All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereKm. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, BCS 23450, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Room advertised was not provided"
Others may have an enjoyable experience here but ours was seriously impacted by our experience upon arrival. We booked our room at a rate of almost $600/night (including taxes and fees) over two months in advance. However, when we arrived we were shown to a ground floor, handicapped room. If this just meant extra grab bars in the bathrooms it wouldn't have been a huge problem but since we are all very tall with two of us being seniors, having all counters (kitchen and baths) with counter heights just above knee level, created serious discomfort for all. We asked for a different room and were denied. We offered to pay more if another room could be provided. No luck. We asked if we could be moved on another date and they said no. We did keep up the pressure on the second day and they finally offered us another room on the far side of the hotel. It was fine. I appreciate that mistakes happen although this seems inexcusable. What I don't understand is how they couldn't be sympathetic, offer an apology, and assure us that as soon as another room opened we would be given it. We shouldn't be forced to demand another room and have to almost create a disturbance to get the right outcome.
5 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Hotel was clean but not super comfortable. They did not provide bottled water in the room and there was construction going on which was very loud. The all inclusive was not cost effective given the prices of the food and drinks.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
jackue
"Great beach hotel"
Pristine grounds, immaculate rooms, fantastic beach, attentive friendly staff. You will have guest privileges at the other 2 sister resorts. We found this one to be the most quiet of the 3. Walk into town isn't too bad. We did not do all-inclusive (Cabo has so many really great restaurants, get out and enjoy them!). We got a cab to Walmart to buy water and other essentials (breakfast items,fruit and wine). Costco is nearby too.
4 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Incompetent reservation staff"
The hotel ran my credit card for incidentals 2 days prior to my arrival. When the credit card was denied because I had yet to notify my bank I would be traveling to Mexico, the hotel cancelled my reservation. Neither Expedia nor I were notified and upon my arrival in Mexico I was then informed that my room reservation had been cancelled by them. I recommend making sure to confirm your reservation directly with the hotel several times prior to your arrival.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Justin
"Nice hotel but it's somewhat of a racket."
Arrived and was given two double beds instead of king and was told that they were overbooked and they were transferring guest to Palmar the sister hotel which btw is not anywhere as nice as Villa Del Arco. I was told they would refund my money instead of trying to help me. The staff seems to be taught how to say no and shut you down instead of providing good service. Food overall was decent and alcohol was good but service was slow. Not anywhere near five star I would rate this hotel because of their service issues a 3.5 at best.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Beds very uncomfortable however staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great place to stay in Cabo"
Going to a new hotel can always be hit or miss. This one was a HUGE hit. From the first welcome to the last goodbye, the staff were fantastic. The location is perfect - short walk downtown or quick cab ride ... either way, perfectly located to fully enjoy all that Cabo has to offer.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice hotel ...all inclusive is awesome."
Hotel location is perfect and next to the beach. All water activities are on the beach. The staff is polite and always helpful. Don't forget to buy all inclusive package..it is value for money. Time share is downer and waste of time...unless you have all the time or interested in buying one. Although you almost get 50% off on all your activities if you attend one...you have to evaluate what is important for you? time or money!!!..This is the best vacation I had in long time. We explored dolphin swim and parasailing... It was a once in a lifetime experience.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Awesome Christmas vacation!"
