All hotels in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Bar Hill, Cambridge, England, CB23 8EU, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No room at the Hotel!"
Despite booking this hotel well in advance, we were downloaded on arrival at 23.00 to another Hotel 15 miles away.The Hotel had overbooked! The purpose of our visit was to be very near to Cambridge town centre to enable an easy commute, next morning, to attend an entrance interview for Cambridge Uni. The Hotel were advised that we would arrive late in the evening. We were not contacted prior to arrival to suggest that there was any problem. Despite the manager saying that they had tried. We were told that it was common practice for people to not turn up and for this reason they regularly overbooked. The whole situation was a disgrace. As a consequence of being moved further away, the taxi, booked by Menzies Hotel, did not turn up until 11.15am instead of 10.30am. After much stress and great annoyance, we finally arrived at the University with 8 mins to spare prior to the interview at 12.10 I feel that this Hotel group has had an adverse effect on my son's attempt to gain entry to Cambridge. I hope they stop this sharp practice of overbooking. They are playing with peoples' future plans and in this instance prospects.
1 night family trip Dec 8, 2014
Mrs J
I have stayed at Menzies for about 12 weeks this year, and I find the staff extremely courteous and polite. Special mention should go to the breakfast team, and in particular Tina, the supervisor. She can't do enough to help, is always jovial and friendly, and the food has always been hot, and has never run out (unlike many other hotels).
3 night business trip Nov 25, 2014
Walter
"EASILY ACCESSIBLE BY ROAD"
CLEANLINESS GOOD STANDARD/BREAKFAST OF HIGH QUALITY
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Convenient for Cambridge"
Friendly and efficient.......................................
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Friendly and helpful staff"
I would like to thank your staff for their helpfulness and for being friendly, it makes all the difference.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
"Newspaper was received only on day of check-out."
Linked me to excellent taxi services. Internet service was good but timed out settings created slight invonveniences.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Not worth it's reviews"
Hotel is very basic, and very tired in design and feel. Food is below average, in my opinion. Yes I could've gone elsewhere, but for what the hotel charges and what it is, it's not convincing. Hot water in the room was there, but had some pressure issues. Reception confirmed that this is the case and that it would be fixed. Better not to rent out a room if that is know (profiteering <> Customer Satisfaction?)
4 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"Excellent hotel, super staff, great facilities."
Staff were second to none, room was lovely and facilities excellent.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Great day out in cambridge"
Had a great day out in Cambridge so much to do and see. The hotel was great its not in the town so would recommend park and ride.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Convenient for Cambridge"
Excellent hotel with exceptional staff. The only downside is the lack of internet facility: very poor in rooms. Restaurant staff are outstanding. Excellent food and service.
"Excellent evening meal"
Sunday night stay for a meeting in Cambridge the following morning. Hotel was not very busy and was upgraded - and having stayed once before, I know it was an upgrade. Very pleasant room, though with a slight muffled noise from the always busy A14. As with my previous stay, I was surprised and pleased by the quality of the restaurant meal; much better than the standard hotel fair and worthy of a good restaurant. Avoid driving into Cambridge at peak times by the direct route. Take the M11 down to junction 12!
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Laurence
"Good hotel close to Cambridge"
I found it convenient, comfortable and fairly reasonably priced. Good stay.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Very nice hotel - wonderful staff who are on hand to give great advice on where to go in or around Cambridge. If I were going to Cambridge again I would stay here, even though it's out from the city itself. It is a short taxi ride into the city (about 10 to 15 minutes) and the surrounding landscape provides a tranquil separation from the main town.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Ray
"Little jaded but very nice staff"
This hotel is a little tired and could do with a major update. The situation is convenient yet peacefully in the countryside. Good facilities and easy public transport links into Cambridge. The staff are welcoming and efficient. Represents good value for money if you want spa and golf facilities but yet be close to central Cambridge. Secure free parking and good quality free WiFi.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
AJH
"lovely hotel"
Me and my girlfriend travelled to Cambridge to see my family
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Ben
"Over rated."
