All hotels in Avila Beach, California, United States of America
550 Front St, Avila Beach, CA, 93424, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Very good"
Perfect accessible walking to resturants beach and shops
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Kathleen
We stayed here to break up our drive home from Disneyland to San Francisco. We arrived a little before 8pm, and front desk was warm and friendly, answered my questions, and gave us some freshly baked cookies that were very yummy. When we got to our suite, we wished we had gotten there earlier in the day so we could have enjoyed our room and the area longer. It was the size of one-bedroom apartment and really clean. The mini-fridge was bigger than in most hotels. It was a bit chilly, so we used the heater for a little bit. That night, my husband, my son, and I slept comfortably in the king-sized bed. The next morning, my husband went down to get us food. The free continental breakfast included make-your-own waffles, fruit (bananas, oranges, and apples), yogurt, pastries, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and an assortment of Tazo tea. Although it was cool out, we decided to bring our son out to the spa and pool, which we had to ourselves. There were a couple of small issues for me. The way the lights flickered for a couple seconds before turning on in the bathroom bothered my eyes. The tap water had a weird after taste to it, so I ended up rinsing with the water we brought instead. The property isn't that well lit at night, so as we drove up, my son called it a "spooky house." Those things aside, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back, even if just to hang out on the balcony, swim in the pool, and bring our son to the cute playground across the street.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"overpriced"
A better than average facility,but substantially overpriced!
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
timothy j
"A great time in the first week of November"
JUST GREAT!!! Everything was SO CLEAN, and with temperatures in the 70's, it was like summer time without the crowds or high hotel prices! They need to put a clock in the workout room and add one more treadmill machine as one is not sufficient. They also need to put a clock in the breakfast room... Underground parking is secure and excellent.. Far exceeded my expectations!!
3 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
Would definitely stay here again Clean, comfortable, quaint
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Great hotel in great location"
The whole experience was great. Room was clean and spacious; pool was lovely and the ocean view and access were excellent. Also, walking distance to nice restaurants. Will stay there again....
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Nice hotel on the beach at Avila. Easy access to pier, cross the street to the beach. Had a park view from which you could still see the beach. Comfortable beds. It was wonderful to star gaze while going for a pool swim at night.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Mom
"Great spot, nice room"
Have been stating here with my family x five years ..friendly staff clean accessible to the beach
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Tess
"A Great short getaway"
It's nice for a day or two, but not much to do in Avila. The beach ok ,the water nasty green seaweed and rocks. But we still had a good time.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Beach lover
We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation there! The only downside was the pull-out bed was not very comfortable! Other than that - GREAT!!
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great views in quaint Beach Town"
Avila Lighthouse Suites was a great spot on the beach in Avila. The room was big, clean and comfy and the pool area and grounds were very nice. The ocean front patio was lovely. The continental breakfast was a bonus as well. I will definitely go back.
3 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Beautiful suite hotel right on beach front"
Beautiful suite hotel right on beautiful Avila beach. Suites are roomy, modern with little extra amenities. Excellent bed, with roomy patio. Double sinks in the bathroom. Small utility sink in one of the suite rooms, with microwave and refrigerator. Great pool with plenty of seating.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Cherokee
"Always a pleasure."
This hotel is perfect for young families who just want to relax. The suite let us get some space from the kids since they have their own bed and tv in a different room. The entire property is clean and quiet for the exception of a few kids in the pool. The free continental breakfast always helps the wallet out before we hit the beach which is just across the street. The entire beach community is friendly and Friday nights the farmers market is fun with live music. I would recommend this hotel. The only caveat I have is that there is not a lot of nightlife in this community but with little ones in tow that was not an issue for us.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Phil
"What a Great Place!"
