All hotels in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, United States of America
383 S Center St, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Satisfactory for the price"
The room was stuffy but clean for the most part. Definitely needs a remodel but it could have was satisfactory for the price. I only wish the wash cloths from the previous guests weren't hanging in the shower when we got there.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"A hotel going downhill fast."
A pretty run down hotel. There is no place to eat (except for a skimpy breakfast that ends at 9 AM) around there and when I arrived the soft drinks in the lobby were completely out of stock (every single variety!). It looks like they are just milking this hotel for the money and letting it run down. The pool was closed with paper over the windows.
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Ken
Overall good, I miss to have a microwave and fridge in the room
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Somewhat fine"
It was fine nothing special and a gross area
1 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
Olivia
"Interesting hotel"
First of all, when we checked in after flying all day, they were going to charge us extra money to check in early, which we did not care to do, and you could tell there were plenty of rooms available. There are people living at this hotel,and not just staying for a job. The room was clean (although it was freezing when we first got into the room). You could tell the heat had not been on for quite some time. Location is OK but it takes a little bit to get to the highway. You get what you pay for.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"A good night's sleep and an affordable price."
Everything was satisfactory. The heat in the room did not respond well to the temperature control unit and was frequently too hot or too cold, as well as loud. The room service knocked on my door while I was sleeping, but were very polite about it when I let them know I had forgotten to put the "do not disturb" sign out. Towels and linens were cared for each day, and my own belongings were not disturbed. I felt safe and secure, as well as comfortable. The bed and pillows were very nice. The price was just right.
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
STEPHANIE
"Great Stay!"
Our stay was great! Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly! My boyfriend and I come here often to just get away and each time has been great! Although, the wifi never works but we never use it because we are there to just relax!
Response by HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
It is always nice to hear the good things we do. I will be sure to show this to the entire staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great receptionist"
It was for business. Easy access to main roads. The receptionist was very warm and friendly. It actually made the long ride up a little easier to be met by such a friendly person.
Response by HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire staff.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Not recommended"
Hotel was run down. Matresses were torn at the bottom. Shower was clogged with hair. Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.
Response by HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
Please accept our apologies on behalf of the entire mgmt. staff regarding your recent stay. We strive to make each guests visit a pleasant one and would have loved the opportunity to hear these comments in person during your stay so that we could rectify them immediately. Please accept our sincerest appreciation for your candid remarks and be assured we will share your comments with our staff
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Value at the price"
The desk clerk was friendly and helpful, but the lobby furnishings were tatty. Our room lacked a suitcase stand; the sink faucet was hard to control, and the cracks between tiles in the shower needed a good cleaning. But the room was clean overall and the mattress was comfy. The free breakfast offered very little choice. All in all this was a value at the price we paid.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
C Thomas
"great place!"
Great hotel! I will be back and i will also recommend.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
gilson
"You get what you pay for."
It was ok. My family and I were driving through and stayed only one night. The people at the front desk were not very professional. They were switching shifts so the one that was leaving said the other clerk will be with us in a moment, then he took a personal call and kept counting money. Finally, the other clerk assisted us. My card wouldn't go through, so he said don't worry about it and let us check in (I called the bank in the morning and my card was set) We got to our room, it wasn't bad....just not updated. Everything was old. I guess you get what you pay for.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Monica
"Tired and worn down hotel"
Where to begin....room not vacuumed, torn lamp shades, broken drawers that cannot be used, tile separating all over the bathroom, outside doors do not lock so anyone can come into the building without a key, no restaurant but they serve "breakfast", one hanger in closet, almost could not find this place at night because their outdoor sign was not turned on. Cheap rates but a lot to overlook.
Response by HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
Please accept our apologies on behalf of the entire staff regarding your recent stay. We would have loved the opportunity to hear these comments in person during your stay so that we could rectify them immediately. Please accept our sincerest appreciation for your candid remarks and be assured we will share your comments with our staff
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Anne
"Good for the price. Freezing pool"
Part of the reason I chose this place over other economical hotels was due to the pool. Being indoors my daughter could swim. But it was beyond to cold. A little heat in the room would have helped. Also the breakfast was stail and overall poor
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Brad
"Hillspoint overrated.."
Very outdated. Staff was NOT friendly at all. The somewhat breakfast was horrible.. WiFi didn't work or when it did sucked.
Response by HillsPoint Hotel & Conferences
I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I have reported all of your problems to the department heads so they can correct the problems. Without comments like this from our valued guest we can never improve.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Christopher
Our experience was generally good . However we would have liked to be able to use the pool it was way too cold . The pillows weren't suitable for a king size bedthey were very small . The hotels staff was friendly and accommodating, that was a plus . Overall I would recommend this hotel because of the affordability of the rooms .