We used the Menzies, Cambridge for my Son's Graduation Ceremony. There were four adults staying in two rooms. The hotel was far too hot, the rooms the same. It made our stay uncomfortable. The facilities were good, though I have to say I don't think the Hotel should be four star rated as the fixtures and fittings were rather worn and dated and the beds were very untidily made, though clean. All the Staff were lovely, the Manager on Duty when we arrived (14/10/14 at 2.p.m.) was excellent and so helpful. My husband and Son played Golf all afternoon and loved the course. We used the pool and steam room, the sauna was out of service which was disappointing. Had the rating been three star, we would have overlooked the issues mentioned. Thank You.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
Nigel
"Never again"
Wifi not functioning. This was extremely inconvenient over a 3 night stay..Hotel staff unhelpful and said it was a BT matter. Communicating door ill fitting and reverberated noisily when occupants entered or left, occupants conversations could be heard. Poor furniture,wardrobe and dressing table drawer space inadequate. Bathroom small, no shower cap, extractor fan not working. Only one easy chair. Car Park under water. Definitely not a 4 star hotel and should be avoided. Hotel should be informed of these inadequacies.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Dr Shillam
"Great time"
Brilliant week couldn't fault it, will definitely return.
7 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Happy bunny
"Nice bar and restaurant, Room needs updating"
One night stay on business trip to Cambridge. f f f
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Hotel pleasing, nice facilities, room ok"
The hotel itself was very nice staff very helpful,the room was disappointing could do with a good clean to get the cob webs off the corners of the ceiling,no air con room very stuffy and had to have window open to get some air, but unfortunately there was some sort of generator outside our window which kept me awake most of the night due to the noise coming from it, thus making us get up at 7am and head home so to get into our own bed for a good sleep.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good food, good service, but rooms not great."
The hotel inside is quite dated, as are the rooms, and the room itself wasn't great. Wifi was terrible - constantly dropping connection and the gym is very poor. However, the staff were great and the room service food was fantastic.Would I stay here again? Only if my first choice of hotels wasn't available, which is why I stayed here.
3 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"Impressed"
The hotel staff were very helpful and understanding towards my Two year old son. The rooms were very clean and homely. Definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Mahinda
"Expensive but not very pleasant!"
Small, dirty room, which is not acceptable for such an expensive hotel. The only good aspect was the pool, which was large and well-maintained.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"lovely hotel , staff helpful and happy"
Perfect hotel , bus stop 100m away to go into the centre of Cambridge £4.00 return .
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
ann
My room was extremely noisy. The noise came from a pump or some other electrical appliance outside my window and it continued all night. I couldnt sleep and asked to be moved to another room, which unfortunately turned out to be equally noisy. Otherwise the hotel was ok but I will never stay in this hotel again.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Excellent breakfast"
Staff were friendly and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is a little tired and the road noise is considerable. There were some issues with service at dinner.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"overall very good"
This is a great hotel, bed was extremely comfortable although pillows were very hard, breakfast was great however dinner was very expensive for what is was and the kitchen seemed to being having a nightmare so we ended up waiting over an hour between starters and main course. Overall though I would go back, just with my own pillows this time :-)
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
Angela
"Nice staff shame about the place"
OK GYM although a little dated pool and the sauna along with the steam was not working. Room smelt damp although this was explained by a flood they had week before. Shower curtain had mould on the bottom. Evening meal was a joke, went for fishcakes and was presented 2 small overcooked rissoles that came with a few leaves of salad -this was their special?. Granted they did take it back and replace with fish and chips that was nice. Comfy bed but the WIFI was terrible so couldn't do any work leaving me with loads of work the next day when I got home at night.. Breakfast was better and the staff in the morning was much more on the ball although at night the restraint manager was very helpful. Staff I guess in the whole helpful but my feeling was they had a few training needs not being serviced by management and overworked. Would not stay again unless it had a bit of a face lift .
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
dazis5
"Midweek break"
Good spot as easy access into Cambridge by local bus. Everything clean and tidy, room very warm but that was down to amazing summer weather. Sadly no air con. Good assortment at breakfast, although warm food not hot! Staff pleasant but at times not quite top notch. However would consider staying there again if I wanted another quick break in Cambridge.
