All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
3618 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice hotel across from beach"
Have stayed here mutiple times. Only complaint is their ac. Always noisy. But otherwise great stay!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Not bad for 75 bucks"
I look for funky little beach hotels which are privately owned. This one has a good price and a balcony for every room except one on the first floor. Built in 1965, it had only 3 stories until the mid 90s. The beach is right there and most rooms have a view of the pool. A seafood joint is a hundred feet to the north. You can get a fridge for 15 bucks. But my only thought there is that they should just put a fridge in the rooms.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2015
"Good view from balcony, that's about all I can say"
The nicest thing was the location of our balcony. It was a perfect view. The room was small, but ok. NO coffee pot, fridge, or microwave! The towels were low quality, the beds were comfy but the room needed a good cleaning, under TV stand, beds and defineatly windows and the balcony door. There were cigarette butts on the patio, which had not been cleaned in a long time. Gull poop everywhere. The wall are too thin. The people next to us made loud noise all night. It was ok for two nights but I wouldn't stay there again!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
R
"Nice view. Enjoy my stay and the staff were nice."
The staff was nice and the view were great. Family friendly environment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great choice for a lower priced hotel"
The Commodore on the Beach is a modestly priced, older hotel (I suspect 1960s vintage), so you can't expect a posh, luxury hotel experience. But with that in mind, it's top notch in quality. The rooms are clean, the bathroom is fresh and spotless, and the swimming pool is crystal clear. It's a superb location on Seawall Blvd and the beach in Galveston. I found hotel staff to be friendly and responsive. Our toliet did have a flushing problem upon our arrival. A maintenance guy responded promptly and fixed it -with no further problems. I think there are a few cosmetic things that could be touched up. Guests enter their rooms in private entrances on the backside of the hotel. In this area, they have draped the railing and fence that lines the walkways with a plastic mesh screen that is a little gnarly looking. I'd replace that and maybe paint the walkways and overhand ceiling to freshen up the appearance. But I consider that to be minor stuff. If you're looking for a hotel that doesn't break the bank so you have money left for other Galveston attractions, this hotel is a top choice.
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Gordon
"The hotel was perfect and the view was spectacular"
The elevator broke down for a day but they offered to move us to a lower level. It is an older hotel but it was perfect!
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Galveston"
I would not stay at this hotel again. Location was a plus for this hotel. You can walk to Pleasure Pier and have some nice bar and grills. You have a beautiful view of the ocean. However, we had problems with the toilet. Blow dryer didn't work. I am a light sleeper, it is noisy! You hear people outside and all the traffic noise. The lock is at the top of the door. We were woke up at 4:45 am to the fire alarm one morning. Someone had issues and the police were present. I will spend a little extra money and stay at a better hotel.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Sufficient"
We stayed the night on the way home from New Orleans. The hotel is a step up from sleazy. I guess it's because there were families staying there. It's just old and run down, but in a good location. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was prepackaged muffins and cereal bowls. I wouldn't stay here again, but the price was relatively low for the location.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Awesome squishy pillows and power outlets galore"
The hotel is a little worn and run down. It shows its age. BUT they keep the rooms clean. And each room has a marvelous view. My room had some of the most comfortable, squishy pillows I have ever encountered in a hotel. Not the stiff rocks you find in most hotels. Also it had a kick butt heater / air conditioner that worked quickly. As a bonus, there was an abundance of power outlets in the room, including a neato outlet box on the night stand. This was important for me as I was traveling on business, and had lots of gadgets to charge overnight. Wifi worked fine. The elevator was suuuuper slow. If I didn't have a bunch of gear to haul up every night, it would have been much faster to take the stairs.The breakfast was slim pickings: coffee, orange juice, cold cereal and hot cereal. The early morning staff was not exactly cheery. But they weren't rude either, just aloof. I can't blame them. I hate mornings too. Some of the taller menfolk in my party complained about the rather low shower heads. And a couple rooms (like mine and one other) had some quirks you had to figure out - like the hot water and cold water being reversed. It's a charming quirky little place. An old school beach property. It got the job done.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"2.5 Stars"
The only good thing about the Hotel is the Swimming Pool and the fact that the hotel is ocean front. The rooms are small but they do have a balcony, which is nice. The fixtures of hotel and elevator needs to be updated. Old faucets in bath are worn out. Parking is tight and needs more spaces. The good thing is that they do have good security cameras, you can see this when you are at the front desk. The staff is very nice, A+ to the staff.
