All hotels in Santiago, Chile
C/ Morande 510 - 7500000SantiagoRegion Metropolitana8340296Chile, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
good
1 night trip Mar 17, 2016
Chun Ru
"Great location, but needs work"
Excellent heart-of-the-city location, 2 min. walk to Plaza de Armas. Easy access to public transport, shops, restaurants, everything downtown has to offer (which is a LOT). But . . . the lobby is OK, the staff was very nice indeed, but the room was, well, just this side of shabby. Holes in the sheets, tears in the towels, chips in the tub, mold on the ceilings and walls of the bathrooms, beat up baseboards, cabinets, etc. A good cosmetic makeover would make a world of difference. The breakfast was barely OK, but the server couldn't muster up a smile if he had to. I had very reasonable late checkout, and a very reasonable pre-arranged cab to the airport through the hotel. I would stay here again as the price was right but they need to invest in cleaning it up. "Faded Glory" would be a good descriptive phrase for this once, obviously 4 star hotel.
Other trip Dec 25, 2015
Randy
"Very Satisfactory"
Front Desk employees were very helpful and professional. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Very central located, easy access to everywhere.
2 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Angie
"Unconfortable, no maintenance, outdated."
I paid $68.00, which supposedly was at least 30% off. However, the hotel rate was $60.00. The room was extremely small. The breakfast was awful. Hotel needs a lot of maintenance.
Other trip Nov 17, 2015
Carmen
"Nice walking distance, but don't stay in the room."
The hotel is nicely located between a couple of different party areas that are easy to walk to. We went bar hopping often. It's also very conveniently located nearby Plaza de Armas. We thought that would make it a bit classier, but it turns out where there were many nights that we were kept awake by statesman and their considerably younger escorts. So much so that we noted it to the front desk. All for getting it on, but not when it sounds as though she has her foot caught in a bear trap and it happens over and over throughout the night for multiple nights. Very easy to hear your neighbors. No rooms really had views- the windows would all open up to other rooms, very odd. Rooms were small, but we were expecting that. Thought it would be much classier from the photos, but our room had a mismatched blue dolphin shower curtain. We spent very little time there. Can't complain too much because we paid $53 on Expedia, but I wouldn't recommend.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Monster
A rally good option, near the closest emblematic buildings of downtown
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Hidden Gem"
Second time to stay at this hotel. Front desk staff is wonderful - answered every question and took care of every request. Although an older hotel, for the star rating it meets the bill at a very reasonable price. Peruvian restaurant next door is conveniently located and quite popular with locals - used it for takeout on several occasions.
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Old hotel with character, the location was great. The breakfast was not good. I tried it one day and the others days I went somewhere else.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Paula
"Good location, but it is an old hotel"
The location is great. In the center of Santiago, very close to several landmarks and with very easy access to the metro system. It is old and requires serious renovations in facilities like elevator, security boxes. The staff was very helpful and cordial.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Jose
"Mr. Shepard"
Thanks for an enjoyable stay. The hotel is in a convenient location and the hotel staff were wonderful.
14 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Shawn
"Overall great!"
Good value for the price, comfortable room, good room service, and excellent location. No creaky elevator. Restaurants near and a very quiet interior room. Friendly reception staff. Would return again!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Retired
"Not recomendable"
The hotel is so bad, the elevator needs to get closed manually and looks like a jale, there was a hole in the hotel room where the dirty water was leaving (maybe the pipeline was broken), it was old in bad conditions, the "breakfast" was juice in dirty glasses, old platic disehs, there was some fruit and people could choose to orden a sándwich with ham, which quality was pretty bad. I asked the guy in the front desk to call me a taxi, he said no, so I went outside to find a taxi by myself and ask the front desk to keep my luggage meanwhile. When I came back they were not polite to take out my luggage from the front desk I had to go behind the guy in there to take it ... who by the way was just checkig his cellphone. The location is close the the central park, there is a lot of informal business.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Acecara
I arrived late on a Saturday night, and was welcomed quickly. The room was warm, so opening the window allowed some fresh air, but also the noise of weekend revelers. Slept well after the noise died down. The best part was talking with the attendant at the desk about places to see in Chile. He was very pleasant, quite knowledgeable, and provided good tips.
