All hotels in Newport News, Virginia, United States of America
500 Operations Dr, Newport News, VA, 23602, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Best Western Newport News"
The hotel is convenient to Thomas Jefferson Laboratory, Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown National Park.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Carl
"Not so Good"
While the front desk ladies were excellent, they really went above and beyond with their helpfulness, the hotel room was below par. The shower had a leak; the paint was peeling; room was musky; beds were hard; and breakfast was bland. Serious updates need to be done. Location ok for eatery and shopping.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
Jae
"Nice hotel stay- kids disappointed pool was closed"
We really enjoyed our stay and room was very comfortable. Unfortunately pool was closed due to rain throwing off the chemicals resulting in a green hue. Kids were quite disappointed. Would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Newport News/Norfolk/Williamsburg area.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Ken
"No Maintenance Guy but we have a PLUNGER???!!!"
When we checked-in, the staff was nice and in fact, I spoke to Karan, one of the hotel staff, when we made our reservation and he was very nice and helpful booking an additional room for us. However, the following morning, the shower was clogged up and so does the toilet. So my husband called front desk to fix the problem and we weren't expecting for an answer like ''we don't have an available maintenance but we have a plunger that you can use for the toilet"? That was the first time we heard a hotel without a maintenance guy around on a weekend and expecting a customer to work on your clogged toilet???!!! Since we booked 2 rooms, so we ended up using the other bathroom. And worse, the turntable of the microwave oven was not working probably because that was a replacement and was not the right fit for that particular unit. Lastly, the mini fridge is not working very well.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"very clean"
the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. although we only stayed one night i would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
NIta
The hotel was good, the staff was delightful. The pillows could have been better.
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Friendly"
Staff was friendly and made you feel comfortable. Breakfast was better than expected.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Pauline
"Close to where I needed to be. Busch Gardens"
The staff was super friendly, and the breakfast buffet was really delicious.
Other trip May 30, 2014
This was a nice hotel. Not a lot of amenities, but it was worth the money we paid. Don't know if I would have stayed here if we had not booked with Expedia and rec'd a good discount.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Mostly Satisfactory"
The pillows on the bed were not firm enough for my comfort but overall the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The complimentary breakfast was not impressive.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
MD
Housekeeping was very rude about cleaning my room. Left out the room @ 12pm they were four rooms down from mines, returned @ 4pm room still haven't been clean yet was around 5pm before they finally got too it! Hotel was very nice but was very disappointed how nasty the pool look. Guess services was wonderful, two ladies who worked evening & night shift were respectful & well manner to my family we definitely be back again.
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Picking up CNU Student"
I booked this hotel because of its proximity to CNU, and because of the free breakfast. It was about average in most respects. What stood out were the negatives. The front desk attendant seemed pleased that she was out of ethernet cords. Also, one of the waste baskets did not have a trash bag in it. Booking through Hotels.com had some disadvantages as far as convenience goes. For example, when I wanted to purchase a water from the lobby convenience area, I had to purchase it separately instead of charging it to my room. It's a small thing, but inconvenient. One item that virtually all hotels can improve on is lighting. It would be handy to have a small night light in the sink area to make waking up in the middle of the night less of an obstacle course.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"Convenient location next to the mall and the Fort"
The rooms were large and had all the amenities. Breakfast was filling and started the day right.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
DrB
"close to highway"
room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good for my kids.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"great place, far better than I expected!"
The room was lovely. There was a microwave, refrigerator , a list of places to order food from. The mall is across the street. Great place!
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
vonnie
Overall, better than good. However, the Hotels.com web site incorrectly shows Free Airport Shuttle, but there is no shuttle. So subtract $10 from a contesting rate that offers a shuttle, to get comparable rate? Breakfast was on the low end of Continental. Staff very nice. Property well maintained.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Just OK"
Room was large and relatively comfortable but on the dirty side. It seemed the cleaning crew spends more time folding the bath towels into swans than actually cleaning.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"East Coast"
I was so disappointed in my stay here. Not the cleanest room for sure. Stains on the curtains and the floor was far from clean. The hot water ...there was none. The TV was held together by wire and I had to use things around the room and from my suitcase to prop it up so it didn't fall forward. The heating system was either so hot or so cold in there. Never a constant temp. The staff was very nice is all I can say positive for this place.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Nice hotel, updated and close to stores."
Very comfortable bed. The bed had lots of pillows and towels. The TV had lots of my favorite channels, NOT the usual std 4 or 5, a news station and sports. The furniture looked new. The also had outlets for my phone, Kindle etc.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Silkie
"Close to shopping and area sights"
I enjoyed the time spent here and will return sometime in the future.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Close to mall and great restaurants"
the location of the hotel was nice..great breakfast display..nice front desk staff..the only thing that bothered me about this stay was housekeeping never came by to clean, i had to call dwnstairs to get clean towels even once i got them there were spots on the towels and wash cloths
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Price was right. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
"Quick one night stay"
The hotels location is great. The price is good. The only complaint was that the hallways smelled of extreme smoke. The may want to start having a non smoking floor so those of who do not smoke wont have to smell it.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Good and bad"
The hotel clerk was friendly. The room was bigger than I expected. It was very quiet, no outside noise on a Saturday night. BUT there was a roach on the microwave/fridge area and there were five long black hairs in the sink. The beds were extremely comfortable, though, it was hard to get up in the morning.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Excellent location and wonderful service"
No complaints on this stay! The room was clean, the staff was wonderful and it was located near lots of restaurants and shopping! We'll be staying here again!!!
