All hotels in Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America
4685 A Northeast 14th StreetI-35 Exit #136 (NE 14th St), Des MoinesIA50313United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

Breakfast is average
    Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Food is not good
"Overnight"
The price was right. The WI FI did not work.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Sept. 8, 2013"
Seemed clean. Rooms were nice. Didn't know there was a pool. Staff were very friendly. We forgot a pillow, when we called we were told they would keep it at the front desk. When we returned, 8hrs later, it wasn't there. We checked the room and there it was, the room hadn't been cleaned yet. Would probably stay there again. Great for just overnight stay.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"Just ok"
Didn't like the fact it was tucked in behind another motel. Office was in kind of a weird location. Desk clerk was very nice. Room was clean, but the whole place could use some updating. Hubby didn't like how hard the bed was, but I thought it was ok. Can't please everyone!! Location was great for our purpose. Doubt we would stay here again given the amount of hotels in and around Des Moines.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Alright place to stay"
The staff was very friendly and the facilities were in good shape overall. The vending machine didn't work for my entire stay (8 days), but the young lady at the front desk offered me some nearby suggestions. The breakfast was odd. I would have much preferred scrambled eggs to the cold hard-boiled ones available next to the biscuits and gravy. The room was clean, the WiFi was solid, and it was furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the fact that there was no elevator. As I was staying for an extended amount of time, I had fairly heavy bags, which I had to lug up a concrete staircase outside (with 100 degree heat). I understand that the place had been around for a while (and was in good shape for the age), but I would have requested a 1st floor room if I had known that ahead of time.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Crys
"Good for a single guy"
If I had a family I would not stay here with them. It's located behind a Baymont and the parking lot seems so secluded I wouldn't even let my wife walk out to the car to get something by herself. If you're a single guy looking for a cheap place to stay then this is perfect. If you don't mind standing in the parking lot and feeling like you're going to get mugged then this is right up your alley. It is very convenient to the the highway, but other than that I would drive the extra few miles to stay in a better hotel in a better neighborhood.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Greg
"smoke"
The hotel and the hotel room smelled like smoke!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Close to Adventureland"
Internet connection was not so good, and couldn't use their computer. Otherwise, our stay was good.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"horrible"
I will never stay there again. It's one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. we couldn't lock put things in the safe because of former employee had all the keys
3 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"Nice stay for the $"
We only needed one night and it was more than adequate. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast in the morning. The outside looks a little dated but the room was nice.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Travelodge stay"
when we got to the 2nd floor there was caution tape across the top step. When entering our room it smelled so badly of baby powder. The toilet seat was broken, so when you sat on it, the seat and you fell to the floor. The bed was very hard and baby powder smell was very strong. Our window was very very difficult to get to shut and lock. Air conditioner was terribly loud. In the lobby the computer for quests was out of service. The bathroom in the lobby was out of service. The tables to eat breakfast at were very wobbly. This is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"State Fair visit"
The rooms and service were satisfactory for the amount of time we spent there.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Very nice with a lumpy bed."
They were fixing things trying to keep it up.nice pool. nice people.good value for the money.thumbs up.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
steve
"Oh, my."
I booked this room because it was the only one I found under $100 a night in the area. It was almost comical. The air conditioner made loud noises the first 3 days. The bathroom sink spigots were loose. The disgusting carpet had many stains and a torn out section glued back in. A ceiling light blinked on and off at night even when it was turned off. The room phone didn't work. Need I say more?
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Gordy
"Pleasantly surprised."
We were pleasantly surprised to have continental breakfast, a refridgerator and a microwave in the room. This was very inviting. The staff was wonderful and we have already reserved it for next year.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Jill
"Inexpensive and near where I wanted to be."
The room was clean and had what I needed. I don't stay at a motel for it's ambiance. To me it is just a place to sleep at night. I am in a location to do the things planned outside the motel. The T.V. reception was not good. The bathroom was hard to get around in. The pool was outdoors and shared with another motel. I did not go out to the pool but I did not see anyone else go out either. The location was in an industrial location rather than in a location with a lot of other motels. I thought it was alright because of the price and the location to whom I was visiting and because it was a last minute decision to make the reservation.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Needs work"
Great location to adventureland. Quiet location. We had an overhead light that flickered all night even with the switch off. The AC rattled all night. Bathrrom faucet felt like it was not bolted down. Clean but in need of some updates and general repairs.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
add
It's an older motel. Not luxurious by any means. But is close to amusement park which is why we were there. If you just looking for some place to lay your head the price is right
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
Pat
"Not bad for the price"
it was okay for the price 10 mins from downtown. Staff was very friendly.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"It's a dump."