"A Taste of Chile"
This is a hotel that is very old it gives you a tase of Chle however it has seen it's day. If you re looking for first class accomodations this is not your hotel. The hotel is clean and functional. The resturant is fine for a fast breakfast, but not fine dining. the location is in the center of town so it is convenient. Price is right remember you get what you pay for.
4 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
Paul Markowski
"Great location! Pleaseant hotel staff!"
Overall it was a great stay at this hotel. The location is super great. Close to market, subway station, buses and you can pretty much walk to everything. The hotel is a bit old. I think they need to repair it and it will be a hit for travelers. Although the hotel staff were always pleasant and helpful especially front desk guy named Christian. I would definitely come back again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
sana
"Nice céntric and great valué"
This hotel was very well located close to everything! Staff was great. Although no parking and the rooms no so pretty. But for the price is a great bargain!
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
josh
"Nice place for The money"
Very nice valué! For The money we spend was very well located and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. Only bad thing is parking. But I guess is like that all over Santiago.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Conveniently located with metro stations nearby."
The hotel is in close proximity to the metro. Santa Ana Station & Plaza de Armas metro stations are within an 8-10 minute walk. The hotel is old and can use some repairs. It has a small elevator with a gate that you close. It is in working condition as long as you close the gate all the way. The bar/rstaurant by the hotel was very loud and kept us up on our first night there. One thing I did not enjoy, was having to ring the doorbell when we came back to the hotel after midnight. The front door was locked with a padlock. It took 5 minutes for someone to come unlock and open the door. We were here for Lollapalooza Chile and arrived late. I guess they lock the doors after late hours.
4 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2014
Cesar M.
Had to call to get hot water. So had to take a cold shower. Thought I paid for breakfast, but I guess I didn't. Tried to check in early, was denied. Room was fair. Loud club underneath with karoaoke or band.
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2014
It was ok for the little time we spent there. Most time we were out doing things around Santiago and Valparaiso. We basically used it for shower and sleep.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Edgar
"Average"
Perfectly located, just 2 minutes walk from the Plaza de Armas. However, the wifi didn't work in my bedroom and I've had better breakfasts than they offer.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good place for reasonable price"
The hotel is simple but comfortable and clean. Stuff was very nice and friendly. I forgot the electrical adapter so they lend me one. The was no breakfast included. The room is noisy but this is because the hotel is located just 1 block from Plaza de Armas :) overall good stay and good location.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2015
Jimmy
"Dirty, horrible place - don't do it to yourself!"
I assumed the mix of good and bad reviews were the usual online moans. The bad reviews are true. while staff are pleasant the hotel is nothing like them. while I expected the shabby condition in hallways, etc for such a cheap room I was astounded by the fact the bed appeared not to have been cleaned recently, if ever. not just engrained stains but recent dirt too. there was no hot water. I left at the first opportunity I got and found a nicer hotel. Don't inflict this place on yourself.
3 night trip Dec 15, 2015
"old fashioned hotel"
Hotel Espana is well positioned for central Santiago, it is very convenient. The hotel is old fashioned and tariffs reflect the appearance of rooms and facilities.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
bill
GOOD LOCATION
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2015
MICHAEL
"website looks ok, hotel isn't"
The hotel is very outdated and in the decor is in a very poor state. It looks dirty from the outside. The shower was broken and there was no hot water.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
no name
"Satisfactory stay"
The hotel appears to have once been a landmark institute that has fallen in quality. For the price paid, I have received better quality accommodation elsewhere. However, the staff here were excellent and were happy to help out a tourist with questions and suggest places to see in a limited time. They get top marks!
