All hotels in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Food is not good
"Smelled of Cigarette Smoke"
We were here to see Cape Cod. The motel staff were friendly and accommodating. However, our 'No Smoking' room smelled of smoke and the pillows and blankets smelled of smoke. The room next door was a smoking room and the odors were also coming through the connecting doors. We enjoyed the location though. The motel has a pool and hot tub which are clean and nice as well.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Jeremy
"Expected more"
We were in town for a wedding and brought two kids--ages nearly 2 and 6. The hotel staff tried hard and it was alright, but nothing special. Your feet became dirty from walking around the carpet in the room which made me uncomfortable with the kids. There was a ton of dust, crumbs, and visible dirt under the beds. There was no fan in the bathroom so you needed to crack a window. The heating/AC worked great. The Simmons Beautyrest mattress was comfortable, but the pillows were thin. There was a playground...kind of. It could also use a facelift. The CRT TV worked well. Breakfast was minimal. I expected there to be some bananas or some kind of fruit, but no. Minimal means two cereal choices--one kid-themed and one healthy, instant oatmeal to be cooked with hot water from the coffee pot, bagels and toast, Little Debbie Honey Buns and Oatmeal Cream Pies, orange juice and coffee with basic fixings. Yes, I've just named it all. On the plus side, I was able to make my kids PB&J for lunch. Overall, they tried hard, but they could certainly use some remodeling and extra efforts. I would not stay again.
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"MOLD EVERYWHERE- BLOOD STAINS- UNCLEANED IN YEARS"
DISGUSTING! It should be considered illegal to run a hotel in such sickening conditions. The room I stayed in had mold everywhere, including spores growing on my pillow. It's obvious the rooms aren't cleaned at all- the floors are black, damp, and filthy. The shower was brown from never being cleaned. The towels were at least 20 years old and smelled rotten. When I brought my pillow with mold and blood stains to the front desk, the clerk told me, "that's what the pillow case is for." DO NOT STAY HERE
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Room was nice, but small. Breakfast left a lot to be desired.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Craig
"Worst hotel don't stay!"
This was the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed at! The room was small an cramped you have to rent a microwave for $5 a day I decided to rent one N then when I received it the microwave didn't work an I was given a refund an told to use the microwave in the office. They don't have a game room/arcade or spa even tho they advertise they do. There definition of a game room/arcade is a tennis table which was in very bad condition. There "spa" was there hot tub which was not warm at all an didn't get warm my whole stay the water in the hot tub smelled like sewer water I almost threw up. The indoor an outdoor pool were disgusting you can't see the bottom because it's so foggy they need to take care of there hotel I honestly believe the only reason there still open is for the customers that live there months at a time that I met during my stay also alot of teenagers who smoked weed were there as I could smell it. I also went into the main office late one night an the guy had just got done smoking weed I could smell it an could visibly see he was high this is the worse hotel don't stay here!
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Don't waste your money"
Terrible. This hotel looked like it was out of date in the 80's. We debated going home upon arrival and wished we did.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Nightmare"
It was truly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in I checked out a day before because I just couldn't be there any longer
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Not Happy!"
The continental breakfast was really bad. There was a medium size jar of peanut butter that was empty. That was the hi-lite of the breakfast. One thermos of coffee and breakfast was til 9:30. At 9:35 a couple came in for coffee and were told breakfast was over and no refills. And this was a Howard Johnson motel. Not good.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Once and no more."
Room smelled humidity, the breakfast was very poor and price is not cheap.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
JOAQUIN
"just ok ro"
was just ok breakfast was weak room was ok but one mattress was badly stained
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
The hotel so dirty. Pool in door and outdoor. Oh my god! We afraid to get down. Water so dirty. Also the floor of the room, can not imagine. If you walk in your bare foot;it takes not only 1 minute the bottom of your foot will turn to black. The room floor like never got vacumm. No cover for wall electricity. Breakfast provided but only with two bags of bread, couple bagel, coffee, some ceerios, that it for everyone in the inn. Never come back. So disappointed.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Old, smelly and outdated"
The hotel was dated circa 1980, everything in the room was old and worn and the odor was foul. It was quite. i would never stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2015
Loris
"Not clean, not good housekeeping! Pools dirty. Bre"
Not good at all. Pools dirty... Not good housekeeping at all! Bad breakfast!!! Room not cleaned! Outside smelt like garbage! Strange people around! Could not wait to leave!
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Rita
"Unclean Overall"
The floors were sticky and stained. One day we had no bathroom towels. Another day we had no toilet paper. Breakfast was just some old stale bagels and cereal. In door pool area was gross. Outdoor pool was ok, but in the middle of the parking lot with doors that were not always child proof.
