All hotels in Karon, Thailand
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here502/3 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Position of the hotel is very good. Although it is in the centar of the town, you will not be destructed by the noise from the street. Once you step in the hotel, you will experience quite different atmosphere than one on the crowds streets. It looks like you step into the paradise! I do not know what kind of expectations other people have, but basically, to those who are not satisfied, they can go to 5 or 6 stars hotel if they can afford it! I have read so many comments on different web sites, and I have to say that I was a bit nervous when deciding where to go and which hotel to book. Especially since hotel photos are not so brilliant as hotel itself is and because this was my first visit to Thailand. You will be amaized by hospitality. Really , this is one beautiful hotel especially having in minde value of money that you paid for it. Also, breakfast buffet is really big and you will find something for everybody....for vegetarians, Thai food, continental breakfast.... If you expect more and this is not enough for you, please take a good look at your refrigerator to see what you have there. What is offered here is much more than you have it at home, I can bet on that! Resort is very clean, with lot of treaas and exotic flowers. Be prepared if you are not lover of nature. For me it is quite normal to see little animals (read: mosquitoes, bugs, birds...) in the environment like this. In any case, you can buy tablets and sprays and you will be on the safe side.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Sanja & Marija
"I would never stay here again."
So disappointed in this resort. Rooms were big and clean. This isn't all that makes for a great holiday. The staff was either lazy, unknowledgeable, rude or condescending. Not what one expect anywhere, and definitely not in fabulous Thailand. The hitel was noisy, rules were not enforced at the pool, ingredients for drinks were never available, lunch would sometimes take two hours to arrive, breakfast was bland and repetitive. There are great results in PHUKET. This is absolutely not one of them.
12 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Pleasant"
We moved into this hotel after one night in another hotel. It was very family friendly. Awesome fitness facilities. There is a kid-friendly pool and then there is an adult pool which is a lot trendier and quieter.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Cassandra
"Comfortable !"
The hotel location was awesome a short walk to the beach, shopping, massage, laundry drop off, fruit stands, etc. The is money exchange was way better outside the hotel. The pool music like be changed every once in awhile same thing over n over. Nice big exercise room, tennis court, basketball court, table tennis, pool, Muay Thai classes and family friendly activities that change weekly! The hotel is family friendly. There was live entertainment :) Make sure you sign up for centara card it will give you perks and free wifi. Cheers!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
T n K
"Family-oriented and amazing-landscape hotel !!"
We have booked this hotel and flow to Phuket in Oct'14. We have stayed in the most quiet pavilion "Tropical", it is the most relaxing with its own large swimming pool but far from the main reception building (although the pathway is very awesome to walk along). It is designed for family with kids :they can enjoy many activities/playing area/pools/sliding/pool parties... your kids can easily have new friends and get fun along the day with them. The Azuree restaurant is offering an international variety of dishes with reasonable prices and no need to go outside to find your preferred plates. The main pool has always activities/parties/music for kids including two sliding that all kids enjoyed during their stay. For babies and young 3-5 children their is an indoor&supervised playing area with a lot of activities (painting, hat decoration,...) where they can play in serenity. If you plan to visit other area in Phuket just you need to book your taxi from lobby or use the shuttle provided by the hotel for the common area (like patong beach). the Karon beach is not far from the hotel (about 10min walking max) with various shops all the way to. the rooms are spacious/comfortable and including all amenities. only two drawbacks are : not all staff are speaking English, and the breakfast is the same typically every day.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Rourou
"Close to the beach and good restaurants"
Really enjoyed my stay here; the hotel has great amenities and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Great proximity to the beach and just an overall great place to stay. Would highly recommend staying in Karon Beach, and especially here.
