All hotels in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here383 S Center St, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Only stay out of desperation!"
Entrance and lobby room really gave me high hopes. The individual rooms were awful. Not clean, very uncomfortable and thin walls. No internet available as advertised either in room or lobby. Breakfast not as advertised.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Corina
"Comfortable"
Fair price and clean. No elevator but enjoyed y stay.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"It looked a lot better online..."
The hotel is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning and an update. When I first checked in, I noticed that the hallways were extremely dirty. There were dead bugs on all of the ledges and fixtures. The halls have scuff marks on all of the walls and everything was dimly lit and had poor signage. When I got to the room, there was little improvement from there. The walls had very little sound insulation as I could clearly hear the very loud party in the next room. Within 5 min of arriving, the front desk had the nerve to call and accuse me of hosting the party. When I told them that it was the room next door, it took them over an hour to address the issue. Upon further inspecting the room, I noticed that on the outside balcony had several large rotting holes in the roof line and the room had a smell of old smoke. The chair and couch in the rooms was well worn with several different colored stains on them. Later in the evening I discovered that the carpet had several random wet spots that were seemingly there before we arrived. When I took a shower, the Tub/Shower unit was slow to drain and quickly filled up with water. I was extremely displeased with the whole experience and am very unlikely to recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"very nice, a great value"
hotel was comfortable,breakfast was good, nothing great,clean rooms and hallways
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
michell
"BEWARE!!!!"
The staff was rude. When I came to check in they asked for a $70 deposit. I didn't have my credit card on me and they weren't going to give me the room I pages for because I didn't have this deposit. I don't know the clientele they cater to that they need this deposit. It was late when I got there and was almost swbt to the streets after reserving and paying for the room. Not the way to run a business.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"show at XL Center"
check in was very easy and pleasant. The person was very helpful in recommending a restaurant. Breakfast in the am was enough to get you going for the day
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
dot
"Pictures lie!"
The pictures on the website and hotels.com made this place look outstanding. Yes, the lobby area was nice, clean, large and the front desk lady was pleasant, however, the room was not super comfortable and didn't have the nicer bed linens shown in the pictures. I also reserved a king and the front desk lady said she would "upgrade" me to a king even though I had reserved two doubles/queens. Also, the MOST disappointing was that the pictures of breakfast made it look wonderful. There was a picture of waffles! Were there any waffles? NO! there was toast, cereal, and funny looking store-bought pastries and donuts. And the juice was unrecognizable! And didn't taste like its respective flavors. Overall, the price was good, and all we really needed was a night's sleep so it was fine. But just don't go by the pictures cause they aren't true.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Abby
"Not pleased!"
We have stayed before without issues however this time was disappointing.cobwebs all over the ceiling and mold on the shower curtain.what really topped it off was when we go places we look forward to the continental breakfast. I had called the front desk agent and asked what time breakfast was and he told me 7-10. When got there at 9:30 and it was cleaned up , I asked at the front desk and was told in kind of an I don't care way that oh no it's only until 9 on weekdays
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Reasonable stay ontransit"
If you are looking for a reasonable transit on way to Boston this suits fine. The check-in at midnight was smooth. The room and toilet are clean , the breakfast very basic, the parking ample. The place secluded and dead quite.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not the best choice..."
Staff was so-so, friendly but understaffed. Waited each time I went to the front desk. Several issues: (1) billing issues for two guests checking in before me, (2) walls too thing could hear my neighbors TV all night so switched rooms and (3) second room so close to I-91 I could barely sleep due to traffic. Rooms were less than expected, but it is a budget hotel so can't complain too much.
4 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Nice hotel near airport."
First room was nice but sliders to outside would not lock. Moved to nicer room. The only problem was that the tub would not drain.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Cat
"Nothing special"
There was nothing that stood out for this hotel except it's in the middle of nowhere. I also found it strange that the front desk will charge you $10/towel if you don't return it after using the non heated indoor pool.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Jen
"Good inexpensive place to stay"
Wonderful staff, went out of their way to accomodate. Breakfast is really just continental items. Hotel is about a 2.5 star. No wireless internet.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
It was fine to sleep at. The place has potential. Needs to be fixed up a bit and it could be very nice.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"This was the weirdest hotel experience I've ever h"
Without question, this was the weirdest hotel experience I've ever had. Empty parking lot,... no hotel or other restaurants close by. The lobby is beautiful... after that... not so much, though the room itself was clean and comfortable. If you don't mind a sketchy experience for the money, this is for you. Otherwise, steer clear. If you are responsible for making the reservation for others and do not want to be embarrassed, do not stay here. My Mom was complaining of allergic reaction to molds and mildews as soon as she left the lobby. No internet in the rooms, only the at the lobby computers. The "great breakfast" advertised on the check-in lobby signage, consisted of toast and bagels and juice only. If you want cheap, don't mind a very weird experience and don't care about in room services, this is the place for you. If you want shampoo and soap in your room, burnt out light bulb replacement after hours no allergic reactions, and a lousy free breakfast to top it all off , this is for you.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
C.L.
