All hotels in College Station, Texas, United States of America
104 Texas Ave, College Station, TX, 77840, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

NOISY in early morning. room service start banging the door too early in the morning.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Zewei
"The room I paid for but didn't stay in"
After driving for over five hours I was looking forward to getting to my room and laying down. I knew that this hotel would not be anything great but it was so much worse than anything I could have imagined. The door stuck so badly I despaired of ever getting it to open. My mother hobbling along on her walker, me a woman with a bad back, and a door that Superman could not open. After it opened,I wished it hadn't as the smell of pet urine, mold, mildew, and some funky chemical smell that was intended to mask the aroma in the room but only added to the miasma overwhelmed us. There was a loveseat in the room that was so dirty I wouldn't touch it. My mother sat on the bed, touched the sheets, only to discover that they were grimy to the touch dirty. Additionally, the cheap mattresses had definitely seen better days. There were flies in the room and to top it off, they did not have the air conditioner on so the room was sweltering. Even though by this point we were both in a great deal of pain, we decided to drive another three hours and go on home. It was too late to cancel so Hotel.com and Econo Lodge got my money for nothing. I will never stay in another Econo Lodge and highly recommend if it is the only hotel/motel available in College Station on your visit to save yourself some misery and sleep in your car. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Sherri
There was no accessible sidewalk between the back and front. The refrigerator did not work.The breakfast horrible. Pancake maker did not work
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"A & M NSC"
Great price and location
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Joel
Friendly, helpful staff. The room smelled a little musty, but was clean overall. The air conditioning unit was EXTREMELY loud, but I always travel with earplugs, so it didn't deprive me of any sleep. Beds were good, shower was nice and hot. I did not partake of the included breakfast. My only real complaint was the lack of a coffee maker in the room.
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Margaret
"OK, but still $$"
1- night stay .... fine, nothing special
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Geoffrey, Thank you for your candid review. We welcome guests’ feedback as it help us determine the aspects we need to improve to offer better and more pleasant experience here at Econo Lodge. I hope you will accord us a chance to serve you better.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
geoffrey
"Not worth the money"
Older Hotel and it shows. Black mold in room and bathrooms they attempt to paint over. Great bathroom and shower water pressure. Door locked us out daily when we paid for 3 and key cards never worked. Outside walkways were dreary and uncomfortable. Many issues here but the night staff was great. Housekeeping is loud and towels dirty
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Matthew, We thank you for staying here at our hotel. On behalf of our staff and management team, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your detailed review particularly on the quality of clean in the guest room you occupied will be submitted to our management for evaluation. Our property may show its age however, we are working very closely to be able to provide our guests comfortable and relaxing time with us. I look forward to serve you again.
3 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
matthew
"Not like the pictures posted"
The condition of the beds were good but the sink area and bathroom were old and musty. Hotel was in need of major renovations.
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Meredith, I regret that you were not entirely pleased with the accommodation you received from our team. Your feedback will be submitted to our management and trust that this will be addressed accordingly. I hope we could have another chance to serve you better.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Meredith
"Attended college class and needed place to stay"
There was mold in bathroom. It could be cleaner
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Janice, Thank you for choosing to stay here at Econo Lodge. It is sad to hear that the issue with the quality of clean during your visit was not rectified by our team promptly. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and I assure you that we will do our best to make your next visit a better experience. Thank you for your business.
3 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
Janice
"Busy stay"
We were in college station for a college conference. We had 3.5 extremely busy days and returned to our room excused. The showers were great. A lot of hot water and better yet, great water pressure , not the typical gentle trickle. The room was clean and comfy. This is a great room for this price
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Lisa, Thank you for the very reassuring remarks that we have met your satisfaction during your visit at our hotel. We are pleased to have earned your approval on the quality of clean in our room. We hope to serve you again.
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
lisa
"average..."
overall the room was clean the bed was comfortable so the stay was fine for the price that I paid. The problem is there were only two bars of soap water was turned off at 1.. However it was immediately taken care of once I called the front office. It was turned on immediately when I called but there were nothing no shampoo is nothing like that no coffee pot nothing that makes a hotel room above the average it was just a very basic as far as the bed and sleeping it was fine. For breakfast the orange juice machine was out of order so there is no juice with the continental breakfast and the bread was not laid out it was just in a bag so every person in public situation is to stick their hand in the bag in order to get bread for toast that's rather unacceptable in my mind. I came in for a quick stay for a funeral so overall it was all I needed it was fine however there were no luxuries with this hotel it was strictly a place to lay your head.
