All hotels in College Station, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here104 Texas Ave, College Station, TX, 77840, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Short trip"
We were only there to sleep.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Adam
"good for the money"
Good for the money
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Service was excellent for the price"
Great staff. And was quite. I personally recommend
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Edwin
"Frustrating"
The hotel staff had difficulty getting my room key to work, it took 2 trips carry my luggage up and down the downstairs before the staff unlocked my door. i still didn't get a usable key until the following night.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Clean and adequate"
The room was about what I would expect for this level hotel, maybe a little nicer. The room was clean, adequate and was in good condition. There was enough parking even with the facility being full. It is located right in the middle of College Station. Do be aware that at this moment there is a major construction project taking place next door. If you are getting up early then the construction activity will not be an issue.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
bappi

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge

"Old Style but Clean"
04/19/15 AlwaysPlanning-TRIP New York State
This Econo Lodge is located in a college town (Home of the Texas Aggies) that is also home to a Presidential Library. This motel is less than Presidential! The property needs an upgrade (this is not the 1990s!) and some money spent on decent bath towels! The lobby was clean; the employees friendly (despite the anxiety they were experiencing having a complete computer fail when we checked in), but the property is old-school. If you are looking for clean, functional and a good value for an overnight visit on your travels, this place will suit your purposes. Otherwise, move on to any of the great, modern hotels on University Ave in College Station, TX.
"Little things can make or break ya "
11/15/14 Codius66 Houston
Well, where do I begin? I'll start with the good... This property is literally walking distance to campus! A solid quarterback could literally throw a pass to someone from the parking lot to the northeast corner of campus. Tucked in behind a couple of budget hotels that you have heard of, this property is right next door to an Applebee's. Ok... That's the good. Stop reading now if you don't want the bad! This hotel is one step from the bottom of the barrel. It's not "hot-sheet hourly", but it's a $40 a night room on "most" nights. You see, this is aggieland, where football weekends, the population doubles, if not triples...and hotel room finding websites actually suggest rooms as far away as Navasota and Hempstead! The rate was over 3 times the normal rate, and you have to stay 2 nights to guarantee a room availability. 3 days before check in, authorization had already been made on my credit card. Calls to the property to confirm the room were usually put on hold, and then answered by someone out of breath. (You'll see why upon check in) Check in is fairly painless, since the card is already charged, they don't need to see it. They just ask for ID. The front desk is messy and in disarray with things piled up everywhere. The clerk looked like she was in street clothes and possibly a guest herself. The room was clean, and warm since the heat was on. The bathtub was unusually clean! No signs of mildew or bad caulking. The toilet however is a different story. The seat looked like something from a 70's beer joint that has seen better day, servicing thousands of butts over the years. (The lid could just simply be replaced!) the mirror was broken and the picture tube TV appears to be on its last legs like someone had placed a large magnet on the side of it. As a former hotel manager, I'm pretty critical of hotel quality, but this situation is just a lack of cash or time invested in this property. We asked for an extra hand towel at the front desk, and the "maid" brought us a rag that looked like it had been used to clean up a rust spot or crime scene. I asked for another and she said they didn't have a lot of clean towels, and that she only worked on the weekends. Yikes! Anyway... This is just another case of price gouging on game weekends in a college town. Nothing new...
"Almost clean."
11/11/14 Stephanie B
Ironically, the link to share my feedback does not work. I am ok with an old hotel, however, I found this one dirty, stained, and uncomfortable. It would have been nice to know that this was across the street from a very loud nightclub and that renovations were occurring. As a consistent visitor to the area, I will never stay at this location again. I have also shared my opinion with family and friends who visit. What a disappointment.
"Bed bugs"
10/20/14 Karl I
Would never stay here normally. But there was a big conference in town and couldn't find any other vacancies within 50 miles. Dingy run down motel, left and went home , about 2-3 days of being home I developed bite marks all over like mosquito bites. BED BUGS!!!!! GROSS. AVOID THIS HOTEL EVEN IT IS YOUR ONLY OPTION. I WOULD HAVE STATES 100 MILES OUT OF TOWN IF I HAVE HAD TO DO IT AGAIN
"One step above sleeping in my car - maybe"
10/14/14 SuperwonderPam Missouri City, Texas
Talk about over priced, out of date and over rated! Knights Inn in College Station was pitiful. They price gouge on game weekends. Room was ugly! Ceiling had several places where the old "popcorn" was loose and hanging down. The blankets were so old they had fuzz balls. The A/C short cycled all night long, coming on and off every 5 minutes. The message light on phone kept flashing (front desk solution after 4 calls was to unplug phone cuz they had no clue), there was no coffee pot as description said. The TV had 5 channels, no cable. The hall way to elevator is dark, but light only comes on at night. The Lobby was not nice, continental breakfast was lousy. Would rather stay in a dorm room or sleep in my car. Totally disgusted.
"Horrible overpriced stinky loud motel"
10/11/14 AnneE2013 San Antonio, Texas, United States
This is the worst hotel. The rooms have a horrible chemical odor that literally burns your nose. The bathroom fixtures were literally falling off. The bed was uncomfortable with flimsy pillows and rough blankets. The tv was an old Zenith with a fuzzy picture. The walls were so thin we could hear full conversations of the drunks passing by. The pool was full of leaves and debris and every single pool chair was broken. I would have rather camped or slept in my car. The management clearly doesn't care about the poor state of the place. He jacks up the price to astronomical rates when there's any event in town. My room was $200 a night with a 7 day cancellation requirement. This is highway robbery! DON'T STAY HERE!
"Covered in bed bug bites"
09/28/14 Charles H Houston, Texas
Upon arriving at the hotel, and watching what appeared to be a large Hispanic gang member walking out with a prostitute to his car, we parked and got our keys. The room was dirty, small, and the walls were so thin you could bend them by pushing them with your hand. We woke up and were both COVERED IN BED BUGS. It was an awful experience and I feel disgusted the owner doesn't do anything about the infestations in their establishment. If you are feeling like a cheapskate go here just don't have high expectations. We knew the place would be bad, but this was a whole new low. Their dumpster area had tons of old mattresses so we think that they knew about the problem but didn't address it.
"Only if a necessity"
09/23/14 Kermit G Arlington, Texas
Smelled like a can of raid was let loose in the room, stunk all night. Everything is old and dated. Towels are like rags, just overall a real cheap feeling about the property. Breakfast left a good bit to be desired as well. Would only stay there if other choices weren't available.
"One night stay"
09/22/14
Location to University good. Bathroom clean, new tile, new shower surround. Sheets were low quality, pillows deflated, old style TV (come on even motel 6 has HD TV's). The outdoor lighting shined in the window all night. For the price it wasn't worth $120.
"Very Disappointing"
09/16/14 arhoags Fort Worth, Texas
We have a son in the Corp of Cadets. We are new to Aggieland. We didn't realize how fast rooms fill up. We booked this room because there was a football game which didn't start until 8:00 PM. If you check the price of the room, say a Non-Football game Saturday, the room price came up as $88.85 for a King bed, 2 adults. We paid $197.78!!!! We were desperate to find a bed. The carpet floor felt nasty (glad I had my slippers) and the towels were small and thin. There was a fan in the bathroom which is sometimes overlooked. We didn't have time to eat the breakfast, which was included.