All hotels in Newport News, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here500 Operations Dr, Newport News, VA, 23602, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Price was right. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2013
"Quick one night stay"
The hotels location is great. The price is good. The only complaint was that the hallways smelled of extreme smoke. The may want to start having a non smoking floor so those of who do not smoke wont have to smell it.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Good and bad"
The hotel clerk was friendly. The room was bigger than I expected. It was very quiet, no outside noise on a Saturday night. BUT there was a roach on the microwave/fridge area and there were five long black hairs in the sink. The beds were extremely comfortable, though, it was hard to get up in the morning.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Excellent location and wonderful service"
No complaints on this stay! The room was clean, the staff was wonderful and it was located near lots of restaurants and shopping! We'll be staying here again!!!
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Micha
Overall nice stay. The hotel was in a good location, not too far from Fort Eustis. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
The hotel was nice, only thing is that smoking and non smoking rooms are all in the same level. So it would stink of cigarettes in the hall way. Other than that it was good. Breakfast was great, fresh waffles!
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
"nice hotel close to dining and shops"
we like the hotel room and the convience to the store and dining. breakfast was good, access to the outside pool by the stairwell was also very convienent. very clean, friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Ok tom stay in for your money"
I went there with members from a group home. The first rooms we had smelled like smoke! The bathroom was gross, it had a smell like someone used it and left it for days. The front desk lady did change our rooms and the floor we were on and it was 100% better. The fold out sofa was very uncomfortable and broken but everything else was fine. The location of the hotel was very convenient to food and Busch Gardens. You can tell by the people it is cost efficient tom stay there. The breakfast was pretty bad. We will not stay there again...
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2013
Ronnette
"Excellent stay"
Very nice hotel. Clean. Comfortable. Good neighborhood, a lot of restaurants. Would recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
"very nice hotel, close to Fort Eustis"
Our son is currently stationed at Fort Eustis and we were looking for a hotel that was close to the base and was a great place to stay that wouldn't break the bank. Best Western was a perfect fit for us and we plan to use this hotel again in the future! It is so close to so many things, VA Beach, the Outer Banks, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, VA Living Museum, Busch Gardens, all places that we are hoping to get to see while our son is stationed at the base.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Nice, clean and friendly hotel"
Clean room and friendly staff! Workout room and pool were nice to have
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Very convenient to everything!"
I will be back to stay here again!
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"Very close to shopping and restaurants"
The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and courteous. The only negative experience I had was the wireless internet kept dropping the connection (using only 1 device). That's it! The overall stay was very nice. I will stay again and I will tell family and friends about the Best Western Plus in Newport News, VA!
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
TK
"Very nice stay"
Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Nice vicinity to places of interest."
I had a nice tie at the hotel except for a few mishaps. Amenities were in good condition and contributes to a pleasant stay; pool, gym, hot tub, breakfast... Cleaners unfortunately does not understand English and therefore did not clean my room as requested. Even after reporting the receptionist who asked me to place the garbage and dirty towels in the hallway, the garbage can wasn't returned.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Titi
"Clean and friendly"
Nice stay. Breakfast in the morning needed more tables. Every morning there was not enough room to sit and enjoy breakfast.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
scott
This hotel was just okay - nothing special. We were happy to stay on the 1st floor instead of having to deal with a slow elevator. I was disappointed that there was something wrong with the hot tub in the pool area - the water looked disgusting. I could have used the hot tub for my sore back caused by the not so great bed in the hotel room. We also never got to take advantage of the free breakfast because they closed it down at 9:30 am - most hotels that offer the free breakfast keep it open til at least 10:30 - who wants to get up early on vacation? Good location - nice staff - mediocre hotel.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
Dawn V
"Needs More Work"
Disappointing service and breakfast.
6 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
"Trip To VA Beach"
Quick 30 min ride to VA Beach. Great stay. Breakfast was ok. Overall b+
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
D
"Never again"
We booked this room to sleep 6, as we were a party of 6. I had to go to the front desk to request additional linens and towels to accomidate all of us. The staff member was kind enough to hand me all the items. I also requested a crib none was provided so another trip down to the desk. Again I was given the items. One may ask why I went to the desk directly...our phone didn't work. The beds very uncomfortable, mold in the bathroom, and the sheets were dirty just to name a few things.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Janell
The staff were friendly, helpful. The only complaint was even though it was a non smoking room, it smelled like smoke along with what seem like housekeeping trying to cover it up with tons of air fresher. So it was hard to breath a little, if they weren't completely booked I would of requested another room. The room was clean though, not a clean a I would of had liked but decent. Wish the breakfast area wa bigger, tons of people crammed into a small space trying to eat was not fun. Good deal price wise, got 2 double beds plus sofa bed, which worked out or how many kids we ha with us.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
jessica
The room was clean, but the elevator and lobby smelled of smoke.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"Diamond in the rough!"
