All hotels in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, United States of America
383 S Center St, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"The toilet was dirty"
The room was extremely cold when we got there, took awhile to heat up. The bathroom was nasty looking walls dirty
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
donna
"Great value"
This is a great value. The room was comfortable, clean but somewhat dated. However, the bathroom had just been remodeled which was very nice. We were there for a family emergency and the hotel staff were very accommodating with our changing plans. Even without the great service, this hotel is an excellent value overall.
2 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Philip A
"Hidden Functional Gem"
Go there for business.Spacious comfortable room...great vallue
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Keep scrolling...not how it appears on website"
Hotel out in the middle of nowhere...appeared abandoned...rooms and hallways very dirty...wifi didn't work...no locks on outside doors so anyone can walk into hotel...very uncomfortable stay...will not return or recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"HORRIBLE! Do NOT go here, very legitmate reasons-"
I cannot BELIEVE the experience I had with this place. I spent a good chunk of change on a reservation, specifically to take advantage of the ammenities. The website clearly describes and depicts a hot breakfast, which is the only reason I reserved the room. When I requested to complain to the management, the receptionist snotilly asked "what's the problem?" After I explained, she said "Everybody keeps complaining about that, management is aware of it, and they refuse to change the website. Nothing I can do." Then it got much worse... I called and asked to speak with the hotel manager, who started talking over me, would not let me finish my sentence, kept cutting me off, and tried to tell me that the ammenities advertised were not part of what I paid. Every time I tried to talk, she kept saying "let me finish" and repeating the same thing over and over. Wouldn't even let me complete a sentence. When I finally raised my voice so she'd stop talking, she continued being rude and nasty, telling ME how to speak to her, not letting me talk, and actually hung up on me. When I called back, the receptionist had the gall to call me "Mr. Nasty" and give me an attitude as well, telling me that the manager who had just hung up on me 30 seconds ago was "not available" These people are in trouble with the bank and probably won't be around much longer, it shows in the way they just blatantly don't care about their customers.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Once nice hotel, going by the way side."
I have stayed at this hotel before on business. In the year that has passed since the last stay, sadly the hotel has regressed quite a bit. No hot breakfast anymore, only cereal and pastries and the coffee was undrinkable. Over the course of our 5 day stay, 3 of the 4 days our room was clean, only one bed was made. 1 day they took our soiled towels and neglected to leave us clean ones. When we called the front desk requesting towels, they informed us we would have to come to the front desk to retrieve them, as there was no one to deliver them to us. Very poor customer service and the rooms are in desperate need of revamping. The beds are horribly uncomfortable and the bathrooms are shabby, with old holes in the walls and burned spots on the ceilings.
5 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"Not a good experience"
Room was dirty.... Door did not really lock.... Overall this property is not good
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
michael
"Low Expectations...NOT Met"
I've stayed here several times, and for $65, I wasn't expecting the Ritz. However, what I got was below my low expectations. I requested an upstairs room after remembering the huge glass sliders that the rooms all have, and asked that it was close to the lobby if possible. This annoyed the front desk guy as I initially said I didn't care, and he had started to put me in a ground floor room. So, he gave me a room as far from the lobby as possible. When I got to the room, it was FREEZING because this entire part of the building wasn't being heated. Plus, the door was AJAR, and the door leading to the next room wasn't locked. Pretty creepy for a woman traveling alone at 1AM. The beds were in lousy shape, one of them sounded like it would break if I slept on it, and the room clearly hadn't been used in a while. The time on the alarm was wrong, and the sheets looked like they had been on there (unused) a long time. The following morning, I went down to the lobby to realize that breakfast ended two hours earlier than the check in guy had told me. When I walked by, I noticed that the indoor pool was a cloudy green color. The guys at the front desk in the morning were very nice and helpful, but it was too little, too late...