6 night trip Aug 11, 2014
When I arrived at the airport, I knew immediately that Karon Beach was far out. When I arrived at the hotel, by first sight, I figured I would like it. But after my check in, and getting into my room, I thought otherwise. When I got the Ocean view suite, I guess I was under the impression that there would be a view of the ocean.. Silly me!! I got to view ugly buildings all day long. The walk to the very small, and not so lovely beach was strange, and smelly (walking through the alley way). And to top it off, in two nights, I did not get even one hot, or even warm shower (I tried night, and early morning)!! When it came time to checkout, the lady automatically assumed that I had used something from the mini bar, which I hadn't. I corrected her, before she charged me almost 200Baht for something, not sure what it was. She had me write "I DID NOT USE ANYTHING FROM THE MINI BAR" on some mini bar receipt. Needless to say, I won't be staying at Karon Beach anymore.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Darrielle
"5 Star Hotel"
This hotel is 5 star hotel. Everything were excellent. Recommend to every one.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Farzan
very beautiful hotel. best location in Caron. Best rooms and very beautiful garden. must be 5star Hotel. recommend to every one particularly family with kid. بسیار هتل زیباییه. اگر اتاق در طبقه همکف و کنار استخر باشه محیط بسیار زیبایی داره. .اقامت در این هتل برای ریلکس کردن و استراحت بهترین انتخابه مخصوصا اگر خانواده بچه همراه داشته باشه.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Farzan
"Complete Disappointment"
I chose this hotel for the proximity to the beach and the desire to have a relaxing vacation but I was completely disappointed. We got picked up at the airport by the hotels shuttle and the drive to the hotel was terrifying. Before going to Phuket we stopped in Bangkok and Chiang Mai and this was by far the worst driver we had. Multiple times he slammed on the breaks and we went flying, at one point we were literally an inch away from rear ending a car. Once arriving to the hotel, I was disappointed to find the beach was a 10 minute walk away- not merely across the road as I had expected. On check-in they required a $155 UDS deposit. I was informed if we did not spend the equivalent of the deposit we would receive the money back within 14 days of check-out. Once arriving to my room, I was put in a room with double sized beds when I had selected King on my reservation. When I mentioned this to the bellman I was told the beds were King sized which the front desk denied when I called. That evening when I returned to my room I came back to a HUGE cockroach waiting for me. The rest of my stay was ok- that is if you do not mind very poor restaurant service- we actually stopped eating and drinking at the hotel because waiting an absurd amount of time to even be acknowledged after being sat in a restaurant was tiring.
6 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
"Nice convenient hotel and nice swimming pools"
I liked the hotel location becasu it was close but not too close to the beach.( I was scared of Tsunami. ) Swimming pools were nice, relaxing and not crowded during our stay from 12/21-12/26. We enjoyed drinks at the pool bar. We stayed in one bedroom Cavana. It was clean, spacious, quiet and relaxing, although a few mosquitos always bothered us. After I saw how noisy Patong beach was I thought it was a right choice for us to stay in Karon area.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
noreen
"Language problem"
Staffs are VERY nice but they don't speak adequate English... You can communicate very basic, "Hi how are you" but if you ask more than that level, you don't get much help...
4 night trip May 28, 2013
"Languge problem"
Stuff are VERY nice, but had problems communicating. They only speak very basic English...
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"Communication issue..."
Stuff there was VERY nice. But most of all of them speak basic English only. You cannot communicate if you are asking a question or addressing issue. If you speak Thai, I'm sure you will really like this place.
1 night trip May 28, 2013
YasNate
"Fine stay for a couple nights"
My 24 year old son and I spent two nights at this hotel while travelling through Asia. We bought seats on a minibus upon landing at the airport and paid 180 Baht each for the hour ride to this hotel. It is a resort that we found filled with families from Australia who were spending two or three weeks here. We had to wait for over half an hour even thougn we had prepaid for our room two months earlier! We were escorted to our room which was fine....nothing really special, but decent room. It is NOT a four-star hotel by USA standards. Internet is available in the room by paying each day and they also have a business center with a few computers where you can pay a daily fee to use the computer. We needed to print something important, but the staff could not even get the printers to work for us on two different days. The hotel has a large lounge with bar, tvs and pool table that provides free Internet from 5:00 pm until 1:00 am. The Internet worked the first night, but not the second night which was frustrating. Walk about a block from the hotel entrance and go to Adis Tour and speak with Touk. Not only is she delightful, but she can arrange tours and transportation back to the airport at less money than you will pay through the hotel. We would recommend the tour of the five islands including James Bond. The tour guide Ibrahim was one of our best during a six-week trip through Asia and seeing five islands on a speed boat was perfect.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2012
Mainetraveller

"Satisfactory family hotel in Karon"
Front desk service did not meet my expectations, otherwise all other staff very helpful and friendly. Would advice complimentary airport and Patong transport, for overall 5 star rating.
5 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
ZA
"Full facilities, Good place"
2 Nights, Full facilities and activities, 3 pools, staff were very friendly
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Vilaiwan
"Karon Karon!"
Hotel was good overall, but the rooms were a little outdated and not cleanly finished. Service was great, but I expected a little nicer rooms for what we paid.
6 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Cody
"Lovely hotel in great position!!"
Lovely hotel in a great position! Choice of 3 pools - 1 with a pool bar!! Friendly staff.