Hotels in Newport News, VA are a hit or miss. However, this hotel looks and feels like it's been updated recently. Clean, comfortable, and staff was great. The best part is that the hotel is set back behind a Best Buy and Costco on one side, some woods, and a bank. Therefore, there's less noise, and a lot of privacy when you're at the pool. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
SurfFisher
"good value"
It was okay. Hardworking staff - always pleasant and accomodating.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Good quality hotel"
It was a very pleasant stay thanks staff a nice stay
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Very large room with nice size bathroom."
My wife and I had a great experience at this hotel. We stated 3 days and found the hotel to be in a convenient location to the Jamestown Settlement, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. It also was not far from Virginia Beach. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful. I asked for advice on best place to get a seafood dinner. He new the area well and gave great recommendations. The room was much larger than expected and we could not have asked for more. Out of the 4 hotels we stayed at on our vacation, this hotel was the best. We did not use the pool or hot tube, but they looked clean. The hotel is in walking distance of food and shopping, but we traveled more than 2 miles to get to good locally owned eating joints. Also I would add that my room would great for a couple, but would also be great for business travelers. The room was divided into a sleeping area and a visiting area with couch, chair, coffee table, and desk with office chair.
Other trip May 27, 2013
The rooms close to the front desk are noisy and need to be sound proofed
Other trip May 21, 2013
Donnie
"Passing thru town"
A late night, last minute decision to stop. Front desk clerk was very nice and helpful as we arrived before the booking from Expedia arrived. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was adequate.
Other trip May 7, 2013
"Just right!"
The hotel was reasonable and clean. Happy to see it had been recently renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. 24 hour coffee was also a bonus.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Nicole
"Blech."
The room and hotel were relatively clean, but that was the best part of it. The person that checked me in wasn't rude, but wasn't friendly in the least. He was yelling to the construction people across the room most of the time. The room was pretty cramped, and the bathroom was like a cave. The lighting was horrific. There were no sheets for the sofa bed, and when we called down to ask about it, the front desk said, "I have some down here for you to get." Really?? So my husband went down in pajamas to get sheets that didn't fit the horrible torn up mattress for the sofa bed. The hotel "pool" was more like a specimen tank. There was no way that pool has been in use in the past couple of years. It was disgusting and wasn't covered so it was also a hazard. The breakfast shouldn't be called food. I think the cereal was the only thing that wasn't stale. We were very happy that we were only staying there for one night. I will say that the person that checked me out was VERY polite and friendly. Definitely the kind of person that should be working the front desk. The area wasn't horrible, lots of restaurants to chose from. They were doing some construction at the hotel so maybe when that's done it will be a better experience.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
Wendy
"none"
noisy AC for heating. Very thin blankets not enough for cold night.
Other trip Feb 14, 2013
"good place to crash near the airport"
good place to crash near the airport. Lots of great food is nearby, not near any tourist attractions, but thats ok. Probably not the cheapest in the area, but its ok. Bring your own quarters if you plan on doing laundry.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2013
Melissa from the front was just so helpful and welcoming. She' salways on the ball doing something, always with a smile on her face. We travel a lot and this was so nice to see. Other man, who I later learned was the owner, was glaringly not interested in anyone and every time for the 6 days we stayed there, was on the computer and made no eye contact. Suggestion is do his work in the back so he doesn't appear so disinterested in people.
6 night trip Nov 26, 2012
mary
"Safe, clean, kind of musty though"
This was a safe hotel in a safe area, which is one of the first things I always look for in a hotel. It was clean and I felt comfortable enough in the room. However, my room on the third floor smelled very musty. I had to open the window each time I entered the room to air it out. I don't know if there was a recent bathroom flood, or if that floor had a mildew/mold problem or something, but it was definitely noticeable. I also visited another room on the third floor and it smelled the same ... so I don't know if the whole third floor smells musty or not. Aside from that, it was a decent hotel.
