All hotels in Yorktown, Virginia, United States of America
4531 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Yorktown, VA, 23692, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Horrible"
Hotel was not equiped with anything! The continental breakfest included plastic hard bagels and a choice of 3 cereals...! Had trouble connecting to the wifi, couldnt make any long distance or international calls... The room numbers are scattered on the floor instead of nailed on the door, multiple times I tried getting service from the front desk and no one was there to help me... I really did not enjoy this hotel one bit. I dont recommend it to anyone with even the lowest of standarts!
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
3 night trip Aug 31, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"No problems."
09/02/15 Margaret V Manassas, Virginia
We just needed a place to stay for a night, and this Comfort Inn worked just fine. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. It was very convenient, and if I was in the area, I would stay here again.
"Terrible not what I expect from a Comfort Inn!"
08/20/15 daffyduckbowler nc
This Comfort Inn advertises it is a non-smoking hotel. We came for a wedding and was on a very tight time frame. When we checked in the clerk was slightly friendly, no smile, but said we were on the 3rd floor with 2 rooms across from each other. We thought that would be great. The room was spacious but was not clean and the room and hall way reeked of smoke. We did not have time to change rooms due to the wedding. The room was not very clean and had stuff behind the chair in the corner. The bathroom was not clean. The electric outlets in the bath room did not work. I am glad I brought my own extension outlet. The bed was clean and we had Lysol to spray the room so we did not complain because we knew they would have us change rooms and did not have the time. The hotel was so dirty I would not even try to eat the breakfast! The next morning we left early and did not get back until late and then checked out on Wednesday morning. I let the clerk know of the problems when we checked out and was told the hotel was under new management and had not gotten to that floor. I was not upset with the road construction outside as that is not under control of the hotel. It would have been nice if the hotel had at least spelled their address correctly on their website. They left off the L on Memorial Drive. I would not recommend this hotel nor would I ever stay there again. I stay a lot at Comfort Inns and was very disappointed!
"Alright for overnight. "
08/01/15 Christopher M
Smaller facility that needs some improvement. Room had a mildew odor. I also noticed a cigarette burn on one of the curtains in a non smoking room. I brought both to the attention of the front desk. She was nice and documented it but I booked the last room so my options were limited. The ac definitely was dirty and probably needs cleaned or filters changed. The bed was comfortable and I slept good. The area around it is enduring road construction that makes acess a little difficult. Management needs to step it up a notch. This could be a great place with some attention.
"Nice hotel but unexpected problems"
07/13/15 Kathy G Chesapeake, Virginia
We were assured that our stay, with our pet, would cost $90.23, but were then told at check-in that a mistake had been made and that the cost would be an additional $10. The online charge for 1 pet per night was clearly $10. This hotel, though, had increased the price to $20, but hadn't yet changed the online price. A manager finally agreed to give us a $10 'discount'. When we arrived in our room with our dog, the dog proceeded to 'root' around for food, as dogs often do. She found assorted bits of edible stuff on the floor. There were also a few pennies, peanut shells etc. What was really disconcerting is that she was about to go for something in a corner which turned out to be a small unwrapped piece of gum and, of all things, a 300mm Lithium capsule. We stopped her in the nick of time. When we presented all this to the staff, and the harm this could have caused, they didn't seem all that concerned, and we were never offered a discount or anything. I didn't force the issue, but would have appreciated some sort of offer. They also said that they, a new management team, were inexperienced, as was the staff. They did offer us a new room, but we declined thinking, 'what would be the point'. We had already crawled around on our hands and knees in one room looking for and removing stuff, and weren't about to do that again in another. Having said all the above, the staff overall were very nice and otherwise accommodating. The hotel overall was clean and the grounds were in great shape. And after we got the price straightened out, we received pretty good value for our money, we thought. The price for our stay was very reasonable. We have stayed at Comfort Inns before, so this is why this one experience wouldn't get in the way our staying at a comfort Inn in the future. Incidentally, corporate headquarters later asked me to write a review of our stay. I sent them the above with additional info. I received back a short letter of apology ( a form letter I suspect). It ended with: 'we'll try to do better next time'. The letter was a disappointment.
