All hotels in Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America
4685 A Northeast 14th Street, I-35 Exit #136 (NE 14th St), Des Moines, IA, 50313, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.7
"Bad Service"
Tv didn't work. No pillow cases on pillows. When mentioned condition to the staff I was informed to wait until morning to discuss conditions with morning staff.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"it's a good option for those on a budget."
clean room, low price, easy to get in and out and around town.
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Not a good room, quite disappointing"
Bathroom with mold on the ceiling, holes in walls, headboard on one bed barely connected, at best warm water in the AM. Not a good property. Slogan stay close to adventure, I choose not to try Travelodge again. I hope their other properties are not like this,
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
william m.
"A good nights sleep"
The mattress was great! Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. The sheets smelled of bleach. The valance was falling of the ceiling. The desk drawer was broken. There is a water stain on the bathroom ceiling, a leak from the room above. It obvious it's been leaking for awhile, the area had been patched and had a new stain.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"gross."
The room was dirty and reeked of cigarette smoke, despite it being a no -smoking room. Mold in the bathroom, splatter marks on the wall. There was a lot of yelling and the walls were very thin. The breakfast was a joke--the biscuits were cold and hard, the gravy was insanely greasy. Would definitely not return.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Abigail
"Could get by for a night, but don't pay much."
Stayed only one night. Rate too high for a substandard hotel like this one. Room had problems. Bathroom faucet not even mounted on sink, and no exhaust fan. Old TV from the 80's. Got the opportunity to see what watching TV used to be like back in the old days. I could get by for one night but not worth the money. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't anything good. Watery orange juice, weak coffee, old donuts, tasteless waffle mix and syrup, poor choice of cereals, biscuits & gravy, and old bread and bagels that toasted up ok. Would never stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"Comfy"
The room was surprisingly cozy. I appreciated the furniture, also the breakfast was standard.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
jackie
"Overnight on a road trip"
The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning had a good variety of choices.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
rox
"Great price for a room in Des Moines IA"
Hotel was clean and pleasant looking. Hard to find as it is located behind a Baymont Inn (they share a parking lot). First room I was given had a non-functional tv, but the staff quickly moved me to a new room and were very nice! My only real compaint is the bathroom mirror and shower head are very short. I am six foot and had to bend over to see my face in the mirror
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
randall
The hotel was located in the rear of another hotel and behind the Travelodge was a trucking parking storage. Needed updating.Breakfast bar was fairly sparse.No donuts no Danish no rolls.Hard biscuits hard English muffins . The first day they were out of coffee and the waffle m.ix dispenser was broken
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
We just needed a place to sleep. We arrived at 11:00 pm and left at 7:00 am. Lack of breakfast selections is my biggest complaint.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"needs a little work"
the room was not very clean, my friend, requested cleaning products,
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Deborah L
"Questionable stay"
After informing front desk manager I had made an online reservation, she informed it hadn't shown up on her computer. Ok,that was fine. She then answered the phone & was answering a potential customer's call when her personal phone rings. She answered it & proceeded to have a non work related conversation. The customer hung up. She was not at all professional! The stairwells were so gross & dirty! The room was better but it smelled bad & was dirty behind the beds. The wi- fi didn't work & the front desk manager offered little help beyond her repeating the password! Then an hour into out stay, there's a knock at the door. They wouldn't go away so I finally got up to answer & it was a pan handler! Not the best experience!!!
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Lydia
"Clean linen. Good location. Basic"
Bed was clean and comfortable. First room I was given smelt like cigarette smoke so I was moved to another without any issue. Very basic and a little run down and in need of some maintenance and updating.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Say What?"
