All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1225 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
Good "retro" environment. Like stepping into the 1950s. Clean and well kept rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Frank B.
"Needs improvement"
Location of the hotel was decent. Close to beach and not too far from Downtown Newport however the hotel leaves little to be desired. Rooms need updating. Carpet old and AC units are in the window. Also, no tub in our room just standing shower. Not good if you have little ones
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
"Ehhhhh"
Booked a room here last minute for a wedding in newport. I had asked the inn if it was easy to get cabs to the venue to which they said yes... It was actually IMPOSSIBLE, we ended up driving and parking overnight and missing the ceremony. When we arrived I even asked if they could call one for me and they just rattled off numbers I should call and then said it would probably be an hour wait. The door knob broke off inside the room and the cab driver that eventually picked us up the next morning told me no one stays here but they use to party there in high school. Not really worth +$200 .
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Photos hide the dirty conditions and lack of pool"
I booked the room based on the rating and photos which included a photo of an indoor pool, handy since I have two kids and it was raining on the day we arrived. When I arrived, I was told that the indoor pool was no longer available since it was only through a membership with the Marriott that allowed for the pool privileges a membership they no longer had. The "suite" offered smelled of smoke AND was not cleaned when we arrived. We were given a lesser room with two double beds instead. In the bed was a dead horsefly, which made me question whether that room had been cleaned. Since we returned late in the evening to our room it wasnt worth going to another hotel, but had it been earlier we would have left. Added was the lack of lawn grooming which initially caused me to drive past the hotel since I thought there was no way that was the place I saw on the site...it looked abandon. Typically I have good luck with Expedia, but this was the worst experience by far.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"would not recommend to any one."
The bathroom floor was dirty! Tiles missing from the shower, The room was over priced and would not recommend to any one. very disapointed. I left and moved to another hotel in the area! Very run down.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Good stay"
The staff was not only very helpful and nice to us, but the rooms are in good condition for how the place looks like on the outside. The shower was a little small/outdated, but the room itself was great. There was even a little area with a couch and mini fridge. We had no problems and it's only ten minutes away from first beach.
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2013
Lauren
"An overpriced Motel with no maid service."
I reserved based on availability for jazz festival Expedia had this motel listed as a clean place under $200 per night. It was a shock to find such a run down, small room with absolutely no maid service , or soaps, towels that anyone would expect for a shocking $ 167 per night. Disgusting, deteriorating motel. I should have gone a few miles further , for less money. Don't ever consider this place !
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
the folks at check in were nice enough - the problem was people sitting at a small table directly outside of our room talking and smoking cigarettes into the wee hours of the morning - if you stay there - move the table and chairs if they are by your room!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Great for a one night stay"
Me and some of my friends, all college seniors, stayed here july 4th after nothing else was available. I was worried it would be a bad place but it was actually great value for the $. Rooms were very spacious and the motel is a short ride from the best younger crowd beach and bars. The owner was very friendly and even gave us a ride to the bars that night when all the cabs were backed up. If you aren't picky about where your staying for a night and need a cheap place to crash this is the place for you.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Tired old fleabag."
The bathroom fan and lights did not work. There were no screens in the front window. There was no ice machine in the whole place. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and Expedia shouldn't either.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Nova
"Disappointing"
Lack of hot water at times. Though they advertise a continental breakfast, they did not provide one. Office not open 24/7 to address problems.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
""in need of repair and updating""
I would not stay here again. I would tell my friends and family to not stay here so I can not recommend it. The staff was pleasant upon arrival - we were given a key and told where room was. When i unlocked the door the first thing that hit me was the bed was unmade. So I immediately went back to desk and told staff. After apologizing for the inconveneince, she upgraded us to a suite, which was a nice thing to do, but doesn't make up for the condition of the hotel. The exterior was painted and grounds were groomed but the building was just old. The interior was just awful. The carpet was so gross and it had a damp feel to it. The furtniture and walls were old and stained. There was graffiti on the inside of the door that had been partially removed. The bathroom was old and tile falling apart. There was no vent fan in bathroom so we tried to open the window only to realize the window latch was broken and couldn't be locked. The sheets were clean (I hope) or so appeared but the mattress was so caved in in the middle that it woke us up all night becuase we kept rolling to middle of the bed. There were adequate towels, toiletries and extra blankets and pillows. Overall though it was dated and needed alot of upgrades and repairs.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Jen
"Find other accommodation!"
Only on Memorial Day weekend could this hotel get away with selling itself on Expedia for over $200 a night. It is a $39 motel at best!! Find somewhere else to stay.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Taz
"It was a dump"
The bed was not comfortable, they give you one lousy pillow each, tiny shower with old tile, hard towels. Walls were super thin, can hear everything next door.
