All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

"Heads up...Hotel sign not easily seen from road."
My only complaint was that since the hotel was set far back from the road, and you're unable to even see it from the road, that there was only a very small sign amongst other larger store/mall signs at the intersection/driveway area, which outgoing traffic happened to block the tiny sign. So after driving up and down the street quite a few times and then having to stop at the intersection light and luck out by not having outgoing traffic blockage, I was finally able to see the tiny sign and follow the subsequent tiny signs through the mall parking lot leading up to the hotel entrance. Other than that, once you find your way to it, it is a beautiful hotel and I would definitely stay there again now that I know where it is! Or maybe try arriving when it's dark, you might be able to see the illumination from the tiny sign better than in the daylight!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Clean, comfortable, but a few issues."
Great hotel, tucked behind the main road. It truly is hidden! My wife and I stayed here before, and remembered it was clean and comfortable, however this time it was a little noisy due to sports teams staying on same floor. We had an issue with the fridge not working, and I called the front desk and was told nobody was there to take care of the issue, but we could keep our food in "their" fridge. It was Friday night around 10pm. Really? Nobody on staff at that hour that could take care of it? Other than that, it was good.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Timothy
"Great value, great hotel!"
The hotel is beautiful, rooms are clean and well maintened. The complimentary breakfast was terrific and most of the staff was friendly. I was not pleased with the women who checked me in. The credit I had booked my room with was compromised and canceled by my provider, and I had not received my new card yet. On your site I had selected to pay at the hotel. Upon check she informed me it was impossible for her to take a new credit card to pay for my room. After a 20 minute wait on hold with hotels.com I discovered this was not the case. When I went back to the desk to take care of my bill and explain to the women what hotels.com told me her response your card please! She needs to be aware of the policies and needed to at least apologize.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Consistent"
The chain is very consistent. Hotel staff was very pleasant
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Worth Searching For"
Glad I read the reviews stating this place was difficult to find, or I would have been overly frustrated. Located off of what appears to be an access road for trucks delivering to Target, it is tucked into an out of the way clump of trees which at least made it quiet. Very helpful staff. Excellent room. Would stay there again, though prices are a bit higher than most hotels in that area.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Would stay again"
Clean and cozy
2 night business trip May 31, 2015
Stefanie
"Quiet location, great staff."
Great location, one quirk is that it's tucked away behind the target and not right off the highway. It dies help with nois cancelation. It was clean and comfortable and when I checked in sarah, the front desk associate, was great.
2 night business trip May 25, 2015
Ryan
"Wonderful experience"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was spotless. The beds were extremely comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Margaret
"Spring Break stay"
My family stayed in two rooms. The rooms were very nice and the pool was lovely although not large. The refrigerators in the rooms weren't very cold but management came out and fixed them for us. The manager also came by to make sure that everything was okay with our rooms. Excellent service. We really enjoyed our stay
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Kathy- Thank you for your 4 Star review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your refrigerator did not work properly upon check in but I am very pleased to hear that the problem was resolved immediately and that you were able to enjoy your stay.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Everything was fine, but I was just not a fan"
This was my first time at Marriot's Spring Hill Suites. Although, the room and the staff were fine, I just didn't care for the hotel. The way the room was set up seemed discombobulated, and the color scheme was cheesy. The room served its purpose, but I was glad to only be staying one night.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Tom- Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest comments about our decor and color scheme. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest again soon.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Last-minute girl's getaway"
The hotel is set way back behind Target and if you don't know what you're looking for, you won't find it. There are signs that point the way but they're so small, you'll miss them. The room was quiet and I was surprised there was a tiny kitchenette. Also wasn't expecting a fold-out couch. The pool was really small but we had it to ourselves for an hour so that was nice. Breakfast was good. There's a waffle maker, fresh fruit, cereal. The only problem we had was that there was no possible way to close the room door quietly. No matter how hard I tried to close it quietly so as not to disturb others, it closed with a very loud click. I'm thinking we might stay here next time we're in the area instead of one of the two other hotels we usually stay in.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Colleen - Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our All-Suite layout which includes a kitchenette and fold-out couch in each room. We look forward to welcoming back as a guest again soon.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Colleen
"Pretty good"
Ironing board had cover that was not functional
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 4 Star review of your recent stay with us. We also appreciate you informing us about the ironing board cover which has since been replaced. We look forward to your next stay with us.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"One night stay for a Grand Rapids wedding"
Nice, clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. Would stay again.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 4 Star review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean comfortable hotel during your recent trip to Grand Rapids for a wedding.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay!"
