All hotels in Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America
4685 A Northeast 14th Street, I-35 Exit #136 (NE 14th St), Des Moines, IA, 50313, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.6
    2.7
"Low budget"
Obviously you get what you pay for, but keycard locks on the hallway exit doors would be nice for the part of town it is in. I did not feel safe with the lack of safety the building provided. The rooms were nice and the staff was very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Close"
It was close to the interstate, had gas and food nearby,(if you like burger king). For the money a great value.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
The hotel smells like stale cigarette smoke when you walk in. The stairwell is disgusting. The hotel was constantly out of towels. Luckily we brought swim towels from home for the pool. On the plus side... We loved that the hotel had an outdoor pool and that our room had a fridge and microwave. That allowed us to save even more money by not eating out for even meal. The continental breakfast was the usual. It was really nice that they allowed guests to eat past the posted breakfast hours of 6-9am. We were able to pack up our vehicle and eat right before check out.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"Dirty and musty"
Will not go back
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"OK for the money"
We were staying one night so we didn't need anything fancy. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good value for the dollar.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Jeff and Connie
"Rooms not very nice"
The room we were in had a broken lamp, broken bathroom door knob, broken bathtub water stop and broken tv remote.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"nice hotel,"
Nice hotel, I had one concern about the hot water in the shower. The management took care of the issue right away.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Stayed there before and have reservations again"
I like the breakfast bar and price of room. Rooms are starting to show some age but not bad. Great comfortable queen size bed.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Stay away!"
This was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at, from its sketchy location behind a Baymont Hotel, to the untidy common areas, to the poorly maintained room. The bathroom smelled like urine, the TV and remote did not work, and there was mold in the refrigerator. To make it worse, I had to pay extra upon check in because the king-sized bedroom I requested and booked on Hotels.com was not available when I arrived an hour later and was charged to "upgrade" to two double beds. Stay away!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Not the cleanest room in the world put an OK hotel for the price.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Very convenient to interstate travel"
The hotel was easy to find - close to interstate but away by 1/4 mile so road noise was minimized. Hotel is older but very well maintained, quiet, clean and room was equipped with a frig. Breakfast was beyond just pastries and included hot items and served very early so we could eat before getting back on the road. Staff was very helpful and considerate. We would use this hotel again for a cross country trip.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Anon
"First appearances can be deceiving"
We were in town for a track meet and we needed a place to lay our heads for 4 nights. After reading the reviews I chose the Travelodge based on price and location. The neighborhood had kind of an industrial look to it but I found it to be very quiet. Furthermore I did discover a number of restaurants within a mile or two that provided a great variety of food. The hotel itself looked a bit worn down during check-in but that was misleading as the room was clean and it didn't smell. The beds were comfortable except for the ultra-thick comforters on them. The free breakfast was very good and the eating area was kept very clean. Overall I'm impressed and would stay here again next time I'm in town if the price was similar to what I paid this time.
4 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Last-minute booking fit for a King"
Booked hotel through Expedia the day before when my presence was required for a tele-conference. First, the man who checked me in was very accommodating; I had to communicate my room number in advance. He checked me in at noon without me having to wait for the usual check-in time of 3 pm. That lessened my stress load tremendously as I could focus on preparations from within the room. Also, coffee is available all day long, the complimentary breakfast is generous, although a little heavy on starches, and computer access to the Internet is easily available. Note: the PC could use some routine maintenance servicing because the browser is slowed way down; many extraneous, possibly malware seems to be clogging it. The price for a last-minute King was quite cut-rate for a hotel in such good condition. The check-in clerk recommended I stay with Expedia given that result.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Sage
"close to Adventureland and rest."
Hotel was convenient - the only complaint is it was very noisy on the second night of our stay. Night manager did not do anything after he received complaints
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
DiAnna
"A bit overpriced."
Hotel was clean, but needs updating of decor and electronics. Price was was to high for condition of hotel and location.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"badly in need of remodeling and maintenance"
halls an d rooms were EXTREMELY musty.moldy smelling; carpets in desparate need of replacement -ours had huge torn square which was poorly fixed; toilet seat was loose;all lamps did not work; complementary breakfast was not quite as advertised -- waffle maker was broken ( had printed laminated sign so obviously not knew occurance, scramled eggs only one day - next day had hard boiled eggs, no tea bags for hot tea -- staff was nice but all else not recommendable.
2 night trip May 27, 2013
becky
"Pleasently suprised. Nice mattress and pillows."
This was a nice room for the price. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. My room was quiet. The breakfast was great.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"dimond in the ruff needs work could be a great pla"
The building and the pool need to be upgraded and cleaned up. No water in pool floor of pool chipping and peeling paint. Outside hazards to the west end of building. Why are the vestibule so huge on the stair wells. They could be used for more ice machines and vending.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Not impressed!"
It looked like a dump. The front entry looked like a back door entrance. The furniture needed updating and the walls were dirty.
Other trip May 24, 2013
"Not close to description"
Though the room itself was clean the whole hotel smelled like smoke even though its a smoke-free hotel. It is also no where near the town center or near anything at all.
2 night trip May 15, 2013
Annie
"Pleasant stay"
The service checking in was slow, possibly a computer problem but the lady at the front desk was extremely friendly. Overall it was a good experience, not too far from anywhere you I needed to go
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Jared
One day we didnt have cable for a whole day
Family trip May 16, 2013
Rich
Beds and pillows were awesome. The room smelled a bit.