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Abdul
"Weekend stay"
Have stayed there several times. We did have a problem with our door key, but hotel staff helped us with it. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Bruce
"TrashPoint Hotel & Conferences"
Terrible! We stayed at this Hotel 2 years ago. The service was fair then but this time the experience was horrible. The Rooms were not cleaned, beds not made and trash not removed. When we returned to the room the second evening and asked why the rooms were not cleaned, the only explanation was that the manager was not on duty. The next morning I had to reuse the towel from previous day.We had to call for fresh towels several times before some were brought over after about 20 minutes. When we checked out and I spoke to the manager, all she said was sorry. Apparently, nothing was wrong with the Hotel's service. Worst hotel experience for the past 29 years that I have been visiting Hartford, CT.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Terrible hotel"
This hotel actually seems more like a motel. The WiFi did not work and the staff couldn't fix it. The indoor pool was freezing cold and pool towels were hand towel size. The first room they gave us had a horrible smell and stained couch. The second room had stained blankets. They do not have refrigerators in the rooms.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
family traveler
"Adequate."
There was no shower curtain. I noticed this too late to have one installed and asked about a discount at check out and was told I would need to speak to the manager who was not in yet.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2014
Greg
"The toilet was dirty"
The room was extremely cold when we got there, took awhile to heat up. The bathroom was nasty looking walls dirty
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
donna
"Great value"
This is a great value. The room was comfortable, clean but somewhat dated. However, the bathroom had just been remodeled which was very nice. We were there for a family emergency and the hotel staff were very accommodating with our changing plans. Even without the great service, this hotel is an excellent value overall.
2 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Philip A
"Hidden Functional Gem"
Go there for business.Spacious comfortable room...great vallue
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Keep scrolling...not how it appears on website"
Hotel out in the middle of nowhere...appeared abandoned...rooms and hallways very dirty...wifi didn't work...no locks on outside doors so anyone can walk into hotel...very uncomfortable stay...will not return or recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"HORRIBLE! Do NOT go here, very legitmate reasons-"
I cannot BELIEVE the experience I had with this place. I spent a good chunk of change on a reservation, specifically to take advantage of the ammenities. The website clearly describes and depicts a hot breakfast, which is the only reason I reserved the room. When I requested to complain to the management, the receptionist snotilly asked "what's the problem?" After I explained, she said "Everybody keeps complaining about that, management is aware of it, and they refuse to change the website. Nothing I can do." Then it got much worse... I called and asked to speak with the hotel manager, who started talking over me, would not let me finish my sentence, kept cutting me off, and tried to tell me that the ammenities advertised were not part of what I paid. Every time I tried to talk, she kept saying "let me finish" and repeating the same thing over and over. Wouldn't even let me complete a sentence. When I finally raised my voice so she'd stop talking, she continued being rude and nasty, telling ME how to speak to her, not letting me talk, and actually hung up on me. When I called back, the receptionist had the gall to call me "Mr. Nasty" and give me an attitude as well, telling me that the manager who had just hung up on me 30 seconds ago was "not available" These people are in trouble with the bank and probably won't be around much longer, it shows in the way they just blatantly don't care about their customers.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Once nice hotel, going by the way side."
I have stayed at this hotel before on business. In the year that has passed since the last stay, sadly the hotel has regressed quite a bit. No hot breakfast anymore, only cereal and pastries and the coffee was undrinkable. Over the course of our 5 day stay, 3 of the 4 days our room was clean, only one bed was made. 1 day they took our soiled towels and neglected to leave us clean ones. When we called the front desk requesting towels, they informed us we would have to come to the front desk to retrieve them, as there was no one to deliver them to us. Very poor customer service and the rooms are in desperate need of revamping. The beds are horribly uncomfortable and the bathrooms are shabby, with old holes in the walls and burned spots on the ceilings.
5 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"Not a good experience"
Room was dirty.... Door did not really lock.... Overall this property is not good
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
michael
"Low Expectations...NOT Met"
I've stayed here several times, and for $65, I wasn't expecting the Ritz. However, what I got was below my low expectations. I requested an upstairs room after remembering the huge glass sliders that the rooms all have, and asked that it was close to the lobby if possible. This annoyed the front desk guy as I initially said I didn't care, and he had started to put me in a ground floor room. So, he gave me a room as far from the lobby as possible. When I got to the room, it was FREEZING because this entire part of the building wasn't being heated. Plus, the door was AJAR, and the door leading to the next room wasn't locked. Pretty creepy for a woman traveling alone at 1AM. The beds were in lousy shape, one of them sounded like it would break if I slept on it, and the room clearly hadn't been used in a while. The time on the alarm was wrong, and the sheets looked like they had been on there (unused) a long time. The following morning, I went down to the lobby to realize that breakfast ended two hours earlier than the check in guy had told me. When I walked by, I noticed that the indoor pool was a cloudy green color. The guys at the front desk in the morning were very nice and helpful, but it was too little, too late...