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Meghan
The room was quiet and comfortable. Loved it
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Marcie
"very good"
Pleasant
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Moses
"Alright"
Well there was noise from other guest during the evening, I enjoyed the morning breakfast and the indoor pool for my grandchildren.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Queenie
"Worst Hotel"
Very Rude reception personnel. Found roaches. Dirtiest Hotel ever we have seen.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Aliasghar
"Decent stay"
The hotel clerk was very nice but he kept stopping to help others who walked up to the desk while he was checking me in and didn't listen to my request of using a different credit card than was on the reservation. The room was clean and a nice size. The only thing we were disappointed with was the breakfast. They should have advertised that it was only a cold continental breakfast and a large band group wiped most of the food out early on. In the photo I saw on line of the hotel they showed a waffle iron, etc. Again, the server who was attending tried to accommodate as best he could.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Ruth
"Family Visiting"
Good room. 1 night stay for a family member, Everything was very good.
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
Woodrow
"Bad experience"
We spent one night out of the 4 that we booked. It was filthy.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
I should of brought a tent to sleep in. Smelly halls clog toilet.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
Not great. Use only for a one night stay if the location is convenient.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Night get away.... with the hubby"
Upset that the pool was closed at 10PM. We just wanted to get away and swim and relax for a night away from the 8 kids. Comforters need to be updated they were out of style. so makes the rooms look a little cheap.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Only stay out of desperation!"
Entrance and lobby room really gave me high hopes. The individual rooms were awful. Not clean, very uncomfortable and thin walls. No internet available as advertised either in room or lobby. Breakfast not as advertised.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Corina
"Comfortable"
Fair price and clean. No elevator but enjoyed y stay.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"It looked a lot better online..."
The hotel is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning and an update. When I first checked in, I noticed that the hallways were extremely dirty. There were dead bugs on all of the ledges and fixtures. The halls have scuff marks on all of the walls and everything was dimly lit and had poor signage. When I got to the room, there was little improvement from there. The walls had very little sound insulation as I could clearly hear the very loud party in the next room. Within 5 min of arriving, the front desk had the nerve to call and accuse me of hosting the party. When I told them that it was the room next door, it took them over an hour to address the issue. Upon further inspecting the room, I noticed that on the outside balcony had several large rotting holes in the roof line and the room had a smell of old smoke. The chair and couch in the rooms was well worn with several different colored stains on them. Later in the evening I discovered that the carpet had several random wet spots that were seemingly there before we arrived. When I took a shower, the Tub/Shower unit was slow to drain and quickly filled up with water. I was extremely displeased with the whole experience and am very unlikely to recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"very nice, a great value"
hotel was comfortable,breakfast was good, nothing great,clean rooms and hallways
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
michell
"BEWARE!!!!"
The staff was rude. When I came to check in they asked for a $70 deposit. I didn't have my credit card on me and they weren't going to give me the room I pages for because I didn't have this deposit. I don't know the clientele they cater to that they need this deposit. It was late when I got there and was almost swbt to the streets after reserving and paying for the room. Not the way to run a business.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"show at XL Center"
check in was very easy and pleasant. The person was very helpful in recommending a restaurant. Breakfast in the am was enough to get you going for the day
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
dot
"Pictures lie!"
The pictures on the website and hotels.com made this place look outstanding. Yes, the lobby area was nice, clean, large and the front desk lady was pleasant, however, the room was not super comfortable and didn't have the nicer bed linens shown in the pictures. I also reserved a king and the front desk lady said she would "upgrade" me to a king even though I had reserved two doubles/queens. Also, the MOST disappointing was that the pictures of breakfast made it look wonderful. There was a picture of waffles! Were there any waffles? NO! there was toast, cereal, and funny looking store-bought pastries and donuts. And the juice was unrecognizable! And didn't taste like its respective flavors. Overall, the price was good, and all we really needed was a night's sleep so it was fine. But just don't go by the pictures cause they aren't true.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Abby
"Not pleased!"
We have stayed before without issues however this time was disappointing.cobwebs all over the ceiling and mold on the shower curtain.what really topped it off was when we go places we look forward to the continental breakfast. I had called the front desk agent and asked what time breakfast was and he told me 7-10. When got there at 9:30 and it was cleaned up , I asked at the front desk and was told in kind of an I don't care way that oh no it's only until 9 on weekdays
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Reasonable stay ontransit"
If you are looking for a reasonable transit on way to Boston this suits fine. The check-in at midnight was smooth. The room and toilet are clean , the breakfast very basic, the parking ample. The place secluded and dead quite.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not the best choice..."
