All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
1225 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Rather comfortable
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"amazing staff, friendly owners, and close to all"
this hotel is amazing. Close to Newport. The owner and his wife were amazing. Would stay here again!
Response by Bay Willows Inn
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback!
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2014
for the price it was ok
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Dwane
"Cliff walk tomorrow"
Stayed one night and planned to do the cliff walk.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
pam
"Great location for a bargain price"
This little old-fashioned motel offers cleanliness, comfort, and a terrific location at a VERY reasonable price. Our family party included three adults and we were in a room with two double beds and a sleep sofa. The "room" was really more of a "suite" since the sofa is in a separate walled-off area that also includes a small table, chairs, and a mini-fridge and microwave. Each guest gets a Dunkin' Donuts card to pay for breakfast. Dunkin' Donuts is right across the street. The motel is on Aquidneck. If you follow this road it takes you past Anthony's Seafood (AWESOME) and right down to the Newport Beach. The Newport National golf course is very close, as is the Sweet Berry Farm and Island Books. Save a bundle and stay at this nice motel!
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
BB
"Great hotel!"
This hotel is the perfect spot for everyone. It is clean, the staff are extremely friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The price is just right, too, compared to other hotels in the area. For our stay, the breakfast nook was being renovated and the staff gave us all Dunkin Donuts gift cards each day of our 4 day stay. The building is a little old, but they are doing a nice job of making it aesthetically pleasing by putting beautiful flowers all around. Only a five minute drive from downtown Newport and the Navy base, this is the place you want to stay for friendly service at a good price.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Excellent customer service"
Great location, very convenient! Older motel style but quiet, updating in progress and clean. Wagner the manager is excellent. I've stayed here many times and have never had a problem. Definitely recommended especially for the price!!!
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
AmyJ
"Vintage Motel"
If you want a vintage motel experience, this is the place. Funky, clean and comfortable. No frills.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Judith
"Affordable"
We stayed here for a sports event. Clean and convenient. The room had an off-smell but opened windows and it was ok. The lady at the desk was very nice and helpful.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Not the worst i've seen."
I read very bad reviews on this place and still decided to try it for myself. The room was clean and cheap $70. I only stood overnight. I did have to ask about the continental breakfast and was given a gift card for Dunkin. I will visit this place again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Maggie
"You get what you pay for!"
One of the worst motels ever. I was trying to save money. The price I paid was too much for the room we got. Paper thin walls, OLD beds and furniture. Will never stay there again!
Response by Bay Willows Inn
I apologize for your experience with us. We have documentation showing that we changed the matress less than 6 month.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Fair hotel for fair price
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
"Worth a visit"
We arrived late and the owners had turned up the heat for us and left the key. There is nothing special here, other than local, friendly hospitality. We like "buy local" and usually stayed at the Rodeway Inn, but thought we would try out this place. The room is small, but the king-size bed was firm and the pillows were great. Overall, a great value. Of course, they would prefer if you call them and book it direct, but we learned about it via Hotels so we booked through them the first time. In the off season, "Breakfast" is provided via a Dunkin Doughnuts (across the street) card. Worked for us.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Business/leisure trip"
Stayed here through the new year for a business/leisure trip. It was nice warm room as it was well below freezing for New Years. The room was clean and comfortable. I do travel with a small room heater with me, which I was glad to have. Room has a thermostat but I think bc of the windows and wind we had with the frigid temps it was cooler than would have been, so I did use the heater to help regulate the temp. Staff were friendly, and its in a quiet area but not far from town and things to do and restaurants. I would gladly stay here again if I am in the area
2 night business trip Dec 30, 2013
Meici
"Pretty satisfactory for a 2-star motel"
This is a good location to stay if you have business in Newport and want to save some money on a weekend, high-rate, night. I thought the staff was reserved, but friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable, and had all I needed, since I was only passing though. I would have liked more heat in my room, but to be fair, I didn't ask to have it turned up. Bar, bus stops, and Coffee/Donut shop all just across the street. I appreciated that the bathroom (except the shower) was very well-lit. (It should be noted that I am pretty easy to please.)
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
EasytoPleasey
Great for the price...manager was very nice!
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
"Close to Salve, Beach, and Food"
I was here with my team for a weekend long event at Salve. This location was perfect because it was close (5-15 min drive) to Salve, the beach, food, and gas. Hotel service was great and very accommodating. Suites were clean and spacious enough for 4-6 people per room. It was the cheapest hotel I could find that was close to Salve. I definitely had a bargain for the rooms here.
