All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
3005 Alhambra St, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Drift Hotel"
The Drift Hotel was listed as a Bed and Breakfast. Boxed cereal, some kind of fruit and coffee. The people that ran the hotel were wonderful. The room was very nice.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Leo
"Beautiful relaxing boutique Hotel."
It's a boutique hotel walking distance from beach tower. It was very nice and clean. Quit, and the price was very good as well. Definitely staying here again. The have complimentary breakfast wich is great.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great location to the beach and bars"
The hotel was very clean and nice. Location was perfect! Regina and AL were great hosts. My only concern was that my fiance and I felt we were Constantly being watched. They're on top of everything which is a good thing for the hotel but made us feel a bit uncomfortable. "I'm always watching you Wazalski, always watching" - Monsters Inc. This was our inside joke lol. Otherwise our stay was great and location even better. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our Friends.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
This hotel was wonderful! The location was perfect....a short walk to the beach and many restaurants, bars, etc...The hotel itself was a gem. Cute, comfortable, beautiful courtyard and a nice breakfast. And Regina and Al were amazing hosts. They took care of every need; they were kind and solicitous. I really loved this hotel and can't wait to come back for another getaway soon. Thanks Regina and Al!!
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Victoria
"Highly Recommend"
This place is in a great location, just a stones throw from the beach and shops, restaurants. But still peaceful, room was a good size and very comfortable. it was very hot weather so the air conditioning was working over time and a wee bit noisy at night, but we highly recommend The Drift !!
3 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Graham
Amazing little place will stay there every time I go to ft.lauderdale....
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Ian
"Great place, great staff, beautiful garden"
Regina and Al are wonderful, the hotel is quiet, peaceful with a very well maintained garden. It's at a walking distance from the beach and restaurants. The hotel breakfast is good too, it includes bread, muffins, yogurt, fruits, cereal bars, coffee, tea etc. We had room 12 and it was nice, bright and and clean. Al and Regina do everything to make your stay a great one and it works!
4 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Sybile
"Nice Little Hideaway"
Rooms are small and dated but very clean. Location is great for walking to restaurants and the beach. Regina & Al who oversee the operations are very nice. We would stay here again for sure!
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Hidden Gem!"
I was a little hesitant to not stay at a big chain hotel for my trip, but I am so glad I read the reviews and went with The Drift! Regina and Al are fantastic! The location is everything: right across the beach and a 5 min walk from the strip. They provided chairs and beach towels for us. The hotel is so quiet at night so you get a good night's rest! It's a 20 min ride from the airport and 10 min from las olas/downtown. Several great places to eat and drink around here, but away from the craziness of the strip. Bathroom is a little small, but as someone who travels to Europe and lived in NY this was not a deal-breaker for me. The courtyard is beautiful to sit and work or eat breakfast or just relax.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Lydia
"WELCOME TO HOTEL BOOT-CAMP! CIGAR SMOKERS BEWARE!"
Started out great very happy to get away for the weekend. But in the morning I woke up went outside and got yelled at by the staff lady like if I was a little kid because she said SOMEONE saw me smoking a cigar in the terrace and that she specifically told me that smoking was only allowed in the smoking section behind the building. I explained to the lady," MAM I am 47 yrs old with 5 children I know the rules and you don't have to yell or treat me like a child and embarrass me in front of other patrons of the hotel"..And I told her I will write this in my review! Very unprofessional and discomforting to have such a staff member. By the way that's it as far as staff her and another guy. At the beginning when you check in it's like checking in at a military base. She told us not to expect much from the staff and to keep our rooms neat. NO ICE NO PHONE NO SERVICE All I wondered was were are the owners? The place itself is nice for a getaway but I felt very uncomfortable with the military treatment!
Response by The Drift Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. it comments like yours that ensure we continue to improve our customer service. It was not our intent to make you unhappy with your stay at the Drift Hotel. And in your case we missed the mark. Smoking on the property is not permitted except in the designated smoking area in the back of the hotel, away from guests and other rooms. As it is a older hotel we are very aware of smoking of any kind due to fire ,safety and consideration of other guests and the affect smoke may have on them.The overwhelming majority of our guests do not smoke. And the smoking of a cigar, 15- 20 feet from other rooms and guests could raise furthers issues for us. As i have enjoyed the odd cigar in may time, i wish we could have been clearer about the smoking section, which is a lovely spot at the hotel - with a great view and comfy chairs. Thank you for your business and please accept my apology if we offended you in any way. I am also sorry i was away during your stay but i was on a much needed vacation after our busy season. Best reguards chris
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Sebastian Beach prime location"
We chose this hotel so that we could be within walking distance of Sebastian Beach (which is only a block away). Al and Regina took exceptional care of us for the night. Superb service. We loved that the hotel lets you use beach chairs and beach towels for the day.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"A gem of a find!"