We came up for one night just to check out Avila Beach. We picked the Lighthouse suites due to the pictures of the room and reviews on several sites. We weren't disappointed. Probably one of the best rooms we've ever stayed at and we've been on 39 little trips in the past five years. The Inn is very charming, the staff was terrific, and the room was very roomy, clean, and tastefully decorated. The view from the oceanfront room was superb and we could relax on the balcony while looking at the ocean all day. The room comes with free wifi, two tv's, a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, ipod/ipad compatible alarm clock and a separate room with a sofa. There is also covered parking as well. Complimentary continental breakfast is also included. Pretty much what you find at the chain hotels, cereal, pastries, waffle maker, fruit, hard boiled eggs, choice of four fruit juices, yogurt and coffee. You can't complain about that. The only drawback I can see is the oceanfront rooms sit about a very busy part of the beach with people trying to find parking. It was busy for a Thursday in May so I can only imagine it during the height of summer on a weekend. However, by nightfall, it all calmed down and it were able to have a great night's sleep listening to the waves crashing on the comfy king size bed.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Nice rooms, great location. Perfect for an overnighter with your kids
Other trip May 11, 2014
joannethev
Great location! Very roomy although the pull-out bed itself was a bit small.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Great family/work getaway!"
Was great only wish we would have had more time. Will definitely be back!
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you, Baker family! We cannot wait to see you again!
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
Baker Family
"Best Place to stay in Avila Beach!"
To be honest I was a bit nervous after booking this hotel. I am a bit of a hotel snob but couldn't pass up the price for what looked like a great location. Well, to my surprise I was so impressed. We had a fabulous room/suite, it was perfect for my family of four. Separate room for parents is always a bonus! We had ocean and pool view from our room and the location to the beautiful quaint town of Avila Beach was absolutely the best. My two tween/teen girls loved it!!! We plan to be back real soon. Only downside is there is no room service but the continental breakfast included in the rate was one of the best I have experienced. Very nice!!!
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you, Mary, for the glowing review you have provided about our hotel! We are a very family-friendly property and we are pleased to hear that you and yours enjoyed your time here. Our location in Avila Beach offers the perfect combination of a quaint town with a variety of different restaurants and activities, all along our beautiful beach. As an all-suties property, we are able to provide a bedroom and living area within each suite, perfect for the vacationing family. Thank you again, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for another stay with us!
3 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"wonderful!"
We had a great time! The beach was just yards away and it was beautiful and secluded. Then we just crossed back over the street and rinsed off at their outdoor shower because hoping in the heated pool. Loved having two separate rooms so the kids could hang out and watch tv. My only suggestion would be to go to Pismo or SLO for dinner. The restaurants on the boardwalk were too fancy and expensive for a family of 8!
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you for the recent review of your stay with us at the Avila Lighthouse Suites. We are happy to have been a part of your family's vacation in the quaint town of Avila Beach, and love hearing that you enjoyed all we have to offer in town and on property. We hope to see you again very soon! Sincerely, Kyli Frauenheim Front Desk Manager
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
Stacy
"Wonderful place"
Altogether a great find. Excellent location within a quaint semi-undiscovered town. Great balance between stuff for kids (beach, pool, ping-pong, large-sized checkers, basketball court, playground) and parents (nearby wine tasting rooms, a few restaurants, golf). Short drive to Pismo, San Luis Obispo. Staff was exceptionally kind to go out of their way to help us resolve emergency issues we had (totally not their problem)...I travel a lot and rarely come across this kind of service.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from you recent stay. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about your visit, from our beautiful location to the exceptional staff interaction. We, as a team, at the Avila Lighthouse Suites strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and we are extremely pleased to hear that we did so with you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Take care, Kyli Frauenheim Front Desk Manager
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
The lighthouse is great. But did not save one penny from cost of trip using hotels. Com. Could have bookedt own room for the price I paid.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2014
Bill Weller
"About as good as it gets."
A clean, neat, comfortable hotel, across the street from the beach. Hard to find anything wrong with it. The surrounding neighborhood was surprisingly noisy at times, but besides that, it was about perfect.
2 night trip Mar 4, 2014
We cannot say enough great things about the Avila Lighthouse Suites. Our room was right on the ocean and we spent a LOT of time sitting on our balcony discussing how perfect this location was. The room was incredibly spacious and included a living room and bedroom. The bathroom was quite large. We loved having a microwave and small refrig in the room! We have decided that we will make a long weekend at this hotel an annual event. We will be talking about Avila Beach and the Avila Lighthouse for a LONG time! We will also be recommending it to everyone we know as a perfect couple or family get away!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Great hotel close to beach & restaurants"
We wanted to relax and this was the perfect place to do it. Hotel was just across the street from the beach. We watched the sunset on both nights, then were able to walk to nearby restaurants. We loved it!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Great Time!"