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Dawn, Our guests’ feedback is taken very seriously. I assure you that your comment on the breakfast presentation will be escalated for evaluation. I apologize for the discomfort you felt, I assure you that we will work on necessary service improvement so we can serve you better. Thank you for your business, I hope to serve you again soon.
2 night trip May 22, 2015
Dawn
"Late night shakedown!"
I arrived after 11 hours on the road. I had paid an additional fee for double beds. When I got to the room it was a single. I contacted the young lady working the front desk. She informed me that the problem lied with the reservation site, who had only paid the hotel for a single, and that if I wanted a double; I would have to pay her $25.00. She offered absolutely no help, not even a contact number for the reservation site. I contacted Hotels.com,and by the time I had arrived back at the office; they were calling the hotel. Hotels.com refaxed the confirmation for a double bed and begrudgingly the desk clerk issued me a room with a double bed. Don't trust the hotel staff after this incident. I will never stay there again!!!!
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Richard, I sincerely apologize for the issue you experience about your booking. I assure you that this concern will be reported to management. We are oriented to provide nothing less than quality service and that is what we will work on improving to serve you better. I look forward to another opportunity to serve you again.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
richard
"Graduation"
2 wet dirty towels in bath plus a washcloth with something red all dried up on it!! Made me wonder how clean anything else was.... A single use shampoo packet but 3 bars of soap... Only 3 clean towels for a 4person room. Had to go to desk for extra shampoo and towels. For $150 a night I expect a little more!!
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Weekend trip"
Check in was fast, the staff nice, the location great, right next to a restaurant. There is construction going on nearby, but it wasn't noisy. The first room I was in had bed bugs, but it was graduation weekend, so I just requested a different room which appeared to be devoid of life and I made it through the night without being bitten. In the morning, I was greeted by a small roach on the alarm clock and there were a few larger smashed relatives in the hall. As the rooms really did appear very clean, I blame the neighboring construction and the torrential rains that occurred that weekend.
1 night business trip May 15, 2015
"customer service not very helpful"
Somehow Okay
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Overnight stay"
Overnight stay for a job interview. You get the comfort and amenities one would expect from this price point. I arrived late in the evening and was up early, so hotel served its purpose for sleeping.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Great room for a great price."
The rooms were very nice and clean. The room was bigger than I expected, which is a good thing. And it was close to everything.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Toyale
"Perfect for the price!"
Perfect no frills hotel. Comfortable bed, efficient A/C, friendly staff, and awesome shower pressure!
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"FACELIFT TIME"
It was just an overnight stay; to visit our daughter at school. My husband didn't even want to use the towels or eat the breakfast. This place needs a "facelift" to say the lease. The staff is really friendly, BUT the hotel is old. If you just needing a place to sleep as you stop through town, then fine, but this isn't your "comfort, eat breakfast, or even use the ironing board.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Review"
Older motel that has been recently renovated - so all finishes were new. Had one light not working in my room. Front desk staff very friendly. Not the best - but OK for my overnight stay to visit my daughter.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2015
"Not as advertised..."
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, but the hotel was not as advertised online at booking. I was very disappointed in the room. I will choose to not stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Short trip"
We were only there to sleep.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Adam
"good for the money"
Good for the money
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Service was excellent for the price"
Great staff. And was quite. I personally recommend
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Edwin
Very nice quiet hotel, would stay there again! It is right by the college and right next to Applebee's! There are so many things to do right around the hotel area, within a few miles.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
nicole
"Frustrating"
The hotel staff had difficulty getting my room key to work, it took 2 trips carry my luggage up and down the downstairs before the staff unlocked my door. i still didn't get a usable key until the following night.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Clean and adequate"
The room was about what I would expect for this level hotel, maybe a little nicer. The room was clean, adequate and was in good condition. There was enough parking even with the facility being full. It is located right in the middle of College Station. Do be aware that at this moment there is a major construction project taking place next door. If you are getting up early then the construction activity will not be an issue.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015

"깨끗하고 편안"
생각보다 깨끗하고 아늑했습니다. 카펫트나 욕실의 상태도 깨끗하고 세면대와 욕실이 분리 돼 있어 같이 같던 동료와도 지내기에 불편함이 없었습니다. 다만 방안에서 뜨거운 물을 구할 수 없어 차를 마실 수 없었고 아침 식사가 조금 부실했습니다. 하지만 저렴한 가격에 편안히 지내다 왔습니다.
