All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
1118 Ursulines Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70116, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Food is all right
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Nice guest house near French Quarter"
We booked the guest house for a short weekend break in Nola. Its proximity to the French Quarter was the main reason for choosing this hotel and it had parking at reasonable rates. The room was very nice , the staff were friendly and helpful and a continental breakfast was included in the price.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Stu
"funky in a very friendly way. Wifi is kinda weak"
Hotel staff is great/ Refreshingly non-instutional lodging. across the street from the edge of the french quarter, which is a plus because the street is quieter at night. Very cool and aromatic interior courtyard. kitty meandering among the blossoms. Very LGBT friendly. Weak wifi, but a fifteen minute walk to downtown library with great access m-sat.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Funky, friendly place."
I arrived at the New Orlean's Guest House later in the night than expected, but there was a friendly staff member to greet me and show me around. The room I had was clean and comfortable. The carpet was a bit worn and old as well as the bathroom fixtures. The bathtub and fixtures looked clean, but a little need of an update. I slept well and enjoyed sitting out on the patio for breakfast. I had coffee, juice, an apple, muffin and yogurt. I enjoyed the sculptures and character of the courtyard. I wish that some of the patio cushions were a little cleaner in appearance. I really enjoyed the staff member who was there in the morning. He was very helpful in giving me insight to the city and made my introduction to the city a positive one.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Dawn
"Hotel badly needs upgrading"
The staff were as nice as you could get. However, the structure of the building needs tending to. The room smelled damp and musty. The lamp switch was out of its socket. The plugs were not positioned well so that in the bathroom you couldn't plug in your curling iron, dryer, etc because the mirror was too close to the plug. You could hear the man snoring in the next room, and every conversation in the hallway. The walls were in desperate need of a paint job. The breakfast was lacking given all the tasty pastries one can find in New Orleans, having store bought processed pastries was disappointing.
4 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Robin
"Room #4"
The room is by the outdoor patio and we could hear everyone's coversations late at night and early in the morning
The staff there are super friendly and the rooms are decent!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Not what we expected"
This facility needed much repair and an in-depth cleaning. The staff was wonderful, but didn't make up for the disrepair.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
barbara
"This could be an amazing place."
The bright pink vintage hotel is 1 block from the French Quarter so the location can't be beat. We love old places and have found some gems. Unfortunately this wasn't one of them. Our room had dirty linens, a dirty carpet, a broken lamp which will cause a fire some day, and a shower that alternated at will from ice cold to scalding. We used the room heater and "froze" through the night. The court yard where a continental breakfast was offered had rotting stair risers to the uneven decking, and uneven paving stones. We so wanted to find a treasure. We could see the possibilities, but this was so lacking.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
barbara
We had a comfortable and fun stay at this authentic, quaint French Quarter hideaway. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great location for anything Quarter-related. If you're looking for something a little more culturally rich than your run-of-the-mill industrialized hotel choices (that is also reasonably priced for its location), give the Guest House a shot!
1 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"Awesome customer service, quaint clean inn"
Outstanding service
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
Glenn
"Unique!"
This place is more interesting than your average hotel. Very ornamental and unique. Great location! Very close to Bourbon street. The staff was great and recommended a great lesser known place to eat and catch open mic night.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"If you are drunk, you might not notice."
This hotel is clean and quiet...but the furniture inside your room is second handed and does not work. The mattress waextremely hard, the sheets old and thin. Also, while close to the French Quarter, not in a safe area. Pay $50 more and stayed someplace better!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Lala
"Yes it's old but I love old"
I have no complaints about this place. We stayed 2 nights during Mardi Gras and we we're able to leave our car parked and walk everywhere. We both rested great and enjoyed everything about this place.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
fenders
"Guest house near French Quarter"
The guest house, although near the French Quarter, is in a rough part of town. Many signs up in nearby residences saying only to walk in groups for your own safety. The guest house needs upgrading, carpets were very dirty. The room we stayed in had a washroom with a toilet seat that had cracked and peeling paint, and was disgusting. The breakfast was in the courtyard-potential to be very nice, but in need of maintenance. The pastries were at least one day old. Glasses for water were very dusty, had to wash them ourselves before we could use them. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Kooky fun stay"
This pace is so cute! It is not a fancy place- don't expect a normal hotel stay. This was more like going to stay with your kooky Great Aunt. Everything is old and/or antique in the place, but our room was very clean. They serve breakfast in the large courtyard where there is an outdoor kitchen. The staff is SUPER friendly ad helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Value Hotel"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt like this hotel offered excellent value - price vs location vs hotel style and condition. Room was clean and AC and heater working well. They mentioned some renovations coming soon, which will help with the aesthetics. The location is a short walk from Bourbon street and we never saw any suspicious activity, even late in the evening. I would stay again if needing to stick to a budget.
