All hotels in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America

Regular internet service
    Food is not good
    Bad breakfast
"Served it's purpose"
We went to a Tigrt game and knew we wouldn't be doing anything but sleep. So didn't want to pay the big bucks to stay right Downtown. This was a reasonable option. It's a few blocks from old Tiger Stadium. Not the best area. We walked to the people mover. About 1.2 miles. Easy walk. At check in we had to pass our info through bullet proof glass. Service was slow as the young girl picked up phone and made us wait. Finally a manager told someone else to help us. Parking is gated. Room was old but clean. Bed was a full size. Not what I expected. We walked back at 1:30am. No problems. It served its purpose.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re sorry if there was any delay with checking you in because our goal is to help guests start a relaxing stay as soon as they come through our doors. Your feedback is very important to us, and we’re double checking that our whole team is offering the dedicated service we love to offer. Coming to Detroit for a Tigers game sounds fantastic and even better when your room is just a short walk away. Corktown Hotel is in the midst of an exciting remodel, and we guarantee it will look even better when you come back!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"hotel and it accomodated my stay"
I had a great experience it was a lovely stay We was able to get back and forth to the Cobo without any problems.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, While location isn’t everything, it counts for a lot, which is why we’re always thrilled to hear when our location is a highlight of a guests’ time with us. The next time you come to Detroit-- or Cobo, we hope you’ll head over our way too!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Mart
"Unsatisfactory"
No refrigerator, iron, microwave, wifi, and only 1 chair in the room. I will not book this hotel again.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
David, Getting what you expect is very important when staying at a hotel, and we apologize if your room wasn’t stocked with the amenities you were looking for. Corktown Hotel is excited to let you know about our current renovation project. We have several redesigned rooms, each full of wonderful amenities. If there is anything we can do to help your next stay to be 5-star, we want to!
6 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2015
"Scary!"
Besides the hotel staff being so excellent, there was no good about this hotel. It was nothing like described and the rooms were tiny and cramped. Updated bathroom but we had to stack our bags against the door to feel safe since there were no chains or any extra locks like most hotels have. There were people sleeping outside and the hotel was empty. It also smelled like smoke and the decorating was horrible. Rooms were freezing despite using a heater IN JUNE. It did have a decent view of the bridge to Canada though.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
L, The word we love to hear from our guests, after their stay, is “wonderful,” but we’re sorry to hear that was not your experience. We always appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests, both the positive and ways to improve, and we’re listening to your concerns about the lock. Guest safety is very important to us, which is why we offer secure parking and key card only entrance. We’re looking into the temperature control issue in your room and are in the midst of beautiful renovations. We’d love to win you over with a stay in one of our newly remodeled rooms!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
L
"Great location. Not much else."
After checking in to our first room, we discovered stains and a pretty strong urine smell. The bed was also un-sleepable: lumpy, off-kilter, etc. Thankfully, another room was available. The second one was a lot better, although the bathroom leaved a little to be desired in terms of cleanliness. Three times during our five-day stay, our keycards needed to be remagnetized. We also couldn't get the gate open. As it turned out, only hotel staff could. This meant waiting to get into the parking lot until one of the people working the gate could come out and open it for us. Overall, this hotel is still a work in progress. It's inexpensive, and the consequences are what I've listed above. I'm sure it will improve, and I will stay there on future visits to Detroit.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re glad you could tell that good things are happening at Corktown Hotel. We’re in the midst of a beautiful renovation and already have several completely redesigned and modern rooms finished. We appreciate your feedback about the issues in your room and are looking forward to having you stay in one of our newly remodeled rooms so you can see the improvements for yourself! We apologize for any inconvenience with the parking gate. Our secure parking is meant as a benefit for our guests, but we always love knowing how we can do better. We hope you’re already planning your next visit to Detroit because we’re looking forward to having you back.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Stay at Corktown hotel"
My boyfriend and I are in our mid 20's and we found the Corktown hotel to stay at after we had gone to a sporting event in downtown Detroit. We had an excellent stay at the Corktown hotel. Our room was clean, the staff was very helpful, and we were even able to check in early. The hotel is very safe with bullet proof windows, and you need to use your card to get in any door. I highly recommend this hotel to any person/couple/family. It is not even five blocks from the center of down town, and Corktown is a very up and coming town! We will definitely be staying at Corktown hotel again!! Lauren C.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Lauren C, There is nothing we love more than welcoming guests back as friends, and we’re thrilled you found our location, dedicated service and comfortable hotel to be just what you needed. Guest safety is a high priority to us, and we agree with you that our neighborhood is quickly becoming a hot spot for amazing new restaurants and shopping. Thank you for the amazing 5-stars and for being a 5-star guest.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Lowest price"
Was for a church affair the cost was great for a over night stay low budget
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Freddie, At Corktown Hotel, we know that great guests like you are invaluable. We strive to be worth every cent and are happy to know we were just what you were looking for. You have a standing invitation to come back, and we hope you’ll take us up on it!
