All hotels in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
149 Main St, West Yarmouth, MA, 02673, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.8
    2.8
    2.5
"Old, smelly and outdated"
The hotel was dated circa 1980, everything in the room was old and worn and the odor was foul. It was quite. i would never stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2015
Loris
"Not clean, not good housekeeping! Pools dirty. Bre"
Not good at all. Pools dirty... Not good housekeeping at all! Bad breakfast!!! Room not cleaned! Outside smelt like garbage! Strange people around! Could not wait to leave!
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Rita
"Unclean Overall"
The floors were sticky and stained. One day we had no bathroom towels. Another day we had no toilet paper. Breakfast was just some old stale bagels and cereal. In door pool area was gross. Outdoor pool was ok, but in the middle of the parking lot with doors that were not always child proof.
5 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Worse than ever"
The bathroom sink was broken and unstable already. It's very dangerous when using. We can not even wash our hands. How can you stay if you can not use bathroom. My whole family member did not take any shower on that night. It was night mare for our trip.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Expedia
"Ho Jo Cape Cod"
staff was pleasant, room was clean but not fancy, rooms were quiet on 2nd floor, pool empty except for us, hottub large, good value for the money
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
anne
"first time last time"
we where there for 2 days they threw the comforter over the bed never vacuum the rugs no ice available there was 4 of us and would give you 2 towels the room smells like old shoes it needs a lot of updateing
1 night trip Aug 18, 2015
Very Rundown hotel that has a lot of demand. So service is not to be expected. Compared to other HJs the overall quality was poor. Breakfast was really bread and some juice and coffee!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice view"
Our room had a beautiful view. Not sure if the girls who were supposed to be cleaning ever did anything other than being on their phones. Our room was gross while it was roomy & comfy & all 5 of us had plenty of space it was also dirty. There was greasy stuff on the tables. The bathroom had hair in the tub the counter was dirty. Towels were dirty. They never cleaned the coffee maker. It's was good for the price would have been awesome if it was clean.
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Won't go back"
Room was not clean. Smell of smoke with strong, cheap airfreshener trying to cover it up. Bedding was dirty with burn holes. Smoke detector was disabled and in nightstand drawer along with half smoked cigarettes. Smoked cigarettes also on floor. They moved us to a new room once we complained but there is no excuse for sending customers into a room in this condition
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Kori
My son and I had a great 3 night stay. The room was a decent size and cozy. The bathroom could use some cosmetics (shower roof falling down ). Great view , clean pools, friendly staff, great location, all at a reasonable price. The only negative thing would be the "free breakfast" this was not a continental breakfast (not advertised as one though ) , but I read prior reviews before hand so I was not surprised. A couple cereal machines , some bread and bagels to toast. When I booked there was only a king size bed available but I called two days before to see if I could change to two full and the staff accommodated my request without an extra charge. Will stay there again in the future.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Fun time at the Cape"
First time visiting Howard Johnson inn.very nice place, nice employees and good area very close to many attractions & restaurants. Would visit there again on my next visit!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
chera
Not a frequent traveler. Room was OK. Not overly impressed. Good value for the price.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Bathroom had mold in shower ceiling. Pool could have been a little cleaner. Overall ok stay. Comfortable
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"It's was fair"
It was nice
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Don't knock it until you try it."
Hotel staff were all VERY pleasant. If it's a new acquisition, best of luck to them, they seem to have the right energy. If it is what it is, and that's all it is... Then I don't know how they'll survive long into the future. Good enough spot for a late night, early rise place to rest your head, but not ideal for a long week vacation.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Not very well kept. Only 2 towels. Slider left unlocked. Need to improve in all areas overall.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"good and bad"
On the plus side-indoor and outdoor pool and spa. and grilling in the backyard with tables. close to places to eat. On the down side- -Hotel is in old and in worn out condition. the cleanness is fair/to good the old and worn out ness makes it seem not as clean as it is. staff is friendly, TV is at least 20-30 years old and does not work well. its a good thing there are places close to eat because the free breakfast is so bad, we went out to eat.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Robert J.
