All hotels in Hyde Park, New York, United States of America
4142 Albany Post Rd, Hyde Park, NY, 12538, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"FDR and CIA"
Room and bed very comfortable. Hotel close to FDR home and library and the CIA. Nice stay.
1 night trip May 13, 2015
"Rundown but in good location"
Threshold to bathroom broken. No cover on overhead bathroom light. No elevator for second floor.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Comfortable but small rooms."
Room was small but clean. Staff was nice and accommodating.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Near FDR, CIA, and Val-Kill"
The hotel is on the same street as the FDR home and the Culinary Institute of America. So it is very close to some of the places we wanted to visit. We were put in a room on the second floor and were surprised there was no elevator. The staff was friendly and the place was clean even though the hotel was a little bit run down. Some examples would be in the bathroom: The metal threshold as you enter the bathroom where the transition from rug to bathroom tile was not secure and was a hazard. The overhead light in the bathroom had no cover. It appeared they put in an energy efficient bulb that would protrude too far so just left it.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"good basic hotel"
A nice pleasant little hotel. Beds were a little hard. quick check in. pleasant staff
Other trip May 9, 2015
Clara
"Close to FDR"
Visited FDR Libary.. which is just across the road.. No problems at all and this hotel is very close.
1 night trip May 3, 2015
"never again"
the room was so noisy we could not get to sleep. You could hear the people and tv in each room next to ours. You could hear the people talking in a normal voice. It was horrible. The morning desk man's English was so bad we could not understand him and he could not answer our questions.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff I apologize that you did not have a superior stay with us. If you ever have any difficulties with your stay please let our front desk know right away and we will solve the problem as quickly as possible. We do hope you stay with us again in the future as we would like the opportunity to provide you with the most enjoyable stay possible when you come and visit Hyde Park. Thank you for choosing to stay witb us and we hope you found the remainder of your stay and our complimentary hot breakfast enjoyable.
2 night business trip May 1, 2015
stanley
Great place to stay when visiting FDR's home and presidential library, and the Eveready Diner.
Response by Quality Inn
We, at the Quality Inn Hyde Park, are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location. We are conveniently located across the street from the Franklin Delano Roosvelt Home and Presidential Library as well as near Elanor Roosvelt's Home and Vanderbilt's Mansion. There are multiple restaurants within walking distance of our hotel, inlcuding the Eveready Diner which offers breakfast, lunch ,and dinner. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and to see you again for your next visit to the Hudson Valley!
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Alison
"Nice and Helpful front desk"
I picked this hotel primarily for its location. It was located on the major road, so it is close and convenient to the Hudson Valley historical places we wanted to visit. But the hotel is small and older. But the front desk girl was very nice and helpful. I didn't realize I had booked a room that only had a Double bed. There is no way my husband and I can sleep in a Double Bed room. She was nice enough to give us a room with 2 double beds, even though the room was just being maintained.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient. Our hotel has been in existence for over ten years, however, we undergo yearly updates to make sure that our hotel stays up to modern standards We will make sure this continues this year and in the future. I am glad we were able to accommodate your room change needs as we always want our guests to enjoy their stay with us and we will make those changes as needed and due to availability. We hope that you enjoyed your visit with us and the area. If you find yourself in the Hudson Valley again we hope to see you again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent visit.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Agnes
"Wonderful Hotel close to all wanted to see"
I will definitely look for Quality Inn Hotels and use Expedia to book as I know it saved me some $
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Missing info"
They did not tell me there is no charge to use the safe though there is a label saying a nominal charge would apply.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Nice location, small beds!"
Just as titled! Nice location to culinary institute and clean.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"delightful"
the location could not be beat. across the street from the fdr museum and a quick ride to cia and vanderbilt house.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
cmc
"FINE FOR THE PRICE"
Nothing fancy but at $80 a night for four people,nothing to complain about at all.
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel. We hope you enjoyed the area of Hyde Park and all of its attractions. Our staff works hard to make sure that all of our geusts have the most enjoyable stay possible. We are glad you found us cost effective. We hope you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast, WIFI,fitness center and business center. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
5 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice hotel close to CIA and FDR Museum"
In town for a graduation at the Culinary Institute of America, plus some sightseeing at FDR Museum and Home. Although not the fanciest hotel, they were very friendly and made me feel welcome. Would definitely stay there again if I return to Hyde Park, NY.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
very clean, very close to cia & FDR's house I would recommend to my friends.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
yu yu
"Clean and friendly staff"
Very helpful and friendly staff...clean rooms and facilities...everything you need for a restful evening
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Yoga Journey
"Nice hotel, close to the FDR Presidential Library"
Overall, I was quite pleased. It's perfect for an affordable hotel and great for budding researchers in the FDR Library.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Conor
"Hyde Park in February"
Very cold outside, very warm & quiet inside. Great breakfast.