To enter the hotel you must walk through an outdoor corridor. There were about 20 people sitting along the corridor smoking. To enter we had to walk a disgusting smoke gauntlet. This gave a very poor first impression and the desk clerk did nothing to change that impression. His response to my complaint of needing to walk through a haze of toxins in order to get inside was that they were allowed to smoke there and that he was not going to tell them thet couldn't. Under no circumstances should anyone ever for any reason ever stay at Travelodge in Des Moines.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Hotel near interstate"
It was nice to be next to the interstate. The hotel looked like it could use some sprucing up but for the most part was clean. The biggest complaint was that we had a non-smoking room but as soon as you walked into the room you were hit by a very powerful smoke smell. We did let the hotel front desk know immediately so they would not think it was us.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Suzanne
"Uncomfortable"
The bathroom sink was disgusting gurgling up crap all night. We complained to front office and they did not bother to fix it. We had to brush our teeth using the bathtub water because our sink was plugged up and the water would not go down. The lady at office did not wear shoes in lobby area during breakfast. She was walking barefoot...gross!! It was really humid in our room too.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Dana
"room"
not too bad room kinda small.. Really hard to find the office..... off to the side no signs saying OFFICE....
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
al
"We stay there because its less expensive."
this stay was less agreeable than before. more rundown. less clean. desk clerk abrupt and less friendly.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Jan
"Low budget"
Obviously you get what you pay for, but keycard locks on the hallway exit doors would be nice for the part of town it is in. I did not feel safe with the lack of safety the building provided. The rooms were nice and the staff was very friendly.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Close"
It was close to the interstate, had gas and food nearby,(if you like burger king). For the money a great value.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
The hotel smells like stale cigarette smoke when you walk in. The stairwell is disgusting. The hotel was constantly out of towels. Luckily we brought swim towels from home for the pool. On the plus side... We loved that the hotel had an outdoor pool and that our room had a fridge and microwave. That allowed us to save even more money by not eating out for even meal. The continental breakfast was the usual. It was really nice that they allowed guests to eat past the posted breakfast hours of 6-9am. We were able to pack up our vehicle and eat right before check out.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"Dirty and musty"
Will not go back
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"OK for the money"
We were staying one night so we didn't need anything fancy. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good value for the dollar.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Jeff and Connie
"Rooms not very nice"
The room we were in had a broken lamp, broken bathroom door knob, broken bathtub water stop and broken tv remote.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"nice hotel,"
Nice hotel, I had one concern about the hot water in the shower. The management took care of the issue right away.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Stayed there before and have reservations again"
I like the breakfast bar and price of room. Rooms are starting to show some age but not bad. Great comfortable queen size bed.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Stay away!"
This was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at, from its sketchy location behind a Baymont Hotel, to the untidy common areas, to the poorly maintained room. The bathroom smelled like urine, the TV and remote did not work, and there was mold in the refrigerator. To make it worse, I had to pay extra upon check in because the king-sized bedroom I requested and booked on Hotels.com was not available when I arrived an hour later and was charged to "upgrade" to two double beds. Stay away!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Not the cleanest room in the world put an OK hotel for the price.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Very convenient to interstate travel"
The hotel was easy to find - close to interstate but away by 1/4 mile so road noise was minimized. Hotel is older but very well maintained, quiet, clean and room was equipped with a frig. Breakfast was beyond just pastries and included hot items and served very early so we could eat before getting back on the road. Staff was very helpful and considerate. We would use this hotel again for a cross country trip.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Anon
"First appearances can be deceiving"
We were in town for a track meet and we needed a place to lay our heads for 4 nights. After reading the reviews I chose the Travelodge based on price and location. The neighborhood had kind of an industrial look to it but I found it to be very quiet. Furthermore I did discover a number of restaurants within a mile or two that provided a great variety of food. The hotel itself looked a bit worn down during check-in but that was misleading as the room was clean and it didn't smell. The beds were comfortable except for the ultra-thick comforters on them. The free breakfast was very good and the eating area was kept very clean. Overall I'm impressed and would stay here again next time I'm in town if the price was similar to what I paid this time.