3 night business trip May 9, 2013
The staff was very nice but slow. Breakfest was so-so. The entrance from the road was not very well marked. I had to really look.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
I think it should be tore down
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2013
jerry
"Unhappy Business Traveler"
I booked one of my travelers here. He came back and said "Do not ever book me at that hotel again." He didn't elaborate. I was not going to press him for more information, because he was NOT happy.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
"ok hotel if you are only there for a little bit"
Small, outdated, window locks were broken, but staff was ok and for a quick overnight it was ok. Longer stay is a no!
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"Adequate hotel for the price."
Room was clean and uncluttered--very basic. Light in bathroom was out when we arrived, but was replaced quickly. No workable fan in bathroom. Needed to get new keys cuz after two days our original keys did not work. The electrical fixture for the refrigerator and microwave was very loose in the wall...we told the staff about it who said it would be checked very soon. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient. We just used the place for sleeping as we were out most of the daytime hours. For the price it was more good than not. Would we go back? Probably so.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
greg
"Economy for sure!"
VERY unimpressed with this hotel but for the price guess i shouldnt complain. When we walked in the door off the stairs to get to our upstairs room it was a room with 4 old mattresses laying on the floor. The room was very outdated and worn but did have a fridge and microwave which was nice. The service and breakfast was ok. Would never return though.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Emily
"One year later"
We were less satisfied with our stay this time. We had people in the room next to us that were very loud the first night. The lobby area did not seem as clean. It was especially noticeable for the breakfast. The clerk behind the desk couldn't stay awake. We ate breakfast to the sound of his snoring as he was seated behind the desk. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the shower worked nicely. We also appreciated the speed of the wireless Internet connection.
3 night trip Feb 28, 2013
"Awful desk clerk"
I will not stay in another Travelodge. The person at the desk was away for over 30 minutes and then got an attitude and refused to check me in. I had to call the sheriff to make him give me the room that I had paid for.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
"Ehh"
I've been to worse. It was clean enough just not well maintained. The TV remote turned the heater on and off but not the TV.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2012
Steph
"Stay Someplace Else"
All three outer doors had broken locks. Very insecure. Bed was not real comfortable. It was very noisy. We could hear showers and TV's from rooms 2 rooms down and up. TV remote was broken. Shower head is chest level. Breakfast was picked over and barren by 7:30 AM.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Motel on a budget"
was given a room with a cracked toilet seat so when I got to the room to immediately use the bathroom I realized that my shoes and clothing were sitting in water. Two out of the three nights there were several law enforcement officials nosing around the motel grounds. It made me feel uneasy. Upkeep and security need an improvement here so that guests feel safe and clean during their stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
Dale
"time to freshen up"
The hotel over all is in need of upkeep... chipped sidewalk, thead bare carpet, paint rubbed off the hand rails. Very hot and muggy turn on the air! The alarm clock in our room was broke... good thing we had our phone alarm set up or we would have missed our event.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Terrible"
I would suggest going one step up from this place. Room smelled bad. Facilioty was shabby.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2012
"weekend visit"
for a very low cost room, we were pleasantly surprised to find it clean and comfortable. While the room itself was a little on the small size, it was fine for my wife and me. Maybe a little small if you are traveling with a family. I always judge cleanliness by the condition of the bathroom and this was pretty clean. Older tv and out-dated furniture but I'm not gonna live here, just stay for a day or two, so it was fine.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
tom
"Ugh"
Dirty, no swimming pool, found a black widow in my bathroom, no elevator, staff very friendly and nice.
Other trip Jul 17, 2012
"e.g. "Great hotel for a family""
Good experience. Courteous staff. Room was clean and the continental breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 17, 2012

"Etwas angejahrt aber sehr bequem und freundlich"
Das Travelodge in Des Moines liegt ein ganzes Stück außerhalb des Stadtkerns, ist aber vom Interstate 35 aus sehr gut zu erreichen. Mit dem Auto ist man auch sehr schnell in Downtown. Für Reisende ohne Auto ist das Hotel auch nicht zu empfehlen, denn außer anderen Hotels und Motels gibt es in Fußreichweite nix. Die Einrichtung des Motels ist zwar schon etwas älter, aber alles ist sehr sauber und wirkt (für eine Kette) sehr liebevoll und gemütlich. Ich habe in dem bequemen Bett sehr gut geschlafen. Mein Zimmer war für amerikanische Verhältnisse vergleichsweise klein (also für deutsche Verhältnisse immer noch groß) und mit allem Wichtigen ausgestattet: Fernsehen, Mikrowelle, Kaffemaschine, Kühlschrank. Selbstverständlich gibt es auch kostenloses WiFi (verschlüsselt). Der Service an der Rezeption war sehr frendlich und hilfsbereit, zum Beispiel nahm man sich viel Zeit mir den Weg in die Innenstadt zu erklären und zu sagen, was sich dort zu sehen lohnt. Im Großen und Ganzen war ich mit dem Travelodge und dem Preisleistungsverhältnis sehr zufrieden.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
MS
DE
"Allmänt bra"
Bra hotel om du vill bo billigt
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
soryd
SE
"Et nedslitt og forfallent motell"
Dette motellet var nedslitt og umoderne. De har et utendørsbasseng, men så og si alle stolene der er ødelagte. Ingenting er vedlikeholdt. Den standard motellfrokosten de også har der, var verre enn på andre steder. Alt av brødvarer var tørt og virket gammelt. De i resepsjonen var heller ikke særlig blide. Dette stedet anbefaler vi ikke.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2013