All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Km. 0.5 Camino Viejo a San Jose, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, BCS 23450, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel but lots of PROBLEMS with our stay."
Our major problem was they signed me and my girlfriend up for a time share presentation so we could get discounts on some activities. They said it would take 1hr 1/2 but they took 6 HOURS of our day!!! Plus it was my gf birthday! And the hotel didn't do anything about this for us when we complained! It was horrible! The time share sales reps were very disrespectful toward me and my gf! Second issue is the concierge schedules all our activities on one day. And as it couldn't get any worst, he scheduled the activities for all the wrong times. We show up at 7:30am to do snorkeling at the marina and they tell us that it's at 11:30am! We go to a nearby hotel (Wyndam I believe it was called) to use their phone and the concierge there reschedules all our activities in about 5minutes!!!! She was great! How does another concierge at another hotel helps us better and more efficiently than our own hotel?? We were stunned by this. The worst part about our trip was the fact that the hotel never did anything about these problems we had. Management Misael did absolutely nothing for us.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Avanti
"Horrible experience"
Went to Cabo for a vacation but received tons of sales call about timeshare and got stuck in resort due to main entry road to the hotel being flooded due to rain. We rented a car and were forced to leave it at the hotel so we can make a flight (use hotel taxi for 80 bucks 4x4 trucks) back to the states.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
denci
"Great hotel in a great location"
We just returned from a 4 night stay with our family of four. The hotel was wonderful, clean and well situated to downtown Cabo. They do try hard to get you to participate in their time share presentation, but are not overly pushy when told no. Our one bedroom suite with a Murphy bed was perfect. Very clean and comfortable. We were on the ground floor right off the pool, which was a great location. The pools are nice. The restaurants were very good, with mostly consistent great service. There were a few servers that could use some work, but others really made up for them with excellent service. We did the All Inclusive package, and are very happy that we did. It really paid off monetarily for our family. We kept track of what we would have spent on all of our meals, drinks/water and we were way ahead by the end of our trip. The food and beverage prices are not inexpensive. They compare to a high-end hotel in the States. The hotel is right on the beach. The waves are very rough, so you have to be careful when entering or exiting the water so that you don't get crushed into the sand. But, it is fun once you get the hang of it. There are the vendors on the beach trying to sell their wares, but if you say a firm "No Thank You," they generally move along. We used the Grey Line transportation for transport from and to the airport, arranged through Expedia, and that worked out very well. They were very prompt, with nice vehicles. Great Stay!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Nice hotel steps from the beach"
Spent a week at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa. Staff was very attentive, room was always clean and was very comfortable. Health club facilities were very accessible and had enough equipment so you did not feel rushed. Our favorite restaurants were El Faro and El Patron - food was always freshly prepared and very tasty. Would recommend this hotel to people. Only downside we can think of is the time-share presentation - felt the staff was pushy. If you are not prepared to buy, would recommend avoiding this.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Hotel in Cabo"
Vacation with our family for scuba and night clubs
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the beach"
One of the few where you can swim in the sea of Cortez. Staff is friendly. All inclusive is NOT GOOD!!! Some items are not included!! And those are the best! But restaurants are ok overall. Fishing trip was one of the best things we did , canopy adventure was good too!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Art
Overbook hotel had to stay at sister hotel that was not equivalent to what I paid for.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Expectations met"
I chose this resort based on the mostly positive reviews. I was a little concerned about the timeshare sales pitch problems I had read about. My husband and I did go ahead and go through the presentation mostly because of the deep discounts we received on the activities we had planned during our 4 night stay. It was long & a little too high-pressure for my taste. But....I got what I asked for, so to speak. The staff was very friendly, the hotel & grounds were exceptionally clean and the food was good (we did the all- inclusive). We found no issues with the check signing for food & drinks as I'd read about in other reviews We had a great time & will be back!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Celeste
My husband and I wanted a relaxing vacation and that is exactly what we got at Villa del Arco. The staff was amazing. The hotel is kept immaculately clean. We chose the all inclusive package and were happy we did. The food and drinks were really good. Can't say enough good things about our stay. I want to especially thank Juan Carlos and Edmundo from the restaurants for their excellent service and smiles.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Kathi
They moved me to their sister hotel upon my arrival. No coffee maker in room, mini-bar empty. They put the lady I was traveling with in an entirely different building.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice for families... That's about it"
I was visiting my sister and her family after a wonderful stay at a different resort in Cabo. It was a fine place for them and my nine year old nephew loved the pirate ship, but it's just so lackluster for adults! It was very nice that they never knocked on the door to attempt to clean, but in my four nights there, I think the housekeeper only came twice! Aside from that, I phoned four other times for room cleaning, freshening, etc. and was just kind of left in a dinghy room. The servers in the restaurants were nice, but service was always slow. The Asian restaurant was by far the best!