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
Nick
"New Orleans Guest House Room 10 disappointment"
It was the perfect location for visiting the French Quarter..we arrived late, the last roomers so we got the worst room..rug was very worn notvacuumed, wallpaper split and cracked in spots, bathroom light over sink and shower vent not working..wifi only available at the front guest lobby... new keys hard to work in the old door locks...all this .place needs Iis a little better maintenance side and out..On the plus side..decent breakfast, free street parking(firstcome first serve)..AND the location right on tne northedge of the quarter.perfect walking distance for the money!..yes..I would stay here again, BUT NOT room 10!.
3 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Gordon
"Pretty in pink in New Orleans Guest House"
Lovely, quaint character filled accommodation. Staff are very special from front of house to the house keepers. They are friendly, helpful and full of local information. Always willing to help. Guest house is in the ideal location about a 10 min walk from Jackson Square where all the action is. Nice and quiet after a busy day or night out, but close enough as to be not to far. My room was lovely and spacious. My thanks to Russell, Wendy, Miss Janice and Miss Dora
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Stella
"excellent"
Great stay for me and the pup!
1 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"Walking distance to the French quarter"
The people are friendly and helpful, the room we stayed in was clean, but tiny. The inn had nice character, and its fairly inexpensive, but the walls are paper thin. Could hear every conversation at the desk. Next time will spend a bit more and hopefully be more comfortable overall.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
It was a very nice experience. The staff made our stay delightful!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"just as good the second time"
Awesome!!! Second time staying, can't wait to plan our third!!!
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Canova
"Charming hotel close to Bourbon St"
Old New Orleans feel in this charming hotel several blocks away from Bourbon St. Great price for the location. Friendly and warm staff greeted us and took their time to answer our questions. The courtyard behind the hotel wa levy for breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"Lovely NOLA guest house"
We had a wonderful stay. We were able to park our car safely. Our room was lovely. But the people running this hotel are just the BEST. We wanted to stay longer than we had booked and this hotel was booked out. Phillip and Wendy who run the hotel helped us find a room. It was so kind of them. We would have been all stressed but they took care of us. We are thankful. Can't wait to return. It's an older hotel with charm.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
brendan
"a beautiful getaway"
It was wonderful!!! Don't let the outside fool you!! Warm and quaint and friendly with the old feel of New Orleans!!!! :)
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Canova
"No"
was supposed to have a queen bed was given a full size for a 6'5" 300 lb man and his fiancé. Parking ended up scratching my vehicle because of the craned space that cost $20 a night. Unclean condition and a tv as small as my lap top. Over priced for this period and might return if priced at $59 an night not $200.+
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Gee
"Great time in New Orleans"
Great little getaway :-)
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Nneka
"Would not stay here again"
Overall room was very small and cramped. No Internet service. Was informed not safe to walk after dark. Charged for parking but not liable for damages in behind secured gate. 5 cats roaming hotel and grounds. Breakfast was outdoors, kinda cold for Dec. Garden could use some upkeep.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Joanne
"Ursaline Guest House New Orleans"
Phillip & the B & B staff were great & I had a wonderful Christmas getaway in NOLA!!! The location was ideal for exploring ...
3 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Judy
"great service, old building"
Great staff who is more then willing to accommodate. Great location on the edge of the French Quarter. Pet friendly is a big plus.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient to the French Quarter"
Staff were all very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast in the courtyard, and appreciated use of the desktop and printer.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Liz
"Not for me"
We booked two rooms and both were run down in need of repair. Black mold on inside of shower door, rotten base board molding, old mattresses. Carpet old dirty feeling. The pictures make it look way better. The outdoor area has some charm but needs lots of TLC.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"NOLA Guest House"
I enjoyed the hotel after staying at a more commercial one prior to this stay. The facility is charming. An outdoor patio and courtyard is where one can have a bite to eat. There is a refrigerator and tables and a sofa for smokers out there too. There is no phone in the room I was in, but I was one door down from the reception which is 24 hours. Everyone at the desk was helpful, whether that was getting directions to a car rental place or advice on how to be safe at night while walking alone. I would certainly return. The refrigerator needed wiping out as did the microwave, but I had detergent in my bag so I just cleaned my space so I could make a salad. There are cats, so if there are allergies. . . . I like cats and they scattered when I came out the guest house which is locked all the time. I that there is parking on the premises too.