Wonderful place to stay! Great staff and very close to the airport.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are glad that our kind staff and convenient airport location were exactly what you were looking for.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Very helpful staff, delicious breakfast, clean pool and spa, the only complaint was that the carpet needed to be vacuumed in our room.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 5 Star review of your recent stay with us . We look forward to welcoming you back as aguest again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, AND THE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Holland"
Room was quite comfortable and spacious; very clean.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our spacious, comfortable rooms. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Janice
"Good place"
Clean, nice room. Good place! Breakfast was okay, but eggs and sausage were dry and overdone.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Joseph - Thank you for your 5 Star review of your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Comfortable night away"
Always a nice stay
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Kimberly - We are so glad to hear that you chose to stay with us once again and glad to learn that it was a comfortable night away.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Kimberly
"comfortable resting place"
Stayed here for family get-together very near by. Also a great loction for airport. We find the suite concept more comfortable when traveling with multiple family members- like a place to sit, kitchenette. Breakfast nothing to brag about, but was free and can use kitchenette with Meijer right across the street.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Judy- Thank you for your 4 star review of your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that you were able to enjoy the amenities that our all suite property was able to provide you and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
judy
Overall, I was satisfied. The room was nice. The price was pretty reasonable and I definitely liked that there were stores and places to eat nearby. Also, close to the e-way.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 4 star review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient location.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"quick stay"
freindly staff
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the friendly staff.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Comfortable Modern Hotel with Friendly Staff"
This is probably my favorite non-destination hotel to stay at because of the general setup of the rooms & lobby area. I love how all rooms are in the style of suites so you know that you will get a spacious room whatever type you choose.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and what it offers our guests. We look forward to your return trip to our hotel.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Room was very large and well laid out. Location was behind a retail complex and car had a hard time finding it. Had to call hotel for directions. Would definately stay there again
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
I am sorry you had difficulty finding our hotel but I am glad that the staff was able to guide you to us. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your return visit.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Highly recommend"
Have stayed at different Springhill Suites in different states and I am never disappointed. Very clean, friendly and comfortable. The breakfast was also good. Would highly recommend staying here.This hotel is in an industrial park but it is close to the airport and you have a large selection of stores right at the end of the street.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Sheri- We want to thank you for your loyalty to not only Marriott, but to the SpringHill Suites brand. We are glad to learn that our hotel lives up to the high Marriott standards.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Sheri
"Wedding Visit"
Close to airport, very nice condition, large room with nice sitting and TV viewing area. Very comfortable bed, excellent shower. Quiet, excellent stay.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
L- We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at our newly renovated hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest again soon.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
L
"QUIET LOCATION"
BED WAS NOT AS COMFORTABLE AS I LIKE. HOTEL WAS VERY NICE AND I WOULD STAY AGAIN. VERY CLEAN AND BREAKFAST WAS GOOD. A LITTLE HARD TO FIND BUT HAD NO PROBLEMS.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
John - Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that your bed was not as comfortable as you had expected. We are working to identify and replace any beds that are providing any discomfort to our guests.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
JOHN
"Nice Weekend Respite"
Courteous front desk, plenty of parking, nice breakfast included, wifi, etc. All good.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Paul - Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to hear that the staff was courteous and that you were able to enjoy our numerous complimentary amenities.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Wonderful Revisit"
Overall a great experience! The staff were kind and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and I loved the jetted tub! I wish we could have stayed longer and experience more of the hotel services such as the pool and gym. Areas of improvement: Although the room was clean there were a few areas, behind nightstands and such, that could use some attention. Breakfast:I would have liked the breakfast to include waffles and soy milk. However the spread was large and its obvious that they tried to include items to accommodate the dietary needs of their guests. This is the third time I have booked at a Springhill Marriott and I've enjoyed my stay at each one. Keep up the good work!