My friend and I stayed for two nights, if I could have gotten a refund we would not have stayed at all. The first room had a line of ants walking across the wall and onto my bed. When we let the desk attendent know she informed us that it was not their fault, its the AC, in a tone that made it obvious that she thought it was our problem. She did not apologize but she switched our room, to the second floor because she said all the lower ones would have ants. ??? The second night we returned to the hotel room at ten to find our keys did not work. When we got to the front desk we had to wait for the night attendent finish yelling at her kids to get service. She did nothing, not even make eye contact, so we started the conversation. She said nothing to us except, "what room?" Then reprogrammed the keys - without even verifying I was the proper guest. I then let her know the big sticky spill we walked through on our way out that afternoon was still left at the top of the stairs only now spread out as people had been walking through it for 6 hours, she said "so?" I looked at her and explained i was tired  of walking through it, she handed me a mop! SAY WHAT?!? The next morning we explained everything to the day attendent who also did not apologize but told me to write it down so they could have proof cause "we've been trying to fire her." When we left at eleven that AM the spill and mop both remained where I left them. I only suggest this hotel if you want to pay to do their jobs for them.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
Michele
"good place to stay--just not great"
This is a good place to stay if you want a reasonable rate. Don't count on the breakfast though--Its a lot of bread and really nothing more. Breads, donuts, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, biscuits (with gravy if you want it) oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and waffles. Those are your choices. I forgot apples too. The staff is friendly and quick about whatever you need. The rooms are clean and the water gets HOT. The mattresses are hard and the beds on risers. Mine was a little "wiggly" when I got on it and rolled over during the night. For the price, it is a good value.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Good for what it is"
This isn't the nicest hotel ever, but for the price its fine. It isn't the best to look at and the interior is dated and worn, but my room was clean and the staff was very courteous.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Nasty"
I was picking up my son in des moines on our way to Ohio so I chose this hotel. HUGE mistake. This had to be the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in and I'm not that picky either. Carpets filthy with stains and being sticky. Walls gross very old like from the1950s and never been updated. Breakfast consists of stale donuts (that she begged us to take as we left). Will never stay here again and wouldn't recommend not even as a last resort.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Rae Wynperle
"Easy to get to"
Attending a conference and found it very easy to get to and from the hotel and convention center. Hotel is very close to the freeway, which also made it easy to start my journey home.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"travelodge"
I rated this hotel all 5's because the room was PERFECT. They had good selection of breakfast items even tho waffles were out of order. Juice and milk and smiley staff made my one night stay pleasant...for that I thank you and 5 stars. In and out of hotel with ease and loved how my event was literally walking distance. Cheap and a good place to stay I I recommend.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Randy
"Des Moines"
Staff was nice and courteous, breakfast adequate (waffle maker needed a good cleaning). Room was clean but the bed was broken down/ worn out, TV picture was horrible. This property could use some updating.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
Bob Paulsen
"You get what you pay for."
Needed a hotel for one night for Des Moines Marathon. All city hotels were already booked and this one was cheap and not too far away. It's an old hotel with all that comes with it, but it served its purpose. Some weird noise in the middle of the night.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Travel Lodge Horrible"
Arrived at the Travelodge at 10pm. Went into the lobby and noticed a printed sign on the counter stating WIFI problems. Clerk assigned a room and stated that WIFI comes in and out. I went to the room and found the room key was not working well and after the 10th try the door finally opened. My wife started to place our luggage into the room when I turned on the TV and it did not work, So I called the front desk and after troubleshooting over the phone they told me to come down and they would give me a different room. Got the new room key tried it on the door many times it did not work. When down told the front desk and another genleman was there with the other person. He stated that the door lock was malfuctioning and maintenance was supposed to fix it and would let the manager know. Then they both laughed about it. After the third try we finally got a room. Hallways were natsy, carpet had stains, and breakfeast was stale. If you are looking for somewhere to stay cheap and dont care about the condidtions you sleep in, here you go. Otherwise, I would never or recommend anyone to stay here!!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"close to visiting a relative"
First room smelled like dirty diapers requested another room Second room : fan in bathroom not working . no grab bars in shower. safety bar on inside of door broken .Stayed in that room but not satisfied at all
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"No Elevator!!!!!!!!!"
This hotel was just ok. No elevator after a long car trip really kind of a bummer. Also the back stair well had very poor lighting and visibility. Concern for personal safety an issue there.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Ms. Praz
"Travelodge is right off interstate easy to get to"
The motel is starting to look shabby. They are trying to fix up some rooms with new drapes, strip of fabric on bed, and dust ruffle on bed. We had a nice warm breakfast. Ok motel for the cheaper price. I did not see any bugs and the bed and pillows were comfortable.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Iowa crafter
"It was okay."