5 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Worse than ever"
The bathroom sink was broken and unstable already. It's very dangerous when using. We can not even wash our hands. How can you stay if you can not use bathroom. My whole family member did not take any shower on that night. It was night mare for our trip.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Expedia
"Ho Jo Cape Cod"
staff was pleasant, room was clean but not fancy, rooms were quiet on 2nd floor, pool empty except for us, hottub large, good value for the money
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
anne
"first time last time"
we where there for 2 days they threw the comforter over the bed never vacuum the rugs no ice available there was 4 of us and would give you 2 towels the room smells like old shoes it needs a lot of updateing
1 night trip Aug 18, 2015
Very Rundown hotel that has a lot of demand. So service is not to be expected. Compared to other HJs the overall quality was poor. Breakfast was really bread and some juice and coffee!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice view"
Our room had a beautiful view. Not sure if the girls who were supposed to be cleaning ever did anything other than being on their phones. Our room was gross while it was roomy & comfy & all 5 of us had plenty of space it was also dirty. There was greasy stuff on the tables. The bathroom had hair in the tub the counter was dirty. Towels were dirty. They never cleaned the coffee maker. It's was good for the price would have been awesome if it was clean.
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Won't go back"
Room was not clean. Smell of smoke with strong, cheap airfreshener trying to cover it up. Bedding was dirty with burn holes. Smoke detector was disabled and in nightstand drawer along with half smoked cigarettes. Smoked cigarettes also on floor. They moved us to a new room once we complained but there is no excuse for sending customers into a room in this condition
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Kori
My son and I had a great 3 night stay. The room was a decent size and cozy. The bathroom could use some cosmetics (shower roof falling down ). Great view , clean pools, friendly staff, great location, all at a reasonable price. The only negative thing would be the "free breakfast" this was not a continental breakfast (not advertised as one though ) , but I read prior reviews before hand so I was not surprised. A couple cereal machines , some bread and bagels to toast. When I booked there was only a king size bed available but I called two days before to see if I could change to two full and the staff accommodated my request without an extra charge. Will stay there again in the future.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Fun time at the Cape"
First time visiting Howard Johnson inn.very nice place, nice employees and good area very close to many attractions & restaurants. Would visit there again on my next visit!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
chera
Not a frequent traveler. Room was OK. Not overly impressed. Good value for the price.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Bathroom had mold in shower ceiling. Pool could have been a little cleaner. Overall ok stay. Comfortable
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"It's was fair"
It was nice
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Don't knock it until you try it."
Hotel staff were all VERY pleasant. If it's a new acquisition, best of luck to them, they seem to have the right energy. If it is what it is, and that's all it is... Then I don't know how they'll survive long into the future. Good enough spot for a late night, early rise place to rest your head, but not ideal for a long week vacation.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Not very well kept. Only 2 towels. Slider left unlocked. Need to improve in all areas overall.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"good and bad"
On the plus side-indoor and outdoor pool and spa. and grilling in the backyard with tables. close to places to eat. On the down side- -Hotel is in old and in worn out condition. the cleanness is fair/to good the old and worn out ness makes it seem not as clean as it is. staff is friendly, TV is at least 20-30 years old and does not work well. its a good thing there are places close to eat because the free breakfast is so bad, we went out to eat.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Robert J.
"Get what u pay for"
Well. IT WAS cheap and u get what u pay for. Room smelled very bad. Pool was closed 3 out of 4 days when weather was perfect. Lots to do around the hotel. Staff was friendly but just "yessed" u always. Asked about room smell and pool and wifi. Answers were kinda sorry and oh well. Wifi didnt work at all. Overall ok for the cheap rate at cape cod in summer, but disappointing overall.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Jean
"So so"
The pool was "closed until further notice" For 2 of our 3 days and the "free wifi" didn't work. We were told it might be because of the side of the hotel we were on. It worked on and off the first day we were there though. My friends room reeked of cat urine and her rug was beyond stained.
3 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
people above us had kids an they would not stop jumping off the bed till after midnight and beds were not comfortable the beddin had stains on them would not stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Very friendly service, comfortable and quiet even if the room was not pristine. Overall, great for the price, we would stay again!
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Perfect and affordable motel for a family!"
I'll be returning next year to this motel. The staff is family oriented and incredibly friendly! You can't beat the price! They have an indoor and outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and sauna. My kids loved it. It's also in a good location for tourist attractions.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Okay budget hotel"
The whole place seemed kind of dingy and run down. The beds weren't comfortable and bathrooms were tiny. If I had paid less per night I would have been happier. Expected more for my money.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Disgusting!!"