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Krystle- Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you have stayed with us 3 times already and look forward to your 4th!
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
Krystle
"Woderfull Hotel"
It Was Nice. Tht People Was Friendly and the Hotel is very Nice and Clean.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Juan - Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean comfortable suites. We look forward to see you again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Juan
"Crib and Carpet is dirty"
I brough crib for my baby. but I can't use that crib because that is too dirty.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Jaegger – Cleanliness is of utmost importance to our entire staff and we work every day to provide a clean, comfortable hotel for our guests and I am sorry to learn that you received anything less than that. I hope we have the opportunity to have you as a guest again so you can experience everything our hotel has to offer.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Great option for our family of 5"
My husband, our 3 young boys, and I stayed at the Grand Rapids airport location of Springhill Suites and were very satisfied with our stay. The room was clean and spacious with two closets (suitcases out of the way), two comfortable queen beds and pull out couch (worked well for our 10 year old), fridge/sink/cupboard space, and desk. The pool was small (but we were mostly alone swimming on a Wed/Thu night stay) but clean and just the right depth for our kids. The only suggestions we would make would be tile that is less slippery in the pool area (not a quick fix though, I realize), a rug outside the pool area to keep the slick-as-glass tile floor dry, but mostly to extend the complimentary breakfast time. An end time of 9am was really early for our family. Overall a great hotel and we will happily choose it again whenever we return to Grand Rapids!
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Honest opinions such as yours allow us to identify areas that we can improve our customer service. I am truly sorry that you encountered problems during your stay but I want you to know that I am working on ways to resolve any issues regarding our pool to ensure that similar problems do not happen in the future. I am glad however that you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Lisa P.
"Great plqce once you find it."
Having a 28th St address was most misleading. Thank goodness for GPS. Otherwise it was a great stay. Really appreciated using the indoor dining area when it was too cold to be outside. Will stay there again.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and although you had some trouble finding our hotel initially you were able to locate us and enjoy everything we have to offer.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Cynthia
"Most comfortable bed!"
What more can you ask of a hotel? Great breakfast, clean room, etc. The best part of this place? The bed is SOOOO comfortable! Definitely will return.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Hotel Manager"
When we travel we always look for a Marriott first, then adjust from there. Great location. Comfortable / Clean rooms. Great breakfast buffet. We encountered some problems but the Hotel Manager went above and beyond to rectify the issues. I recommend the hotel.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Your kind comments have been shared with the staff. We look forward to having you stay with again in the future. I am glad to learn that although you experienced a problem during your stay a member of management was able to assist you and rectify the problem to your satisfaction. We look forward to the next time you stay with us.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
Rodney
It's a little bit hard to find, but we had a good stay.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
A very comfortable and relaxing visit. The staff was very nice rooms were very clean.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Feedback such as yours is essential in helping us provide the customer service that each guest deserves. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
D. Williams
"updated hotel"
I enjoyed the 2 nights that we spent. Quiet and easy access to outside shops and restaurants
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Pleasing room, some details left unmanaged"
We really love springhill suites - we have stayed quite a few times in other sprinhill suites. The staff at the grand rapids location was friendly and the grounds were so well kept. However, there were many stains on the carpet including many in the elevator and stairwells. The maintenance staff could clean up stairwells as there were little pieces of trash left all weekend on the the stairs. The room was well kept and we loved the view of the pond. The decor in these rooms is very relaxing and pleasing. The refrigerators make this high pitch hum that is really irritating. Overall, we were pleased with our experience, but we will probably stay at the other location in Grand Rapids in the future.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Honest opinions such as yours allow us to identify areas that we can improve our customer service. Since your stay we have steam cleaned the carpet in the entire hotel and will continue to do so on a routine basis to ensure a clean environment for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back here as a guest again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Very nice for $"