"would stay away"
Staying just over night luckily. Got there and took a while to register. Finally get to our room to find room key does not work and was an older out of date key lock. Went back reprogrammed key and still did not work. Back to the desk to find out from maintenance person telling person at desk that that room lock was broken. Only other room available was a handicapped room which we had to take. Would not recommend.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Rustie
"Awesome Hotel!"
My boyfriend & I spent the weekend here for a little get away! It was awesome! Outside of hotel could use some updating but other than that everything was fantastic! Only downside they don't tell you is that they keep a $69 hold on your credit/debit card account for up to a week! We will definitely be coming back!
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Not impressed"
We were not informed of the $69 credit card hold until arrival. The hold takes 7-10 business days to be deposited back into your account- very frustrating. The desk lady was rude and tried to charge me $15 extra- I had to correct her math. I was told we would have one king bed and wound up with two queens. The pool was gross looking. The location sucked- literally in the middle of nowhere. The gas station up the street was closed on Sunday- what?? The mini fridge in our room wasn't cold because there was a huge block of ice around the freezer part (obviously wasn't taken care of properly). Definitely would not stay there again!
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Sam
"get what you pay for and it was too much"
I was very disappointed in my stay.. The room was DIRTY , there was no WiFi. No flat screen tv. And poor quality of upkeep. the carpet had many stains and looked as if it was never vacuumed in a long time . If you like rooming with spiders than its your place. Had at least 5 in the room. The room was very dark even with 3 lamps on . Bathroom was just as bad. The tub was just wiped down. Hair on walls n debre in the corners of bathroom. Over all gross. Luckily I brought Lysol wipes to c lean the toilet. Previous guest personal items (used razor and soap) in the drawer . For some reason there was 2 refrigerator s in the room and one made a annoying sound all night . I brought up the tv issue and was told only the 2nd fool has them because people could break into the lower floor rooms . ( that made me feel better) Staff on the other hand was very good.(front desk and maintenance) Besides cleaning crew in which they yelled and screamed at each other. If you want the free breakfast..save your time and go into town .
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Pipes were banging loudly"
Pipes banging so loud that it sounded like someone was outside your room with a jack hammer, at 12:30AM for 20 minutes, Not once, but 3 times.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Poor Customer Service"
Frustrating
2 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Diabetic Nightmare"
Breakfast is pastries, donuts, bagels & cereal
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"not as nice as shown in ads"
Breakfast first day - no fruit - second day only apples, which I don't really consider breakfast fare. Picture had shown waffle maker, etc. Mostly carbs. but passable. Room not checked between days. When I asked why I was told since I had do not disturb sign on door till 11am when we went out - they didn't clean room. Pod still is coffee pot, and coffee not replaced, so had to use decaf second day. Specs on floor still there, ect.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
D & R
"Uneventfully Good but..."
Our stay at the High Point was pleasant and uneventful, which, for the location and price, was just fine. The check in was a bit slow and, for some reason, they felt the need to tack on an incidentals charge (which will be released in a day or so) that matched the room fee. That is unusual for a Hotels.com booking, in our experience. The room was clean and nice. (the carpeting was a little beat) Beds were comfortable, lights all worked, but wifi, though present, was non-existent in the room. TV was large but older but it worked and the cable had lots of choices. The shower had LOTS of power and hot water (environmentalists would flinch at the flow rate!!) The bathroom clean and roomy and the shower drain was slow and backed up so we were standing in 2 inches of water by shower’s end. The parking lot needs more light and it could feel unsafe to some. Load in to rooms was easily accomplished by parking outside the door, going in from the hallway and using the glass doors. Overall, it was a good stay at a very reasonable rate and close to the highway. (It was a little tricky getting into the facility because of the lack of light issue. I would say that the hotel staff was a little “pointed” verbally at check in about the need to “get out” on time! I figure that they were trying to make sure we didn’t call for a late check out with our “incidental hold” as a threat. Kinda hospitality challenged. But it was a useful stay.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Reggie H.
"Bad experience."
