All hotels in Waterford, Ireland

Comfortable
    Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
"This is like a college dormitory."
These apartments are really set up for college students studying at the nearby university during the school year. There were no amenities in the apartment: no coffee press, no salt or pepper, no hand soap or dish soap, no wine opener. You must bring everything with you. For the price, we were able to get a 3 BR apartment, and each bedroom had its own bath, which is far more reasonable that staying in a hotel. But the location is not near downtown, so you must take a taxi for €12 each way. So consider what you can get for an extra €25 each night closer to downtown. In addition, we arrived at the apartment at 9 pm (after taking the ferry from Wales) to find the reception building closed. Fortunately, we were able to call the number for the security guard who arrived 30 minutes later and was able to give us keys to our apartment.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Allan
"Dirty, Stinky Dorm Rooms"
The pictures and description on Expedia are very misleading. These are definitely NOT apartments, but are college dorm rooms. The pictures show what looks to be a colorful, cushy apartment, but trust me, this is not what you will get! The plus is that we had a whole dorm suite to ourselves and the beds were comfortable. The negatives were the uncleanliness of one of the bathrooms (black mold behind the toilet and along the moldings), the awful stench in one of the bedrooms and the common area where the kitchenette is (it smelled like an old, smoky bar after hours!), the stains on the bottom of the mattress in one of the bedrooms (looks like someone threw up on the floor and it splattered up on the side of the mattress), the food still stuck to the utensils in the kitchen (obviously not washed) and the trash can in the kitchen was untouchable (gunk and grime all over it and it even had trash in it already!), you can't leave the bedroom doors open unless you prop a heavy suitcase up against it and if they shut, you have to use your key card to enter it again. The floors are linoleum/cement and I made the mistake of walking around barefoot. When I looked at the bottom of my feet, they were dirt black! If we had booked this for more than one night, we would have left and gone somewhere else, but we were already tired from touring and driving, so decided to just suck it up for one night. We left before the staff was even in the office the next morning!
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Nikki

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Exceptional value"
Top marks for value and location. Accommodation and facilities excellent.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Good value for what it is!
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
ciaran
"Nice apartments"
Nice apartments, clean,comfortable, no wi-fi throughout though!
4 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Derek
"Not good"
the bedroom door would not lock, there was glass in hallway from broken peephole on door.. It was very cheap but would never stay here again
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
"Pleasant surprise and stay however some problems"
Arrived to a friendly reception. Location was great, easy to find and staff were very helpful. Check-in delayed and confusing for non-English speaking visitors .. hotel reception had not received booking reservation information for 1 x foreign group and 1 X Irish group ahead of me. Similarly my reservation 24hrs+ details (pre-paid reservation) not available when I checked in. Queried WIFI and advised unavailabe. Just lucky I had my lap-top and was able to avail of hardwired internet network in room (reception supplied necessary RJ45 network cable. Room (Block 7 Room 12A) in general fine, however extensive wall/timber damage and dirt indicated room/s not properly cleaned/decorated. I replaced bulb enuite not working. Ensuite extractor not working, can only be operated from safety isolation switch in ceiling. Left permanently OFF as ON very noisy unless you wear high-heels! Requires immediate attention as non-compliant with safety codes! Towels were available, no soaps/shower lotion provided. Unfortunately woken middle of night by very loud and noisy group in outer corridor, easily heard which was a surprise through 2 sets of doors which would suggest main door is to low sound proofing specification for hotel? While staff more than friendly, hotel reservation system needs attention ... on check-out reception again queried (even though I forward-emailed to hotel as requested at check-in my online paid reservation details) had I paid when checking out?
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Aidan
advertisement said kitchen in the apartment and the apartment I stayed in the kitchen was locked. Again i'd like to reiterate... Terrible waste of money
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Not Great"
Would recommend Waterford highly, just choose another place to stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Tony
"Disappointing stay"
Oven didn't work so it was impossible to cook dinner on first evening. It was impossible to change the channel on the tv with either the controls or the monitor. Needed to stand on furniture to open and close blind in bedroom A as there was no cord, similar problem in living area. Extremely noisy and no notices to ask other residents to be respectful when returning late at night - walls are paper thin. On the Saturday night of our stay there seemed to be a party in the block opposite and it went on very late into the night - there was no staff to deal with this. Have stayed at this apartment several times in recent years and this was the worst stay, apartments are starting to look scruffy and in need of some TLC.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

En general bien, el personal amable y correcto. Alquilamos un apartamento de dos habitaciones, amplias y cómodas. Falló la limpieza, con restos de grasa y suciedad en los utensilios de cocina y baños.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Pepa
ES
certes bien équipés pour des appartements d'étudiants mais un peu triste pour une escale familiale d'une nuit. Surement très fonctionnel pour un séjour plus long en famille...
