All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here406 Maple Street, San Diego, CA, 92103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.8

"Hermosa experiecia"
El hotel es maravilloso. Se siente estar viviendo en el siglo 19. Todos los detalles están cuidados, las habitaciones estan muy bien decoradas y la sensación de época está muy bien lograda. Es sumamente tranquilo, con unos jardines hermosos, rodeado de una zona residencial. Altamente recomendable desde todo punto de vista.
5 night family trip May 3, 2013
AR
"Unieke lokatie"
Britt Scripps Inn is een prachtig huis in Victoriaanse stijl en uitermate goed gelegen voor een bezoek aan het museum-complex van San Diego. De kamer was zeer verzorgd in ingericht in de stijl van het huis. Hoewel een gourmet breakfast werd beloofd, beantwoordde dit niet helemaal aan onze verwachtingen aangezien sommige gerechten die wel op de kaart vermeld stonden niet geserveerd konden worden wegens 'uitgeput'. De ontvangst en het vertrek waren ook heel onpersoonlijk en zeer oppervlakkig.
1 night trip May 6, 2013
Karel
NL
"Tolles Hotel"
Gemütliches Hotel, ausgezeichneter Service, in zentraler Lage. Die Stadt ist gut zu Fuß zu erreichen. Alle Zimmer sind unterschiedlich eingerichtet mit viel Liebe zum Detail. Die Außenanlage lädt zum Verweilen ein, der Garten ist sehr schön angelegt. Einfach zum Wohlfühlen!
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
Olaf
DE
"Don't miss this hotel!!"
Best hotel in California. This is so much more than a hotel stay. It's a right-out treat. Outstanding breakfast, good wi-fi and parking is all included. The hotel is carefully renovated to its original beauty. Well maintained and very clean. The Butlers are professional, helpful and accommodating. A great atmosphere is topped off with wine of good quality that is served together with hors d'oevres every afternoon, 5-7 pm. Don't worry about the fact that there's no restaurant in the hotel. After the breakfast, you won't even consider eating lunch that day. There are many good dinner restaurants at walking distance.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2013
Fredrik
SE
"Awesome!"
Magnificent place. Staff extremly friendly, rooms excellent and very clean. Best hotel in the that area! For sure. If you are looking for a room in San Diego stay here!!
Other trip Oct 26, 2012
Christine
DE
"Nära till Balboa Park"
Verkligen ett kanonställe som har kvar den personliga servicen. Mysigt med charmiga rum. Vid nästa besök i San Diego skall vi bo här igen. Kan verkligen rekommenderas!!!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2012
2 night trip Feb 19, 2013
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2012
1 night trip Aug 28, 2012
1 night trip Jul 6, 2012
"Beauty and comfort all in one place"
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2012
3 night trip Oct 18, 2012
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2012
donna
CN

TripAdvisor reviews for Britt Scripps Inn

"We compare all B&B's to this one"
06/11/15 Wanderlustrian
It's tough to stay at the Britt Scirpps Inn and then try and stay at another B&B... They just don't compare! Britt Scripps Inn is located on a quiet street in very close proximity to the Zoo. The room was cozy and the bed was comfortable. The architecture will inspire you. They have thick walls so noise was minimum. They serve cheese and fruit in the living area along with some great piano music during the evening. In the morning you can opt to have breakfast there (& let me tell you it's GOOD) The hostess was more than accommodating and even suggested places to eat in the area. We ate at Wellington and it was delicious. Would suggest staying at the carriage house because it's detached from the main house and is a little more romantic. Rooms book fast too.
"Time Travel"
06/05/15 Sam K Los Angeles, California
My Wife and I spent one night at the Britt Scripps....we originally booked a room in the house, but the bedroom had a problem with it's bathroom, so the moved us to the cottage in the back of the house, we didn't mind since they also gave us a 10% discount. The place is very nice and a bit on the spooky side. The girl at the reception was very polite helpful and apologetic about the bathroom not working. The only draw back is parking is across the street and a bit tricky to get into the building.
