All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
There is a light switch in the bed room near the television that doesn't appear to work anything. The shower door does not have a stopper to prevent it from swinging.
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Alfred
"Great for a city getaway."
I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms on the 5th floor. It was gorgeous! The perfect space. I hadn't anticipated that it was valet parking only, but for the deal I got with hotels.com, I didn't mind the $22 charge for the day. And, everything I wanted to do was in walking distance. The staff was all very friendly, and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I have one (very small) complaint. The AC is kind of loud when it comes on. It woke me up twice during the night. I was able to fall right back to sleep, so it wasn't a problem for me, but it might be for someone else.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2016
"Downtown Portsmouth"
Got the the hotel early and they let us check in. Room looked great. Super clean and the beds were really comfortable. The kids went swimming in the indoor heated pool on the lover lever....in January....in New Hampshire! Great location and great hotel. The only thing that was a set back was the parking price. A bit spendy but the rest was worth it.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
wesley
This was our second stay. We enjoyed it just as much the second time. Great food within a short walk.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Not Provided
"Exceptional"
Great location, easy to walk to restaurants and shopping. The bedding and room was extremely comfortable. Awesome hotel!
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
we were only left with three bath towels for four in the room
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"maintance made a difficult stay, consider first"
pros: Staff was pleasant, location great. walkable to downtown easily. Safe, wonderful area. Only parking available $22 valet which is semi standard for area. Cookies and water in front. cons: loud maintenance, jacuzzi closed with sign up (part of the reason I wanted to stay), no self park option and no discussion of parking on street. Pleasant staff had no way to rectify maintenance issues - understand they're upgrading but regardless, other hotels nicer in the area for the same price.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Dear valued guest, I am sorry to hear about your experience during a recent stay. Please know that it is of the utmost importance to us to provide a terrific experience to all of our guests. Please accept our apologies for the disruption to your stay that the ongoing maintenance of the hotel may have caused. We strive to minimize any disruptions to guests while we upgrade our facilities and apologize that we were not able to succeed in this case. We hope that you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations should you visit the area again. Sincerely, Ron Rockelein, GM
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
"Perfect location, comfortable rooms, nice people"
Great hotel in the heart of downtown Portsmouth. Showers could use an update with new tile work (ours was a little moldy) but overall I definitely recommend this hotel. Go with the deluxe room. Well worth the extra $25-$30
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Not Provided
"Skip breakfast"
Expensive and pretty bad breakfast
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Benjamin, I'm very disappointed to hear that our breakfast failed to meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering a terrific guest experience in all facets of our guests' stay. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to delight you during a future stay. Sincerely, Ron Rockelein, GM
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
BENJAMIN
"Great girlfriend getaway"
Everything was perfect. Except that when I ordered a breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese (no meat) it came to $14.95. The cost of the full buffet. That of course makes ABSOLUTLEY no sense. I explained that had I known I would be charged for the full buffet, I wouldn't have ordered at all. They rectified the situation, so I left a great tip.
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
amy
Room was very clean and there was a wonderful view! hot cocoa at night and coffee in the morning. Portsmouth is a wonderful City!
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Very nice stay. Friendly and clean. Had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good. Would stay there on our next visit. Everything was in walking distance to visit downtown.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Girls Night"
My friend and I stayed here one night for a girls getaway. We picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the shops / restaurants - all within walking distance. The only small improvement I would suggest is having materials in the room about Portsmouth and the area. Would have been nice to have a listing of the restaurants / things to do in the area. Overall, great stay!
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
Bridget
"Incredibly Comfortable and Convenient!"