Had a great time in Cabo, Villa Del Arco is a beautiful resort with great helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
cortez
"Luxury"
The resort was beautiful and the staff could not have been any more friendly and helpful from the time we arrived. The spa was wonderful and relaxing. I had a manicure and my husband had a pedicure for the first time and was impressed with the staff and how clean the facility was. The pool was a relaxing oasis with the 2 pools. One was like bath water while the other one was cooler for those that prefer water colder. The hot tubs were located all around the resort for those that wanted a more private experience. Having the market on the property was not only convenient by trolley or a short walk. The restaurant's were awesome not only with the meal selections, but the seaside atmosphere enhanced our dining experience
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Great stay! Highly recommended. Wonderful location. Staff was terrific. Beach was swimable.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"nice hotel and nice beach"
A Villa group concierge phoned from US a week prior to departure wanting to know if we required transport from airport to hotel and return back to airport upon our departure, which we did. Gave her credit card details, but upon arrival no transport. Telephoned her at least 5 times leaving messages but no response. Hotel staff also tried to contact her with no response. No transport arranged by her for return journey to airport so ended up paying extra for return cab ourselves.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
wally
"Outstanding Ocean Front Villa Resort"
Villa del Arco provides a relaxing and visually stunning location for a family vacation right on the Sea of Cortez by Land's End. Various water sports and beach activities are available right in front of the hotel. The swimming pools and hot tubs are numerous while the rooms are beautifully appointed and spacious. The service is friendly, prompt and courteous. The timeshare pressure is minimal. Close to shopping and downtown activities as well. If you want a relaxing, enjoyable and quiet stay in Cabo look no farther than Villa del Arco!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
AC
"Worth every Peso!"
Two families tootling 16 people. Ages 14-58 with something to do for everyone. Great service, facilities and location. All 16 in our group would stay here again.
5 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Dennis
"Great all inclusive!"
Rarely have I gone to an all inclusive property and enjoyed the food and service. This hotel was a clear exception. The service was excellent and attentive to my needs, and the food was very good overall. Despite the recent hurricane the property was in great condition and fully operational. Great spot for a trip to cabo given proximity to downtown.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
WC
"Cabo Vacation"
The hotel allows only a walk down the stairs to the very swimmable ocean which is great. On the beach there is covered seating and food and drink service; your best bet is to order on your way down, otherwise you may or may not ever get service. On the beach you will be consistently harassed by the vendors selling shirts, hats, bracelets, etc. It's not fault to the hotel, but boy oh boy does this get annoying fast. As for food and drinks, we went with the all inclusive package based on reviews stating that w/o out the special bracket, the service was lacking. We can not comment on that, but we can say the convenience of the package is diminished when you must wait for the bill and sign for everything. Also the price paid means you have to eat and drink a lot to break even. The quality of service was not bad, but nothing stellar. However, the majority of the staff were extremely friendly and aimed to please. The quality of food was lacking and made us wish we instead did not pay for the all inclusive and instead ventured down the beck or into town to try other dinning options. Two elevators were broke with no signs indicating they were not functional. There is free Wi-Fi in the hospitality suite that was fast. However to receive the free Wi-Fi, we sat through a horrible time share pitch. Overall, the weather was incredible, the staff was very nice, the room was clean, and beer was cold.
4 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"The worst place to stay"
it was the worst experience ever, the elevator was broken, we had to hike up 5 stories in the heat. they advertise kids club but there was none. all restaurants are outdoors, it is impossible to eat in that heat and humidity. even though we had all inclusive, we had to sing a receipt every time. oh and let's not forget this hotel is timeshare so from 7 in the morning they are walking over 200 people around. these people sign up only to get free stuff... the free stuff are the things you and I paid for like the restaurant long lines. if you want to workout, get ready for over 50 people coming in there in one hour and walk around and check you out not to mention suck all the cool air out because the door is swinging open back and forth..... we paid for 4 nights but left in 2
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Unhappy
"Terrible experience"
As soon as I walked into the hotel I figured out this is not a place for me! It took over 45 minutes to check in even though I was the only one ! Found out their wrong ad about kids club not existed in those hotels!!! The waiters are rude and just want tip and since u was all inclusive were not coming to us to get orders! Only one restaurant indoors that the air wasn't working well. We packed and went to another hotel even though they told me I am not getting a refund .
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
nikkie
"Great hotel right on the beach with a great view."