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
daniel
"Great view of ocean."
We like the ocean view. The breakfast is nice. Must get the top floor nextime.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
I love my wife.
"Spring Break"
Room was not what I booked online and the beds were horrible
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great location but you get what you pay for."
Overall the staff was great and the pool area was clean and pretty. The rooms were old but clean. Broken tub drain, cable TV was spotty at best. Bed was comfy and the AC kept it at a great temp to sleep. You can't smoke by the pool (which we would've loked to sit by the pool and have a cigar/smoke) so the parking lot and perimeter had butta everywhere and was pretty dirty. Overall for the price it was fine. We spent most of our time a cross the street at the beach.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Traci
"So so"
Bed was like a waterbed. Floor was wet hotel said carpet was shampooed thirty minutes before I checked in . It stayed wet and sticky my entire visit . Room is very small. Breakfast in lobby is not very good .the view is great
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Would have been OK but they wouldn't give us a re"
Would have been OK but they would not give us a receipt when we Checked out.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Reta
"Convenient"
It was great for what we paid. Right on the beach!Pool was nice but cold. Breakfast was instant oatmeal and cereal! Night cookies was small bags of cookies. Had free wifi. Juice coffee and tea was available.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Too noisy!!"
Room was clean. Mattresses were terrible. Room very loud with street traffic and delivery trucks next door at diner at 4 am. Shower head very low and not adjustable for 6 ft. 3 in.husband. Rainy weather did not help the view. Will not stay again.
3 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice view"
Took my mom for a little get away the view from our room was very nice the rooms are very small but I liked the balcony and the beds were very comfortable.
joanna
"Quick stop"
Greeted at check in quickly. Free WiFi, snacks and beverages in the evening, continental breakfast included in the morning. Coffee shop on property. Across the street from the beach. No swimming allowed at the beach! Nice view of pool and beach! Beds are too soft!
Ro
"Ocean view."
Dated hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Ralph
it was ok and its right next to the an awesome diner with the best pancakes... jus confused about the Double room description.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Quick Getaway Hotel Stay"
This hotel is definitely not modern but that doesn't make it a bad place to stay. The staff are very friendly and professional. If you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you because it is VERY close go the street and you will hear car noise. If you want a place that's just a few feet from the beach and don't mind the traffic below then this is your hotel. Rates are good but don't expect 5 star accommodations. I would stay here again if the price is right.
2 night trip Mar 10, 2015
"clean, needs updating"
Hotel desk clerk was very nice. Hotel was quite clean considering it is very old and needs a lot of updating and repairs. The location is excellent, but still for the price I think they need to remodel.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Nice hotel at a fair price"
We weren't able to take advantage of the pool because it was too cold. I liked that every room at this hotel is ocean view. Beautiful views! Free breakfast in the morning was good. The brick wall in the breakfast room was leaking probably due to all the rain we had. They had towels on the floor to soak up the water. It was a nice hotel at a fair price.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
This was just a quick weekend getaway. The hotel is one of my favorite small hotels, not a lot of frills, just a nice place to stay on the beach.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Mellow with age"
I stayed here 40 years ago with my parents this time with my kids. about the same except for free wifi we enjoyed our stay and will come back to this mellow hotel
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Perfect view"
It was a late minute check-In. My girls were happy. Good place to stay.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
michelle
"Need to Get Away?"
Need to get away? We love the Commodore due to it's location on the seawall. Some rooms we have stayed in have been better than others. It is quiet and cozy.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Needs an update"
Excellent view of the beach and seawall. The property is in need of an update. The building could use some paint and a powerwash.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Nice view"
The view, location is the only good part. Rooms are old and dated. Common areas need a facelift.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great spot for parade route"
Location was perfect on parade route. They could use a little updating.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Robinson
"weekend night"
The elevator took forever to make its way down, which is ridiculous for only having one for 4 floors. I called reception to tell them I needed someone to check the room since it smelled like smoke... noone ever came. Very disappointing.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
mel
"Nice older hotel close to the beach"
This hotel may be a bit older but it is very clean , updated etc . I am often traveling and these were some of the most comfortable beds I have seen in a good while . Also it is set up such that every room faces the beach . Another great thing is every room has a brick wall on each side , therefore you hear absolutely zero from the other rooms and that is VERY nice . And the cleanliness is nice , I have stayed in many brand hotels and after walking around the room a bit in my white athletic socks they turn black on the bottom , NOT the case with this hotel , so it is clean top to bottom
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Rob
"Great trip"
Beds were small, but great service and excellent location! Kids loved it and we will go back in the summer!