I loved staying in this hotel! The staff is efficient, knowledgable, professional and kind. The beds (and I can't emphasize this enough) are so very comfortable! I've been traveling quite a lot lately and I can tell you how rare a feature a seriously comfortable bed can be. Additionally, it was wonderful to be able to leave the lobby and walk right into the heart of the historic Portsmouth shopping district with its many quaint and beautiful shops (and lovely architecture). It was the high point in my New England travels.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Susan, I'm so happy to hear that your stay with us was your "high point" during your recent trip to New England! We truly appreciate all of your kind words and hope that our comfortable beds, and extremely convenient location to downtown and all that is has to offer will bring you back to NH in future months. Many thanks, Ron Rockelein, GM
2 night trip Oct 18, 2015
"Ideal Location"
Location is ideal for walking to everything in town. Breakfast a little pricey (though extensive), but there are fabulous breakfast spots within a few blocks. I was a little surprised by the steep parking fee: $22 per night--but allowed to take car out & return (with attendant tip of course). Kittery, ME a short drive over bridge; that's where the outlet stores are.
1 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2015
Lana
"Portsmouth getaway"
Had a wonderful stay, great location everyone was friendly and helpful, no hairdryer but when I called sent someone right up, only odd thing he wanted to look in bathroom guess he didn't believe me but brought one, otherwise would stay again! Great location
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Portsmouth"
College drop off weekend. Room very comfortable and spacious. Very clean.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Quick trip to Portsmouth, NH"
The hotel was average. The room was comfortable but also unlike its picture as it was not as roomy as I anticipated - it was average. The pool was a bit cloudy (chlorine too high or too low?) so we sat in the hot tub for a few moment. The jets were non impressive on one side of tub and non functional on the other and once dried off I noticed an unusual scent on my skin and suit, a sour odor. The price was reasonable for the downtown area, and being walking distance to everything was the main reason for booking, however I did expect a little more from a Hilton. I must add that the people at Hotel.com were great with booking I will use this service again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
Lilian
"Excellent experience"
Comfortable, great location, staff was attentive and accommodating, central location made it easy for us to explore several seaside Maine locations and southern NH.
4 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Expensive...for what?"
OK, so it's a resort town - they probably need to make all their money in the summer. But, the hotel was pretty expensive - and there isn't anything about it that warrants the cost. The restaurant was bad (worst $25 buffet we ever had), the pillows and bedding were awful, the TV lineup was impossible to decipher, there were no amenities. Parking was $22 a night. No drinking water in the tiny room...I mean nothing to justify $400 per nite. I live in NYC where mediocre places charge that - but this is Portsmouth, NH!
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and for your candid feedback. We’re very fortunate to be located in the heart of downtown, and are happy that you enjoyed being so close to many of the wonderful restaurants nearby. I am however disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We work very hard to provide an outstanding experience for every guest during every stay and it is only through your feedback that we can improve. Please feel free to reach out to me as I would be happy to discuss this in further detail. Sincerely, Ron Rockelein, GM
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
GsDwnHllFst
"Great Location; Watch out for the valet parking"
The Good: Location is perfect. You can walk everywhere. It's a really great town to walk around and to have cocktails by the shore. Staff is super nice. Even housekeeping left a cute little note. The Bad: Price - This is a very expensive hotel Valet (LAZ Parking) Parking is difficult and the hotel offers Valet for $22 a day. The valet scratched my new car and then lied about it. If you are going to park here, They also attempted to double charge me. I recommend using the garage across the street.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Stay here!"
Great location. Very clean and comfortable. Nice staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Karla
"One night in Portsmouth NH"
It was 1 night only Hotel was nice nice staff Lovely neighborhood Only drawbacks were no free breakfast and no free parking in the Hotel parking lot
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Menashe
"Ok"
Aside from having no free parking options and no free breakfast this was a good hotel overall. Would stay again for business but probably not for pleasure.
3 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Loved everything about this place. The bed was amazingly comfortable.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Deb
It was a great place to stay. Conveniently located and the renovated room was awesome!
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"A great spot close to downtown!"
I was in town for business and the staff could not have been more helpful when my presentation documents needed to be reworked. I travel frequently and the staff here is among the best I have experienced!