3 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"Don't stay there!"
This was my worst hotel stay ever. I requested a non-smoking room; so I was placed on a floor that was "half-smoking and half-non-smoking." The smoke permeated throughout the floor and while my room was smoke-free, the smell was awful. When I asked for another room on a non-smoking floor, I was told that they could not accomodate us. The "suite" was not a suite at all but one room with a chair and a sleep sofa. I checked out of the hotel early and stayed across the street at another hotel.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2012
It was what it was. Chain hotel with paper thin walls, nothing special.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2012
Jake
"For the price....ok hotel"
The location of the hotel is great...it's withing walking distance of "The Melting Pot", "Applebees" as well as the mall, however overall, the hotel quality is fair. I do have to say for the price it is "ok" overall. Would I stay there again? Probably not.
Other trip Nov 7, 2012
"Good bargain"
Good bargain. A little dated but clean. Two night stay visiting niece at college. Close to mall restaurants & college.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012
"Fits the Bill"
Good location, good value. The breakfasts were somewhat mundane. Seems to cater mostly to work crews.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2012
"Hotel Guest"
I went through EXPEDIA to book two rooms (non-smoking) for the weekend. When we arrived at the hotel, we found that some unknown person cancelled the second room. The lady on duty tried to find a second room and all she could come up with was a smoking room. We declined the second room. I contacted EXPEDIA and they showed two rooms booked under my name, I was given a refund for the second room. As for the room itself it did have a slight odor of cigarette smoke, The shower curtain rod was broken but other than that the room was ok.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
Ima Customer
"Not what I expected from Best Western"
Not very good; Won't be back
2 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"Great birthday celebration"
Traveled to Newport News to attend "Family Weekend" event at CNU and celebrate kids birthdays with friends 10/6 - 10/8. Hotel suite was very accommodating and easy to locate. Short drive to Busch Gardens where we enjoyed Howl - O -Scream and roller coaster rides for birthday celebration. Knowing that we would return to a nice quiet hotel after a fun filled day at Busch Gardens was calming and reassuring to us all.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"Modest rates in a good hotel in an interesting ar"
The only complaint is that the room (Rm 314) had a very unpleasant odor, very much like stale tobacco, although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Other than that, all was fine.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
"graduation of granddaughter from Fort Eustis"
This was a nice and friendly staff. Wonderful night after our night at a motel 6 in West Virginia.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
The hotel was clean and staff was very nice would stay again.
5 night business trip Sep 9, 2012
Hood
"Not the best but not the worst."
The hotel where I usually stay in Newport News was sold out so I used Expedia to find a comparable rate at a hotel in a safe location within a reasonable distance from my daughter's university. While the location was just off of a major thoroughfare, it was stuck behind a trucking company and across from a strip mall that is partially being torn down. Check in was accomplished in less than 2 minutes and I was given a room on the 3rd floor. I was also given instructions on how to operate the air conditioning system. The hallway was quiet, however there was an odor of stale cigarette smoke the entire length of the hallway even though the rooms were designated non-smoking. I opened the door to my room and was overpowered by a stale cigarette odor. There were long black hairs on the floor of the bathroom beside the tub which also evidence of mildew in the corners of the tub wall enclosure. The towels were dingy and also smelled musty. The commode was clean. The door to my room did not lock well as the strike plate on the door frame was damaged as if there had been forced entry. This did not allow for the dead bolt to be deployed. I was traveling alone and wanted to secure my door completely. The front desk representative came to the room and said that the door was secure and that there were no other rooms where I could be moved. I spent the weekend with a chair in front of the door for safety. Television was broken. POSITIVES: Quiet, great bed, sitting area in room excellent.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Pleasant and Friendly Stay at Best Western Plus"
We were there for a family reunion, and while most of our relatives stayed at the Marriot at City Center we found that the Best Western Plus offered us all the amenities of a nice hotel and breakfast. The breakfast was huge plus because we were traveling with small children.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2012
IDA B FABULOUS
"Family Vacation"
Hotel was in a good location to stores and restaurants.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
Great location, clean rooms, friendly service
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2012
Lori
I thought that the stay could have been better. We were told breakfast was until 10 am and the food was packed away by 9:30 am. In addition, our toilet didn't work all that well, housekeeping kept busting in and our late check-out wasn't late.
3 night trip Jun 14, 2012