"Get what u pay for"
Well. IT WAS cheap and u get what u pay for. Room smelled very bad. Pool was closed 3 out of 4 days when weather was perfect. Lots to do around the hotel. Staff was friendly but just "yessed" u always. Asked about room smell and pool and wifi. Answers were kinda sorry and oh well. Wifi didnt work at all. Overall ok for the cheap rate at cape cod in summer, but disappointing overall.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Jean
"So so"
The pool was "closed until further notice" For 2 of our 3 days and the "free wifi" didn't work. We were told it might be because of the side of the hotel we were on. It worked on and off the first day we were there though. My friends room reeked of cat urine and her rug was beyond stained.
3 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
people above us had kids an they would not stop jumping off the bed till after midnight and beds were not comfortable the beddin had stains on them would not stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Very friendly service, comfortable and quiet even if the room was not pristine. Overall, great for the price, we would stay again!
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Perfect and affordable motel for a family!"
I'll be returning next year to this motel. The staff is family oriented and incredibly friendly! You can't beat the price! They have an indoor and outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and sauna. My kids loved it. It's also in a good location for tourist attractions.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Okay budget hotel"
The whole place seemed kind of dingy and run down. The beds weren't comfortable and bathrooms were tiny. If I had paid less per night I would have been happier. Expected more for my money.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Look for Another Hotel"
This was one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. Rooms smelled, breakfast was not edible, no bath towels on last day, in general not a $200 room, not even close to $100. Office door was actually locked on Saturday morning at 7:30am with no response to bell. Had to unplug television to plug in coffee maker. Definitely would not recommend to anyone and a real disgrace to Wyndham.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"You get (less than) what you pay for."
When you first drive up to the Howard Johnson Cape Cod, immediately you get the feeling of a pretty shady motel. Location: very convenient, but tricky when trying to put it into the GPS; make sure you enter "Rte 28" Some decent/basic dining options within a 5-10 min drive in either direction. sufficient parking. Very close to the Hyannis ferry to Nantucket (10 min), but far to the Martha's Vineyard ferry (35-40 min). Front Desk: Very courteous night manager. Advised us on some nearby dining and gave us the requested "pool towels". Bed - horrible. In fact, in one of the rooms there wasn't even a bed spread to cover the bed sheet and pillows. The sheets and pillow cases actually still had hair on them. Luckily we brought our own sheets so we cocooned ourselves in them. Room - old, worn out carpeting, old loud radiator style A/C. Lighting was fine, TV old. Towels were shredding. Ironing board was basically broken, iron had electrical tape on the cord. No extra roll of TP in the bathroom. Shower was pretty good, but bathtub dirty and certainly not enough towels. Breakfast - bagels/toast available w/ cream cheese, butter and PBJ; 3 different kinds of cereal. No microwave. The front desk manager did make sure to check for OJ and fresh coffee. They do only claim contintental bfast so I guess this was ok. If you really don't give two hoots about where you're staying, then this place is fine. Next time though I'll probably spend a little extra and stay elsewhere
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Worst Place Ever!"
This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Upon arrival I was told my room was flooded and they had to give me a different room that sleeps less people. When I called the front desk for towels they told me I had to come to the front desk to get them. My second night there I noticed a bug on the bed. I lifted up the sheets and found two more. The manager insisted they were not bed bugs. Then after showing him the last bug he said it must be a traveling bed bed. He was in complete denial and did not want to give me a full refund.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"never again"
noisey too much bad activity going on outside our room
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
overall a decent hotel for a decent price
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
"What you would expect"
Person who checked us in was very nice and the beds were surprisingly comfortable but everything else was pretty gross. There were webs with spider eggs in the corners, the toilet didn't flush properly, the rug was dirty and you just have an overall skeeved out feeling staying there. They don't seem to take any pride in maintaining their property. Bleh.