Staff was so-so, friendly but understaffed. Waited each time I went to the front desk. Several issues: (1) billing issues for two guests checking in before me, (2) walls too thing could hear my neighbors TV all night so switched rooms and (3) second room so close to I-91 I could barely sleep due to traffic. Rooms were less than expected, but it is a budget hotel so can't complain too much.
4 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Nice hotel near airport."
First room was nice but sliders to outside would not lock. Moved to nicer room. The only problem was that the tub would not drain.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Cat
"Nothing special"
There was nothing that stood out for this hotel except it's in the middle of nowhere. I also found it strange that the front desk will charge you $10/towel if you don't return it after using the non heated indoor pool.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Jen
"Good inexpensive place to stay"
Wonderful staff, went out of their way to accomodate. Breakfast is really just continental items. Hotel is about a 2.5 star. No wireless internet.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
It was fine to sleep at. The place has potential. Needs to be fixed up a bit and it could be very nice.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"This was the weirdest hotel experience I've ever h"
Without question, this was the weirdest hotel experience I've ever had. Empty parking lot,... no hotel or other restaurants close by. The lobby is beautiful... after that... not so much, though the room itself was clean and comfortable. If you don't mind a sketchy experience for the money, this is for you. Otherwise, steer clear. If you are responsible for making the reservation for others and do not want to be embarrassed, do not stay here. My Mom was complaining of allergic reaction to molds and mildews as soon as she left the lobby. No internet in the rooms, only the at the lobby computers. The "great breakfast" advertised on the check-in lobby signage, consisted of toast and bagels and juice only. If you want cheap, don't mind a very weird experience and don't care about in room services, this is the place for you. If you want shampoo and soap in your room, burnt out light bulb replacement after hours no allergic reactions, and a lousy free breakfast to top it all off , this is for you.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
C.L.
"would stay away"
Staying just over night luckily. Got there and took a while to register. Finally get to our room to find room key does not work and was an older out of date key lock. Went back reprogrammed key and still did not work. Back to the desk to find out from maintenance person telling person at desk that that room lock was broken. Only other room available was a handicapped room which we had to take. Would not recommend.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Rustie
"Awesome Hotel!"
My boyfriend & I spent the weekend here for a little get away! It was awesome! Outside of hotel could use some updating but other than that everything was fantastic! Only downside they don't tell you is that they keep a $69 hold on your credit/debit card account for up to a week! We will definitely be coming back!
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
"Not impressed"
We were not informed of the $69 credit card hold until arrival. The hold takes 7-10 business days to be deposited back into your account- very frustrating. The desk lady was rude and tried to charge me $15 extra- I had to correct her math. I was told we would have one king bed and wound up with two queens. The pool was gross looking. The location sucked- literally in the middle of nowhere. The gas station up the street was closed on Sunday- what?? The mini fridge in our room wasn't cold because there was a huge block of ice around the freezer part (obviously wasn't taken care of properly). Definitely would not stay there again!
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Sam
"get what you pay for and it was too much"
I was very disappointed in my stay.. The room was DIRTY , there was no WiFi. No flat screen tv. And poor quality of upkeep. the carpet had many stains and looked as if it was never vacuumed in a long time . If you like rooming with spiders than its your place. Had at least 5 in the room. The room was very dark even with 3 lamps on . Bathroom was just as bad. The tub was just wiped down. Hair on walls n debre in the corners of bathroom. Over all gross. Luckily I brought Lysol wipes to c lean the toilet. Previous guest personal items (used razor and soap) in the drawer . For some reason there was 2 refrigerator s in the room and one made a annoying sound all night . I brought up the tv issue and was told only the 2nd fool has them because people could break into the lower floor rooms . ( that made me feel better) Staff on the other hand was very good.(front desk and maintenance) Besides cleaning crew in which they yelled and screamed at each other. If you want the free breakfast..save your time and go into town .