Response by Bay Willows Inn
Thanks for your feedback, we will continuous work hard to serve you better. That means a lot to us. Thank you very much
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"I'm going to the hostel next time"
It wasn't that this place was SO bad, it is more the vibe. It was kinda like staying in that room when you visit your grandparents-- a bit stale and smells odd (not awful, but like cleaning supplies and no air flow and old people). It wasn't uncomfortable. It was clean. The staff was very nice. The bathroom was nice. However, I'm going to the hostel downtown the next time I'm in town. That isn't for everyone, but that doesn't bother me too much and I'll appreciate the convenience of their location and the lower price.
New management since 2014
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"AWEFUL"
Maybe the worst Inn ever. Room smelled, AC did not work, bath floor was sticky. Very outdated. STAY AWAY!!!!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Poor accommodation"
I am not sure if Hotels.com check the hotels they use or not, but this particular one should not be on their list. I paid $172.00 for one night in this place and I would class it as a $60 per night rating. I got the feeling that the majority of the rooms here, are permanently let to, shall we say, less well off people. I won’t go into detail about the ones we saw walking about, but you get the picture. The actual room we had was a dump to say the least. Stains on the carpets, broken chairs and a pink and black tiled bathroom right out of the 50's. I really could go on but I feel I have made my point. The only good point about it was that the room was clean on the surface. Not recommended at all.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Less than happy"
NEVER AGAIN
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Perry
"Easy place for travelers with dogs."
Not fancy at all. An old 1950s feel, pink and black tiled shower especially. But pleasantly local, pleasantly NOT a chain. Comfortable mattress, clean and quiet when I was there. The staff gave excellent references for non-chain dining.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Terrible"
Lipstick kiss on the sheets. Def not washed. Owner was rude and we waited at the desk for 20 min before she came. Shower was also disgusting.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Good "retro" environment. Like stepping into the 1950s. Clean and well kept rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Frank B.
"Needs improvement"
Location of the hotel was decent. Close to beach and not too far from Downtown Newport however the hotel leaves little to be desired. Rooms need updating. Carpet old and AC units are in the window. Also, no tub in our room just standing shower. Not good if you have little ones
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
"Ehhhhh"
Booked a room here last minute for a wedding in newport. I had asked the inn if it was easy to get cabs to the venue to which they said yes... It was actually IMPOSSIBLE, we ended up driving and parking overnight and missing the ceremony. When we arrived I even asked if they could call one for me and they just rattled off numbers I should call and then said it would probably be an hour wait. The door knob broke off inside the room and the cab driver that eventually picked us up the next morning told me no one stays here but they use to party there in high school. Not really worth +$200 .
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Photos hide the dirty conditions and lack of pool"
I booked the room based on the rating and photos which included a photo of an indoor pool, handy since I have two kids and it was raining on the day we arrived. When I arrived, I was told that the indoor pool was no longer available since it was only through a membership with the Marriott that allowed for the pool privileges a membership they no longer had. The "suite" offered smelled of smoke AND was not cleaned when we arrived. We were given a lesser room with two double beds instead. In the bed was a dead horsefly, which made me question whether that room had been cleaned. Since we returned late in the evening to our room it wasnt worth going to another hotel, but had it been earlier we would have left. Added was the lack of lawn grooming which initially caused me to drive past the hotel since I thought there was no way that was the place I saw on the site...it looked abandon. Typically I have good luck with Expedia, but this was the worst experience by far.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"would not recommend to any one."
The bathroom floor was dirty! Tiles missing from the shower, The room was over priced and would not recommend to any one. very disapointed. I left and moved to another hotel in the area! Very run down.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Good stay"
The staff was not only very helpful and nice to us, but the rooms are in good condition for how the place looks like on the outside. The shower was a little small/outdated, but the room itself was great. There was even a little area with a couch and mini fridge. We had no problems and it's only ten minutes away from first beach.
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2013
Lauren
"An overpriced Motel with no maid service."
I reserved based on availability for jazz festival Expedia had this motel listed as a clean place under $200 per night. It was a shock to find such a run down, small room with absolutely no maid service , or soaps, towels that anyone would expect for a shocking $ 167 per night. Disgusting, deteriorating motel. I should have gone a few miles further , for less money. Don't ever consider this place !
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
the folks at check in were nice enough - the problem was people sitting at a small table directly outside of our room talking and smoking cigarettes into the wee hours of the morning - if you stay there - move the table and chairs if they are by your room!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Great for a one night stay"
Me and some of my friends, all college seniors, stayed here july 4th after nothing else was available. I was worried it would be a bad place but it was actually great value for the $. Rooms were very spacious and the motel is a short ride from the best younger crowd beach and bars. The owner was very friendly and even gave us a ride to the bars that night when all the cabs were backed up. If you aren't picky about where your staying for a night and need a cheap place to crash this is the place for you.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Tired old fleabag."