Convenient to facility where my grand daughter's wedding was held. Had some difficulty in locating. Motel was clean and had a microwave and fridge in the room. Did not hear any hiway noise. Facility needs new carpet and some updating. Breakfast was average, needed more variety like some yogurt instead of just donuts and bread. Biscuits were cold and hard, gravy was good.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
"Overnight"
The price was right. The WI FI did not work.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Sept. 8, 2013"
Seemed clean. Rooms were nice. Didn't know there was a pool. Staff were very friendly. We forgot a pillow, when we called we were told they would keep it at the front desk. When we returned, 8hrs later, it wasn't there. We checked the room and there it was, the room hadn't been cleaned yet. Would probably stay there again. Great for just overnight stay.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Just ok"
Didn't like the fact it was tucked in behind another motel. Office was in kind of a weird location. Desk clerk was very nice. Room was clean, but the whole place could use some updating. Hubby didn't like how hard the bed was, but I thought it was ok. Can't please everyone!! Location was great for our purpose. Doubt we would stay here again given the amount of hotels in and around Des Moines.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Alright place to stay"
The staff was very friendly and the facilities were in good shape overall. The vending machine didn't work for my entire stay (8 days), but the young lady at the front desk offered me some nearby suggestions. The breakfast was odd. I would have much preferred scrambled eggs to the cold hard-boiled ones available next to the biscuits and gravy. The room was clean, the WiFi was solid, and it was furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the fact that there was no elevator. As I was staying for an extended amount of time, I had fairly heavy bags, which I had to lug up a concrete staircase outside (with 100 degree heat). I understand that the place had been around for a while (and was in good shape for the age), but I would have requested a 1st floor room if I had known that ahead of time.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Crys
"Good for a single guy"
If I had a family I would not stay here with them. It's located behind a Baymont and the parking lot seems so secluded I wouldn't even let my wife walk out to the car to get something by herself. If you're a single guy looking for a cheap place to stay then this is perfect. If you don't mind standing in the parking lot and feeling like you're going to get mugged then this is right up your alley. It is very convenient to the the highway, but other than that I would drive the extra few miles to stay in a better hotel in a better neighborhood.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Greg
"smoke"
The hotel and the hotel room smelled like smoke!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Close to Adventureland"
Internet connection was not so good, and couldn't use their computer. Otherwise, our stay was good.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"horrible"
I will never stay there again. It's one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. we couldn't lock put things in the safe because of former employee had all the keys
3 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"Nice stay for the $"
We only needed one night and it was more than adequate. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast in the morning. The outside looks a little dated but the room was nice.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Travelodge stay"
when we got to the 2nd floor there was caution tape across the top step. When entering our room it smelled so badly of baby powder. The toilet seat was broken, so when you sat on it, the seat and you fell to the floor. The bed was very hard and baby powder smell was very strong. Our window was very very difficult to get to shut and lock. Air conditioner was terribly loud. In the lobby the computer for quests was out of service. The bathroom in the lobby was out of service. The tables to eat breakfast at were very wobbly. This is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"State Fair visit"
The rooms and service were satisfactory for the amount of time we spent there.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Very nice with a lumpy bed."
They were fixing things trying to keep it up.nice pool. nice people.good value for the money.thumbs up.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
steve
"Oh, my."
I booked this room because it was the only one I found under $100 a night in the area. It was almost comical. The air conditioner made loud noises the first 3 days. The bathroom sink spigots were loose. The disgusting carpet had many stains and a torn out section glued back in. A ceiling light blinked on and off at night even when it was turned off. The room phone didn't work. Need I say more?
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Gordy
"Pleasantly surprised."
We were pleasantly surprised to have continental breakfast, a refridgerator and a microwave in the room. This was very inviting. The staff was wonderful and we have already reserved it for next year.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Jill
"Inexpensive and near where I wanted to be."
The room was clean and had what I needed. I don't stay at a motel for it's ambiance. To me it is just a place to sleep at night. I am in a location to do the things planned outside the motel. The T.V. reception was not good. The bathroom was hard to get around in. The pool was outdoors and shared with another motel. I did not go out to the pool but I did not see anyone else go out either. The location was in an industrial location rather than in a location with a lot of other motels. I thought it was alright because of the price and the location to whom I was visiting and because it was a last minute decision to make the reservation.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Needs work"
Great location to adventureland. Quiet location. We had an overhead light that flickered all night even with the switch off. The AC rattled all night. Bathrrom faucet felt like it was not bolted down. Clean but in need of some updates and general repairs.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
add
It's an older motel. Not luxurious by any means. But is close to amusement park which is why we were there. If you just looking for some place to lay your head the price is right
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
Pat
"Not bad for the price"
it was okay for the price 10 mins from downtown. Staff was very friendly.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"It's a dump."
To enter the hotel you must walk through an outdoor corridor. There were about 20 people sitting along the corridor smoking. To enter we had to walk a disgusting smoke gauntlet. This gave a very poor first impression and the desk clerk did nothing to change that impression. His response to my complaint of needing to walk through a haze of toxins in order to get inside was that they were allowed to smoke there and that he was not going to tell them thet couldn't. Under no circumstances should anyone ever for any reason ever stay at Travelodge in Des Moines.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Hotel near interstate"
It was nice to be next to the interstate. The hotel looked like it could use some sprucing up but for the most part was clean. The biggest complaint was that we had a non-smoking room but as soon as you walked into the room you were hit by a very powerful smoke smell. We did let the hotel front desk know immediately so they would not think it was us.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Suzanne
"Uncomfortable"
The bathroom sink was disgusting gurgling up crap all night. We complained to front office and they did not bother to fix it. We had to brush our teeth using the bathtub water because our sink was plugged up and the water would not go down. The lady at office did not wear shoes in lobby area during breakfast. She was walking barefoot...gross!! It was really humid in our room too.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Dana
"room"
not too bad room kinda small.. Really hard to find the office..... off to the side no signs saying OFFICE....
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
al
"We stay there because its less expensive."
this stay was less agreeable than before. more rundown. less clean. desk clerk abrupt and less friendly.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013