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Pipes were banging loudly"
Pipes banging so loud that it sounded like someone was outside your room with a jack hammer, at 12:30AM for 20 minutes, Not once, but 3 times.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Poor Customer Service"
Frustrating
2 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Diabetic Nightmare"
Breakfast is pastries, donuts, bagels & cereal
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"not as nice as shown in ads"
Breakfast first day - no fruit - second day only apples, which I don't really consider breakfast fare. Picture had shown waffle maker, etc. Mostly carbs. but passable. Room not checked between days. When I asked why I was told since I had do not disturb sign on door till 11am when we went out - they didn't clean room. Pod still is coffee pot, and coffee not replaced, so had to use decaf second day. Specs on floor still there, ect.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
D & R
"Uneventfully Good but..."
Our stay at the High Point was pleasant and uneventful, which, for the location and price, was just fine. The check in was a bit slow and, for some reason, they felt the need to tack on an incidentals charge (which will be released in a day or so) that matched the room fee. That is unusual for a Hotels.com booking, in our experience. The room was clean and nice. (the carpeting was a little beat) Beds were comfortable, lights all worked, but wifi, though present, was non-existent in the room. TV was large but older but it worked and the cable had lots of choices. The shower had LOTS of power and hot water (environmentalists would flinch at the flow rate!!) The bathroom clean and roomy and the shower drain was slow and backed up so we were standing in 2 inches of water by shower’s end. The parking lot needs more light and it could feel unsafe to some. Load in to rooms was easily accomplished by parking outside the door, going in from the hallway and using the glass doors. Overall, it was a good stay at a very reasonable rate and close to the highway. (It was a little tricky getting into the facility because of the lack of light issue. I would say that the hotel staff was a little “pointed” verbally at check in about the need to “get out” on time! I figure that they were trying to make sure we didn’t call for a late check out with our “incidental hold” as a threat. Kinda hospitality challenged. But it was a useful stay.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Reggie H.
"Bad experience."
First we got sent to a room that was already occupied by other guests. Then when we finally got to our room it was not great. The balcony was a sliding glass door to literally one to one and a half feet of "balcony" and we could hear other guests opening and closing doors and moving around the hallways all night. :(
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Near the BigE"
The room was not really clean..the bed was and there were clean towels. The wi if is not in the rooms -the radio did not work. I tried to call the desk and got no answer ...twice.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
cyndi
Need some repair to the building, nice pool for the price good deal
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2014
randy
"Convienient to the airport"
Great receptionist at the front desk. Although I had a non-smoking room, it still had a cigarette smell.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Terrible"
We checked in, our first room which was nonsmoking, smelled like smoke. The guy at the front was very friendly and automatically apologized and gave us a different room. Once we arrived to this room the pillows looked like they have been used making me suspicious about the sheets and pillows being cleaned so we asked for new sheets, which the guy happily gave us. To top this off, the next day housekeeping just opened the door on us.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Wonderful"
I was surprised to find a hotel for such little money for a night, and even more surprised how nice the hotel looked and how great their staff was. Had a great stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"Get what you pay for"
Good hotel for what you pay for. The parking lot, sidewalks and common areas are in some need of restoration, but the rooms themselves are pretty decent, and the hotel is very close to BDL airport.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Kachish
"older but clean"
We called and let them know we would be checking late, fine. Upon check-in there were only 2 sets of towels for 4 people which would have been nice if since we had checked-in late already been taken care of. Called the front desk for towels and pillows, we had to go to the front desk to get them. The room was clean but the hotel in general is older and could use some updating. The parking lot has signs saying not to leave items in your car, so this implies to me that they have had problems in the past. Lastly, we had a 3 month old in a stroller, we were given a room on the second floor and discovered there are no elevators. Rather than address the room issue, we carried the stroller up the flight of stairs since it was late and we just wanted to go to sleep. We stayed during a visit to Six Flags, this hotel was cheap and about 10+ minutes away right off the interstate.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014