Absolutely disgusting! Had to buy bleach and washy entire bathroom. Good and empty performance enhancer boxes left under bed. Rug ripped up on floors. Literally feces on the wall and around the toilet in floor. I would never ever suggest this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
SADYE
We stayed at this hotel because we had an event at the Hyannis convention center. I needed a cheap hotel for one night, the price was good. The room was spacious and clean however it had a strange smell when we walked in. The carpet was so old that it just looked dirty, I wouldn't walk on it barefoot, the tiles on the bathroom floor were broken and shifty when you stepped on them. It met our beds for a night, but I wouldn't stay here again.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Jody
"Look for Another Hotel"
This was one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. Rooms smelled, breakfast was not edible, no bath towels on last day, in general not a $200 room, not even close to $100. Office door was actually locked on Saturday morning at 7:30am with no response to bell. Had to unplug television to plug in coffee maker. Definitely would not recommend to anyone and a real disgrace to Wyndham.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"No Cooling and room stinks"
There is no Cooling and room stinks. Feels very suffocating. Bathroom was dirty
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"You get (less than) what you pay for."
When you first drive up to the Howard Johnson Cape Cod, immediately you get the feeling of a pretty shady motel. Location: very convenient, but tricky when trying to put it into the GPS; make sure you enter "Rte 28" Some decent/basic dining options within a 5-10 min drive in either direction. sufficient parking. Very close to the Hyannis ferry to Nantucket (10 min), but far to the Martha's Vineyard ferry (35-40 min). Front Desk: Very courteous night manager. Advised us on some nearby dining and gave us the requested "pool towels". Bed - horrible. In fact, in one of the rooms there wasn't even a bed spread to cover the bed sheet and pillows. The sheets and pillow cases actually still had hair on them. Luckily we brought our own sheets so we cocooned ourselves in them. Room - old, worn out carpeting, old loud radiator style A/C. Lighting was fine, TV old. Towels were shredding. Ironing board was basically broken, iron had electrical tape on the cord. No extra roll of TP in the bathroom. Shower was pretty good, but bathtub dirty and certainly not enough towels. Breakfast - bagels/toast available w/ cream cheese, butter and PBJ; 3 different kinds of cereal. No microwave. The front desk manager did make sure to check for OJ and fresh coffee. They do only claim contintental bfast so I guess this was ok. If you really don't give two hoots about where you're staying, then this place is fine. Next time though I'll probably spend a little extra and stay elsewhere
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Worst Place Ever!"
This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Upon arrival I was told my room was flooded and they had to give me a different room that sleeps less people. When I called the front desk for towels they told me I had to come to the front desk to get them. My second night there I noticed a bug on the bed. I lifted up the sheets and found two more. The manager insisted they were not bed bugs. Then after showing him the last bug he said it must be a traveling bed bed. He was in complete denial and did not want to give me a full refund.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
This hotel was clean and adequate. No frills, but if you are on a low budget and just need a place to stay, it works fine.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Pam
"never again"
noisey too much bad activity going on outside our room
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Location is Best feature"
The room was dirty but the staff was nice. There was a lot of unsavory activity around the location of the place is spot on.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Annoyed
overall a decent hotel for a decent price
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
"HORRIBLE"
There was blatant prostitution going on, cob webs, love stains, just overall a gross place to stay!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Pimps & Hoes"
I would never recommend staying at this hotel to anyone let alone someone with children. All new night long there were girls coming in and out of the rooms, the futon had sex stains, the sheets were clearly soiled, the bathroom was filthy...the room conditions were deplorable.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"What you would expect"
Person who checked us in was very nice and the beds were surprisingly comfortable but everything else was pretty gross. There were webs with spider eggs in the corners, the toilet didn't flush properly, the rug was dirty and you just have an overall skeeved out feeling staying there. They don't seem to take any pride in maintaining their property. Bleh.
Other trip May 29, 2015
reasonable gal
"Very good place to stay."
The staff was very helpful. Helped fix TV to stay on the right channel. Had good time in and around the Hotel. Friendly people and just a good stay.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Moderately priced hotel in West Yarmouth"
Howard Johnson Hotel is located close to historic sites & shopping areas. Although I only stayed one night,in order to attend a conference on Medicare Fraud in Hyannis the next day, I found the accommodations within my price range & satisfactory.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Jacquelyn
"Would not really recommend this hotel"
The towels in the bathroom had dirty spots on them, and the electrical outlet in the bathroom had dust collected inside the frame (enough of a safety concern that I did not use this outlet for charging devices). There was also a window (higher up) in the bathroom, but there was not a shade or curtain to cover this when taking a shower (my room was on the 2nd floor, but better privacy would have been nice). On the next day of my stay I came back to my room to find that there was no shampoo, but when I called the front desk about it the front desk person promptly brought shampoo to my room. The breakfast was not great--little selection--but better than nothing.
Other trip May 17, 2015