All hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Kuwait RoadP O Box 121545, DubaiUnited Arab Emirates, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
Mr. Hassan was very accommodating. Reynaldo was helpful. The rooms were good size but the cleanliness of the bathroom was disappointing. Not a 4-star hotel.
6 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Anna
Was ok the intrnet in the room did not work at all have to go lobby for using of the internet
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Kusum
"Is not a four star hotel!"
Old fashioned hotel, not caring about small nice details. Space is not properly distributed, a lot of noise in the early morning. Bed and cleaning is fine! Staff at front desk not too friendly.. Hotel taxis said they will charge an amount and give a receipt, they dont! My overall experience not nice.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
ifox
"It's a cozy and comfortable hotel"
My experience was grand and worth reliving again. Locations is perfect with proximity to all the actions.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Matthew
"Gross"
The service is poor and they did not even allow me to use complementary WiFi while I was waiting for the room.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Sanjeev
Noisy in the night because of disco as well as Bar smell spreaded over lobby.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Sheikh
"Great experience.. will use Grand Excelsior again"
Hotel and Staff were excellent, Only 5 minute Taxi ride to Convention Center
5 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
This is about our fifth stay at this hotel. Surely this is recommendation enough. Great position and value. Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are efficient. We'll definitely return again.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Relaxing in Bur Dubai"
A solo gate-away to decompress before going home. Quite, relaxed atmosphere, great customer service.
4 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Donald
"This is Not A Four Star Hotel"
The hotel shouldn't be rated four stars at all! It wasn't very clean and organized, the staffs weren’t very friendly or professional, and it was extremely noisy at night, because it had a bar with very loud speakers that could be heard from a distance (the loud speaker’s volume could be heard from my room in the fifth floor). The room furniture and the bathroom tools weren't very clean, and seemed old.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"gone downhill"
Compared to previous stays, the hotel was looking distinctly shabby and in need of renovation. Cracked fittings in the bathroom and a small room.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Greater attention should be paid to cleanliness. Guests should not second guess if the table top glasses are clean on the top, I got a stained towel that was replaced. The overall asset was good.
4 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2014
"Bare sleeping bed"
Hotel does not offer competitive services. No pick and drop, no INTERNET, no Breakfast but high charges. Only good thing was great assistance from Receptionist (Mr. Shareeil, if I remember name correctly). There was no one to welcome us at main door and take our luggage to lobby. After several minutes one person came and literally he was throwing our bags on the cart. He drove cart to lobby and roughly dropped all bags in the lobby. Housekeeping and electrician were cooperative. If you got a room on Kuwait Road side, view is great.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Vance
"Condition of the rooms"
The room had a smell. The breakfast is average not worth the money been charged
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
rob
"Clean, comforting and inviting hotel"
Front desk peopel are polite, professional and always kind and caring. boo this hotel directly, not through middle man.
3 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
Kamwand
"highly recommend"
Good
4 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
lannguyen
"Title"
Very pleasant stay. I don't have the time needed to write more and if you don't accept this one I won't submit the review at all. Actually, I'd like to complain about your tyrannical 'review' website that insists I write an unspecified minimum wordcount. I was only trying to do the hotel a favor by posting a good review since I had a nice time there, but your expedia website has turned me off completely. Never will I post another review.......................this is the 4th time I've had to revise this. And it will be the last.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Sue
"Decent Hotel"
Hotel Staff was accommodating but not too attentive. Rooms are spacious but outdated. Decent hotel for the price.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Patrick
"Nice hotel, but very disappointing staff!"
I spent two nights at this hotel in January 2014. The environment was generally okay. But I saw human hair inside my bathtub, which wasn't great. The biggest turn-off for me was the attitude of the front desk staff. One staff went out of his way to make things difficult for me. When I asked to see the Manager on duty, she was not helpful either. I concluded they did not like me because it was clear from their responses to me that I wasn't welcome although they welcomed my money!
Other trip Feb 5, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great ambience and in-house facilities."
this is my 4th stay with this hotel and should say it all... i love the place. Some things worth mentioning are Staff co-operation and support. Friendliness, access to facilities and comfort, in house bar, pub, restaurants, night clubs, spa, pool...amazing hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
H
"Very Good"
Excellent but they need to more professional
6 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Manmeet Singh
IN
"Most comfortable stay so far in Dubai !!"
Awesome service provided by the extremely courteous and understanding staff. The check in staff deserves special attention for making all arrangements as requested and also on top of it providing benefits of iprefer membership.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
H
The hotel was very clean, only problem we had was the AC in the room stopped working throughout the night and it leaked a lot of water into the dressing area because of this. There is a nightclub downstairs and although our room was on the 6th floor- it was still pretty loud. It didn't bother us but it may bother others who may want to stay in the hotel. There is a local supermarket where we bought our breakfast each morning as breakfast was not included in our package. There isn't much shopping close by to the hotel and we had to take a taxi everywhere. I would stay here again but the fact we had to pay a tourist tax on top of the hotel room price when we arrived was a joke because there was nothing touristic about the area
5 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
"NOT DUBAI STANDARDS"
Dhow place used to be excellent earlier but this time my customer was totally unhappy .even no one picks up phone at operator or reception . just useless , it is worst then 1 star hotel , NOT DUBAI STANDARDS , MY NEXT GUEST WAS AT HOTEL MAJISTIC N IT WAS JUST WONDERFULL,
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
A k
"Tranquil Solitude"
The Grand Excelsior is an excellent choice. A nice walk to the Burjuman Mall, shopping in Karama Market, and nearby restaurants, make this an ideal hotel to stay. The rooms are comfortable and cozy, and some provide a view of the Burj Kalifa. The staff always greet you upon entrance and treat you so nice. There is a restaurant which is very nice.