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Freddie
"Could have been better"
Friendly staff and great price, but ricketty elevators and smelled like cigarettes throughout the entire hotel
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, At Corktown, we believe that every guest deserves exceptional service, and we love to make sure that’s what they have! Thank you for the feedback about the cigarette smell and our elevators. We’re in the midst of many renovations, and those issues are high on the list. The next time you stay, we’d love to have you stay in one of our beautiful, renovated rooms. We guarantee you’ll love it!
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Good spot walking distance from downtown"
Overall a great stay; rooms were decent size but only with the bare minimum amenities (eg no fridge), bed was slightly small for our liking but quiet spot and close to food and shops on Michigan ave and Downtown. Staff were helpful, price was very reasonable. Building is old but if you are just looking for a place to sleep in Corktown this is the place to be when exploring the amazing city of Detroit
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Tom, You’re right; Detroit is an amazing city, and Corktown Hotel makes it easy to explore it. It’s our pleasure to help our guests; we love to do everything we can to offer a clean, comfortable room and a great stay for our guests. The next time Detroit is calling you back, Corktown Hotel will be keeping an eye out for you too!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not What I Expected. Didn't Even Go In!!"
I needed a room at the last minute, late in the evening on a Saturday, so I called Expedia. The hotels I would normally frequent were all booked so the Rep recommended The CorkTown Hotel. I asked about the rating and he told me it was good. When I arrived at the hotel the lights in the sign for the name of the hotel were out, there was a gate that you had to go through to get to the parking area and there were security cameras all around the entrance to the lobby. I saw a couple people go into the lobby and they had to use there key cards to get in, or were buzzed in. As I was about to walk into the lobby, I noticed that the receptionist appeared to be sitting behind what looked like a plexi-glass partition of some kind. At that site, I turned around. In all fairness, I cannot rate the staff or the conditions of the room, so I simply put OK for those ratings. But from the "curb appeal" I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Donnell
"concert venue"
I was nervous after reading the reviews before staying but it turned out okay! The room was extremely clean and sure the hotel is a little out dated but it was somewhere to lay our head. I felt safe and would stay again if need be!
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Briana, We’re happy you took the time to try us for yourself and that your stay was even better than you expected. That’s just what we like to do here at Corktown—provide better service, a better location and a clean relaxing room to come back to. The concert was a great reason to visit Detroit, and it’s not hard to find many more. When you do, we’d love to have you stay with us again!
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
briana
Well, upon arriving at the hotel we realized that there had been an error in our booking at it was booked for the day before we arrived. So we arrived at the hotel and had no room. In this day in age, there are bound to be technical errors. But, we got no help for this. We were told by the staff at the hotel AND at hotels.com that there was nothing they could do for us and we were just out our $87. Imagine our disappointment from this. The room was ok, nothing special but it was decent. The beds are not comfortable and the pillows are flat but they were a bed to sleep in.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
Misty
"corktown"
We booked a room with a jacuzzi tub, but didn't use it because of lack of hot water. That was a bummer. Everything else was great, especially the housekeeping lady. She was really nice, give her a raise!!!
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Colin, We’re glad to hear you had a great experience with our housekeeping team, and we’ve passed on your kind words! We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to let us know how we did, and we apologize you weren’t able to use the Jacuzzi. We understand it can be disappointing to miss out on something you were looking forward to, and we’re looking into the issue to make sure there is enough hot water for everyone! The next time you visit, we hope to hear you say, “everything” was great!