5 night business trip May 13, 2015
Sin Ae
KR
3 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
Maxime
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive feedback. I am pleased that we have met your approval on the services we have provided you. Thank you for the opportunity to have your business, we hope to see you again.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Mechanical
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Hello Shari, We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience following your visit at our hotel. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again. Thank you for your business.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Shari
Response by Econo Lodge College Station
Dear Guest, We thank you for your time in completing the survey for our hotel. I regret that you were not entirely pleased with the services you received from our team. Trust that we will do our best to make your next visit a more pleasant experience. Please do call our front desk if you need assistance.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
bappi

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge

"Cheap, Clean & Comfortable"
06/12/15 Bruno K
I spent two nights there and it was a great experience. The building looks old, but it is clean and comfortable. The rooms was big, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The air-conditioning was working fine, the bathrooms is tiny but you can do your stuff in there without further problems. The breakfast is worthy and you do not need to go to Starbucks for any extra breakfast, The only thing for non-americans, is that their coffee is way too weak. They also have a laundry-room fully equipped if you decide to stay a little longer. Their pool looks nice and clean, what is a bonus because summer is hot as hell in college station. It is located near to Texas A&M campus, there is a convenience store nearby and it is not too far from Starbucks, Walmart and etc.
"Take time to read!"
05/11/15 bs584 Houston, Texas
First off, I had some trouble contacting the manager, who unfortunately, doesn't speak english well. I decided to just wait until I arrived at the motel to talk to him in person, when I arrived, he wasn't even on duty! Although there was a sign that specifically stated "MANAGER ON DUTY" he wasn't even on the property. The first night I stayed (I stayed two nights) it was fine. The lady at the front dest was nice and understood things well. So the first night was fine. The overall cleanliness was alright, bed sheets were really thin, bathroom was clean. Clean. The second night was alright but the customer service was horrible! We left for breakfast the second day and came back with a sign on our door stating we needed to CALL the front desk. Well, don't even bother because they won't answer. So we just walked to the front desk. Our key wasn't working so they gave us a new one we walked all the way up to our room on the third floor, didn't work. Walked back down, told him, gave us another, walked back up, didn't work again! We went back down to figure out what was going on. The person on duty had no idea how to fix the problem!!! AGAIN, the manager WAS NOT on duty, although a sign stated otherwise. So he ended up given us, A CUSTOMER the MASTER KEY! How ridiculous, we took it and went to our room. Just imagine if he would have given that key to someone crazy. I had the option to open all the doors in the facility, that was not an appropriate decision on the staffs part. Lesson learned. You definitely get what you paid for but STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! Having to deal with the incompetence on the staff the second night was horrible. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.
"quick stay"
05/10/15 VDLMB Mineral Wells, Texas
We stayed one night and it was fine. There is nothing spectacular or amazing about this hotel, You will get what you pay for. It was clean enough and staff was friendly enough. The computer system for checking guests in was "down". The front staff did the best she could. There was a bit of a delay in checking in. The hotel is very outdated but a cheap price.
"Old Style but Clean"
04/19/15 AlwaysPlanning-TRIP New York State
This Econo Lodge is located in a college town (Home of the Texas Aggies) that is also home to a Presidential Library. This motel is less than Presidential! The property needs an upgrade (this is not the 1990s!) and some money spent on decent bath towels! The lobby was clean; the employees friendly (despite the anxiety they were experiencing having a complete computer fail when we checked in), but the property is old-school. If you are looking for clean, functional and a good value for an overnight visit on your travels, this place will suit your purposes. Otherwise, move on to any of the great, modern hotels on University Ave in College Station, TX.