Response by Quality Inn
We want all of our guests to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay with us. We are glad that even with this extremely cold weather, our rooms were warm and comfortable for you. As well as our breakfast, warm and filling for your start to the day. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
First entered the room and nothing was cleaned, but as soon as i went to the front desk the staff immediately placed me and my guest into another room. They were very nice
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
maria
"Stay away..."
Stayed here in February and they did not take care of the parking lots. Trying to get from my car to the lobby I almost fell 4 times. The icicles hanging from the roof were dangerously long and could have seriously injured someone walking under them at the wrong time. No elevator. We stayed on the second floor at the opposite side of the lobby. (I guess I could have risked my life and drove my car to that entrance but I wanted to live to see my next birthday). Got to the room and wanted ice...oh the ice vending machine...you guessed it...in the lobby Rooms and bed were okay. Next morning we were a little late to the continental breakfast (it was quite a walk). We arrived at 9:55am. ( ends at 10:00 am). As I was perusing the bagels, an employee took the tray right out in front of me. I said I was just about to grab one. The response floored me. She said, "Breakfast is over at 10:00 and it's 5 after now." Nice customer service. The "manager" behind the desk barely looked up from her phone and repeated what the employee said. There are no other decent hotels in Hyde Park and I suggest sacrificing the 10 min drive and stay in Poughkeepsie. This was definitely not a Quality experience
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Hotel review"
It was one of the horrific hotel experiences I ever had. Hotel building appeared to be old, dingy, and the whole building smelled like marijuana. It was very horrible experience.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
yu yu
"Clean but small hotel close to CIA."
Very small room, but efficient. Very small hotel lobby, but efficient.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Shannon
"Not the greatest place"
Needs some attention , spiders on the walls
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we apologize that you did not have a superior stay with us. Our staff works hard to make sure that our hotel is kept in as pristine condition as possible. Our housekeeping staff has been informed of your experiences, to make sure this does not happen in the future. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention as we want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stay. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Terri
"Convenient"
It's close to the culinary school, Roosevelt historical site and Rhinebeck with little shops and nice dining.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Kenia
"needed overnight stay"
Nice hotel
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel enjoyable for your visit to Hyde Park. We hope you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, WIFI, fitness center, and business center. We want all of our guests to feel at home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Stayed here while visiting family."
Hotel was convenient, inexpensive, comfortable, quiet and the breakfast served hot food as well. I would definitely return.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
KT
"Quiet Reprieve"
Needed a place to stay during the storm while heading to CIA for the semester. Staff was very friendly. Check in was smooth. Room was nice and acceptable as a two star hotel.
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate you choice in staying with us during your unexpected stay before the snow storm. Our staff works had to make sure that our guests have an easy checkin and checkout process and overall pleasant stay. Our complimentary hot breakfast, WIFI, Business Center, Fitness Center are all for our guests to enjoy. We are conveneiently located near multiple sites, such as the Culinary Insitute of America, 2 miles down the road. We hope that if you find yourself in need of a hotel in the area you choose us again. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay.
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2015
"Great hotel, fantastic location!"
My son was graduating from CIA on Friday. This hotel is only 1.8 miles down the road. I drove back and forth many times over the 3 day period and loved the location. Close to FDR home and library though my focus was on CIA on this trip. I read the reviews about the pillows and meant to bring mine, but the 3 down pillows on my bed may be a little small but were wonderful. Used the elyptical in the fitness room and had a great workout. The hot breakfast had many choices and the waffle maker was a plus! Also many healthy choices. Coffee and hot water for tea always available. Came back one night to hot chocolate, cookies, and even marshmallows. Water with lemon slices in lobby is a nice touch. Thank you for making this stay so enjoyable.
Response by Quality Inn
We, at the Quality Inn Hyde Park, are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the area. It is a convenient location when visiting the Culinary Institute of America. In addition, we have multiple restaurants close by and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Home and Library is across the street from our hotel. From the moment our guests arrive we want it to feel as if a home away from home. We are glad you found out hot chocolate, marshmallow, cookies, and lemon water enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Judy
"Great Stay when Visiting FDR's Hyde Park"
Affordable accommodations. Clean rooms and bath. Comfortable bed. FREE WIFI. Extensive complimentary breakfast.
