Overal ok hotel"
The hotel is fine, not fancy but in good condition, good breakfast options however the service was a bit slow to bring more food when it had finished and also to clean the tables so that new people could sit. But besides that the staff is very friendly and the hotel is close to the subway and good restaurants.
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Nice Staff Nothing Works"
The staff at reception were helpful, and cleaning staff did a good job. The wifi, air conditioning, and TV did not work.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Gladys
"Good Budget Hotel close to Metro"
Clean and good value - short walk to two Metro Stations
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"clean hotel in the north of the city"
I needed to be in the north part of the city so this is why I chose the hotel. The rooms are very small, but the hotel facilities are okay overall. corteous staff and good bathrooms. rooms are very small though- even small for european standards.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Erika
"Close hotel to the Bernabeu"
One night stay in April 2014, clean rooms. Friendly staff, good location.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Good Hotel, Great Location"
We stayed at the Amaral due to its location to the Santiago Bernabeu. We found the hotel to be exactly as we expected, good value for ,money and in a good location. The hotel reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was basic but clean and had everything we needed. Housekeeping cleaned the room every day of our 5 night stay and the complimentary water every morning was a nice touch. We had organised breakfast which was good and they had the usual selection of cereals, fruit, cold meats, bread rolls and toast. There was a hot selection which we didn't try. There is a supermarket next to the hotel and plenty of restaurants and a few bars close by. The metro station is about a 10 minute walk away and it takes about 10 minutes on the metro to get into the centre of the city,
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Debbie
"Good hotel per cost"
Excellent hotel if cost is your major consideration. Don't expect luxury room or bed but it is a good place to have a rest at night. Pinpoint location if you want to visit Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Dylankubrick
"great location"
The hotel was exactly what I wanted perfect location, reasonable rates and good travel links (metro)
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Great location ideal for my purposes
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
chyonofuji
"Misleading Description"
No laundry room. Red light district-
4 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
"Great hotel, 10 min away from center in very nice"
wonderful, if you like to watch Real Madrid games talk to reception and very cheap price tickets and very good sits in Bernabeu
Other trip May 9, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Hotel que necesita una renovación"
El hotel acaba de cambiar de propiedad y necesita una renovación. En las habitaciones hace mucho calor, a pesar de desconectar la calefacción.
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Jordi
ES
"Calidad precio acptable."
Por el precio del hotel no puedo tener queja. Un hotel de 3 estrellas justito pero que da servicio. Justo acaba de cambiar a la empresa Playa Senator cuando yo me alojé. La única queja que puedo tener es el ruido excesivo de la rejilla de ventilación del sistema de calefacción/AA, que es continúo y molesto, sobre todo por la noche y más si tienes un sueño ligero. En mi habitación por lo menos de la primera planta era continuo el ruido de ventilación aún teniendo la calefacción apagada.
2 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015