Other trip May 29, 2015
reasonable gal
"Very good place to stay."
The staff was very helpful. Helped fix TV to stay on the right channel. Had good time in and around the Hotel. Friendly people and just a good stay.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Moderately priced hotel in West Yarmouth"
Howard Johnson Hotel is located close to historic sites & shopping areas. Although I only stayed one night,in order to attend a conference on Medicare Fraud in Hyannis the next day, I found the accommodations within my price range & satisfactory.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Jacquelyn
"Would not really recommend this hotel"
The towels in the bathroom had dirty spots on them, and the electrical outlet in the bathroom had dust collected inside the frame (enough of a safety concern that I did not use this outlet for charging devices). There was also a window (higher up) in the bathroom, but there was not a shade or curtain to cover this when taking a shower (my room was on the 2nd floor, but better privacy would have been nice). On the next day of my stay I came back to my room to find that there was no shampoo, but when I called the front desk about it the front desk person promptly brought shampoo to my room. The breakfast was not great--little selection--but better than nothing.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"you get what you pay for"
If the sheets on the bed were a king size as is the bed. That would be a good start, the maid asked if we wanted our room cleaned, we asked for her to come back never did.....
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"tubless"
Hotel was great for the price. Our room had a good view. Folks at the desk were very friendly. Was disappointed to find out the pool and hot tub were closed. Hotel.com should have something that alerts customers when these amenities are not available. This is the third time in a row that we have used hotels.com to find a place with these amenities only to be disappointed that they weren't available.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
chris
"Nice hotel- close to restaurants & shopping."
Just what we were looking for at the right price.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Celts
"Nice cozy place"
Great family business - great staff!
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Connie
"3 stars"
For the affordable price, this was a positive experience for the family. Having access to an indoor pool and spa was a plus!
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Christina
"tricky tacky bedding"
Room was very accessible to indoor pool/spa which we enjoyed every day. Unfortunately the linens on the bed were substandard. Sheet kept coming off at the corners. Complimentary breakfast was a joke. However for the cost it was a good value and great place to stay.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"Needs a paint job."
People were friendly. I think they are fixing it up, but have a long way to go. A little paint would go along way.
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Janet
"Main floor rooms very noisy"
Staff very nice. Very noisy when upstairs room occupied.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Staff was really nice and accommodating
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Very good Liked the continental breakfast would stay here again
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Water way views."
The building along the waterway has excellent views out the back windows and sliding door. This hotel has an outdoor and indoor pool. The only issues I had was that the bathroom needed to be overhauled or at least be retiled and grouted, also the AC needs to be updated to a quieter model. Other than those 2 issues, this was a good hotel for the price.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"convinient"
nice stay
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"prime location"
I have been coming to this hotel for years with my family. It is in a great location right on rt. 28 Near shops and restaurants. Place is old but it is clean. The pool and hot tub are both nice. For some reason the sauna was not open when we went but other than that everything was good. Friendly staff.
2 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
"Staff are non-efficient and untrusted."
Rooms are smelly and not clean. The staff told us we cannot change a room because the hotel is full, although most rooms were still empty. The room we originally received was occupied. Hair dryer was not working. Towels were missing. Towels were not changed on the next day.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Fine hotel for the money."
Fine hotel for the money. On the main drag, close to shops and restaurants. Clean. Basic continental breakfast.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"needs improvement"
Upon our arrival the room had a horrible odor. The room needed to be aired out.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Very nice place"
We found the hotel to be very clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. If all HoJos are like the one at West Yarmouth we will definetly stay at them in the the future.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Chuck Gunther
"RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CAPE COD"
ROOM WAS GOOD SIZE . FRONT DESK WAS VERY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS OUT DOOR POOL WAS NICE AND BIG . ARCADE/GAME ROOM IS ONLY A PING PONG TABLE. DIDNT SEE ANY PADDLES OR BALLS .WORTH THE MONEY
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014