4 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Colin
"Was fine for movement"
This hotel is stuck in the 80s and is in need of rennovation. That being said, I was just in town for a music festival and needed a place to shower and sleep. This place was super cheap and the only place available when I went to book a hotel. Overall, the room was clean and the people working the front desk were nice. I view this as analogous to staying in a cheap hotel for vegas. The neighboorhood is notn "rough" - all the locals will tell you that's on the east side.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"corktown"
spur of the moment due to a power outage so the convenience was right on time and the stay n staff very pleasant
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Christopher, We’re sorry to hear about your power outage! No matter what your reason for staying, we’re glad we were here when you needed us! It was a pleasure to have you and do everything we could to offer a home away from home. Our door is always open, and we’d love to have you back.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Christopher
"just fine"
perfectly acceptable no-frills hotel. would stay again.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Richard, Hearing you would stay again put a smile on our faces! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Corktown. While we love to hear back from our guests, seeing them back is even better. If you are visiting the Detroit area in the future, our welcome mat is out!
1 night trip May 16, 2015
"Close to city center, but in an empty neighborhood"
Gated parking and in a neighborhood that you wouldn't want to walk around in at night alone... the building is dark and big, concrete like a Soviet hotel, but the rooms themselves aren't bad. If you're looking for a cheap hotel near downtown Detroit, it's acceptable.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Peter, Thank you for being a recent guest of Corktown Hotel and for taking the time to leave feedback. Being in the heart of Detroit, we strive to be a welcoming presence in any surrounding. We think our location, close to the many downtown offerings is a highlight. We hope you enjoyed your time with us because we’d love to have you back!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"quiet"
good
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello v.h., There’s nothing like peace and quiet when you’re enjoying a relaxing getaway. Corktown Hotel knows a quiet night’s sleep is essential for enjoying a day out in Detroit. We love knowing that your stay was 5-star-good! The next time you’re looking for a hotel in Detroit, you can find your 5 stars here; we’d love to have you back!
2 night trip May 16, 2015
Not Flashy, but good value near downtown Detroit.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Quick getaway"
Right near downtown and gated car lot - this is what I wanted. The rooms are not fancy, but if you are looking for a place to crash while enjoying downtown it is fine. I would stay again.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Eric, Spring is the perfect time to enjoy downtown Detroit! It doesn’t get easier to visit than from our front doors, and we’re glad to hear our location made your plans easy! Anything we can do to help our guests, like offering secure gated parking, we will do! It’s our pleasure to have each guest stay, and we hope you meant it when you said you “would stay again!”
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Hotel meet my basic needs"
Room met basic needs. It was comfortable. Clean. Vending machine broken. Ice machine worked. Main desk behind plexiglass.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Good Value for a Conference"
Was in town for a conference, which meant that most hotels in the area were booked. Grabbed this one based on the price. My first thought when I saw the bulletproof glass was that I'd made a mistake. I went up to my room and my first thought was that this is the type of place that old washed-up rockstars come to die from an overdose. Generally, the place was kind of sketchy, but the staff at the desk was outstanding. I mean, they went out of their way any time I asked for help with anything, and were very pleasant to deal with. It's in a bit of a rough neighborhood that is gentrifying, so the sketchy nature should improve in time. The renovations should help bump up the caliber of people hanging around, so that's something to look forward to. I would actually stay here again if I needed to find a room near downtown Detroit at a reasonable price, if for nothing else to see its transformation once the renovations are complete.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Patrick
"What a joke"
Had a bad feeling when I booked it but against my better judgement I did anyways. Showed up, immediate regret. Asked for an updated room, was rudely told they cost more and aren't available. Got my regular room, without even getting my bag out of my car (had a feeling I wouldn't be staying) and went to my room. Opened the door and was floored how much worse it was then what I was expecting. I have stayed in bad hotels. Lots of them. This one took the cake. Headed back down. Gave my key back and said I wouldn't be staying. Received an eye roll from the rudest front desk person I've ever encountered and headed to Greektown and checked into a beautiful hotel with amazing service. My advice -- STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Conveniently located close to the ballpark"
Old, outdated, not very clean. Location, staff, and price were good.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Angela
"corktown"
The phone didn't work. The Wi-Fi connection was horrible.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We’re very sorry to hear about this issue. Our high-speed internet and phone service should have been trouble free, and we apologize it wasn’t for you! We love to welcome guests who come for business and pleasure and understand good internet service is an important part of our guests’ stay. We’d love to have you back and win you over with our location, friendly team and high-speed internet service that’s running great as usual!