Very pleased with hotel. For the price couldn't get much better! Pool was a little cold for toddler. Bedding for pack and play would have been nice.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Lindsay, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5-star review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You'll be happy to hear that the appropriate departments have been notified of your concerns and are working on a solution. We hope to see you back in the Grand Rapids area again soon! -SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport SE
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
"Quality and clean accomodation"
Very clean, spacious, modern design. Great breakfast with hot items. Helpful staff. A bit hard to find - try finding Target first, then take a small road behind. Once you find it you will appreciate its remoteness and be able get a restful stay with no traffic noise. We really liked it.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Pawel, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a 5-star review! We're so happy to hear that you liked our hotel so much! Also, We appreciate you leaving a tip for future guests on how to get here. We are tucked back here, but once you arrive at the hotel you would never guess it's on such a busy street! We hope to see you in the Grand Rapids area again soon! -SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Pawel
"Great experience"
This is a great place to stay. Everything was outstanding! From check in to the complementary breakfast! The only issue was that there are no signs to direct you to the hotel from the main road. The hotel cannot be seen from the main road 28th street.
3 night trip May 22, 2014
"Liked this Layout"
We've probably stayed at a dozen or more SpringHill Suites and I have to say that I liked the layout of this one a little better. It seemed like we had a little bit more room in the room itself and the lobby area with the little bar seemed to have more space as well. We didn't partake in the bar, but could see that many (what looked like) business travelers were on both nights. The waffle maker wasn't working (sniffle), but I don't take any points away for that as not all hotels have them.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
dpcobra, We're happy to hear that you liked the layout of our rooms and lobby. You will be happy to hear our waffle maker is working again so you can enjoy a nice breakfast on your next visit. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a 5-star review and hope to see you in the Grand Rapids area soon!
2 night trip Mar 24, 2014
dpcobra
"Best Hotel We Ever Stayed In"
This was the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in. We had a double bed sized room that was simply AMAZING! We enjoyed the separated living area and mini wet bar - complete with sink! The only down side was the pool was small and the hot tub was extremely hot - hotter than usual hot tubs. My husband enjoyed the exercise room. The continental breakfast offered a range of items. We will definitely stay here again!!
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Firman Family, We are so happy to hear you've enjoyed our hotel! We apologize for any inconvenience our pool and hot tub may have caused you. You'll be happy to hear that since your stay our maintenance is checking the pool and hot tub daily to assure it is up to guest and hotel standards. Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5-Star review and we are looking forward to your next visit!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Firman Family
"nice"
Tucked back behind some retail stores but nice.
2 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Good hotel"
Clean, modern, comfortable hotel room.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your review! We did recently remodel to give our hotel more of a modern look, we are happy you noticed! Hope to see you the next time you are in the area!!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"New Year's Eve Stay"
Room was large and clean. Staff was very pleasant. The breakfast buffet had a wonderful variety and well kept.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 5-star review and for taking the time out to tell us about your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hot continental breakfast and our staff. Hope to see you soon!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"Very Nice Hotel"
This is a great hotel, very clean and I really like the layout of the rooms. Would definitely stay there again when in town.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your 5 star review. We recently remodeled our rooms so we are pleased to hear you enjoyed them. Hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Renee
only suggestionn is to offer thinner pillows. got a crick in my neck.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for your five-star review. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our pillows, we have different options for pillows. Hopefully if you come back to visit we can accommodate you better. Hope to see you soon!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Cindy
The first night we stayed the floor above us was rather noisy, probably the college students who were staying there for a sporting event. Other than that I have no complaints, it is a very nice hotel. Breakfast is okay nothing special.
Response by SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast
Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble with the floor above you, hopefully you will come see us again and we can get you on the top floor!
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013