Response by Quality Inn
On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. Our staff works hard to make sure each of our guests have an enjoyable stay every time they come visit us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities including our hot breakfast and WIFI. There are multiple attractions and restaurants within a five minute drive from our hotel. The Culinary Institute of America is a wonderful place to dine while students are learning right in front of you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"overnight"
I will be staying there again.
Response by Quality Inn
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will be staying with us again. We hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary amenities including WIFI and hot breakfast. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant the next time you are in town please let our staff know upon your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good place but need more caring from staff"
came to visit my family Hotel close to where they live Place was comfortable But a little overpriced They should put a well payed Personnel in charge Cause i mentioned to the front desk That the fruit was behind spoiled In the breakfast area, And I hade seen this same comment On this same site, and mentioned that I almost Didn't book this room because Of this, Her answer was, hoo ok I suppose I could throw it away, but never did anything. It's a shame because the place has a lot of potential But they have to keep a staff that cares
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate our guest feedback, as anything we can do to make our guests' stay more pleasant we want to know. I apologize that the fruit was not to your satisfaction during your time in our complimentary hot breakfast. We make sure to check our fruit daily and we will continue to do so in order to make sure no stray spoiled fruit gets into the breakfast area. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again soon so we have the opportunity to show you a superior stay at our hotel.
1 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
Giuseppe
"Finally a smoking room in a nice hotel"
Last minute get away. Outstanding service and comfortable room.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conveniently located in the middle of the Hudson Valley, near many local attractions. We hope you were able to enjoy all of our complimentary amenities including our business center, WIFI, fitness center, and hot breakfast. We hope you enjoyed your last minute getaway and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Hyde Park"
This hotel was central to all the places we wanted to visit in Hyde Park. Highly recommend it for people traveling to the area.
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate your time in providing feedback about your stay with us at the Quality Inn Hyde Park. We are fortunate to be located near many historical sites and attractions. Within walking distance is the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Home as well as multiple restaurants and convenience stores. I do hope you found our hotel enjoyable and all of our amenities to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Hotel was conveniently located and comfortable. The pillows were too small for the beds,but the front desk staff remedied that by getting us more. The coffee was excellent and the breakfast was very good also.
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate your time and your kind words written in your review. Our staff works steadily to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant stay. I apologize you did not find the standard pillow size satisfactory, however, I am glad that our staff assisted you efficiently. I do hope you enjoyed all the Hyde Park area has to offer, including the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Home and Library, as well as the Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Winter in Hyde Park"
Very nice neighborhood, quiet, a great restaurant/diner within walking distance.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the town of Hyde Park and all it has to offer. The Eveready Diner is a five minute walk from our hotel and a great place for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. Our hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast each morning as well and we do hope you found all of our amenities to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Nice people, hard beds."
The beds were extremely uncomfortable. The plumbing was poor. This might be the best hotel in Hyde Park from looking at the others around town. The toilet ran all night. It had to have the plunger used several times. We should have brought our blow up matress to use on top of the rock hard spring-less boards that were there. We both had back pain every morning.
Response by Quality Inn
On behalf of our entire staff, I apologize your stay with us was not fully satisfactory. I appreciate you taking the time in providing feedback as we continually want our hotel to be superior for all of our guests. We are in the process of implementing updates over the next year and we certainly will take your thoughts into consideration when doing so. We have not found any plumbing issues currently but will be vigilant to make sure that all of our rooms have a fully functioning plumbing system. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the area as Hyde Park has so much history and attractions to offer. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Quick Vacay Away"
Clean room. Decent choices for breakfast. Good location.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast each day with a variety of choices. These choices include eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, danish, and more. I do hope you were able to enjoy all of our complimentary amenities including our fitness center, business center, and property-wide WIFI. Thank you for choosing us for your visit to Hyde Park. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great area. Good Hotel."
This was a weekend get-a-way to see FDR, Vanderbilt and other sites with stops at any interesting antique shops. Quality Inn was very conveniently located near tourist attractions, restaurants and shops. Strong pints: friendly, efficient staff. Clean, quiet facility with very good breakfast. Needs attention: room heating/cooling unit did not have automatic shut-off so you heard it all night or were too hot or too cool. Shower was major mystery until we found that you had to 1) turn on water, 2) pull down on ring by faucet spout on tub, then 3) open shower handle. Overall, reasonably priced for area and reasonably comfortable.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us at the Quality Inn Hyde Park. We are to hear you enjoyed our area as there is so much to see. We apologize you had difficulty with the heating/cooling unit as we do put our system onto automatic and adjustable. I will make sure that all of our guest rooms have the automatic feature turned on. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. On behalf of our entire staff, I thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Tedd
"Very nice!"