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"It's a hot Ok"
It's ok hotel for the price
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Scott, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay; we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We’re committed to making our hotel better than ever, and we’re very excited to say that we’re in the process of renovating. We hope to welcome you again soon; we’ll be working hard to wow you with our improvements and earn a 5 star review!
1 night trip Jan 19, 2015
"NASTY DOESN'T TOUCH IT"
We had to stay due to our first hotel not honoring our reservation. Dirty, naaty. Smelled like cigarettes. Jacuzzi tub and shower so gross. We slept in our cloths for fear of contracting something. The pictures online are a gross false misrepresentation of the hotel!!!!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Erica
"Sketchy."
Yikes. I guess I would expect nothing less than a hotel in outer city Detroit.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Serena, We’re very sorry to hear you weren’t impressed with your recent stay with us. We LOVE our Detroit home, and we’re committed to sharing that love with other. As part of those efforts, you’ll be happy to hear that we are in the process of renovating and making our hotel better than ever! We’re confident that the improvements will wow you! Again, we are truly sorry for your less than satisfactory experience.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Serena
"Not a pleasant stay at all"
There were people smoking pot outside the hotel- we alerted staff, who couldn't be bothered. We were given the wrong room, staff did move us to another room right away. The bathroom was dirty, a light bulb was out- which never got replaced. It was hard to sleep as every time the elevator went up or down, it was loud in the room.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"only if you just want to rest your head"
Front desk was poorly no manners gave me a bigger room then later in the day she told me they have to change it and the room was smaller bed was very nasty tv didn't work...
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re very sorry that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we will take all your concerns into careful consideration. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are committed to making our hotel better than ever, and your comments are invaluable to our reaching that goal. We hope to welcome you back again in the future; we’ll be diligently working towards impressing you on your return.
5 night trip Feb 20, 2015
The rooms needs upgrades. Furniture is old and worn. The staff was pleasant and courteous. The area of hotel was convenient. I've stayed here before and would come back again.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Never again."
Hotel severely overpriced for the condition. Outdated, in every way. Lights didn't work. Booked a double room only had 1 bed. Only had 3 visible channels on tv, the rest were scrambled. The smell, awful not only on the rooms.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Sara, We’d like to sincerely apologize that you were not impressed with your recent stay. You’ll be very happy to hear that we’ve listened to our guests, and we’re in the process of renovating. We’ll take all your feedback into careful consideration as we work towards making our hotel better than ever! The double room description refers to the bed size. We understand how this can be confusing, and we’ll look into the issue right away. We hope you’ll reconsider a return visit; we’re confident that our many improvements will win you over.
Sara
"Perfect for the price!!"
My friends and family were concerned when I told them I was going to be staying at a hotel in Detroit for under $50, but this place was great. We stayed here for the Garth Brooks concert. The location was in walking distance from the Joe Louis Arena. The room was clean, but a little dated, which I don't care about the fashion of the hotel. They had plans for a remodel in the lobby, but why I stayed here is because it had the best price point, so I would hope to stay here again with the low prices. The staff was very friendly too.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Janelle, We hope you fully enjoyed the amazing Garth Brooks concert. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a fun getaway. We’re thrilled to hear that our cleanliness, rates, location and friendly hotel team all added to your stay. Yes, we are in the process of renovating – so exciting! We can’t wait to welcome you back; we plan to wow you with all our improvements!
Janelle
"Well priced."
Pleasant but bad neighborhood... But price and cleanliness was good. Will stay again.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Benjamin, A clean place to stay for a great rate all within walking distance to many of Detroit’s favorite attractions; sounds like a great getaway to us! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we’re very happy you enjoyed it. Our neighborhood is on the rise, and watching her transform herself has been an inspiring opportunity. We can’t wait to welcome you back for an even more impressive stay next time.