Had a wonderful relaxing vacation. The hotel was beautiful with staff that pampered you. The food was delicious at all the restaurants in Villa Del Arco and their sister hotel Palmar. I would recommend the all inclusive if not for your entire stay then for a least 3 days. The staff was amazing. Be sure to bring tipping money.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Happy Traveler
"Nice hotel but lots of PROBLEMS with our stay."
Our major problem was they signed me and my girlfriend up for a time share presentation so we could get discounts on some activities. They said it would take 1hr 1/2 but they took 6 HOURS of our day!!! Plus it was my gf birthday! And the hotel didn't do anything about this for us when we complained! It was horrible! The time share sales reps were very disrespectful toward me and my gf! Second issue is the concierge schedules all our activities on one day. And as it couldn't get any worst, he scheduled the activities for all the wrong times. We show up at 7:30am to do snorkeling at the marina and they tell us that it's at 11:30am! We go to a nearby hotel (Wyndam I believe it was called) to use their phone and the concierge there reschedules all our activities in about 5minutes!!!! She was great! How does another concierge at another hotel helps us better and more efficiently than our own hotel?? We were stunned by this. The worst part about our trip was the fact that the hotel never did anything about these problems we had. Management Misael did absolutely nothing for us.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Avanti
"Horrible experience"
Went to Cabo for a vacation but received tons of sales call about timeshare and got stuck in resort due to main entry road to the hotel being flooded due to rain. We rented a car and were forced to leave it at the hotel so we can make a flight (use hotel taxi for 80 bucks 4x4 trucks) back to the states.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
denci
"Great hotel in a great location"
We just returned from a 4 night stay with our family of four. The hotel was wonderful, clean and well situated to downtown Cabo. They do try hard to get you to participate in their time share presentation, but are not overly pushy when told no. Our one bedroom suite with a Murphy bed was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. We were on the ground floor right off the pool, which was a great location. The pools are nice. The restaurants were very good, with mostly consistent great service. There were a few servers that could use some work, but others really made up for them with excellent service. We did the All Inclusive package, and are very happy that we did. It really paid off monetarily for our family. We kept track of what we would have spent on all of our meals, drinks/water and we were way ahead by the end of our trip. The food and beverage prices are not inexpensive. They compare to a high-end hotel in the States. The hotel is right on the beach. The waves are very rough, so you have to be careful when entering or exiting the water so that you don't get crushed into the sand. But, it is fun once you get the hang of it. There are the vendors on the beach trying to sell their wares, but if you say a firm "No Thank You," they generally move along. We used the Grey Line transportation for transport from and to the airport, arranged through Expedia, and that worked out very well. They were very prompt, with nice vehicles. Great Stay!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Nice hotel steps from the beach"
Spent a week at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. Staff was very attentive, room was always clean and was very comfortable. Health club facilities were very accessible and had enough equipment so you did not feel rushed. Our favorite restaurants were El Faro and El Patron - food was always freshly prepared and very tasty. Would recommend this hotel to people. Only downside we can think of is the time-share presentation - felt the staff was pushy. If you are not prepared to buy, would recommend avoiding this.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Hotel in Cabo"
Vacation with our family for scuba and night clubs
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the beach"
One of the few where you can swim in the sea of Cortez. Staff is friendly. All inclusive is NOT GOOD!!! Some items are not included!! And those are the best! But restaurants are ok overall. Fishing trip was one of the best things we did , canopy adventure was good too!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Art
Overbook hotel had to stay at sister hotel that was not equivalent to what I paid for.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Expectations met"
I chose this resort based on the mostly positive reviews. I was a little concerned about the timeshare sales pitch problems I had read about. My husband and I did go ahead and go through the presentation mostly because of the deep discounts we received on the activities we had planned during our 4 night stay. It was long & a little too high-pressure for my taste. But....I got what I asked for, so to speak. The staff was very friendly, the hotel & grounds were exceptionally clean and the food was good (we did the all- inclusive). We found no issues with the check signing for food & drinks as I'd read about in other reviews We had a great time & will be back!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Celeste
My husband and I wanted a relaxing vacation and that is exactly what we got at Villa del Arco. The staff was amazing. The hotel is kept immaculately clean. We chose the all inclusive package and were happy we did. The food and drinks were really good. Can't say enough good things about our stay. I want to especially thank Juan Carlos and Edmundo from the restaurants for their excellent service and smiles.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Kathi
They moved me to their sister hotel upon my arrival. No coffee maker in room, mini-bar empty. They put the lady I was traveling with in an entirely different building.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice for families... That's about it"
I was visiting my sister and her family after a wonderful stay at a different resort in Cabo. It was a fine place for them and my nine year old nephew loved the pirate ship, but it's just so lackluster for adults! It was very nice that they never knocked on the door to attempt to clean, but in my four nights there, I think the housekeeper only came twice! Aside from that, I phoned four other times for room cleaning, freshening, etc. and was just kind of left in a dinghy room. The servers in the restaurants were nice, but service was always slow. The Asian restaurant was by far the best!