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Jules
"Bad hotel"
Water leaks from celing I had book my reservation 2 months in advance when I arrive they had to move me to one of their other facilities rooms over book
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Gil
Ssrvice from restaurant staff were our only problems. Took lengthy periods of time to get served. Unacceptable at 5 star resort. Thank you, Randy
5 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Randy
"Very classy place to stay"
We chose Del Arco after reading the reviews, and stayed for sixteen nights. I would not recommend going in the summer - was excessively hot and humid much of the day. Evenings of course were great. The time share presentation ended up being very pushy, and even though we got a discount card and free drink cards, I wouldn't endure it again no matter what they offered.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Bruce
"Nice hotel, not great service"
Nice hotel, family friendly, clean, but the service at the hotel was not great. Beautiful facility, everything is very clean. They had our room ready early upon arrival. Beach was swimable, but the undertow is rough. Most of the time there was a red flag out. My family and I stayed for 5 days with an all-inclusive package. Upon our arrival, we were told that the 10yr old didn't need a wrist band, but the servers at the restaurants on the resort gave us a hard time about it. It takes a good 30-45 minutes to get drink service by the pool, and the restaurants are not much better.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Lacey
"Villa del Arco Hotel"
The people at the hotel were very nice. I would say this was the best feature for me and my family. They were always willing to help with any issues, and were polite and courteous.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Loved the location. Loved the facilities"
We have been to Cabo about 10 times and have stayed at several different all-inclusives. This was the best hotel as the 1bedroom suite was awesome for our family of four. Two girls ages of 17 and 23. The food was great as was the atmosphere. It was more mello than other places we stayed at and also it's sister facility Villa Palamar. The hassle was having to sign the tickets every time you got food or drink. However understand they cater to both. They also push for the tours for time share but we were ok as we got beyond that. Definitely come back as missing the breakfast at El Patron and great wait staff as well as the pool service.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Clean hotel, close enough to walk into town on beach. All inclusive is worth it!
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great quality"
This hotel was great! I felt you get what you parly for in terms of quality. We will come back for sure- very close to town, rooms were very clean, pool was great and the spa was one of the nicer ones I have enjoyed!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Had a great time swimming with my 6 and 8 year old. Pool was great. All inclusive plan well worth the money
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice spot on the beach"
This was our honeymoon. We soon found out Expedia cannot guaranteed anything so what you book may not be what you get. The hotel was beautiful and we'll maintenence but the main staff was unhelpful at times. My only suggestion is to stay away from the timeshares. And don't book all inclusive go out and enjoy all the local spots.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Elliott
"Great family vacation spot. Great everyone."
We took a family trip to Villa del Arco in June 2014, it was 25 of us and we had a great time. Everyone from grandparents to little kids had a blast, can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Cameron
beautiful resort, staff is amazing, stay away from timeshare tour
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
h
"Very Fun!"
Beautiful grounds....all inclusive....beach front....great access to near by restaurants.....nightly entertainment. Downside-always trying to get you to buy a time share...super annoying! I'd def rec this place to all
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Decent and quiet hotel in cabo."
Great service from the front desk and concierge. Service at the restaurants on premise leave a bit to be desired. If you have small kids, this is a good choice. Not sure if this is typical in other cabo hotels but there is a lot of timeshare activity.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Lovely Resort"
A lovely resort. Absolutely meticulously maintained. The time share thing wasn't a big deal at all. Just say no thank you every time you are asked to join in. Our one bedroom suite was perfect for our family of four. The room was spotless but the furnishings getting just a bit shabby. The washer and dryer.... Priceless!!! The linens were awful! Rough and old..... Really my only big complaint. ( other than breakfast room service! Awful!) We had a huge balcony with a fantastic view. The pools are amazing and the restaurants very good but the service was really hit and miss. No one wants grumpy waiters on vacation! Try the food at the sister hotels next door as well! The Italian place is lovely. A walk or water taxi to "the office" for food and drink is a must. See the rice and beans guys on the beach for tours. Miguel is great!!! Things are expensive here!! My advice, bring half the clothes and twice the money!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Linda from Cali
"Nice hotel, on the beach, close to downtown Cabo"
We stayed at Villa del Arco for a week in April 2014. The weather was fantastic (mid 80's & very sunny everyday) and the people in Cabo were very friendly. Cabo is a cool town with enough to do for adults but still family-friendly. Pluses: Villa del Arco is located in a great spot. It's convenient to downtown Cabo (a 20-25 min walk down the beach or $9 cab ride) but far enough away that it's quiet, relaxing & comfortable. They have a beautiful beach area, nice pools, very nice rooms, attentive staff & good service. I'd recommend it & we would definitely go back again. Minuses: $10 per day, per device for rather poor internet access was a turn off. It should simply be included with your stay. Hotel guests should also be prepared for the full court press on time share sales from the staff.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
DC
"Very Relaxing & Beautiful!"