"Wonderful host."
07/13/15 prtidewater Columbus, Ohio
This Comfort Inn, because of the staff, I rate it well. Friendly, accommodating, over and above with aiming to please. It's a Comfort Inn where one does not expect the amenities of a high end hotel. Okay, I get that. We experienced the customer service of a high end hotel at a this modestly priced hotel. A great attitude and bending over backwards to please goes a long way. When much of the service today comes with an I-hate-my-life disposition this was a refreshing reminder that there are some who know that customers are not an interruption of work but are the reasons we have work. Thanks for listening to my two cents.
"Wouldn't return"
07/11/15 summerlovin333 mass
We chose this as it was a central location to our planned activities and very affordable. The place is pretty sketchy. The room smelled so bad of smoke despite non smoking room description. The breakfast room was not inviting, with our feet sticking to the floor, ick. The pool was green and unusable during our three day stay, disappointing since we had kids with us and part of our planned trip.
"NOT VETERAN FRIENDLY!!! Smelled like an ashtray"
07/08/15 Hailey D Fredericksburg, Virginia
It was a horrible ordeal and due to it being a holiday and being told by the manager that we could not be issued a refund we were forced to stay. My service animal had gotten spooked due to fireworks and had fled on 4th of july so we had to get a room until the sheriffs department and animal control were able to locate her. As i was walking up a firework went off causing me to hit the ground (PTSD due to a deployment to Iraq) a man who was later identified as the manager openly mocked me pointing fingers and laughing with an associate. When we checked in we were told it was the last room (which was a LIE) as soon as we got to out room it smelled like someone had been chain smoking. Due to pulmonary issues i have i cant be around smoke and we called to see if anything else was available. we were told there was nothing else and they could "spray some febreeze" we asked if we could get a refund to go elsewhere and he told us NO that he would not issue a refund. My husband went downstairs to get something from the car where he overheard a couple checking in asking if any rooms were available and apparently they got the last room TOO! Utterly disgusting the manager is a joke and the next day it was made apparent by other guests that similar experiences had happened with them. I have contacted corporate as well as filed a complaint with the ADA.
"The took the knobs off the AC so that it could not be set higher."
07/06/15 Kelly S Aiken, South Carolina
It is June in Yorktown/Colonial Williamsburg area and there were no adjustment knobs on the A/C, this was not the case of one missing knob but all the knobs were missing. It is a room to sleep and a place to take a shower, the desk clerk was new but nice and he had little knowledge of the area. They were nice, but it just strikes me as cheap not to be able to control your own a/c.
"Do they own a vacuum?"
07/01/15 workin4theman North Carolina
Room 319. Apparently some of the rooms on the floor including this one used to be smoking rooms. On entry, room had a strange "chemical/cleanser over smoke" aroma. Bathroom had hair and fabric-thread on the tile floor -obvious it had not been swept. Overall, the room is in decent shape, linens were nice and clean, but mattress is getting a bit soft/worn. Late in the evening while closing the curtains, that's when I noticed the air conditioner. Totally caked with dust and dirt. I have no idea how it still worked as it looked as if it hadn't cleaned in years. Look for the photos. If I had noticed earlier, I'd have demanded a refund.
"Comfortable & Very Good and Convenient"
06/29/15 JewelsAiken_SC Aiken, South Carolina
We were greeted warmly by the attendant. The hotel smelled fresh and clean. Two good sized beds with fluffy pillows. TV had many options & remote worked. Convenient location near a CVS and within walking distance of Starbucks. Lots of road construction ac they are widening the roads. Room was clean and had mini fridge & microwave. Breakfast was a surprising variety: fruit, cereals, little muffins, danishes, juice..only caveat waffle maker would not work but staff was so kind attempting to get it going & apple juice dispenser gave out water. Still very nice plus good bacon and eggs. The two female staff and one male staff member were pleasant and attentive and worked hard to please. I would definitely return to this Comfort Inn. Reasonable price & clean plus convenient to restaurants nearby.