The bathroom fan and lights did not work. There were no screens in the front window. There was no ice machine in the whole place. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and Expedia shouldn't either.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Nova
"Disappointing"
Lack of hot water at times. Though they advertise a continental breakfast, they did not provide one. Office not open 24/7 to address problems.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
""in need of repair and updating""
I would not stay here again. I would tell my friends and family to not stay here so I can not recommend it. The staff was pleasant upon arrival - we were given a key and told where room was. When i unlocked the door the first thing that hit me was the bed was unmade. So I immediately went back to desk and told staff. After apologizing for the inconveneince, she upgraded us to a suite, which was a nice thing to do, but doesn't make up for the condition of the hotel. The exterior was painted and grounds were groomed but the building was just old. The interior was just awful. The carpet was so gross and it had a damp feel to it. The furtniture and walls were old and stained. There was graffiti on the inside of the door that had been partially removed. The bathroom was old and tile falling apart. There was no vent fan in bathroom so we tried to open the window only to realize the window latch was broken and couldn't be locked. The sheets were clean (I hope) or so appeared but the mattress was so caved in in the middle that it woke us up all night becuase we kept rolling to middle of the bed. There were adequate towels, toiletries and extra blankets and pillows. Overall though it was dated and needed alot of upgrades and repairs.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Jen
"Find other accommodation!"
Only on Memorial Day weekend could this hotel get away with selling itself on Expedia for over $200 a night. It is a $39 motel at best!! Find somewhere else to stay.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Taz
"It was a dump"
The bed was not comfortable, they give you one lousy pillow each, tiny shower with old tile, hard towels. Walls were super thin, can hear everything next door.
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Budget Hotel"
Booked this last minute, as it was the only hotel available in the area. Our stay was not terrible but I would not stay here again given a choice. We tried checking in around 2pm, but were told we needed to come back in 30 minutes so they could clean the room. We came back over an hour later and they were still working on the room...so we ended up waiting another 20 minutes in the parking lot before we could actually get in the room. The bed was pretty hard and the pillows were really tough to sleep on. The sheets were stained and there was no light in the shower. I don't think it was worth the money.
Other trip May 20, 2013

Although the hotel was 20 minutes by public transportation and 10 minutes by taxi from the venue, it was a comfortable ride that took us through the local areas that we'd definitely will visit on our next stay in Rhode island. Management should consider purchasing a vehicle to transport clients to venues and nearby historical sites and malls; provide basic continental breakfast (weather permitting) outdoors or tea and coffee service in-room (s); and on-site laundry service. Update rooms by installing new carpeting and bed linens, a unit that is both heating and air conditioning, more out door seating. The lot and room size were comfortable; its not the Hilton or W hotels but it was comfortable.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Sanj
We stayed to go to a concert in Newport. It was only 5 minutes away. Friendly helpful staff - clean room all good.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
Faye
NZ

"chambre spacieuse et propre, j'y retournerai"
C'est pratique et pas chère, en revanche il faut faire attention aux horaires d'ouverture de l'accueil. Quelques tâches de sang dans les draps. Odeur de cigarette constante même si Il est interdit de fumer dans les chambres. Super accueil, parking gratuit et panier repas avec des fruits à votre arrivée.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Bastien
FR
"Newport"
Chambre manque de rafraîchissement et senteur de vieux lit confortable.. Proprio super gentil en arrivant il nous a donner un petit sac avec eau, bonbon, pomme, barre tendre. Pour le petit déjeuner une carte cadeau de $5 au Dunkin donuts a 2 minute de marche. J'aurai aimé donner un meilleur commentaire vu l’accueil chaleureux du proprio
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Bay Willows Inn

"Great place to Stay"
11/06/15 Heidi J Murrysville, Pennsylvania
We weren't sure what to expect from the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised! The 2 gals at the front desk were so friendly and helpful giving us a list of nearby places to eat. This motel was the only one in the area that would allow us to leave our 3 little dogs in our room while we attended a wedding. For this alone, I would give you a 5 star review. The only reason I didn't was because we our heater in our room wouldn't work but after about 1 hour, they got it working! Can't say enough of how friendly and accommodating the gal and her husband was! Our room had a cute little sitting room with a couch and chair. Yes the room could us updating but it was comfy, clean and like I said the only one accepting 3 dogs and allowing them to be alone in the room (in a crate of course!) I thought the $20/dog per night was alittle too much but the rest of the room cost was reasonable. They even gave us a Welcome bag with some fruit, water and candy in it!
"Way better than expected !"