"Little things can make or break ya "
11/15/14 Codius66 Houston
Well, where do I begin? I'll start with the good... This property is literally walking distance to campus! A solid quarterback could literally throw a pass to someone from the parking lot to the northeast corner of campus. Tucked in behind a couple of budget hotels that you have heard of, this property is right next door to an Applebee's. Ok... That's the good. Stop reading now if you don't want the bad! This hotel is one step from the bottom of the barrel. It's not "hot-sheet hourly", but it's a $40 a night room on "most" nights. You see, this is aggieland, where football weekends, the population doubles, if not triples...and hotel room finding websites actually suggest rooms as far away as Navasota and Hempstead! The rate was over 3 times the normal rate, and you have to stay 2 nights to guarantee a room availability. 3 days before check in, authorization had already been made on my credit card. Calls to the property to confirm the room were usually put on hold, and then answered by someone out of breath. (You'll see why upon check in) Check in is fairly painless, since the card is already charged, they don't need to see it. They just ask for ID. The front desk is messy and in disarray with things piled up everywhere. The clerk looked like she was in street clothes and possibly a guest herself. The room was clean, and warm since the heat was on. The bathtub was unusually clean! No signs of mildew or bad caulking. The toilet however is a different story. The seat looked like something from a 70's beer joint that has seen better day, servicing thousands of butts over the years. (The lid could just simply be replaced!) the mirror was broken and the picture tube TV appears to be on its last legs like someone had placed a large magnet on the side of it. As a former hotel manager, I'm pretty critical of hotel quality, but this situation is just a lack of cash or time invested in this property. We asked for an extra hand towel at the front desk, and the "maid" brought us a rag that looked like it had been used to clean up a rust spot or crime scene. I asked for another and she said they didn't have a lot of clean towels, and that she only worked on the weekends. Yikes! Anyway... This is just another case of price gouging on game weekends in a college town. Nothing new...
"Almost clean."
11/11/14 Stephanie B
Ironically, the link to share my feedback does not work. I am ok with an old hotel, however, I found this one dirty, stained, and uncomfortable. It would have been nice to know that this was across the street from a very loud nightclub and that renovations were occurring. As a consistent visitor to the area, I will never stay at this location again. I have also shared my opinion with family and friends who visit. What a disappointment.
"Bed bugs"
10/20/14 Karl I
Would never stay here normally. But there was a big conference in town and couldn't find any other vacancies within 50 miles. Dingy run down motel, left and went home , about 2-3 days of being home I developed bite marks all over like mosquito bites. BED BUGS!!!!! GROSS. AVOID THIS HOTEL EVEN IT IS YOUR ONLY OPTION. I WOULD HAVE STATES 100 MILES OUT OF TOWN IF I HAVE HAD TO DO IT AGAIN
"One step above sleeping in my car - maybe"
10/14/14 SuperwonderPam Missouri City, Texas
Talk about over priced, out of date and over rated! Knights Inn in College Station was pitiful. They price gouge on game weekends. Room was ugly! Ceiling had several places where the old "popcorn" was loose and hanging down. The blankets were so old they had fuzz balls. The A/C short cycled all night long, coming on and off every 5 minutes. The message light on phone kept flashing (front desk solution after 4 calls was to unplug phone cuz they had no clue), there was no coffee pot as description said. The TV had 5 channels, no cable. The hall way to elevator is dark, but light only comes on at night. The Lobby was not nice, continental breakfast was lousy. Would rather stay in a dorm room or sleep in my car. Totally disgusted.
"Horrible overpriced stinky loud motel"
10/11/14 AnneE2013 San Antonio, Texas, United States
This is the worst hotel. The rooms have a horrible chemical odor that literally burns your nose. The bathroom fixtures were literally falling off. The bed was uncomfortable with flimsy pillows and rough blankets. The tv was an old Zenith with a fuzzy picture. The walls were so thin we could hear full conversations of the drunks passing by. The pool was full of leaves and debris and every single pool chair was broken. I would have rather camped or slept in my car. The management clearly doesn't care about the poor state of the place. He jacks up the price to astronomical rates when there's any event in town. My room was $200 a night with a 7 day cancellation requirement. This is highway robbery! DON'T STAY HERE!
"Covered in bed bug bites"
09/28/14 Charles H Houston, Texas
Upon arriving at the hotel, and watching what appeared to be a large Hispanic gang member walking out with a prostitute to his car, we parked and got our keys. The room was dirty, small, and the walls were so thin you could bend them by pushing them with your hand. We woke up and were both COVERED IN BED BUGS. It was an awful experience and I feel disgusted the owner doesn't do anything about the infestations in their establishment. If you are feeling like a cheapskate go here just don't have high expectations. We knew the place would be bad, but this was a whole new low. Their dumpster area had tons of old mattresses so we think that they knew about the problem but didn't address it.