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Jules
"Bad hotel"
Water leaks from celing I had book my reservation 2 months in advance when I arrive they had to move me to one of their other facilities rooms over book
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Gil
Ssrvice from restaurant staff were our only problems. Took lengthy periods of time to get served. Unacceptable at 5 star resort. Thank you, Randy
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Randy
"Very classy place to stay"
We chose Del Arco after reading the reviews, and stayed for sixteen nights. I would not recommend going in the summer - was excessively hot and humid much of the day. Evenings of course were great. The time share presentation ended up being very pushy, and even though we got a discount card and free drink cards, I wouldn't endure it again no matter what they offered.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Bruce
"Nice hotel, not great service"
Nice hotel, family friendly, clean, but the service at the hotel was not great. Beautiful facility, everything is very clean. They had our room ready early upon arrival. Beach was swimable, but the undertow is rough. Most of the time there was a red flag out. My family and I stayed for 5 days with an all-inclusive package. Upon our arrival, we were told that the 10yr old didn't need a wrist band, but the servers at the restaurants on the resort gave us a hard time about it. It takes a good 30-45 minutes to get drink service by the pool, and the restaurants are not much better.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Lacey
"Villa del Arco Hotel"
The people at the hotel were very nice. I would say this was the best feature for me and my family. They were always willing to help with any issues, and were polite and courteous.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Loved the location. Loved the facilities"
We have been to Cabo about 10 times and have stayed at several different all-inclusives. This was the best hotel as the 1bedroom suite was awesome for our family of four. Two girls ages of 17 and 23. The food was great as was the atmosphere. It was more mello than other places we stayed at and also it's sister facility Villa Palamar. The hassle was having to sign the tickets every time you got food or drink. However understand they cater to both. They also push for the tours for time share but we were ok as we got beyond that. Definitely come back as missing the breakfast at El Patron and great wait staff as well as the pool service.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Clean hotel, close enough to walk into town on beach. All inclusive is worth it!
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great quality"
This hotel was great! I felt you get what you parly for in terms of quality. We will come back for sure- very close to town, rooms were very clean, pool was great and the spa was one of the nicer ones I have enjoyed!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Had a great time swimming with my 6 and 8 year old. Pool was great. All inclusive plan well worth the money
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice spot on the beach"
This was our honeymoon. We soon found out Expedia cannot guaranteed anything so what you book may not be what you get. The hotel was beautiful and we'll maintenence but the main staff was unhelpful at times. My only suggestion is to stay away from the timeshares. And don't book all inclusive go out and enjoy all the local spots.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Elliott
"Great family vacation spot. Great everyone."
We took a family trip to Villa del Arco in June 2014, it was 25 of us and we had a great time. Everyone from grandparents to little kids had a blast, can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Cameron
beautiful resort, staff is amazing, stay away from timeshare tour
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
h
"Very Fun!"