This hotel was wonderful! From the fabulous location, to the condition of the rooms. The staff were very friendly, and extremely helpful. Will stay there again!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2014
Stuart and Loretta
"Close to beach and golf"
Located on the beach walk and across from Avila beach golf course. Walk to beach shops, coffee and restaurants. Staff is cordial and accommodating. Fun and relaxing get away.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Nice hotel next to beach"
This is a wonderful hotel, right next to the beach, walking distance to restaurants, shopping for souvenirs. I took a morning stroll along the pier and saw a pod of dolphins swimming near the pier. The beach tends to get crowded fast in the afternoon, but the mornings are pretty empty.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
L.Y.
Enjoyed the entire Hotel--will go back again next year.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Loved our stay at Avila Lighthouse and would retur"
It was just what we were looking for in a hotel stay. Comfortable, quiet and great staff.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Sophia
"Best location in town"
What a find! Great town. close to everything. Hard to beat. We'll be back!
3 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Dave K
"Fantastic New Year's Experience"
Wonderful accommodations, good breakfasts, quiet, and super weather. Very relaxing.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Fantastic New Year's Experience"
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Excellent hotel. Friendly and helpful staff.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"Very Comfortable Place"
We booked this hotel for two nights but we liked it so much that we extended our stay one more night. Very clean, comfortable and well maintained facility. We really enjoyed our family vacation during this Christmas at Avila Lighthouse Suites.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Maya
"A wonderful surprise!!!"
My husband and I took a much needed vacation to relax and the Avila Suites and surrounding area were perfect! Had an ocean suite on the first floor and we had a wonderful patio facing the bay where we sipped the local wine we purchased and watched sea otters and sea lions after we golfed. Will be back in 2014 and maybe even bring our kids because the hotel seems to offer a lot for families as well. A truly great resort and gem of a little town.
3 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Mary Ann
"first try at remote work..."
We drove up Sunday, had a great time. The hotel is across the street from the beach, right on the boardwalk. Shops, restaurants, wineries all in walking distance. My only complaint was the very slow wifi internet. And the breakfast starts at 7 am which is a bit late for people who have to be at work at 7 am. It would be great spot for families-lots of activities children enjoy putting green, giant checkerboard. Beautiful maintained.
2 night trip Dec 15, 2013
virtual rn
"Great location right on beach, clean rooms!"
The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the location right on the beach was awesome! Breakfast was just ok, basically a continental breakfast. Would stay again!
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
janey
"Perfect beach location"
We had a lovely one night stay at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the location could not be better. We spent time on the lanai enjoying the view of the ocean and people watching. Easy walk to restaurants, the beach is right across the street, lots of activities at hotel for family fun (pool, ping pong, giant checkers, putting green). I'd definitely return.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Marilyn
"We were there for my daughter's wedding."
It was so nice! The only problem I found with my room was that it was noisy in the morning, too cose to the street. Next time I will get one behind the pool or on the second floor. I plan on coming back just to relax.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"relaxing place to stay for a couple of days"
It was a little crowded when the sun's out as the hotel was right next to the beach access, but that's expected of a hotel right next to the beach. The hotel had its own parking area, which is great since street parking is limited with the beach being crowded. Location is perfect, and within walking distance to restaurants. I would definitely return for more R&R!
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Lori, Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback about your stay with us! We are so happy that our parking garage was an advantage for you! Our cute little beach town is quite popular with locals and travelers alike, but we encourage you to return during our fall months, as the weather in Avila Beach is still beatuiful, but the town is a little quieter. Thank you again, and we sure hope to see you soon! Best, Kyli Frauenheim Front Desk Manager
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
Lori
"Love Avila!"