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
"Great living"
I choose Grand Excelsior as my hotel of choice when staying in Dubai. The accommodations, comfort and location are great. And depending on your room, you have a great view of the Burj Khalifa area. It is also very close to Al Mamzar beach, which is a great place to take an evening walk.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2015
PH
"Grand Excelsior Dubai -- Great value for money"
Went to Dubai on business for a couple of days. The Grand Excelsior hotel has a great location in Bur Dubai. Lots of Dining options within the hotel and in the near vicinity. Malls are also close by. Rooms are spacious and clean. Great value for money
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Anirudh Santosh
"3 stars overall !"
For the work I was there, the hotel was very centrally located. Was there in all 4 nights, and while most things were in place, little things like room service could have been much better. There was also no menu card in the room that I could order from.
5 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
It was very confortable
7 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
samih
"grand excelsior review"
The hotel is in a good location so if you have a rental car you can get around without having to get stuck in a lot of traffic. The hotel itself is fairly old and smells like mold in the rooms. This hotel used to be called dhow palace hotel and most local people know it by the former name. The house keeping staff was good and they cleaned our room daily.
8 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Syed
"Highly recommended,"
Excllent staff, very helpful and courteous. Good location, I would stay there again. A bit of cigarettes Oder in the lobby.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Mohammad
"6 nights I stayed, 1st was tuff rest ok"
I went for business, first night bad experiance, I arrived early 10 am, I made res thru hotels.com when I arrived I had no reservation, I show reception hotels.com confirmation then after noon I had the room,when night come Big party under my room 1st floor, I could not sleep I went to Egyptian manager night shift who only wrote in system request to change a room,he could not move me it was 1 am, After one hour 2 am I come back to reception the Egyptian manager was gone good change for me and replaced with lady manager that moved me immediately and took action, rest 4 nights were ok. hotel is good location opposite is a mosque good car parking. not bad overall if you take low rate as I had,next time I will go for better one inshallah.
5 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
AHMED
"Very nice and helpful staff. Room disappointing."
As said above no complaint about the hotel but lots of complaint about YOU (EXPEDIA) I was misguided by your sales person. He confirmed with me that I will be given an extra bed for my 12 year child. I was also told that he will tell the hotel that it was my wife's 50th birthday treat holiday and see if they could give a free breakfirst. When I found that the bed was not in the room, I was told that I have to pay extra 950 dhirhams (£175). I did not have that money and had to put my 12 year old son in bed with us. I could not sleep due to too many in one bed. I could not even kiss my wife GOOD NIGHT due to the son in bed Sex was out of question/impossible. My whole holiday was spoilt and am looking for full refund and compensation. As for my wife's birthday, they had no idea of it at all. I was not looking for free bees but at least a birthday wish. I await for your reply. Regards S A Ladha
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
ali
"Excellent hotel"
Throughout our stay at grand excelsior bur dubai it was very comfortable.The service was very nice .i most certainly recommend this hotel.Staff very friendly.except for the guy who was sitting at the desk where he arranges your tours in dubai,he was very rude and not very attentive phone was more important than the customer.Apart from this very lovely place to stay.breakfast needs more veriaty and change daily otherwise you are eating same daily.Nice restaurants to dine in evenings.definately recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
y
It is getting a bit old. no decoration. old appliances and bath room. staff were not as friendley as they should be
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Am
"Great value for money"
Nice large rooms clean & quite. Good central location
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Convenient, well-priced hotel"
This was my second visit to the hotel and it didn't disappoint. Friendly staff, large bedroom, good bathroom, pleasant Health Club on the roof and a good location - easy to walk to the Metro and to local restaurants. The Sports Bar was a bit smokey (unfortunate) and breakfast seemed over-priced, but these do not detract from a good place to stay.
3 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Poor communication"
1. They do not respond to mail enquires 2. Want a food item in the breakfast on A'la carte, but they charged me for Buffet
Other trip May 7, 2014
all over good
3 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Asifa
IN
This is a good place to stay while in Dubai. Very comfortable.
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
Bud
"Good hotel"
I had many a review about hotels in Dubai and obviously you can pay thousands. This is situated in Bur Dubai, a few minutes drives from downtown new build. With a rental car it was easy to visit nearby beaches, downtown, Dubai Marina. The hotel was of 4 star grade in terms of rooms and facilities. I did not have any problem with the staff and they were more than welcome to assist. It is a great place to stay
4 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Vineyboy
Clean and great service
2 night trip Jan 22, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Bra!"
Utformad som en båt! Perfekt om du vill uppleva "gamla" Dubai. 10 minuters promenad till närmaste tunnelbana (ADCB) som tog oss till linjen rakt till t ex Burj Khalifa, Jumeriah och Mall of the Emirates. En längre promenad så hamnade vi vid muséet, souker och så kan man ta en taxibåt över till guldsouken t ex.
Romance trip Apr 17, 2016
Elisabeth
SE
"청결하고 위치 좋은 호텔"
일단 객실은 깔끔합니다. 칫솔이랑 기본 세면도구도 잘 나오고요. 위치도 상당히 좋아서 이동하기에 편리합니다. 두바이몰은 택시타고 20분 정도, 아시아나 호텔은 10분 좀 넘게 걸립니다. 공항까지는 택시비 AED 50에 25분가량 소요되오니 참조하세요. 친구들과 묵는다면 강력 추천합니다.
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
DONGHA
KR
체크인을 할때 시간이 소요되었지만 체크아웃은 빠른 편이었습니다.
1 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2015
KR
"Vicino metro"
Camera bella un pochino vecchiotto nel complesso accettabile
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
davide
IT
"Ótimo custo beneficio!"
Hotel localizado perto do centro antigo e ao porto. Hotel de boa qualidade!
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015