Benjamin
"An Ok Place to stay."
The Staff was terrible slow and very unknowledgable. they couldnt find the reservation took forever to check in and check out. they were very unkind ladies.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
DawnMarie
"Sketchy. Dont waste your money."
The whole city of detroit was booked for the night and tgis was the only room we could fine. Now i know why. There was bulletproof glass, buzz in entry, bullet holes in the elevator door, and the room was the size of my closet, and was freezing! I can also see why the place is nonrefundable...because no way would we have slept there! We lost out on the $100 and drove an hour back home.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Great service... Horrid hotel"
The lady behind the glass working the check in was very pleasant and was nice. But the hotel itself was horrid. We checked in and then went to our room. Then checked out not even 20 minutes later. The hallways stunk like smoke. There were cigarette burn holes in the blanket for the bed. The heater had duct tape on it. There were cigarette ashes in the drawer of the nightstand and on the windowsill ( mind you the window didn't even open). I would have rather slept in my car than in that hotel.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, Thank you for your great compliment on our hotel team. We sincerely apologize that the rest of your stay didn’t live up to your expectations. You’ll be happy to hear that we are renovating, and the improvements so far have been exciting. We’ll take all your feedback into careful considerations as we continue to make our hotel better than ever. We hope to welcome you back when our transformation is complete; we know you’ll be blown away!
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"A bit rough"
Good place to pass out, but not very clean and the neighborhood is a bit rough. You get what you pay for (maybe). When I was checking in one woman was getting a refund because people were smoking pot by her room. When I was checking out a man was complaining that there was no hot water and that his phone was sticky. If you need a place to sleep it off, this will work, but you won't be impressing your date here.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Don't do it."
Got there early enough to call for a taxi to take us to our event. Before leaving freshened up in our room, toilet wouldn't flush. Upon return was told there was no hot water, trying to get it fixed before morning...still no hot water the next day. People smoking in the halls and rooms on all floors when it is a non-smoking facility. We will never stay there again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
TJ
"Not a good hotel"
I was not expecting anything nice based on the reviews, but this hotel was worst than expected. We were a bunch of college people staying the night for a concert and just laughed about how bad it is. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke when it says it is "smoke-free". There was no hot water. The toilet seat had stains on it. We ran out of toilet paper and they did not have an extra one in the room. I will not be staying there again. Next time I will just pay a little more for a better hotel. I am not one to care too much about where I crash for the night but this was just bad.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"would stay again"
Not the cleanest place i have stayed, but for the money and for the night it was worth it, a tip, call your own taxi if you use one, the place the hotel uses will overcharge.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re thrilled that our rates helped you enjoy your Detroit visit. Cleanliness is a top priority for us and we are taking your comments very seriously. Thank you for your feedback regarding the taxi service. It’s feedback from guests like you that help us to always improve. Sometimes we call a service instead of a taxi when the city is really busy. Cabs tend to take longer to pick up our guests than the reliable services we use. We want to offer our guests as much time as possible to enjoy Detroit. We hope to welcome you back again for an even better Detroit stay; we’ll be working hard towards a 5 star review on your return.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"no hot water"
The jacuzzi tub in our first room did not drain. They gave us a different room, but the woman was rude about it. The water was not hot. The location is great.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Guest, We’re really happy to hear that our location was great. We’re proud of our area (go Detroit!). We’re not at all pleased to hear you had problems with the Jacuzzi and the staff member who helped you. Please accept our apologies and don’t let that stop you from giving us another try. We’re making improvements every day.
2 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
"They are in the process of remodeling p a good not"
I was told by a hotel.com that this was a 4 star hotel as I could not see it on my iPad because of issues. Was far, far from a 4 star hotel. Very bad!
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Yolanda, We’re very sorry that we failed to impress you during your recent visit. We’ve been listening to our guests’ feedback, and you’ll be happy to hear that we’ve taken their comments into careful consideration while renovating! We’re very excited with the progress so far, and we can’t wait until the finished product is completed! We’d love to welcome you back again in the future; we’re confident we’ll wow you with our transformation.