Absolutaely beautiful hotel! And most staff was very friendly, including the cleaning crew. Just wish the pool waiters were as friendly as them. Pool service was OK (a little on the slow side). I agree with other reviewers that this hotel is very quiet after 8pm. We stayed here knowing this, to ensure a nice relaxing time in the evenings, but we did spend quite a bit of time at the sister resort Villa del Palmar, where the atmosphere is much more active and festive. For a vacation with kids, I'd probably stay there instead of Villa del Arco. The guy that sold the Time Shares (Rodrigo) was super nice, and after we said we weren't interested, he respected our decision and remained friendly and helpful (not at all mad nor trying to pressure us further)-- I really loved that! We had the all inclusive package and definitely appreciated it! (everything is quite pricey in both resorts, even for US standards... our first bill was over US $100 for a casual meal for 4... yikes!). The ladies at the Concierge desk were phenomenal!!! I was afraid they'd try to pressure me into buying something I didn't want, but on the contrary, totally cordial and friendly and NO pressure whatsoever. Spectacular service. The leisurely walk to town was easy ~15-20mins, and walking on the beach to the party area (The Office restaurant, Mango Deck, etc), was a nice ~30min walk, especially nice in the late afternoon or evenings when it's not so hot. Overall, a very fun and relaxing vacation!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Nice hotel, very poor all inclusive program."
Hotel beautiful, food delicious but with the all inclusive plan they took the enjoyment right out of our vacation. Everytime you wanted food or drink it took a minimum of 15 minutes, even for a bottle of water. You had to sign at ticket everytime you got something from the bar or resteraunt. The process was exhausting. Room service didn't answer the phone if they were delivering to another room, obviously they needs more help in this department. They need to revamp their process for all inclusive. I would not return to the facility.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
group traveler
"Can hardly wait to go back!"
Loved it!
5 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
Wallner
"Exceeded all expectations"
Absolutely superb experience all around. Will return again without question
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Very Nice Stay"
I'd stay there again definetly
3 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Yvonne
"Nice clean hotel but overpriced!!!"
nice,clean hotel but overpriced considering nothing is included nor the spa nor the breakfast nor a seaview..
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Been going for years"
We are owners of Villa Del Arco so we have been going there for years. We love the location, we walk to town for dinner every night and the weather is always great. My husband had a medical issue while we were there and the hotel staff was incredible! They were caring, helpful and made our lives much easier. We wll be back next year.
7 night trip Feb 27, 2014
WW & MD
"Relaxing, beautiful view and resort!"
We enjoyed our stay at Villa Del Arco! The resort is beautiful, relaxing, fun and convenient to town and excursions. The staff was very helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Great hotel on the beach."
Staff was friendly. Hotel and all amenities were immaculate. Food was fabulous. Looking forward to returning soon.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
The area is over priced and the intense sales environment is funny to watch. If you don't do the sales walk through every time you buy something they ask you if you have a gold card or not which means you are paying a higher rate for your meals. As we went to town for dinner it didn't matter but it is a strange environment after paying top dollar for a room
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Love Villa del Arco!"
We were on a ladies trip and chose to use the all inclusive plan. It was so nice to be able to use the sister resort for some of our meals and drinks. The food at both Villa del Arco and Villa del Palmar is excellent and there is nice variety, anything from sushi to pizza. The resort is clean, the rooms are comfortable and pretty and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. It's a big enough resort, but not too big. I love seeing the same faces of staff each year and having them remember me. Villa del Arco is my favorite resort that I have stayed at in Cabo!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Jen
"Newer facility. Close to town. Able to use beach"
We received an upgraded room (1 bedroom w/kitchen). Food was good. Service was excellent. Respected our wishes the first time we told them we didn't want to do the time share presentation. Didn't like having to sign for all-inclusive with each purchase.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"Loved it!"