First we got sent to a room that was already occupied by other guests. Then when we finally got to our room it was not great. The balcony was a sliding glass door to literally one to one and a half feet of "balcony" and we could hear other guests opening and closing doors and moving around the hallways all night. :(
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Near the BigE"
The room was not really clean..the bed was and there were clean towels. The wi if is not in the rooms -the radio did not work. I tried to call the desk and got no answer ...twice.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
cyndi
Need some repair to the building, nice pool for the price good deal
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2014
randy
"Convienient to the airport"
Great receptionist at the front desk. Although I had a non-smoking room, it still had a cigarette smell.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Terrible"
We checked in, our first room which was nonsmoking, smelled like smoke. The guy at the front was very friendly and automatically apologized and gave us a different room. Once we arrived to this room the pillows looked like they have been used making me suspicious about the sheets and pillows being cleaned so we asked for new sheets, which the guy happily gave us. To top this off, the next day housekeeping just opened the door on us.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Wonderful"
I was surprised to find a hotel for such little money for a night, and even more surprised how nice the hotel looked and how great their staff was. Had a great stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"Get what you pay for"
Good hotel for what you pay for. The parking lot, sidewalks and common areas are in some need of restoration, but the rooms themselves are pretty decent, and the hotel is very close to BDL airport.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Kachish
"older but clean"
We called and let them know we would be checking late, fine. Upon check-in there were only 2 sets of towels for 4 people which would have been nice if since we had checked-in late already been taken care of. Called the front desk for towels and pillows, we had to go to the front desk to get them. The room was clean but the hotel in general is older and could use some updating. The parking lot has signs saying not to leave items in your car, so this implies to me that they have had problems in the past. Lastly, we had a 3 month old in a stroller, we were given a room on the second floor and discovered there are no elevators. Rather than address the room issue, we carried the stroller up the flight of stairs since it was late and we just wanted to go to sleep. We stayed during a visit to Six Flags, this hotel was cheap and about 10+ minutes away right off the interstate.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Just relax"
Everything was really good . The only hiccup was the wi-fi wasn't working. The staff was really nice and helpful.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
a. Rose
"Great value!"
Pleasantly surprised with what a nice hotel this is for the price. Clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Not right off the highway, but still pretty convenient. Quiet neighborhood. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Good
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"The best vacation ever"
Since the moment that i arrived at the hotel everything was perfect. I love and my family too. They love so much that they want to come back , i personally recommended to go there.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Ana Santos
"not bad, right off the highway"
Hotel wasn't bad...doesn't look great driving up, better inside. Staff was friendly. One key wouldn't work. But other one was fine. Looks like an older facility that had been fixed up. Don't count on the breakfast...basically bagels and coffee.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Great if you came here for Six Flags New England"
This hotel was a 15 minute drive south from Six Flags New England. Expecting just a place to sleep I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel was of high quality.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Far enough off the road, yet a very nice place!!!"
This property was much better than th eother I reviewed last week... Much nicer in qulaity & the service was great... However saying that, they advertised an indoor pool , but was very cold, & the outside perimeter certainly needs lots of work done on it... Rooms were much cleaner than I expected after looking at the outside, so for the 4 days I was there, it was a great place to stay...
4 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Nice hotel in a convenient area."
We only stayed one night but the facilities appeared to be adequately maintained and the staff was nice.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Get what u pay for"
The breakfast was very limited and I needed late checkout as I had a conference call for work and the staff was not very willing to help. Other than those two issues the place was clean and the room size was pretty decent.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Still a work in progress"
The first day I arrived my room was nice and clean, the staff was very friendly. The pool was nice and breakfast was fine. The staff didn't know how to apply my AAA discount. The second day, I had to contact the front desk, to get someone to come clean my room. My was never cleaned and the trash from the night before was still in my room that night I returned. Also my room was not vacuum, no clean towels. Some of the hallways had water on floor, flooded and some of the hallways had a musty, dog smell.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Jackie
Decent for the price. front desk attendant was helpful. the room was a little outdated.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Sophia
"OK for a night. But not if you need to sleep."
Bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Beyond that, you get what you pay for. The walls were paper thin and the people next to us had the tv up loud all night. I'm not really picky about hotels, but I don't think I would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Would not recommend."
The bed was like a cement slab - very very hard and not at all comfortable. The A/C was on a delay and would only run on an energy saver mode, making the room feel very hot even at the lowest setting. The room was clean, but they didn't leave any sort of floor mat for the shower and the bathroom floor was a very slick tile that was very slippery when wet. We could hear everything from the next rooms through the vents. The main lobby was very nice, leading us to think the rest of the hotel was the same, but when we went around the back to where out rooms were, the exterior of the building was very poor and falling apart. At $59 a night, however, I guess you get what you pay for;)
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"wonderful place to stay"
Nice updated room with a forest view, clean pool and good breakfast. No WiFi in the room though.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Alex
"not good"
not good I went to have a good night and was bad with not cleaner room and bad serv
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
jam
For the price they this hotel charges, us would think it was a BS hotel. THIS HOTEL IS EXCELLENT, AND I DO MEAN EXCELLENT. its a very good hotel for price it's very good.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Stay somewhere else"
Awful ac didn't work good at all WIFI was down they offered to dropped off an Ethernet cable they never did, smelt moldy now I know why it was cheap
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Hillspoint
"Some improvements needed."
The room was clean and in order. The staff was friendly. However, there were spider webs in room and there was no ventilation in bathroom.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014