Beautiful grounds....all inclusive....beach front....great access to near by restaurants.....nightly entertainment. Downside-always trying to get you to buy a time share...super annoying! I'd def rec this place to all
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Decent and quiet hotel in cabo."
Great service from the front desk and concierge. Service at the restaurants on premise leave a bit to be desired. If you have small kids, this is a good choice. Not sure if this is typical in other cabo hotels but there is a lot of timeshare activity.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Lovely Resort"
A lovely resort. Absolutely meticulously maintained. The time share thing wasn't a big deal at all. Just say no thank you every time you are asked to join in. Our one bedroom suite was perfect for our family of four. The room was spotless but the furnishings getting just a bit shabby. The washer and dryer.... Priceless!!! The linens were awful! Rough and old..... Really my only big complaint. ( other than breakfast room service! Awful!) We had a huge balcony with a fantastic view. The pools are amazing and the restaurants very good but the service was really hit and miss. No one wants grumpy waiters on vacation! Try the food at the sister hotels next door as well! The Italian place is lovely. A walk or water taxi to "the office" for food and drink is a must. See the rice and beans guys on the beach for tours. Miguel is great!!! Things are expensive here!! My advice, bring half the clothes and twice the money!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Linda from Cali
"Nice hotel, on the beach, close to downtown Cabo"
We stayed at Villa del Arco for a week in April 2014. The weather was fantastic (mid 80's & very sunny everyday) and the people in Cabo were very friendly. Cabo is a cool town with enough to do for adults but still family-friendly. Pluses: Villa del Arco is located in a great spot. It's convenient to downtown Cabo (a 20-25 min walk down the beach or $9 cab ride) but far enough away that it's quiet, relaxing & comfortable. They have a beautiful beach area, nice pools, very nice rooms, attentive staff & good service. I'd recommend it & we would definitely go back again. Minuses: $10 per day, per device for rather poor internet access was a turn off. It should simply be included with your stay. Hotel guests should also be prepared for the full court press on time share sales from the staff.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
DC
"Very Relaxing & Beautiful!"
Absolutaely beautiful hotel! And most staff was very friendly, including the cleaning crew. Just wish the pool waiters were as friendly as them. Pool service was OK (a little on the slow side). I agree with other reviewers that this hotel is very quiet after 8pm. We stayed here knowing this, to ensure a nice relaxing time in the evenings, but we did spend quite a bit of time at the sister resort Villa del Palmar, where the atmosphere is much more active and festive. For a vacation with kids, I'd probably stay there instead of Villa del Arco. The guy that sold the Time Shares (Rodrigo) was super nice, and after we said we weren't interested, he respected our decision and remained friendly and helpful (not at all mad nor trying to pressure us further)-- I really loved that! We had the all inclusive package and definitely appreciated it! (everything is quite pricey in both resorts, even for US standards... our first bill was over US $100 for a casual meal for 4... yikes!). The ladies at the Concierge desk were phenomenal!!! I was afraid they'd try to pressure me into buying something I didn't want, but on the contrary, totally cordial and friendly and NO pressure whatsoever. Spectacular service. The leisurely walk to town was easy ~15-20mins, and walking on the beach to the party area (The Office restaurant, Mango Deck, etc), was a nice ~30min walk, especially nice in the late afternoon or evenings when it's not so hot. Overall, a very fun and relaxing vacation!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Nice hotel, very poor all inclusive program."
Hotel beautiful, food delicious but with the all inclusive plan they took the enjoyment right out of our vacation. Everytime you wanted food or drink it took a minimum of 15 minutes, even for a bottle of water. You had to sign at ticket everytime you got something from the bar or resteraunt. The process was exhausting. Room service didn't answer the phone if they were delivering to another room, obviously they needs more help in this department. They need to revamp their process for all inclusive. I would not return to the facility.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
group traveler
"Can hardly wait to go back!"
Loved it!
5 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
Wallner
"Exceeded all expectations"
Absolutely superb experience all around. Will return again without question
Other trip Mar 20, 2014