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Budget Hotel"
Booked this last minute, as it was the only hotel available in the area. Our stay was not terrible but I would not stay here again given a choice. We tried checking in around 2pm, but were told we needed to come back in 30 minutes so they could clean the room. We came back over an hour later and they were still working on the room...so we ended up waiting another 20 minutes in the parking lot before we could actually get in the room. The bed was pretty hard and the pillows were really tough to sleep on. The sheets were stained and there was no light in the shower. I don't think it was worth the money.
Other trip May 20, 2013
There was no one at the front desk when we arrived, our key was in an envelope taped to the front door. The first room we were in had no heat, but they did move us to another room that had heat.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Terry
"Great place to rest b/w sights or being out"
The Inn is actually a motel. While the room and bathroom are dated, they are both very clean. Beds were comfortable and bed/bath linens were clean and stain free. The room we had also had a sitting room with a separate door so the room was spacious for 3 adults. Staff was very helpful.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"No maid service"
I travel to Middletown RI at least once a month. I drove passed the Bay WIllows on one of these trips and thought it was a cute little side of the road motle. It looked clean and I like to support family run businesses. I booked the motel through Expedia and it was by no means a cheap place to stay. Less then the Newport motels but about the average for a stay in Middletown. When we checked in the room had a bit of a musty smell and all of the windows were open to air it out. The door wouldn't shut unless we put the deadbolt on-it was very warped. Upon check in I had to remind the woman at the desk that we were supposed to get vouchers for breakfast. She said I always forget to give those. I will say breakfast at the Cornucopia where the vouchers were to was very nice. The next day we were out for the day and when we returned our beds were not made and the wet towels were still on the bathroom floor. We were a bit disturbed but figured maybe there had been an emergency and figured we would get towels in the morning before checkout. Office did not open till 9:40 so no time to ge towels before checking out. All the guests packing their cars were annoyed. The girl at the desk said that there is only maid service every other day. We should have been told that upon check in so we could have asked for more towels. I don't mind making my own bed if I were told ahead, but to be given 2 towels for 2 nights is ridiculous. I won't stay here on my next trip to Middletown.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
Leslie
"nothing to write home about"
Breakfast was off site......didn't even bother going. Shower didn't work good. Looked quaint but just turned out to be old.
Family trip Oct 1, 2012
"Close to New Port Boat Show"
The accommodations were very nice and clean. Quiet surroundings, 5 minutes from the New Port waterfront.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"ok hotel"
The bathroom had little bit of running water and no intercontinental breakfast as they advertize, instead they gave us coupon to some weird place down the street, but there'sa dunkin donut very close...
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Pleasantly surprised!"
I mean, what everyone else has been reviewing was right: you get what you pay for, but this was NOT NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be. In fact it was nothing but pleasant. My college friends and I decided to do Newport for Labor Day Weekend, and this being the only thing available, we got a room here. With a website that uses "color tv and free bikes" as a selling point, we were honestly thinking we were getting ourselves into trouble here. But the place was great!! The staff was friendly, check-in and -out were simple, and the rooms were super clean and HUGE! I'm not sure if all are like this, but we had a front deck, a living room with a pull-out couch, and two full beds. I'm used to staying in hostels abroad and dirt cheap hotels, being on a college girl's budget, so maybe that's why I have such great things to say about this place. Definitely fine for a weekend, definitely no Ritz Carlton. Hope this helps :)
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Sophia
"not what advertised"
everyone upon check was very nice. we wanted a room with king size bed so we got the suite w/balcony!! what balcony?? it's a porch. room darken shades! had to leave it open to run the airconditioner. no wifi. said it only worked in the office.. no microwave. now remember we got the suite!!! lol. there was not a place to even hand your clothes up so we basically loved out of our suitcase. and ahhh no breakfast in the morning wasnot even mentioned or offered. i feel it was very overpriced for what we got...
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
miller
I've stayed at this motel before. It is a very small old facility. It appears this time that more renovations have been completed (new carpeting & paint). It is very convenient to Newport and the price speaks for itself. If you are looking for more than basic necessities - look somewhere else
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2012
Lady Jane
Hotel is clean and quiet although it is situated close to a major road in Middletown, RI. With some refurbishing (doors, bathroom fixtures & shower) hotel could be a really good place to stay. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was around the corner at a local cafe that has an agreement with them. There is no wi-fi which is hard to believe nowadays. For the price, it served its purpose.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2012
Price is cheap so the room was cheap. Bathroom was dirty.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2012
Ed
"Section 8 Housing"
This building reflects a 1950 architectural design and atmosphere. Let me stress, this hotel is not the trendy "retro", but more like the twilight zone. It looked like a portion of the hotel had full time residence, with clothing drying on chairs in front of their rooms. Our room included an older TV with no remote control. A feeling that bacteria and microscopic organisms were scattered about everywhere in our room. To put it simply, we felt like we were staying in a petrie dish.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2012
Itchy
"Stayaway!"