The hotel was perfect for my stay in Hyde Park. Close to everything I wanted to see. The staff was friendly. The rooms were fine. It was quiet and in a very nice area. Near two very good restaurants. I will be staying here again in March/April.
Response by Quality Inn
We at the Quality Inn Hyde Park are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are conveniently located across the street from the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Home and Library and a five minute drive from Eleanor Roosevelt's Home as well as the Vanderbilt Mansion. We do hope you enjoyed visiting the local sites as they offer a great deal of history. We do offer a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning including waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, and more. For those who want a larger selection there is the Eveready Diner, a five minute walk from our location. Multiple restaurants in the area offer a vast selection for those who do not want to travel too far away from the Hyde Park area. We look forward to your visit in the spring. The area will be thriving with local events at various places including the Rhinebeck Fairgrounds and the Walkway Over the Hudson. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice place to stay."
The staff was friendly, the hotel very clean. We had a very pleasant stay. Would book it again.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. All of the staff at the Quality Inn Hyde Park work hard to make sure our guests have the most pleasant stay possible. We hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast, full use of the fitness center, business center, and property wide WIFI. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate hearing your feedback.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Nice comfortable stay"
The room was very comfortable and quiet, the guy at the front desk was very nice and got me checked in promptly. The only thing I could ask for is bigger pillows but besides that I will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Timothy
"Very convenient location in Hyde Park"
With a daughter attending the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park we have had several occasions to stay overnight. On our last stay we decided on the Quality Inn. The location - directly across from the FDR site and minutes from CIA can't be beat. The price is very reasonable especially since it includes breakfast, which although is nothing fancy is fine for what you're paying. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room and lobby were very clean. The only negative for us was the bedding - tiny pillows and thin bed coverings. We are staying there again soon but bringing our own pillows :-)
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last visit to the area. We are glad you found our hotel convenient to the Culinary Institute of America. Our breakfast is a complimentary hot breakfast and although has a myriad of items it is not as expansive a selection as the Culinary's delicious treats. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on your next visit. If you ask the front desk or specify when making your reservation we will gladly put more pillows in your room. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, feedback is greatly appreciated!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Madinz
"Hotel convenient to Culinary Institute of America"
A good standard hotel- clean & pleasant. Really outstanding service, probably due to staffing by local culinary students (just a guess). A few nice touches such as citrus water & cookies at the reception desk. The Wi-Fi was a bit weak, and breakfast was standard foodservice fare- but for the price I was very impressed.
Response by Quality Inn
We are pleased to hear you found our hotel clean, pleasant, and well staffed. Our staff works hard to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay at our establishment and to give a home away from home feel. The lemon water, iced tea, and cookies add to the regular hotel amenities including use of the business center, fitness center, and WIFI . I apologize that you had difficulty with our WIFI. In case of any difficulties there is a technical support number listed in each room that provides fast and efficient help to all of our guests. Our complimentary hot breakfast is served each day and we offer a variety of items to provide something for everyone. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Hudson Valley.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Kate
"Quite satisfactory"
Chose this because it is next to the Roosevelt home and museum. The hotel is not luxurious, of course, but quite satisfactory.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Modest hotel option/good location"
Hotel had no elevator yet the rooms that were quiet were all on second floor of hotel. Not a big deal for us but it should be made clear in the description. Also, we asked for a quiet room and were put in a room that was next to the staircase where everyone came up/down with luggage and late at night and early in the morning. I don't think the clerk made a good choice given our request. The access to FDR home and restaurants was good however so the location was very helpful.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Why do I bother with Hyde Park?"
the stairwell reeked of marijuana. Hotel staff could not be bothered...about anything. Requested to change room to non-smoking, they would not. Dirty, dirty room. Parking lot layout was moronic. Side door could not be used at night.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Beds were hard and decor a bit outdated. While not terrible, it wasn't the most comfortable room for the money. Toiletries were low quality. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast food was also base quality- I didn't bother.
Response by Quality Inn
On behalf of our entire staff I apologize that you did not have a superior stay with us. We are implementing updates to our interior over the next year as we have renovated our exterior within the past year. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast including sausage, eggs, waffles, yogurt, danish, and more. We apologize if you did not find anything to your liking. There is a diner within walking distance from our hotel for those that choose a more expansive breakfast. Thank you for letting us know about your stay as we continually want to improve our hotel based on our guest needs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Crgsmilz
"nice stay"
pleasant and convenient. we will stay there again. Great for parents of college students.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. Our hotel is convenient for those visiting the local colleges and we do try and be as economical as possible. We hope you enjoyed the hotel amenities including business center, fitness center, and complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
mARIA