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great location, comfort , in Portsmouth"
Everything great except- two woman - we wanted two of all the shampoos , make up removers etc We were told when we checked in that breakfast ended at 11. Went to eat at 10:30 and it was closed since 10.
3 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
As always this is a wonderful place with a great location in downtown, within walking distance to all shops and restaurants. Staying in this hotel is a must!!
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Friendly staff, clean room, great location downtown.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Super business visit to Portsmouth!"
Nice hotel, great staff. Great location in Portsmouth.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Good option in downtown Portsmouth"
Nice hotel in Portsmouth - newer building (nice lobby), reasonably priced. Sofa bed in suite was fairly small to sleep two people.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"Nice visit"
The staff was very polite and helpful. Facility was great , great location.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Great way to celebrate Anniversary"
Fantastic location!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Stacie
Great hotel but it is very pricey.
2 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2015
Lianne
"Portsmouth NH - overnighter"
Very nice. Great location and quiet. The only odd thing was the morning we were leaving, the water had a brown tinge to it :( We didn't ask but possibly that was caused by the torrential downpours of the day/night before. That cleared up by the time we checked out.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Jody
"Poor state of repair"
Air conditioner to noisy to turn on if we wanted to sleep. Being on the fifth floor and one of the only 2 elevators functioning was a disaster. Lines of people in long wait for a ride.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Dear Guest, I'm so sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional accommodations and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience of our AC system. Rest assured, I have spoken with our maintenance team and we are actively researching solutions to ensure that this is resolved going forward. We appreciate your business and hope you'll visit us again the next time you visit Portsmouth. Sincerely, Ron Rockelein, GM
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
h
"Birthday get a way"
great stay, room was great
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Clean, Comfortable, and Close"
We had a fantastic stay. The staff was super welcoming, and it was within walking distance of some really nice places to eat and drink.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Jonathan
"Couple of days stay in Portsmouth"
took my wife to Portsmouth to celebrate her birthday. Nice room. Indoor pool and workout room were nice. Best of all is location. Walk just about anywhere you want to go in Portsmouth.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Kenneth
"Get away"
Great stay love the convenience of Hotel to walk the downtown area.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"staff"
Debited $100 off my tab because of a broken bathroom fan. I only informed them about it - not even a complaint. Still, can't do enough for guests. Very kind.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Guest
"Great place to stay."
Had a great time in the lounge. Had great live music!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Christian
"Perfect getaway!"
great location. great place to stay for a weekend break.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Comfortable and convenient"
This hotel was safe, clean, and comfortable. It was within walking distance to all of the restaurants and bars downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 25, 2015
MauraBoston
"Touring historic Portsmouth"
I was very pleased with the hotel & staff, the rooms were fresh and well maintained. Highly recommend this Hilton-esp if you are going to tour (by foot) historic Portsmouth.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Fair Experience"
Excited to be in town for a girls weekend. Front desk staff could have been a bit friendlier & informative. Even though we arrived before check in we were never able to change payment methods which would have been prevented if we could have paid when we arrived even though our room wasn't ready. Also the lounge needs to stay open past 11pm on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Response by Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth/Downtown
Dear Karen, Thank you for your review and for choosing us to host your girls weekend. We normally receive many positive reviews regarding the friendliness of our staff and I am very sorry that you felt that our staff could have been friendlier and more informative. We take our guests reviews very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We hope you'll consider us the next time you visit the Portsmouth area. Many thanks, Ron Rockelein, GM
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Excellent hotel with the perfect location. Within walking distance to everything!
Other trip May 10, 2015
"A Like!"
Great place--every one has a smile!
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Flo
"Girls weekend"
Stayed here for girls weekend. location was great since it was close to all restaurants, bars, and shopping. We were under the impression that breakfast was included but it wasn't. Hotel was clean. Hot tub and pool were clean and great. All staff were helpful with hotel questions, and went above and beyond to providing us information on were to go around town. We plan on going back to this hotel next year for girls weekend
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015