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for River Walk Apartments

"RIP OFF,Cold Dark"
01/18/16 Gary O
Very cold, 61 euro a week rent for a student is mental money! The windows mayaswel not exist. i was staying road side and i could hear people walking by across the road and what they were saying,there was an ALMIGHTY breeze flowing through the place, the insulation was awful. Not included in the 61 euro a week rent is your electricity which cost me and a friend 30 euro a week. The only heating in the place are storage heater's which only heated your individual room so when you left your room anywhere else was freezing, you could watch the heating meter go down. The Floors are like something out of a hospital, hard lino type stuff no insulation ALWAYS damp, Mould just painted white over it. wouldn't advise anyone to stay here. Im staying here at the moment and i cant wait to leave
"Honest review - basic apartments, well located"
08/31/15 Deisesam
Loved the Spaciousness of the apartments. We had a 3 bedroom and each bedroom had its own bathroom. Adequate facilities to cook. Fine if your just looking for a base. Perfect for groups of youngsters getting ready to go out at night. On site security. Wifi in our block. No deposit taken as booked with booking.com. 2 supermarkets, a church & a chip shop within walking distance. Hairdressers & beauty salon privately run at entrance. ***Could maybe do with a vending machine in the reception Bit remote for guests returning back at night alone.
"Good place for family stay - get what you pay for - which (in our view) was good"
08/13/15 Colm D Dublin, Ireland
Our group of 2 adults & 4 children stayed here for a week, end July 2015. On the positive side, we found the bedrooms comfortable and very adequate. The showers were brilliant. All electric heating & huge cylinders provided excellent shower facilities in each room. (all ensuite). On the negative side, kitchen facilities were basic and not too clean. There were a lot of flies. Cooker had no grill pan, neither could one be provided. Fridge freezer was ok & functional. Microwave was reasonable, but likely to fall apart soon. Living area was small, inadequate with very poor seating. I like a firm bed, but these ones were too hard. However, looking at the big picture and in terms of value for money, these apartments are good & we would come back. They provide bed linen, and their clean towels in each room were a bonus. Throw in the good location, easy parking, good security, convenient bins outside and friendly reception staff, and we concluded - for our purposes - it is an ideal base for a week's holiday
"Well located budget hotel no wifi"
08/12/15 Volcano2013 Cork, Ireland
Basic budget accommodation ... student accomodation let for Summer. Well located and received by friendly staff. Surprised when reception advised no WIFI and just lucky I had my lap-top to connect (reception supplied RJ45 internet cable) to room internet point which was slow. Check-in system poor and confusing .. 2 foreign parties on front of me delayed as reception had not received online booking information and same for me even though 24hrs+ and pre-paid. Some safety and noise issues ...ensuite fan had no extractor ON/OFF facility other than using (unsafely) the safety isolation switch in the ceiling and noise ... woken middle of night by noise in corridor easily heard through 2 doors?? Cleanliness and decoration not adequate after year of student occupation prior to season letting.
"The worst place in town for a student. Avoid like a plague!"
02/24/15 Kebabson Waterford, Ireland
Absolutely terrible. The reasons are: 1) Awful insulation. Always cold as heck. 2) Broadband (about 512 kbps, very unreliable) 3) 7 quids for a washing cycle (the washing machine is tiny, I had a bigger one when renting an apartment for myself) 4) Mold
"Good Place for a Family"
08/23/14 Joe451 Middleton, Massachusetts, USA
The apartments are used for university students during the school year. They are clean and well equipped. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. It has a common area: full kitchen, table, couch, and TV (although it was an old tube style TV) and 2 separate bedrooms (1 with double bed and 1 with 2 twin beds). Each bedroom has its own bath room with shower stall. This is great set up for a family. We have 2 teenage sons. You need to check in and get your keys. The keys are required to enter the building and to enter your apartment. Once in you apartment the rooms (common area and bedrooms) have doors that are unlocked, but have a spring closer. This is very annoying, but you can borrow door stoppers at the registration desk to keep the doors open. The apartments are rather plain, bare white walls, but the furniture is comfortable. This is a convenient, economical place to stay with a family. There is free wired internet available in the rooms. You can borrow a cable from the registration area. There is wifi available in the reception area.