A wonderful hotel that I was so lucky to find. It was very tastefully decorated, clean and inviting, and close to the beach for sunning & swimming in the warm waters. The owners and staff were very nice and accommodating and the complementary breakfast was really nice. I would highly recommend the Drift Hotel for a stay in Fort Lauderdale.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Denise
"Drift Hotel"
The Drift Hotel was great! Great location, close to the beach,restaurants, and bars, but still far away enough that it's quiet. Free parking which was a huge plus. They offered free towels, beach chairs, water, and coffee at all times. Their breakfast options in the morning included cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee, and more. It was perfect to eat before heading out. All in all, a wonderful place to stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Regina and Al were accommodating and great!"
Great place to stay! The staff is great, the location is perfect, a block away from the beach and the king suite is cozy and feels like home. Overall great place to stay!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Great little hotel by the beach!"
Love this little hotel. We stayed for one night in April before our flight to Jamaica the next day. Great rate in comparison to other nearby hotels. This little hotel is at a great location just a few steps from the beach, shopping, restaurants, and bars. Very clean and beautiful property and very nice owners. This was our first time in FL and had a great experience at the Drift Hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
Mariska
"Friendly staff, great location"
We stayed here after a cruise to make better connections on the way home. Without a car, the location close to the beach, water taxi access, and lots of resturaunt choices was ideal. The room was small but recently renovated and well maintained. The staff was extremely helpful. They accommodated early check-in and late check-out, and even provided beach towels, chairs, and an umbrella.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Must stay!!"
We couldn't be happier with our stay! Regina and Al were beyond helpful and welcoming. We would return to Ft. Lauderdale just to stay with them again. Well done!!! It has such a cozy feel to it and is super quiet but right in the middle of the action. If you are tired of the regular chain hotels and want something with a unique charm. This is the place!!
4 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
"Our three night stay at the Drift Hotel"
The bed was very uncomfortable. Too small, too soft, pillows too big, too high off the floor. That was the smallest Queen bed we ever were in! There was only one towel rack and the sink was too small. No place for your toiletries! However, the breakfast was good, nice selection, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
PETER
"Clean, quaint hotel with attentive staff"
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms had been recently renovated and were very clean. The hotel is close to the beach and area restaurants. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Fort Lauderdale.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Suzanne
"Try the Drift!"
A great place to stay and avoid the crush and cost of larger hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area... close enough to everything that you won't feel out of the loop, though. Clean, quiet, and comfortable. I'd definitely go back, if I were in Ft. Lauderdale again!
3 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"A small gem in Fort Lauderdale"
Great location, great price, great hotel! We are not fans of huge resort hotels and found the Drift Hotel to be perfect. One short block from the beach and you are away from the insanity of Spring Break crowds. It has a great courtyard for relaxing or enjoying the free breakfast. They also provide towels and chairs to bring to the beach. The staff is great too.
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Peaceful hotel"
Quite atmosphere in an excellent location. A 2 minute walk to beach, they provide chairs and beach towels, a big plus. Good restaurants near and water taxi easily accessible. Staff friendly and very helpful with anything you may need. Courtyard is peaceful.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Lynne
"The Drift Hotel"
Would come to this hotel again, clean, great staff
4 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Most enjoyable stay."
Beautiful, quaint hotel near beach, restaurants and shops. Owners were very personable and accommodating. Continental breakfast in courtyard was better than any bigger chain hotel. Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
joseph
"Love this Place!"
My husband and I stayed one night. We came arrived early from the airport. Since our room was being cleaned, they offered to let us leave our luggage in the office and go out to get lunch. We were also allowed to leave our luggage in an unused room after our check out, until we were ready to get a taxi to the cruise ship. They staff is friendly and very accommodating. The decor of this place is so relaxing and cool. The patio area has several bistro table sets in a shaded tropical setting. Our room was very clean. We were allowed to use their beach towels and chairs for free when we went to the beach. This hotel is one block from the beach and restaurants and few blocks from the intercostal waterway. It's location is a big plus! We will return to the Drift Hotel on our next visit to Ft. Lauderdale.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Judi
"Perfect gem"
Beautiful hotel right next to beach. Al and Regina were winderful, they always were ready to help with anything I need. I will def be returning to this hotel. Quiet , clean with an amazing staff and prices are affordable!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
born traveler
"Great location and staff"
The location is terrific - half a block to beach. The rooms have been renovated and are nice. The bathroom floors need to be redone. There is a nice quiet courtyard with chairs and sofas for relaxing. Breakfast is continental - nothing special. They could use some hot dishes like instant oatmeal or waffles. The coffee machine is a plus. The staff could not be more helpful. They were always available to fill any need. There is an storage room for luggage and for a last shower after you have checked out. That was helpful, since we had a late flight. They even provided large towels for the beach and sand chairs.