3 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
Yolanda
"A Decent Stay for Decent Value"
My mother and I stayed here overnight just to get out of the house. My room was very clean (beds, linen and towels), but was quite cold when we arrived, as someone had turned the fan on. It took about 2 hours to get the room comfortably warm. The decor was slightly outdated, but there were no visible issues to complain about. Best of all, the hotel staff offered fast check-in/out with a smile.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Rochelle
"I will try after renovation"
I was given an upgrade. The hotel is under renovation the model displayed looks great and indeed must. Hotel is old and overpriced,towels dingy,the fridge smelled from being disconnected. I will try them after the renovation. Great that there were no bugs.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re sorry to hear that we failed to impress you during your recent stay. Cleanliness is a top priority, and as you saw – no bugs at all! We’ll take all your comments, including your thoughts on our rates, towels and the fridge, into careful consideration. We’re committed to making our hotel better than ever, and your feedback is invaluable to our meeting that goal. We’d love to welcome you back to see the progress we’re making daily on our renovations; we’re confident we can wow you!
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
Good for 1-2 nights. Near downtown, Cobo, Icehockey. Polite staff, clean room but need to be renovated. Seems that the hotel is/will be soon under reconstruction
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Horrible"
Horrible this place stinks it's in the worst part of the city and was very ghetto! I didn't even want to park my car there! Lol Way overpriced for what the room was. It was a $25 room that I paid $125 a night to stay in.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We’re sincerely sorry that your recent stay with us failed to impress. The safety of our guests is a top priority, and a member of our team is always available to help in any way they are able. For future reference, we offer gated parking so you can rest assured that your car is well taken care of. We’d love the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future; we’re confident we can win you over.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"Definately not a 3-Star stay"
First off,looked at my itinerary and saw the wrong room type was reserved, called Expedia and received no help other than to ask at the hotel.Upon entering the hotel, the staff were polite and set me up in the room I originally requested, that was the high point of my stay. First thing that literally hit me was the stench!! The halls and rooms smeeled like rotten food and a dead skunk tossed in. The view consisted of graffitti covered buildings. The mattress was broken down and impossible to sleep on. No channels on the TV were anything near clear, all fuzzy. For the price, there are no amenities, not even a coffee maker, didnt notice anyplace to get coffee. I think one of the vending machines worked, but at this point, I wasn't going to risk it.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Disappointing"
There was a hole in the ceiling in the room and mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. The room wreaked of Lysol very strongly upon entrance into the room. The room had a very outdated décor; curtains, furniture, TV, lighting. The power cord to the TV was ran out of the front of the stand, around the side and plugged into a wall outlet that had no cover on it. The carpet needed steam cleaning. I did have hot water and the water pressure of the shower was nice. Best feature of the hotel besides the price of the room. Definitely a you get what you pay for hotel.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello Shawn, We're very sorry you were unhappy with your recent stay. We are committed to making our hotel better than ever, and you comments are an invaluable part of our meeting that goal. Please rest assured that we will take all your thoughts into careful consideration as we progress through our renovations. We're glad the water pressure and water temperature were just what you like. We hope to welcome you back again in the future; we're confident we can wow you with our renovations.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Shawn
No coffee in the room or the lobby (apparently there used to be coffee in the lobby, but it was ripped out), room was freezing when I first walked in, no hangers in the closet (they brought three when I called…), found an old room key on top of the closet and a soda can rings on the floor… On the positive side, check in and out was a breeze, the staff was friendly, the location is local (though make sure you make your own cabbie connections, taxis are very hard to come by when called by the hotel). Overall, I would not go back under current conditions, despite the very reasonable rate. Then again, there major renovations planned, so it may be worth keeping an eye on.
Response by The Corktown Hotel
Hello, We're thrilled that our great hotel team made you feel welcomed. We fully agree; our location close to so many eateries and local attractions is great! We sincerely apologize that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival. Please rest assured; we're taking all your feedback into careful consideration. Yes, we are in the process of renovating. We're confident you'd be wowed with our progress so far. We hope to welcome you back in the future; we're confident we can win you over.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015