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Quaint little place"
Pleasantly surprise. It was excellent for the price. Older hotel (1848 I think), with a real New Orleans feel. It has an outside courtyard in the back where breakfast was served. (Bagels.croissants, fruit,coffee/tea). It was wonderful just sitting out there relaxing. Room was nice, clean. No complaints. enjoyed the stay. Only downside was finding parking. we checked in on a Sunday, so it wasn't too bad. They do have secured parking for an additional $20.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
camille
"YES to the Guest House! ;)))"
Great place! Close to the French Quarter. Wonderful people. Philip at the front desk was unbelievable! We will remember him the most. For the first time ever we've met such a helpful, funny and super nice hotel manager! Thank you Guest House !!!!
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Close to all attractions"
Walking distance to French Quarter, Bourbon street
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Don't do it!"
We will post pictures. They say it all. The room was in horrible condition. Mold, holes in the wall...
jacque d
Hotel is very old and nothing fancy, however the staff is extremely nice and helpful and really make your trip to New Orleans as fun as possible.
"NE Guest House"
Looks from outside are deceiving. Rooms are so outdated and need of upgrades. Mattress uncomfortable and had metal frame sticking out that we both bumped into and cut our legs. Closets were so old they creaked and we difficult to open and shut. Hotell was very noisy as you could hear people coughing at front desk and hear conversations. Staff were nice though. I could not recommend at all.
MN NE Guest Hs
"NOLA Guest House"
It was a great experience! Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, a basic hotel breakfast provided every morning, location was easy to get to the Quater or Frenchmen's or Louis Armstrong park or other fun in the Treme. Free parking was convenient! It's a great value for the price!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"PERFECT FOR US!"
Phillip at the front desk could not have been any more helpful!!!!!! The hotel was wonderful, but then, my husband and I do love small hotels. If you are accustomed to luxurious hotels don't stay here. But for us, this was PERFECT! With service that went above and beyond! We will be back... and yes... things go bump in the night :)
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Jack
"Hidden solitude just outside the French Quarter"
We loved the very private courtyard, with a cafe'feel and ripe banana's to pick for snacking. Great location, walking distance to everything we wanted to do. The staff was wonderful, will stay again next time we are in New Orleans.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Toni
"Nice boutique hotel"
We had a nice stay at the NO Guest House. While the hotel could use an updating the staff was great to meet all of our expectations and needs. Everyone was very friendly the front desk offered great advice for out of the way places to eat and things to do. We would definately go back.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
shinerfrog
"Great for a night in NO"
This NEw Orleans Guest House is located perfectly in Treme. Walking around the neighborhood is a delight. Then venturing out a bit farther gets you to the French Quarter. Accommodations are quaint. We liked it.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Very old, musty, dirty. Some staff were nice, but others not as helpful.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good Place with awesome paying options"
Mattress needs updating larger TV other than that Great place
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
michael
really enjoyed ourstay looking forward to booking the hotel again have specific room we would like
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
sherry
"NOLA Weekend Getaway"
Great place for a weekend getaway to NOLA. Staff are super friendly. The best thing about this place is that they are pet friendly, which most places in NOLA are not.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Hilda
"Not Someplace You Want To Spend Much Time In."
The room we were in had a slope in the floor going from the bedroom to the sink area. We tripped going up several times and then I fell going down and landed on face. The maid, made the bed and left two clean towels, two washcloths, one hand towel. No clean up whatsoever. Same dirt on the floor that was there when we arrived was still there when we left. The third day the maid left two towels two wash cloths and all the dirty wash cloths and towels from the previous day in the same place as they were when we left for the day and didn't even bother to empty trash cans. Would I ever stay there or recommend it to someone...No, absolutely not!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Cool"
If all you want is a room in NOLA and don't want to spend a lot of money, it's perfect. Very nice staff and very helpful
Other trip Sep 25, 2014