5 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Our stay at The Drift"
Everything about the hotel in terms of cleanliness, appeal of room & location to the beach was perfect for us! The rooms are on the smaller side but still really cute & perfect for the two of us. The only downside to my stay was the service. I stopped in early to figure out how check in will work since I had trouble with the phone number listed & was questioned about 1) my age (even though I was handing my license over to be copied) and 2) if I was there for Spring Break as it's not a "Spring Break Hotel". Not a huge deal, but as a paying guest who is there for a relaxing stay, I appreciate being treated with the same respect & friendliness all other guests are granted.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Nice. Close to beach."
This Hotel was nice, but small room. We only had three plug- ins in the whole room,with one being in the bath.Also,I am a very early riser and found it disturbing not to be able to get a cup of coffee until 8:00. Another thing would be nice is to have a microwave SOMEWHERE..Maybe a pop machine available SD well.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
D and L
"It's the STAFF that make the experience"
Lovely older property that is in excellent condition. Renovations are obvious, but some things like the in-wall air conditioners you just cannot 'update.' The property managers live on premise, and they are the loveliest couple. Regina and Al accommodated our requests, and even volunteered an umbrella when we needed to go out in the pouring rain (we left home in a snow storm, an umbrella was not in our baggage :-) ) Location is A+ - right next to the Ritz, convenient to all the beach front shopping, restaurants, etc. The property caters to adults - we were told under 25 don't rent a room there! We will stay again when we cruise next year.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"GET AWAY WEEKEND"
THIS VINTAGE HOTEL WAS PERFECT! WE WERE TRAVELING FROM PALM BEACH TO MIAMI, AND THE DRIFT IN FT.LAUDERDALE HIT THE SPOT. SUPER COOL KING ROOM ON THE 2ND FLOOR, A MINI APT. COOL & CLEAN. REGINNA HELPED US WITH CHECK IN, AFTER FRESHING UP WE HEADED OUT TO DINNER AT OUTBACK, AND A QUICK DRIVE DOWN LOS OLIS BLVD, COCKTAILS AT THE MAI TAI WAS A TIKI TREAT. CLICKED ON THE WALL AIR CON. AND DRIFTED AWAY ON THE HUGE KING BED. WAIKING REFRESHED SUNDAY A.M. WE STROLLED ON THE BEACH, THEN DINED IN THE COURTYARD WITH A BREAKFAST OF COFFEE,JUICES, YOGURT, DANISH, & CEREAL. NO RUSH HERE, CHATTING WITH FELLOW TRAVELERS WHO ALSO FOUND THIS HIDE-A-WAY! THE DRIFT FEELS LIKE A TRUE VINTAGE HOTEL FROM 1940, BUT STOCKED WITH A MODERN VIBE. WE WILL MAKE THIS OUR HOTEL AGAIN, ON OUR NEXT VISIT TO LAUDERDALE.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
SAM
"cute comfortable boutique hotel"
great location and very comfortable rooms
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Hidden gem near the beach"
Stayed 1 night before leaving on a cruise. Clean, comfortable beds, good continental breakfast. Nice courtyard for relaxing. Close to beach, shopping and great restaurants. Excellent customer service. Provided extension cord for medical equipment. Free parking.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Beverly
"Awesome find!"
The hotel staff made us feel very welcome and especially Regina and Al were fantastic.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Best location"
Great small hotel in excellent location 1block to the main beach. Very close to restaurNts and shops-no car needed. Owners and staff we welcoming and very helpful. Peaceful courtyard was a plus. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"I love this hotel."
Really cute place. Super location and steps to the beach.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Hotel close to Beach and pre-cruise shopping"
We relaxed here for two nights whilst getting ready to cruise. Small boutique hotel-just far enough from main strip to be quiet, but close enough to walk to beach, restaurants and shopping. Great to purchase those items you need but can't carry on the plane. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was adequate with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, coffee and tea. Just right for us. We will definitely use again when in Ft Lauderdale. Thanks Al!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
SingingWeaver
The pictures on the site do not do this hotel justice. It is much prettier in person. There is a beautiful courtyard area with plants and couches to sit on during the day or night and just relax. They also did a wonderful job on decorating the rooms. I would be remiss not to mention the exuberant hosts AL and Regina who made me feel very welcome. This is a great place to spend a few nightso and definitely a great value.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
The hotel was really beautiful. The rooms were a little small but that's expected on the beach. The service was exceptional.