09/20/15 rdlc Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Was afraid of what to expect after reading the reviews. It is true that the place needs updating. But for a about 100$/night we got a very clean room with a microwave and decent-sized fridge, gift cards to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and a welcome bag with bottled water/fruits/candies. There is a lawn in front of the property with picnic tables and we used it for meals. It is walking distance to couple of good eating places and even a grocery store. If you want to visit Newport without busting your budget for accommodations, I highly recommend BWI. I would stay here again. Suggestions for improvements -more picnic tables, better room furnishings, flat screen TVs
"Would stay hear again in a heart-beat"
09/06/15 jdballou Arlington, Virginia
Perfectly acceptable – we enjoyed it very much. Old-style motel probably built in the 50s (tiled bathrooms – ours was pink tile , standing showers). But sparklingly clean, and comfortable. Beds comfortable. Wi-Fi excellent! Very dog friendly. And very friendly staff/owners. Nicely landscaped with lovely pots filled with flowers. Has a “family-run” feel to it. If you don’t need something fancy and big, consider this place. And they give gift cards for breakfast at a Dunkun Donuts across the street. Would come back here in a heart-beat if visiting Newport again.
"Cute place!"
08/05/15 Heidi U Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
What an adorable place! Room was spacious -- you walk in to a little sitting area and then up into the room. Smelled of smoke even though it was nonsmoking. :( Across the parking lot is a grassy area with a couple tables to sit and a flower garden. We had our puppy run around as it's right off a busy street and knew she wouldn't run away. The guy who checked us in was friendly -- gave us a map and things to do when we arrived. A few minute walk away is a nice ice cream place so we got a yummy milkshake. We then did the cliff walk in Newport and saw some mansions -- not too far away!
"Great!"
08/02/15 ronfitz Las Cruces, New Mexico
If you don't need 24 hour concierge and room service but want charm and value this is the place to stay on all of Aquidneck Island! It might not be on the water (but it's a straight shot to get to the beaches) but the fact that Frosty Freeze is right across the street adds a +10 during the summer months!! A European feel in a motor court experience!
"Did the job!"
07/17/15 travisturner Munich, Germany
Nice, unassuming little motel, tucked about 10 minutes away from the mansions, wharfs, and shopping districts of Newport. Staff was exceedingly courteous, rooms were pretty big. The double bed room had a separate little room by the door with a sofa and refrigerator. The king size bed room had a larger bathroom but no extra room - did have two nice sitting chairs, a fridge and a desk. TV is cox cable on modest flat screen. Hey, I paid about $60/night/per room and that included $5 duncan donut g/certificates for each person, each day. Wifi was free, a little weak, but my daughter managed. Not the Ritz but not complaining. Clean and dandy.
"It was a place to sleep"
07/11/15 eagleterry Lincoln, Nebraska
Not anywhere near the top of our list of motels we stayed in during our three-week trip, maybe near the bottom. It was an old, in need of repair motel. The room was big, but that is about the only good part. Oh, it did have a frig and microwave, but no breakfast...we got Dunkin Donuts gift cards.
"What a pleasant little surprise"
10/12/14 Stephanie Y Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I booked a last minute overnight at the Inn, in order to attend a Newport Polo match. It was reasonably priced, yet it looked a bit old from the pictures. When we arrived, I seriously had detective tv show flashes. It looked like a motel straight out of crime scene, meaning small L-shaped motel, with the front entrances facing the parking lot. Yet when we checked in, the sweet woman at the desk handed me a brown paper bag with a cute note on it, along with two Dunking Donuts gift cards (one around the corner). Inside the little bag was bottled water, fruit, and some small munchies. For a small inn, it was such a cute gesture. Well I was pleasantly surprised by the room. From the outside I was expecting something more outdated. Yet inside, everything looked up to date and up-kept. The flooring, bathroom tiles, furniture, TV, all looked up to date and adorable. Thumbs up!
"A good value in a pricey area with few modest options"
10/07/14 249larryj
We just wrapped up a NE road trip of 2 weeks to see the vaunted fall colors ("leaf peepers"). This inn fell into the category that we pursued of "best value, clean, and a good comfortable bed, and near the center of our location interest." That usually amounts to older 50's motels that have been updated and have a motivated and active management component. This place while appearing tired outside, had new king beds with good linen and good housekeeping efforts. We don't put a lot of value on spending a lot of time inside our lodging..we just want a good nights rest in a clean atmosphere. The wifi was good, tv a flat screen but small but adequate. the bathroom classic 50's tile and good sized shower...refrig ok...would have liked an in-room coffee maker....a very accomodating effort by the personnel. We had 2 rooms for 4 nights (being joined by 2 rotating sets of relatives.) They were all very happy with the bang for the buck!
"Great room for the money!"
10/01/14 tmflyaway Boston, Massachusetts
I was going to Newport to see a friends band. The hotels are expensive, I found this on Hotels.com. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean & comfortable. The reception was so friendly. It was approx 3 miles to downtown, so we took a taxi for $9.