4 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Last-minute booking fit for a King"
Booked hotel through Expedia the day before when my presence was required for a tele-conference. First, the man who checked me in was very accommodating; I had to communicate my room number in advance. He checked me in at noon without me having to wait for the usual check-in time of 3 pm. That lessened my stress load tremendously as I could focus on preparations from within the room. Also, coffee is available all day long, the complimentary breakfast is generous, although a little heavy on starches, and computer access to the Internet is easily available. Note: the PC could use some routine maintenance servicing because the browser is slowed way down; many extraneous, possibly malware seems to be clogging it. The price for a last-minute King was quite cut-rate for a hotel in such good condition. The check-in clerk recommended I stay with Expedia given that result.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Sage
"close to Adventureland and rest."
Hotel was convenient - the only complaint is it was very noisy on the second night of our stay. Night manager did not do anything after he received complaints
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
DiAnna
"A bit overpriced."
Hotel was clean, but needs updating of decor and electronics. Price was was to high for condition of hotel and location.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"badly in need of remodeling and maintenance"
halls an d rooms were EXTREMELY musty.moldy smelling; carpets in desparate need of replacement -ours had huge torn square which was poorly fixed; toilet seat was loose;all lamps did not work; complementary breakfast was not quite as advertised -- waffle maker was broken ( had printed laminated sign so obviously not knew occurance, scramled eggs only one day - next day had hard boiled eggs, no tea bags for hot tea -- staff was nice but all else not recommendable.
2 night trip May 27, 2013
becky
"Pleasently suprised. Nice mattress and pillows."
This was a nice room for the price. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. My room was quiet. The breakfast was great.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"dimond in the ruff needs work could be a great pla"
The building and the pool need to be upgraded and cleaned up. No water in pool floor of pool chipping and peeling paint. Outside hazards to the west end of building. Why are the vestibule so huge on the stair wells. They could be used for more ice machines and vending.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Not impressed!"
It looked like a dump. The front entry looked like a back door entrance. The furniture needed updating and the walls were dirty.
Other trip May 24, 2013
"Not close to description"
Though the room itself was clean the whole hotel smelled like smoke even though its a smoke-free hotel. It is also no where near the town center or near anything at all.
2 night trip May 15, 2013
Annie
"Pleasant stay"
The service checking in was slow, possibly a computer problem but the lady at the front desk was extremely friendly. Overall it was a good experience, not too far from anywhere you I needed to go
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Jared
One day we didnt have cable for a whole day
Family trip May 16, 2013
Rich
Beds and pillows were awesome. The room smelled a bit.
3 night business trip May 9, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

room was outdated and just seemed thrown together.. ceiling was cracked and all brown.. bed was horrible..
3 night business trip Aug 17, 2015

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Etwas angejahrt aber sehr bequem und freundlich"
Das Travelodge in Des Moines liegt ein ganzes Stück außerhalb des Stadtkerns, ist aber vom Interstate 35 aus sehr gut zu erreichen. Mit dem Auto ist man auch sehr schnell in Downtown. Für Reisende ohne Auto ist das Hotel auch nicht zu empfehlen, denn außer anderen Hotels und Motels gibt es in Fußreichweite nix. Die Einrichtung des Motels ist zwar schon etwas älter, aber alles ist sehr sauber und wirkt (für eine Kette) sehr liebevoll und gemütlich. Ich habe in dem bequemen Bett sehr gut geschlafen. Mein Zimmer war für amerikanische Verhältnisse vergleichsweise klein (also für deutsche Verhältnisse immer noch groß) und mit allem Wichtigen ausgestattet: Fernsehen, Mikrowelle, Kaffemaschine, Kühlschrank. Selbstverständlich gibt es auch kostenloses WiFi (verschlüsselt). Der Service an der Rezeption war sehr frendlich und hilfsbereit, zum Beispiel nahm man sich viel Zeit mir den Weg in die Innenstadt zu erklären und zu sagen, was sich dort zu sehen lohnt. Im Großen und Ganzen war ich mit dem Travelodge und dem Preisleistungsverhältnis sehr zufrieden.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
MS
DE
"Allmänt bra"
Bra hotel om du vill bo billigt
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
soryd
SE
"Et nedslitt og forfallent motell"
Dette motellet var nedslitt og umoderne. De har et utendørsbasseng, men så og si alle stolene der er ødelagte. Ingenting er vedlikeholdt. Den standard motellfrokosten de også har der, var verre enn på andre steder. Alt av brødvarer var tørt og virket gammelt. De i resepsjonen var heller ikke særlig blide. Dette stedet anbefaler vi ikke.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2013