Overrated Not- 21st century motel. what more can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
Nautical Guy
"Cute little old hotel"
If you don't mind an old house smell, you can stay in this hotel. I didn't find it comfortable since there were no chairs and table to sit, and there was a tiny 30 x 30 shower, the beds were pretty old too.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2012
Lina
"was ok"
the room details stated a baloncy was more like a front porch
1 night trip Jul 24, 2012
"Avoid"
Nice reception by checking clerk. Helpful with directions. Room clock was broken. No remote in room. Various broken iTMS. Bureau handle missing bathroom window supported by broken metal piece. Not noisy. Ac was old but worked avoid this motel
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
Quiet, accommodated my late check in
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2012
"great price for Newport!"
The room was very adorable and comfortable and the perfect price for us! It was also in a great location, only a few miles from Newport!
1 night trip Jun 29, 2012
Catherine
"Our Willows Stay"
This is our second visit. We were a bit disappointed by the room we had in May. No AC, tiny bathroom, room a bit cramped. This room was a very pleasant surprise. Quite comfortable, with a nice roomy bathroom with big shower. Quiet. The little place for breakfast (right around the corner) is very friendly and nice.
Other trip Jul 2, 2012
"This Ain't the Ritz - But it's okay"
This is an old property but the room was clean, the sheets and towels were fine and there was a small microwave and refrigerator. The TV was old but we weren't in Newport to watch TV. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. No pool, no free breakfast or coffee bar but for the price it was a very satisfactory place to spend a night or two.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2012
Bob and wife
"Fine"
The staff is very friendly. The hotel is fine, nothing fancy. All the other hotels required a two night minimum and we only needed one night.
Other trip Jun 19, 2012
"a disappointing experience, not what i hoped for"
When my fiancee and I were first given a room, we found it to have two twin beds, both of which were not made up. This was contrary to the clean king size bed I had requested. A quick trip to the front desk gave us a new room, with a clean king sized bed. I walked into the bathroom, and almost slipped. There was water on the floor. I didn't see an obvious source, but there was always water on the floor. the deadbolt lock on the door didn't work. only one of the lights worked, and the room had a heavy odor of cigarette smoke. And there was only one set of towels. We were able to get some odor removing spray from the front desk, and they did fix the light and provide us with a second set of towels. The curtains were cheap and didn't close easily, and the heating/AC unit was from the 80s. probably still functional, but really old. The bathroom sink didn't even have a stopper in it The only saving grace for this hotel was the staff. The maid service were nice, the front desk people were personable and helpful. Any issues we brought to their attention they worked to resolve when they could. I could not have asked for more. There was also a fridge and microwave, which was an added plus. Yes, this was a hotel on the cheaper side of the spectrum, but for the price we paid for two nights, I expected better,
Other trip May 29, 2012

Although the hotel was 20 minutes by public transportation and 10 minutes by taxi from the venue, it was a comfortable ride that took us through the local areas that we'd definitely will visit on our next stay in Rhode island. Management should consider purchasing a vehicle to transport clients to venues and nearby historical sites and malls; provide basic continental breakfast (weather permitting) outdoors or tea and coffee service in-room (s); and on-site laundry service. Update rooms by installing new carpeting and bed linens, a unit that is both heating and air conditioning, more out door seating. The lot and room size were comfortable; its not the Hilton or W hotels but it was comfortable.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Sanj
We stayed to go to a concert in Newport. It was only 5 minutes away. Friendly helpful staff - clean room all good.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
Faye
NZ

"Newport"
Chambre manque de rafraîchissement et senteur de vieux lit confortable.. Proprio super gentil en arrivant il nous a donner un petit sac avec eau, bonbon, pomme, barre tendre. Pour le petit déjeuner une carte cadeau de $5 au Dunkin donuts a 2 minute de marche. J'aurai aimé donner un meilleur commentaire vu l’accueil chaleureux du proprio
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Bibi et Michou
"Confort de la chambre"
Comme nous sommes une famille de 6, nous avions réservé une suite: 2 lits doubles et un canapé-lit. Malheureusement, le matelas du divan-lit était fini: ressorts défoncés nous entrant dans le corps.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2012