4 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
Melanie
"Worst experience in thai"
We booked villa room one month before arrival but they make us wait for 2 hours because of Late check-out of precious customers and finally still cannot give our request room which we order one month before!!!! Bad service and attitude in front desk including their manager!
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
"Would stay again"
Resort has 3 pools and is located very close to the beach. We stayed there for 8 nights and were very happy with the service. In the morning you have to put your towel (even if not allowed) on a pool chair to reserve it. It is quite and nice. Would stay again. The price is a little high but it is acceptable.
8 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"3 nights stay at Centara Karon"
A big hotel with full facilities like swimming pools, gym, yoga, etc...but the hotel is a bit too old. Really needs renovation.
3 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Phyu Phyu
SG
"Very good to stay with kids"
Nice stay. Hotel very good to stay with kids.
5 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Beny
"Excellent hotel"
Very nice hotel. Service was great. Breakfast and food were excellent. We even got the invoice the night before the check out like in North America !!!! Close to the Karon beach, restaurants and markets. I definetly come back. Internet was fast but to have it in the room, you have to enroll in the Centara reward program for free.
3 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
gustavo
"Getting old"
Disappointing. I would not stay here again as the hotel is getting quite old and the shower temperature is inconsistent. The sound proofing is next to nothing. You hear people above and beside you.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Cool place"
Excellent location, nice environment for families, great food.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Abu Abdullah
"cramped up hotel with racist staff"
The room had the worst possible view in Phuket and the staff had a very peculiar behavior towards people with brown skin. I would rather stay at some place where they treat all patrons equal.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Nikhil
IN
"Great family oriented hotel"
The Lagoon pool is the best for kids, we spent there most of our time. Great outlay of the hotel, choice of 3 pools and several dining restaurants. Close proximity to the beach, great area for shopping and dining. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great, good variety on offer every morning. I would definitely recommend it to a family.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Decent large resort close to bars and restaurants"
This is a large resort hotel. It is pleasant enough and pretty well laid out over a large campus. Good facilities. Quite a few activities and special promotions. The area of Karon it is in is quite good- really close to lots of bars and restaurants. One thing I would say is that the "Superior" Room was rather poor. Pricewise, it was in the midrange for a 4* hotel but it was rather small and had very basic furnishings. I would expect a room like that in a decent 3* or at the very bottom of the 4* range.
5 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Marcus
"Nice Resort"
A nice , clean hotel , excellent staff , polite and friendly in a great location .
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Petr
"Karon"
Great holiday. Hotel fine. Staff friendly. Great pool. Cheap local food n booze. All good.
Stayed here for 8 days and it was lovely, staff were really friendly, area round the hotel was nice, there was a great selection of food for breakfast, 3 nice pools, a short walk from the beach, not too noisy at night but bars and restaurants not too far away
emily
"Comfortable resort in Karon"
i had a great stay at Centara Karon resort. Everything were well taken care of, from organizing airport transfer to arranging a birthday cake for my partner. Staff are very attentive, breakfast is amazing in lotus restaurant. One drawback is the noise at night- my room is on 8/F at the terrace and every night the music from the bar are so loud that I could hear with my window all shut.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
cheryl
HK
"Best place to start your holiday"
Loved every bit of it. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon on Oct 22nd for 8 nights, it was our first time in a Centara hotel and Thailand and we both absolutely loved it. Friendly staff greeted you as they walked by. The hotel was also amazing too with various rooms to choose from. Rooms were cleaned on the daily, 2 bottles of water were also included everyday. The outside maintenance of the grounds too was exceptional, gives me some inspiration for a potential garden back home. :) 2 different restuarants to choose from within the vicinity for a buffet breakfast of which they had a good selection of both asian and western. We tried both, and they were similar. There were 3 pools, 1 for the kiddies with a 'camp safari' arts and crafts building right next to it. The other 2 were mainly for the adults which both had a pool-bar. The location was also good too as you could go outside to eat, swim at the beach, massage, fish cleaning your feet, motorbike hire and other things (for cheap) right outside the gate. I would reccomend booking activities outside of the hotel to get it cheaper and to try as many as you can. They also have night markets on the weekends which is a few minutes walk on the main road away from the beach. All in all, centara karon beach resort is a hotel for everyone. We really enjoyed our stay and would come back again anytime. :D
8 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Beverly
"Centara Karon Resort Phuket"
Great family resort with wonderful pools and facilities. Close to restaurants, bars etc. Short walk to the beach.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Family friendly hotel, nice quiet area"
We had a fantastic stay at Centara Karon Beach. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to our young son's needs. The facilities were good, great location and lovely setting. Highly recommend.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Apes
Awesome resort in a great part of Phuket. Away from the main tourist part of patong but only 10 minutes over the hill. Enough bars,restaurants and shopping in Karon to satisfy your every need and nice long beach that is superb. Would return definitely. Hope to go every year. Good resort for all including singles, couples from honeymooners in private cabanas or the older relatives as well. For families they have great facilities for children in there own area of resort in water slides in pool and good play areas. Take your next trip here. The food at breakfast excellent and other meals and drinks pretty good too.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
bronwyn
"A must stay resort!"