This place is friendly, clean, beautiful, great location with best beach (Medano)within easy walking distance of downtown and good restaurants (in addition to the ones at the hotel).
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Bad first impression!"
Arrived to be informed were moved to another property since they oversold the Arco! Ummm really?! Then to be completely bombarded by sales pitch! Like 10 phone calls first evening and am! Super aggressive and annoying. We ended up at Arco second day but what a pain. Good food at any restaurant!!! Awesome beach. Nice wait staff. Good house keeping and very friendly. Won't go back tho. The pressure and the over sold thing was super bad arrival
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
family
"All-Inclusive (NOT)"
We went all inclusive to find out that on all inclusive plan at Villa del Arco there are still a lot of things not included : mini fridge in room, had to pay for water or anything in fridge. Coffee 1st day is free in your room, after that you pay each day for the coffee. Cheap liquor included, couldn't even get Bailey's in my coffee without having to pay for. Wifi not included, have to pay for. I guess when you say all inclusive it should be ALL inclusive or be very specific to inform people when they are booking their trip not when they check in at hotel.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
JS
"Nice location"
The pirate ship's food was not heated enough. I had to send back two out of three dishes. Pool side service was a little long between visits.... The food overall was O.K. Best food we eat was down the beach at "The Office" restaurant.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Cabo Villas - Villa Del Arco"
Bellmen a 10. Housekeeping a 10. Courtesy Staff a 10. Check-in is always a hassle a 0. Activities a 0. (Force the Time-share scam for activities, if they even do not offer them anymore). Book on the beach with the locals. Find one you like and they will take care of everything. Assigns the worst room and makes you work for an upgrade. We did get an upgrade for $190/night. Our friends we traveled with got same upgrade for $0/night. Then comes the Time Share nightmare. It's a total scam. They show you the cream and you have to fight for everything. Ex., Bought a time share for what I thought was the Arco. Upon arrival, our room is booked with the sister hotel Villa Del Palmar (noisy and obnoxious, for us). Wouldn't move us, offer anything to assist, hated the whole ordeal. Been there 4 times before, each time a little more hassle than the previous visit. Love the Villa Estantia. Will never stay with Villas Palmar, or the Arco.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
"Beautiful...... But....."
We had a pretty nice stay here. It was very clean. We went the week before Christmas so it was relatively quiet. I would not go back to this hotel because I feel that there is enormous pressure to buy in to their timeshare. We were pretty lucky and escaped easily by saying that we were not married. But for days, we saw others squirming their way through breakfast or lunch, just dying to go to the beach. But instead, stuck telling the staff how much they didn't want to buy a time share. How disappointing. I felt so bad for all those people. We all work hard all year to enjoy a few days on a beach if we are lucky...
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Fantastic"
Very good experience, very friendly staff, clean rooms, delishies food
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Felix
"Exceeded Expectations"
That staff is amazing! Especially Juan Carlos, Gustavo, all the guys working the pool, the front desk staff... so friendly and go out of their way to make your vacation perfect. The facility is beautiful! We unfortunately got a room right above the noisy air conditioning unit, but we got a free upgrade from a studio to a one bedroom and had a view of the water. I definitely recommend the all inclusive package. The restaurants are great, Pina Coladas are amazing and the pool menu changes slightly each day so you get different options to choose from. We ate all our breakfasts and lunches at the resort and picked a few nights to go into town for dinner and still felt like we got more than our money's worth from the all inclusive package. Highly recommend this resort!
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
K
"Poor communication between staff, no urgency"
My husband and I recently stayed at this resort for our honeymoon. We were super excited to get away after the stress in wedding planning, however this resort did little to help ease any tension. When we first arrived, they claimed our reservations were cancelled through the company we used to book it through (Expedia). This obviously was not the case because we had all of our confirmations and our flights were also not cancelled. After about 20 minutes, they were able to get us a room (not the oceanfront view that we had originally booked) but they did not offer any sort of apology for the inconvenience. Later that day, we booked reservations with the concierge at one of the restaurants, but sure enough, that reservation did not exist when we got there. Because of the late hour, they were able to "fit" us in. This seemed to be the theme of the trip, we booked a zip line tour, and they scheduled it for the wrong day but gave us a ticket that stated it was for the day we requested, so we ended up missing the activity. Our stay wasn't all horrible, though, we had some excellent service by the wait staff at the pool bar. However, as far as going back to Cabo and staying in this resort again, we will definitely be looking elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"It was wonderful."
It was beautiful and relaxing. Every need was taken care of seemlessly. Staff was so friendly and attentive. Everything was so clean. One of our best vacations.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014