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Meghan
The room was quiet and comfortable. Loved it
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Marcie
"very good"
Pleasant
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Moses
"Alright"
Well there was noise from other guest during the evening, I enjoyed the morning breakfast and the indoor pool for my grandchildren.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Queenie
"Worst Hotel"
Very Rude reception personnel. Found roaches. Dirtiest Hotel ever we have seen.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Aliasghar
"Decent stay"
The hotel clerk was very nice but he kept stopping to help others who walked up to the desk while he was checking me in and didn't listen to my request of using a different credit card than was on the reservation. The room was clean and a nice size. The only thing we were disappointed with was the breakfast. They should have advertised that it was only a cold continental breakfast and a large band group wiped most of the food out early on. In the photo I saw on line of the hotel they showed a waffle iron, etc. Again, the server who was attending tried to accommodate as best he could.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Ruth
"Family Visiting"
Good room. 1 night stay for a family member, Everything was very good.
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
Woodrow
"Bad experience"
We spent one night out of the 4 that we booked. It was filthy.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
I should of brought a tent to sleep in. Smelly halls clog toilet.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
Not great. Use only for a one night stay if the location is convenient.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Night get away.... with the hubby"
Upset that the pool was closed at 10PM. We just wanted to get away and swim and relax for a night away from the 8 kids. Comforters need to be updated they were out of style. so makes the rooms look a little cheap.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Only stay out of desperation!"
Entrance and lobby room really gave me high hopes. The individual rooms were awful. Not clean, very uncomfortable and thin walls. No internet available as advertised either in room or lobby. Breakfast not as advertised.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Corina
"Comfortable"
Fair price and clean. No elevator but enjoyed y stay.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"It looked a lot better online..."
The hotel is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning and an update. When I first checked in, I noticed that the hallways were extremely dirty. There were dead bugs on all of the ledges and fixtures. The halls have scuff marks on all of the walls and everything was dimly lit and had poor signage. When I got to the room, there was little improvement from there. The walls had very little sound insulation as I could clearly hear the very loud party in the next room. Within 5 min of arriving, the front desk had the nerve to call and accuse me of hosting the party. When I told them that it was the room next door, it took them over an hour to address the issue. Upon further inspecting the room, I noticed that on the outside balcony had several large rotting holes in the roof line and the room had a smell of old smoke. The chair and couch in the rooms was well worn with several different colored stains on them. Later in the evening I discovered that the carpet had several random wet spots that were seemingly there before we arrived. When I took a shower, the Tub/Shower unit was slow to drain and quickly filled up with water. I was extremely displeased with the whole experience and am very unlikely to recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"very nice, a great value"
hotel was comfortable,breakfast was good, nothing great,clean rooms and hallways
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
michell
"BEWARE!!!!"
The staff was rude. When I came to check in they asked for a $70 deposit. I didn't have my credit card on me and they weren't going to give me the room I pages for because I didn't have this deposit. I don't know the clientele they cater to that they need this deposit. It was late when I got there and was almost swbt to the streets after reserving and paying for the room. Not the way to run a business.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"show at XL Center"
check in was very easy and pleasant. The person was very helpful in recommending a restaurant. Breakfast in the am was enough to get you going for the day
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
dot
"Pictures lie!"
The pictures on the website and hotels.com made this place look outstanding. Yes, the lobby area was nice, clean, large and the front desk lady was pleasant, however, the room was not super comfortable and didn't have the nicer bed linens shown in the pictures. I also reserved a king and the front desk lady said she would "upgrade" me to a king even though I had reserved two doubles/queens. Also, the MOST disappointing was that the pictures of breakfast made it look wonderful. There was a picture of waffles! Were there any waffles? NO! there was toast, cereal, and funny looking store-bought pastries and donuts. And the juice was unrecognizable! And didn't taste like its respective flavors. Overall, the price was good, and all we really needed was a night's sleep so it was fine. But just don't go by the pictures cause they aren't true.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Abby
"Not pleased!"
We have stayed before without issues however this time was disappointing.cobwebs all over the ceiling and mold on the shower curtain.what really topped it off was when we go places we look forward to the continental breakfast. I had called the front desk agent and asked what time breakfast was and he told me 7-10. When got there at 9:30 and it was cleaned up , I asked at the front desk and was told in kind of an I don't care way that oh no it's only until 9 on weekdays
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"Reasonable stay ontransit"
If you are looking for a reasonable transit on way to Boston this suits fine. The check-in at midnight was smooth. The room and toilet are clean , the breakfast very basic, the parking ample. The place secluded and dead quite.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not the best choice..."
Staff was so-so, friendly but understaffed. Waited each time I went to the front desk. Several issues: (1) billing issues for two guests checking in before me, (2) walls too thing could hear my neighbors TV all night so switched rooms and (3) second room so close to I-91 I could barely sleep due to traffic. Rooms were less than expected, but it is a budget hotel so can't complain too much.
4 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Nice hotel near airport."
First room was nice but sliders to outside would not lock. Moved to nicer room. The only problem was that the tub would not drain.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Cat
"Nothing special"
There was nothing that stood out for this hotel except it's in the middle of nowhere. I also found it strange that the front desk will charge you $10/towel if you don't return it after using the non heated indoor pool.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014