This resort caters for all age groups with three pools including an in-pool bar in one of the pools. The staff were efficient and extremely good at their job. Complimentary water each day is a bonus! We will stay here again as it's in the heart of Karon!
4 night romance trip Sep 18, 2014
"Excellent for family with young kids"
We were tired after the flight and from the drive to the hotel but the lovely experience just started. We were stop by the security guards at the entrance and had to show them our booking confirmation which was good as we felt even safer. Next the bell hops were ever ready to help us unload our luggage from our car and directed me to the nearest parking lot. Next i approach the front desk and was served by a Russian lady Natalia, very pleasant and helpful , she usher us to the some couch and asked us to wait for her there while she did the check in for us. Next we were on our way to the rooms, i was shock to find such spacious rooms at this price. Overall it was a wonderful experience for us.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Lim Sean
"Karon Resort"
The Resort was very good - I have been to lot & would be happy to return
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Resort not close to beach"
The resort was spread in a large area, very green and lush. First night we had to spend on third floor, room was very spacious. Next day we moved to first floor as climbing up the stairs was too difficult so this was more suitable for us. This room was also large enough and close to swimming pool. Azure restaurant was also close so if we did want to walk all the way to other restaurant for breakfast it was more practical. Also, sometimes when it was raining or were too tired to walk to room, it was no problem the staff to drive us. Also the last day when we were leaving, they picked us and our luggage to reception.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Eila
"Great hotel great staff value of money"
I stay in this hotel just only one night and i feel everything was excellent. Great staff great food and great service. I will come back for sure !!!!!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Bartie
"awesome"
This hotel is great if u wanna get away from the hustle and bustle and there are great restaurants all around and luckily we found thee best tattoo artist Bongkarn kong @tattoo just the next street over which was a bonus considering we wanted a permanent souvenir from the gorgeous thailand
6 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2014
lucy brown
"fantastic service rooms and meals could'n fault it"
Absolutely fabulous, could not fault this hotel right from cleanliness ,friendliness facilities, everything was just perfect
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Chez
"Great location, perfect for family with kids"
It's a wonderful experience we had. the hotel is just minutes away from the beach. It's not at the main road, so it's quite too. Actually there are enough facilities for you to just relax and enjoy your stay in the Hotel. there are 3 big pools, and a really good pool party every thursday for kids. My son and daughter love this hotel a lot that they even don't want to check out from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for family with kids.
4 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Rocky
"fantastic service"
stay was very good, the chef gave veg for breakfast & other meals, staffs very friendly & helpful..my son really enjoyed the pool, kids playing room
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
IN
"Electrifying"
All potential guest should be told about the noise the emanates from the pool area with the children's slide, perhaps they should be offered to families only. Near Electrocution in steam room during massages was unexpected surprise, no medical attention offered or incident form filled out, just two jars of cream & a sorry. Staff need a better command of English especially when dealing with security.Charged for using mini bar when it was emptied at our request at the start of holiday ???? found out other people had the same incident on the flight back home, made to fill out docket stating nothing was removed from mini bar ????.
Craig
"Great hotel with very friendly staff."
There with 8yr old daughter and we all had a great time.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Marty
"Lovely hotel, great for families"
I stayed at Centara for 10 nights with my 9 year old daughter in a tropical room. Loved that there were 3 pools, we alternated between the kids pool with 2 slides and heaps of kids that my daughter made friends with. My daughter did get sick while in Thailand so when she was not feeling great or I needed time out from all the children we would hang in the tropical pool. We had one of the better type of rooms and from what other guest were saying it was well worth the extra money. Our room was large it did take till late afternoon to get the room cleaned some days, but if you rang they came straight around. Close walk to beach, Restaurants and massages etc. Great location would definitely stay at Centara with my daughter again however if you don't have kids and don't like having a lot of kids around in the pool maybe not for you.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Mel
"Very nice hotel at centric location."
Good place to stay, very near to kata, Karon and patong. Good restaurants nearby
Other trip Jul 1, 2014