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Nicholas
"My new favorite hotel in Ft Lauderdale"
Everything from the warm welcome from the owners to the super clean and inviting rooms to the free daily breakfast mad you feel at home. This is going to be my go-to hotel frm now on.
"Nice small hotel. Very clean and quaint!"
This Hotel is a gem in the middle of a busy area. Very relaxing. A very short walk to the beach. Clean and personable. Unique!
Judy
"Perfect place and nicest staff"
I NEVER write reviews because I am too lazy, but this time I really have to. The bottom line: go to this Drift, you will not regret, in particular if you are a couple and in love :) The hotel is great, and the location perfect, but the owners and staff are those making the place so unique. They were extremely nice and eager to help with everything and made us feel so comfortable. We are very strict VEGANS and they researched places for us, we wanted a lighter to light candles, and the owner drove at 10pm to the hotel (they don't live there) to assist us. Apparently, it's a fire hazard so we could not do it, but we still appreciated him coming all the way. We loved everything about this place and hope to return in the future.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Just what we needed."
Our room was large and very comfortable. Extremely clean. It is an older property so there is no elevator. Very quiet location. Free WiFi in courtyard only. Beach chairs & towels provided - beach is a short walk away. Staff extremely friendly & helpful. Will definitely book this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
This hotel is newly renovated. The grounds are kept very well. Excellent courtyard style seating and outdoor tables. The rooms are cozy and the staff is extremely pleasant and friendly. One thing is there is no in room safe or interior chain safety lock on the front door. The bathroom could have used a little more updating but despite this it was fairly clean.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Lovely hotel close to the beach"
Came to Ft. Lauderdale for a long weekend and found the Drift Hotel to be a clean, and curtious place to stay. The Drift Hotel is a bed and breakfast style hotel with clean rooms and a nice central courtyard. I've been to many of the other larger beachfront hotels on my other trips here, but the friendliness of Regina and Al is something that was more heartfelt than I've experienced at the larger hotels. There are some ammenities that are not available here which could be found at the larger hotels, but with the beach a block away and plenty of resturants within walking range, the Drift Hotel was the perfect choice for my trip.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Sweet Spot!"
Dont get confused about all the negative reviews - The Drift Hotel was completely renovated in 2014, the bad reviews are probably for the former Gigis Hotel! We stayed a couple of nights at the Drift and had a wonderful time. Everything was new and tidy, comfortable bed, cable TV, a fridge, small but nice bathroom, beautiful furniture and a wooden floor. The housekeepers Al and Regina are very charming and always helpful. Breakfast was from 8 to 9.30 in the romantic court, you get starbucks coffee, muffins, cornflakes, juice etc. The location is simply awesome! The beach is a two minute walk away, a water-taxi station is nearby, and after a ten minute walk you are in the middle of Fort Lauderdales nightlife. We wish we could have stayed longer at the Drift!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
K&K
"Osis Drift Hotel"
This hotel is a little oasis within a nice courtyard, where we would have our breakfast sitting out in the courtyard. Nice beautiful decorated room with wood floor and cinder blocks in the closet. No swimming pool, but only steps across street to the Ft. Lauderdale Beach/Park. The management staff is very accommodating to our needs.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Sylvia
"Excellent Stay"
Staff was very helpful, accommodating, and warm with us for the entire stay. The location was perfect- a 2 or 3 minute walk to the beach and ocean front restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is small and cozy, with a nice, private outdoor seating area. The rooms were tidy and well kept. It was a great deal for the price. Reginal and Al were hospital and always happy to provide. We would certainly recommend and return for another stay at this hotel.
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Cvetko
"Good potential"
Nicely renovated, amateur management/staff, need interior deadbolts in rooms
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"more than what was expected"
The place is great if you are looking for a cozy place to sleep and relax, from the reviews I read I was kind of nervous thinking it was going to be dingy, but it was not, the bed comfortable, and the room smelt fresh, there is not many amenities offered there is coffee and bagels in the morning which is great to get the day started but the beach is right down the street a three minute walk and shops and restaurants a 10 minute walk, it was a nice hotel and I would recommend it and would stay again.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014