"Not a B&B guy myself, but I liked it!"
05/28/15 ChatWithMatt Arizona
Stayed here on a hopper trip. 4 different style hotels in 4 days. I'll write on each of them. Britt Scripps is cool. It actually does the job nicely of a stay close to Balboa Park, the Zoo, and the Gaslamp district. Actually some of the better restaurants are within walking distance. Fairly quiet (although there's construction going on the next street) don't expect to sleep in too late. Typical street noise between main streets. They include free parking across the street in the garage with the stay (huge bonus) and a small breakfast of sorts. If you're into boutique places with a old-world feel, stay here. If you like a more space and a resort-feel...don't.
"Elegant step Back Into Time"
05/25/15 diannespain
The exterior is captivating old world elegance. The interior is period true. Creaky wood floors, gorgeous wooden staircase with colorful lead glass. Even the pictures are hung period correct from hangings of string quality from the crown molding. The toilets are a pull up flusher on top of toilet. The breakfast is nothing to speak of. Coffee, tea, some apples, oranges and a few mini muffins. The bed could not be more authentic. Creaky yet comfortable. Just don't turn during the night. The bedding was too poufy to read the close caption on the TV which sits low on an antique dresser. Although this place is still absolutely charming and I would stay here again, I believe in telling as it is to avoid any future travelers disappointment. I would suggest a few things to the owners: Mount the antique headboard to the walls with screws, detach the bed frame and just put the mattress on a quality heavy duty bed frame butted up against the permanently mounted headboard.If you are on the 1st floor you will hear every creak from above but if you are a heavy sleeper it may not bother you. Parking is free across the street and it is within walking distance to a Starbucks, French restaurant and the amazing Cucina Urbana.
"Beautiful Hotel, wonderful experience"
05/25/15 DavideEscalone San Diego, California
The Hotel architecture is unbelievable, I was impress that the Hotel has an historical landmark. Our room was Balboa and it was an amazing experience. The decor inside the room it was perfect. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Definitely good place to stay. Next to restaurants, downtown and two blocs from Balboa park. If I go back to San Diego for sure I´ll be at the Britt Scripps.
"Hidden Gem"
05/24/15 Joanne D
We booked this as looked a bit quirky, we were not disappointed, looks great on the outside and on the inside, I think we booked the Renaissance room which was on the 1st floor on the front corner room, dark wood furnishing with reds felt vety regal, which I like being English lol :-) we were met with a cheerful welcome and even took my heavy case up the stairs! Bed was very comfortable and shower was great. We knew there was no breakfast here as such as detailed on our booking, but did offer hot drinks amd cereal although we didn't have any, as never hungry first thing, there is a Starbucks just round the corner too. We were only there 2 nights, first night we had booked to see a concert not far from the city, we did full day at the Zoo which is great, walked. We ate at Mister A's which is located on the 12th floor of the building opposite, where you park your car (which is free for inn guests by the way, no stress parking here) grest view of the city also on flight path so see planes comiein which is very cool, the mac n cheese here has been said to be the best! Not that cheap but worth it. Next day went to uss midway which is also worth it if you like that kinda thing! Didn't have enough time in San Deigo, so need to go back! Would definitely stay at Britt Scripps again. Thanks Britt Scripps.
"Beautiful old house"
05/20/15 tequila777 El Paso
WE arrived early but Daniel came outside and helped us in with our luggage. They are closed until 1:00pm for cleaning so we walked to the zoo which is about 15 minutes away and came back hours later. Daniel told us the the place was renovated a few years back at $6.5 million. Our room, the Garden room was wonderful. I noticed there was no closet, so that could be a problem. The web site does say it is a bed and breakfast and Daniel said they used to serve a hot breakfast but now it is cheerios, muffins and fruit. The coffee was great. We went elsewhere for breakfast.... there are restaurants close by. We took the #3 bus to the Gaslamp area for the evening. It just goes straight down 4th Avenue. We thought the place was lovely . The next day our taxi driver asked us all about our stay. He said the Inn is considered one of San Diegos jewels. Just don"t expect breakfast unless you like muffins.