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
JEEV
"Good value for money & satisfy"
Good hotel, friendly service, excellent location, good value for money, highly recommended. Thank you
23 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2015
Juan
"A clean comfortable central hotel"
We stayed at espana twice because it was good value. Air con was good, bed comfortable. Staff were helpful in changing rooms (street room on the weekend was too noisy) great location.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
gemma
"Arriving in Santiago"
Very friendly, helpful staff. Loved the round room which I stayed in.
2 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Rosemary
"Absolute death trap"
Throughout most of my stay few of the corridor and none of the stair lights worked. Stair rails were detached and stair coverings worn and frayed. Last day lift broken all day. These premises are an accident waiting to happen.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Booked a couple of more nights here"
Hotel Espana About myself: I've travelled frequently on business for many years in a variety of hotels (typically 3* through to 5*). This, however, is my first trip purely for leisure and I'm travelling solo. The hotel: I booked into Hotel Stefanano for a couple of nights after arriving from Buenos Aires while I decided what to do next. I booked a single room which was a decent size. Bed was comfy but the linen was too small for the size of the bed. TV and cable channels offered a decent selection. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower. Pressure was ok but on one of the days the water wasn't particularly hot (I had to wait quite a while for it to heat up). The room also had an air conditioner (which worked well) and a safe. It's in a fairly decent, central location and there was a very good Peruvian restaurant right next door (I ate there twice). The breakfast was ok, consisting of toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, fruit, coffee, tea, fruit juice and yoghurt. Would I recommend it: Even though one of the staff came into my room at 6:30 (unannounced and without knocking!) on the first morning, without explanation, I would still recommend it as I found it to be good value for value.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
MX
"Decent hotel in Santiago"
About myself: I've travelled frequently on business for many years in a variety of hotels (typically 3* through to 5*). This, however, is my first trip purely for leisure. The hotel: I booked into Hotel Stefanano for a couple of nights after arriving from Buenos Aires while I decided what to do next. I booked a single room which was a decent size. Bed was comfy but the linen was too small for the size of the bed. TV and cable channels offered a decent selection. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower. Pressure was ok but on one of the days the water wasn't particularly hot (I had to wait quite a while for it to heat up). The room also had an air conditioner (which worked well) and a safe. It's in a fairly decent, central location and there was a very good Peruvian restaurant right next door (I ate there twice). The breakfast was ok, consisting of toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, fruit, coffee, tea, fruit juice and yoghurt. Would I recommend it: Even though one of the staff came into my room at 6:30 (unannounced and without knocking!) on the first morning, without explanation, I would still recommend it as I found it to be good value for value.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
lastminutetraveller
MX
"Don't stay here. This place is a mess"
Dirty rooms, disgusting bathroom and an overall dreadful stay.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
dave
"great value"
Hotel a little faded but great location and service. Breakfast basic but cheap-toast, tea/coffee or toasted ham and cheese sandwich. English spoken. Great staff
2 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Fred
MX
A good hotel in a great location. Clean and comfortable. Enhlish spoken. Ususl facilities.Decor a little tired but great value on a special deal. Close to cathedral and major attractions and QUIET!
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2014
"Run down hotel in excellent location"
Entrance looks very good. Reception staff very helpful. One of those fantastic ancients lifts. Hotel run down. Room window not able to be closed, let alone locked. Chair propped against the window to close it. Safe not useable. Air conditioning remote missing. Floor dirty so that soles of feet became really dirty quickly. Great shower. Bed comfortable. Overhead light not working. Continental breakfast best avoided. But I would go there again because it's extremely cheap, staff were great, location is great.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Jennie
"24 hours service!"
I arrived in Santiago at 2 in the morning and everything was perfect. They already had my booking, my room was available and there was a person at the reception waiting for me. The location helps as well being the CENTER CENTER :D the hotel is liitle old, but you get fantastic deals on it online i got a 50% off which made it cheaper than any hostel!