"Basic"
08/12/14 NotDoneRoamingIRL Dublin
Stayed several nights. Basic accommodation but very noisy. No security on site. Mobile patrol didnt hear the noise. Had to complain over domestic dispute in nearby apartments and in car park through the night. Rang security didnt have a clue about the apartments. Option was to call the guards. No follow up from management on site the following day. Followed up when we checked out. Very disappointed with explanation that security firm had 50 years experience.
"Perfect for what we needed - a safe base to stay within short taxi drive of town"
08/09/14 MichelleD77 Westmeath, Ireland
I was in Waterford for the night, with 2 friends. We just needed a base to stay for the night, that was close to the centre. Very comfortable beds, spacious, bright clean apartment and rooms. Great showers. Didn't use many of the utensils but kitchen seemed to be fairly well kitted out. Brilliant value for money. Very nice and accommodating staff. Would highly recommend and would stay again without hesitation.
"A dank, musty dump."
07/15/14 MrBrez123 County Wexford, Ireland
I am a student from W.I.T and last year was mu first year there, Riverwalk was my choice of accommodation as it was cheap and looked great on the website, but the website is the most misleading website I have ever came across. I was given an apartment in block 9 (other blocks were not available to me as I was only a first year) and it was a complete dump and not fit for living. It was disgustingly dirty and grimey, mould and damp EVERYWHERE. During the wintertime I had to wear a coat going to bed because it got that cold and the storage heaters were deemed useless. It is advertised that the TV license is included in the fee which it is not and was told I had to get the TV removed if I wasn't to pay the €160. As a college student, I had made many friends, but I was not allowed to bring my friends up to my apartment unless I signed them in at reception and was only allowed 1 guest per resident, making it seem like some sort of prison. The only good things about Riverwalk is that its in a good location between W.I.T and the city and the receptionists are very friendly. So if you are thinking of staying in Riverwalk and are offered an apartment in block 9, run for your life and your health! Because no way is it healthy to be living there...
"Stinky, Dirty Dorm Rooms - NOT Apartments!"
08/01/13 disneyclectr Belmont, Michigan
The pictures and description on the booking sites are very misleading. These are definitely NOT apartments, but are college dorm rooms. The pictures show what looks to be a colorful, cushy apartment, but trust me, this is not what you will get! What you will get is a dorm unit with all the charm of a hospital room. The plus is that we had a whole dorm suite to ourselves and the beds were comfortable. The negatives were the uncleanliness of one of the bathrooms (black mold behind the toilet and along the moldings), the awful stench in one of the bedrooms and the common area where the kitchenette is (it smelled like an old, musty, smokey bar after hours!), the stains on the bottom of the mattress in one of the bedrooms (looks like someone threw up on the floor and it splattered up on the side of the mattress), the food still stuck to the utensils in the kitchen (obviously not washed) and the trash can in the kitchen was untouchable (gunk and grime all over it and it even had trash in it already!), you can't leave the bedroom doors open unless you prop a heavy suitcase up against it and if they shut, you have to use your key card to enter it again. The floors are linoleum/cement and I made the mistake of walking around barefoot. When I looked at the bottom of my feet, they were dirt black! The doors slam shut on their own, so you are constantly hearing slamming doors from not only your own unit, but the other units around you. We had to walk back to the office to request a remote for the TV and the lady said they might not have a remote for the specific TV in our unit, but fished one out of a bucket and told me to try it. We were in luck, it worked. I do have to say that the front desk staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be, but if we had booked this for more than one night, we would have left and gone somewhere else. We were already tired from touring and driving, so decided to just suck it up for one night. I opted to wait until we hit our next destination to take a shower and we left before the staff was even in the office the next morning! Overall, I would not recommend this as an option.