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Micha
Overall nice stay. The hotel was in a good location, not too far from Fort Eustis. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
The hotel was nice, only thing is that smoking and non smoking rooms are all in the same level. So it would stink of cigarettes in the hall way. Other than that it was good. Breakfast was great, fresh waffles!
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"nice hotel close to dining and shops"
we like the hotel room and the convience to the store and dining. breakfast was good, access to the outside pool by the stairwell was also very convienent. very clean, friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Ok tom stay in for your money"
I went there with members from a group home. The first rooms we had smelled like smoke! The bathroom was gross, it had a smell like someone used it and left it for days. The front desk lady did change our rooms and the floor we were on and it was 100% better. The fold out sofa was very uncomfortable and broken but everything else was fine. The location of the hotel was very convenient to food and Busch Gardens. You can tell by the people it is cost efficient tom stay there. The breakfast was pretty bad. We will not stay there again...
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2013
Ronnette
"Excellent stay"
Very nice hotel. Clean. Comfortable. Good neighborhood, a lot of restaurants. Would recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
"very nice hotel, close to Fort Eustis"
Our son is currently stationed at Fort Eustis and we were looking for a hotel that was close to the base and was a great place to stay that wouldn't break the bank. Best Western was a perfect fit for us and we plan to use this hotel again in the future! It is so close to so many things, VA Beach, the Outer Banks, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, VA Living Museum, Busch Gardens, all places that we are hoping to get to see while our son is stationed at the base.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Nice, clean and friendly hotel"
Clean room and friendly staff! Workout room and pool were nice to have
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Very convenient to everything!"
I will be back to stay here again!
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"Very close to shopping and restaurants"
The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and courteous. The only negative experience I had was the wireless internet kept dropping the connection (using only 1 device). That's it! The overall stay was very nice. I will stay again and I will tell family and friends about the Best Western Plus in Newport News, VA!
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
TK
"Very nice stay"
Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Nice vicinity to places of interest."
I had a nice tie at the hotel except for a few mishaps. Amenities were in good condition and contributes to a pleasant stay; pool, gym, hot tub, breakfast... Cleaners unfortunately does not understand English and therefore did not clean my room as requested. Even after reporting the receptionist who asked me to place the garbage and dirty towels in the hallway, the garbage can wasn't returned.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Titi
"Clean and friendly"
Nice stay. Breakfast in the morning needed more tables. Every morning there was not enough room to sit and enjoy breakfast.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
scott
This hotel was just okay - nothing special. We were happy to stay on the 1st floor instead of having to deal with a slow elevator. I was disappointed that there was something wrong with the hot tub in the pool area - the water looked disgusting. I could have used the hot tub for my sore back caused by the not so great bed in the hotel room. We also never got to take advantage of the free breakfast because they closed it down at 9:30 am - most hotels that offer the free breakfast keep it open til at least 10:30 - who wants to get up early on vacation? Good location - nice staff - mediocre hotel.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
Dawn V
"Needs More Work"
Disappointing service and breakfast.
6 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
"Trip To VA Beach"
Quick 30 min ride to VA Beach. Great stay. Breakfast was ok. Overall b+
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
D
"Never again"
We booked this room to sleep 6, as we were a party of 6. I had to go to the front desk to request additional linens and towels to accomidate all of us. The staff member was kind enough to hand me all the items. I also requested a crib none was provided so another trip down to the desk. Again I was given the items. One may ask why I went to the desk directly...our phone didn't work. The beds very uncomfortable, mold in the bathroom, and the sheets were dirty just to name a few things.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Janell
The staff were friendly, helpful. The only complaint was even though it was a non smoking room, it smelled like smoke along with what seem like housekeeping trying to cover it up with tons of air fresher. So it was hard to breath a little, if they weren't completely booked I would of requested another room. The room was clean though, not a clean a I would of had liked but decent. Wish the breakfast area wa bigger, tons of people crammed into a small space trying to eat was not fun. Good deal price wise, got 2 double beds plus sofa bed, which worked out or how many kids we ha with us.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
jessica
The room was clean, but the elevator and lobby smelled of smoke.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"Diamond in the rough!"
Hotels in Newport News, VA are a hit or miss. However, this hotel looks and feels like it's been updated recently. Clean, comfortable, and staff was great. The best part is that the hotel is set back behind a Best Buy and Costco on one side, some woods, and a bank. Therefore, there's less noise, and a lot of privacy when you're at the pool. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
SurfFisher
"good value"
It was okay. Hardworking staff - always pleasant and accomodating.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Good quality hotel"
It was a very pleasant stay thanks staff a nice stay
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Very large room with nice size bathroom."
My wife and I had a great experience at this hotel. We stated 3 days and found the hotel to be in a convenient location to the Jamestown Settlement, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. It also was not far from Virginia Beach. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful. I asked for advice on best place to get a seafood dinner. He new the area well and gave great recommendations. The room was much larger than expected and we could not have asked for more. Out of the 4 hotels we stayed at on our vacation, this hotel was the best. We did not use the pool or hot tube, but they looked clean. The hotel is in walking distance of food and shopping, but we traveled more than 2 miles to get to good locally owned eating joints. Also I would add that my room would great for a couple, but would also be great for business travelers. The room was divided into a sleeping area and a visiting area with couch, chair, coffee table, and desk with office chair.
Other trip May 27, 2013
The rooms close to the front desk are noisy and need to be sound proofed
Other trip May 21, 2013
Donnie
"Passing thru town"
A late night, last minute decision to stop. Front desk clerk was very nice and helpful as we arrived before the booking from Expedia arrived. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was adequate.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Just right!"
The hotel was reasonable and clean. Happy to see it had been recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. 24 hour coffee was also a bonus.
2 night trip May 3, 2013