Very warm and friendly. The service was very good and timely.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you so much for your sweet comments about our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we sincerely hope to see you again soon! Warm Regards, Kyli Frauenheim Front Desk Manager
3 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
Patty
The sleeper sofa is the most uncomfortable sleeper we have ever slept on. We could feel the springs through the mattress. It's time to change the sofas for new ones.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you so much for taking time to give us some feedback about your stay! I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our sleeper sofas. I wish they could all have the same comfort level as our mattresses in the bedroom!! Thank you again for sharing this with us, and we sincerely hope you come to enjoy our property and beautiful Avila Beach again soon! Warm Regards, Kyli Frauenheim Front Desk Manager
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Coleman
"Gouging Tourist Trap"
Avila Beach is a small town with a tourism based economy. And business thrives during the summer months. Prices are high everywhere, from the candy shop to the bars and restaurants. But I was taken aback by the way this hotel gouged me! This is a fairly new place with nice amenities (but no in - room movies!), and caters to families. The cafeteria breakfast scene is a zoo (I don't care if it's "free"), and the pitter patter thunder from the room above ours was relentless. The swimming pool was similarly crowded, and appropriately chlorinated to a high level. I prefer the beach, thank you. We had an extra car, but were told that the underground parking space was limited and they allowed only one car per room. After negotiating a fee, I was given a second parking pass - guess what - plenty of parking downstairs! The place was half empty! (Half full?) They lied to me for money. Upon checkout I was shocked that the extra night we added was so expensive compared to the others. Too late to negotiate, as my wife checked in before me and had already paid for that night with her card. The young (and possibly under trained) staff was confused and slow in answering my questions about payment, and were unable to allow me to pay for all three nights with my card.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Steve, We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not ideal. As you said, the summer season is a busy time for Avila Beach, and our prime location and beautiful property attracts a great number of people to our property for their summertime vacations. We love seeing our guests utilizing the amenities we have to offer, and prefer to view a busy property as a sign of having fun. Our front desk staff was correct when they informed you that we provide one complimentary parking spot per suite, as our underground garage houses 54 spots, and our property hosts 54 suites. If we were sold out or close to it, as we typically are every night during the summer, our front desk staff accommodated you accordingly. We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful front desk staff, and apologize that your experience did not reach your standards. We greatly care about our guests’ time at our property, and sincerely thank you for the feedback on your stay. Please come stay again, perhaps in the off season, and see what beautiful Avila Beach and the Avila Lighthouse Suites has to offer in a calmer time of the year. Thanks again for your feedback.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
If you have kids that like the beach, this gem is for you! Conveniently located, and plenty to do with the kids within walking distance, will visit again!
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you so much for giving us feedback on your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Family-Friendly & Fun!"
Avila Lighthouse Suites is right on the beach, across from a park and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Great staff. Great location. Our family loves the pool and putting green too.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you, Capra family! We love reading your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time at our beachfront property, and we sincerely hope to see you again soon!
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Capra Family
"really nice!"
Spacious rooms with 2 separate rooms. King beds and sofa beds. Very nice are and clean hotel. recommend to all
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you so much for giving us feedback on your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to have you recommending us to others. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Excellent experience. We were able to check in 2 hours early and got a room with a partial ocean view. Highly recommended.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
"Lovely Hotel at the Coast"
Amazing experience, very well located. Enjoyed this hotel very much with my husband and 11 month baby. We will go back again for sure!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Helena
"Beautiful Surprise."
As I had booked on line with Expedia, we had no idea what to REALLY expect. We were entertaining friends from Colorado and it was so important that the hotel be really nice. AND IT WAS! Lovely suites with terraces off the bedrooms looking out onto beautiful sunsets at Avila Beach. The staff was very helpful, the pool area so nice AND children friendly, the breakfast spread in the morning very special. The beds were perfect, the baths perfect, also. We loved this hotel and will stay there again and again. Thank you Lighthouse Suites!
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
niecie
"Great get-away site"
Cleanliness was excellent, as good or better than any ocean front property ever visited. Perfect location for family outing.
Response by Avila Lighthouse Suites
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in maintaining a clean and family friendly property and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look foward to welcoming you back tot he Avila Lighthouse Suites again soon! Respectfully, Kim Hodge General Manager
1 night trip Jun 20, 2013