2 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2014
Happytraveller
"very friendly comfortable hotel"
A good relaxing stay but quite noisy so close to the motorway
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Average hotel, good for overnight stay"
Good for transport links to city centre , room to hot no air con,
"An good hotel with good service"
This hotel was a little outside of Cambridge, however, the hotel soon put us on to a taxi service which was good value. We stayed in a mini suite style room which was roomy and excellent with a nice iron and trouser press set up which was perfect to get the clothes in order prior to attending a conference. The staff were all excellent and courteous and the premises had a great deck overlooking the golf course to sit and have a drink. Bed was large and comfortable. Breakfast each morning was good with eggs cooked to our desire. We needed to leave a suitcase here for a few days and again that turned out to be no problems. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Convenient business hotel"
I can't say much as I arrived late one evening, having eaten earlier. I would have used the gym but I arrived at bedtime so I can't comment on one of the facilities that I always use in hotels. I did like the tree-lined grounds and car parking area which helped the atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. I had an early start the next morning so didn't get the chance to sample breakfast. Checking out was simple and, again, carried out by a friendly and helpful member of staff.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Ian
"On site Golf Course"
Great golf course, hotel was ok. Staff were friendly enough
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Lovely warm swimming pool"
Well located hotel with ample car park so it was an easy 10 min drive into Cambridge, then we parked in one of the multi storey car parks. Rooms were compact but comfortable. We were a family of 4 and had interconnecting rooms. A little bit noisy outside the windows in the early morning but we were in the ground floor and next to the kitchen so that may have been the cause. Recommend visiting Cambridge, Ely and the go ape adventure centre near thetford, if you have school age kids.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
mum of 2
"Well located for Cambridge"
Stayed overnight and found the hotel well located for Cambridge. Room was quiet even with the window open on a hot summers night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
KM
"A very pleasant stay at this hotel."
Stayed overnight for an early appointment at addenbrookes hospital. Upon arrival found very pleasant staff. Had a very comfortable stay. The food was very good. The room was good. If i had to really be fussy i would say the bathrooms were in need of upgrade !! But overall had a lovely relaxing stay. Would definately stay again.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
sally
"Ok 4(ish) * hotel"
Large hotel primarily for business travellers and conferences. a bit worn for a four star. Unfortunate incident with miss-issued room key cards where we (twice!) had someone walk into our room, after which we learned to lock the door from the inside.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
It was great !!! But as I had business in cambridge town it was a little distance away
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
from pakistan
Stayed one night room was ok not a 4* hotel.bed was comfy but duvet was heavy bearing in mind it was July. The shower wasn't special and the bath was off putting as it had chips on it which looked liked dirt marks.swimming pool was fair so was sauna
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
Lovely hotel, great facilities. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Great breakfast. Good dinner. Nearby bus-stop for bus into Cambridge so no need to take own car into busy town centre. A very enjoyable stay. Recommended.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
David C
"Good standard room food just ordinary"
The family room was a good size and very clean. Beds very comfortable. Dined in the restaurant the food was ok but just very ordinary.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
bill
"OK la ..."
Didn't come for the golf course, but will come again because i didn't play it. (my Dad said) No air conditioning was the only small complaint.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Henry
"Reasonably priced, clean, friendly hotel"
Very convenient for parking and reasonably priced for the Camrbidge area. Would recommend for business use. Very comfortable room, I slept very well, which is unusual for me. Staff were helpful and the breakfast was varied with hot english breakfast, but also cereals, fruit, toast etc which was great. Will definitely use again!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Enjoyed our Stay"
Picked this hotel after arriving at another that we had booked and was not up to scratch, enjoyed our very quiet stay at this hotel in a king size bed which was really nice after travelling for over a month, would stay again.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
P& J
"Nice hotel with easy drive to city centre"
I stayed one night on business. I chose the hotel because of price and facilities. Cheaper than city centre hotels and much better facilities. The pool and jacuzzi were excellent but I didn't think much of the steam room.... Needs a face lift. I chose to eat in the lounge bar and the food was less than mediocre. I wish I had eaten in downstairs restaurant. Rice and over cooked peas wasn't particularly inspiring. The bedroom was excellent and the bed was extremely comfortable.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
sazzabysea
"Nice place to stay on weekend"
Other then the hotel is placed little bit far away from the city center, the service was good and staffs were really friendly. Although hotel is around 10 miles away from the Cambridge city center, reception staff will book a taxi for you- it will cost around 10-12 pounds per trip. Hotels within City center are mostly over priced, so Menzies would be best alternative if you can't find room at good rate during your stay at Cambridge.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Not impressed"
Staff needs to be more friendly
4 night trip May 26, 2014
adeel
"Smart hotel, great location and great service."
The hotel as said before in General was great, but the part of the hotel we stayed in had terrible wifi access and on our first night we were on the hotel entrance side which was noisy particularly if u had the window open for cool aiir, as it is near a very busy road, We were given another room on the other side on the ground floor, (We had a dog with us and the hotel were great regarding her). But wifi. Still a big problem, although noise levels were low, until a relative banging started up around 10 pm, which came from the swimming pool area. Despite letting the reception know of this, no one went to check it out. Staff were apologetic and gracious. We would be very happy to stay there again but only if the wifi was fully available in the room.
3 night trip May 26, 2014
Jane
Located close to Cambridge.Friendly staff.
1 night trip May 22, 2014