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Arunima
IN

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

El Hotel estuvo muy bien el personal muy amable y la ubicacion es muy buena
4 night family trip Feb 18, 2016
Javier
AR
"qualidade do hotel"
Hotel mau conservado. Sem estrutura.
6 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
edilson
"Não recomendo"
A primeira noite foi horrivel. Não teve água quente e quando questionamos o atendente disse que não poderia fazer nada e não poderia chamar o gerente. O caso foi resolvido no outro dia.
5 night family trip Jan 4, 2016
marcia ap.
BR
"Excelente localização mas muito modesto"
Hotel com fácil acesso a tudo, transportes, pontos turísticos, câmbio, compras e supermercado virando a esquina O que o desqualifica é estar necessitando de reformas em geral. Todavia é uma hospedagem honesta pelos valores cobrados e o atendimento é muito bom.
6 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Magda
BR
Hotel antigo, sem luxo, elevador assustador, porém, funcionários educados e solícitos, instalações sempre limpas. Recomendo para quem quer um hotel só para dormir mesmo.
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
Joao
"ótimo custo benefício"
muito boa. único contra foi que ficamos em um quarto onde a noite ouvíamos um som de música altíssimo vindo do bar ao lado do hotel.
8 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
"Recomendo, Bom hotel."
Fiquei dois dias, cheguei após as meia noite, a porta principal estava fechada, mostrando a preocupação com a segurança, o Checkin foi rápido, os funcionários atenciosos, hotel antigo, próximo do mercado central e metro, porém falta apenas restaurante, pois o hotel não oferece este serviço. Recomendo.
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Davi
BR
"На троечку, но хорошее расположение."
Бюджетный отель, но расположен прям рядом с главной площадью. Две минуты хотьбы. Также рядом Санта Люсия. При отеле есть ресторан-ночной клуб, можно там позавтракать. Но не для брезгливых. Сэндвич, чай, остальное не рискнули. На завтраке только испанский. С торца здания есть ресторан, можно там пообедать, и наверно позавтракать если чего. Но не бюджетно и немного пошарпано, хотя вкусно. Обедали на центральном рынке сифудом - меньше 10 минут ходьбы. Рекомендую! На ресепшене английский без проблем. Такси от ресепшена 17000, что неплохо и безопасно. Метро и президентский дворец недалеко.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Dmitriy
RU
This hotel is quite run down and feels rather dodgy. For example there was a weird smell from the connected restaurant, and room was not fully clean. There are better places to similar price.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
SE
"Hotel péssimo."
Foi uma viagem de 5 dias em Santiago. A cidade é maravilhosa e vale a pena cada real gasto. Não gostamos do hotel pois nas fotos aparenta um hotel mais aconchegante. O hotel é antigo mas não tem reformas. Não tem café da manhã e os tem o mínimo de conforto possível. Chuveiros que não esquentam, dentro de banheiras muito altas que dificultam a entrada e saída. O chão range o tempo todo e o elevador para entre os andares causando pânico. O centro é um ótimo local para ficar mas a rua deste hotel não tem uma boa vizinhança.
5 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Glauber
"Bien para el precio..."
Con la pieza todo bien, el closet era entero de espejos, lo que me hizo dudar un momento sobre en que tipo de "hotel" estaba, pero no tuve ningún inconveniente, no había enchufe en los veladores, lo que es un poco raro, tuve que enchufar mi celular muy lejos de la cama. hay un mini refrigerador en la habitación, pero si quieres un simple té, no hay quien te lo sirva, lo bueno, justo al lado hay un restaurant peruano bastante rico, ideal para cenar.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
CL
"Ótima localização"
o quarto estava sujo, a banheiro vazava água e a decoração é bem antiquada. Por outro lado, oferecia bom Wi-Fi e diversos canais de TV.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015