"Nice historical home, friendly staff, just lacked that special touch of professionalism..."
05/14/15 Mica H
Stayed here on a work/anniversary trip with my husband. We couldn't find any other reviews on trip advisor at the time (our first red flag) and after calling and calling with some questions about the place, we could never get a hold of anyone on the phone (second red flag). So I finally emailed and got a negative response to any special request questions I had... ie: They wouldn't accommodate an earlier breakfast than 8am, breakfast is just from 8-9:30. And they told us yes, breakfast was provided but not served, it was continental. That was true. It was all cold food items, minus the coffee (provided 24hours) and consisted of a 2 kinds of cereal, milk, juice, and small sweet muffins. That's it. We were there right at 8, when all those choices were there, but it seemed first come, first served, because when I came back later much of it was gone and nothing had been refilled. Basically, I would NOT consider this a bed and BREAKFAST... more of an INN like they call themselves, with free skimpy continental food during strict hours in the morning. :) The staff seemed young, but very friendly. I liked that they got the heavy door for me almost every time I went in and sometimes going out (with luggage), and were quick to offer help WHEN ASKED. They could be trained in dealing with problems more professionally. My problems were minor- I was sick and needed to check out later, which they accomodated (1 hour later), and there were a few issues with the room which I told them about (shaky glass window that rattled in the wind, window coming in from the hallway with light all night, thin walls, ran out of TP,) but the only one of those that I got a fix or comment about doing anything about was the TP. Everything else was "weird" or excuses for why they can't do anything about it. No effort to make the customer happy after a rough night of sleep (due to the light in the room and the knocking at the window all night). We stayed in Governors room. No outdoor patio there. So the friendliness despite the lack of professionalism and the beauty/location(right next to some great restaurants, Balboa Park) of the building itself is what keeps my rating at a 3. Otherwise it'd be lower.
"Deceptive Pricing - Lackluster Breakfast Service"
05/08/15 chasquad Iowa City, Iowa
I booked this stay directly on the Web site for Britt Scripps, although it took me to another site. At $75 a night, it seemed like this was a good deal. I booked it and paid the required down payment, but then we noticed that we were charged DOUBLE! I've seen cruise ships do this and it is expected, but never at a hotel. They display the price per guest and it is based on double occupancy, so when I thought that I was getting a deal at $75 per night, it was actually $150 per night! I'm the only occupant of the room. I called the hotel right after and no one could help! If I cancelled then I would lose the deposit. They claimed to know nothing about the pricing and how deceptive it was even though it is on their Web site when you click the link to book (which takes you somewhere else). This morning, I came down for breakfast at 9:10 AM but was shocked to see that there was no more breakfast other than muffins and cold cereal available (see pic). Usually they server a full breakfast, including eggs, etc. They stop service breakfast at 9:30 but even at 9:10 AM they would not make any more. I'm pretty sure that I paid for breakfast for 2 (double occupancy). The Web site states that they are the #1 Bed and Breakfast in San Diego and the #10 in the nation and was a TripAdvisor 2013 award winner. I'm not certain when this property last changed hands but that award may have been given to the previous owner of the property. On TripAdvisor they have only one review and it is 5 stars, so something must be going on there. This has been a heartbreaking tragedy of a stay. I was so excited to see San Diego only to be disappointed by deceptive tactics and inferior service.
"What a find!"
04/24/15 profesora42 Huntington Beach, CA
This charming B&B was an incredible bargain. When we checked in Daniel so enthusiastically showed us all around the 1887 home, pointing out the many things of interest. He was so informed and exuberant - and with good reason. What an ambassador. In spite of its age, the house has all the "mod cons" (with one of the best showers I've ever seen!) and has undergone a multi-million-dollar renovation. Although not downtown, it was in the very neighborhood where our friends live and close to Balboa Park, our destination for this trip. The arrangement with the parking garage across the street is a real bonus - covered, secure, free and convenient. No rooms with two beds so better for couples than friends perhaps but we loved it all anyway.