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Good For The Price"
We stayed overnight. The condition of the hotel was better than the reviews others gave. The room comfort was good. The bed was soft and the pillows were the wrong size for it. I thought the overall condition was good for what you paid. The staff were friendly and the location was right across from the beach.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Ok but noisy"
Room was clean, but not very soundproof. Heard alot of outside noise from the road, guests etc.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"stop before the cruise"
Good place to sleep before to embark to Carnival cruise, you can leave the car at the hotel, good security, and the good thing, it cost 95.00 to park the car in the cruise parking. Why not to rest and visit Galveston for the same price. Good deal
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
alain
"Great location!"
Hotel is right across from a very nice beach and the pool is beautiful! The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are dated, but in a kind of "shabby chic" way. I loved the brick walls. The breakfast was cereal, muffins, juice and coffee...that's it. My only real complaint is the matresses. They were extremely soft and sagged in the middle and REAlLLY need to be replaced. I stayed here one night before a cruise and it met my needs. I wouldn't stay here for a vacation in Galveston, but for one night it was fine.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Better Than You Think"
We were happy with the accomodations. It is an older hotel but that is ok, we would stay there again. You canot beat the view!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
kelldan2667
"Great value for an oceanfront location."
Great location and value but customer service needs improvement.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Great view"
Wonderful time. Beautiful location. Reasonable price.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
shauna
"Commodore On The Beach Review"
Started a bit on wrong foot as the exterior in the back was not elegant and parking initially looked unsafe. And the staff had my reservation down for the wrong month (9/23-9/25) even though the Expedia reservation showed correctly as 1/23-1/25. I was able to show my confirmation so the staff quickly corrected the error with no extra charge consequence. Though surprised that some room amenities normally offered today in most hotels were not included (no frig, microwave, dinette table / desk, more breakfast food, etc), we decided for the price for the location that those were minor issues. The room was actually quaint/charming with the brick wall, and the view was gorgeous! Very clean also. Traffic a bit noisy, but no fault of the hotel. Bottom line, if you want luxury, this is not the place. But if wanting a good location and comfortable place at low cost with a stunning view, this is the place. After all, with so much to do in Galveston, one would not be spending a lot of time in the hotel room during his/her stay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Run down and dirty"
There was hair on the toilet. There was hair in the sink and one of the bath towels was dirty. Place was in serious need of renovation.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Gail-beach love
"trip 2015"
room was too cold staff sent cab away saying we werent there. we were waiting.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great for a pre-cruise stay of a night or two"
It's on the island and right across the street from the beach. I'm not certain, but it looked like every room had a view of the water and there was plenty of parking (once you realized there was a second lot). The decor wasn't the most modern, but everything was clean, the beds were comfortable and every staff member I spoke to was more than pleasant (especially Randy). We were allowed to check in two hours early (which isn't uncommon elsewhere, but it seems to be very abnormal for Galveston, at least in my experience). The breakfast was fairly normal for a continental breakfast with coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day. The only real downside for me was that the television got only three channels (one of which was the Galveston information channel) so I couldn't watch the football game. On the bright side that forced us to leave the room and go find something to do when we probably wouldn't have otherwise. All in all, I have no real reason to look for anywhere else the next time we're in town prior to departing on a cruise.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Price matches the hotel"
This hotel was ok. We got it for a very cheap price, so overall I am satisfied, even though we had ants eating candy from previous renter.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
aj
"Location Location Location"
Leaky roof in breakfast area. Spoke with manager and they fixed it and another leak problem. Know this happens but was messy in the breakfast area. Breakfast was very minimal. However, for the price, the location, view, and room were great. I recommend without a doubt. All friendly folks at the front desk.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Ellen
"hum"
Little disappointed. Good location but motel needs update and a better breakfast
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
d
"Nice Hotel near the beach"
We really enjoyed our stay! All rooms have a great view of the beach! Love the patios! We will definitely stay here again
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Stacie
"Great hotel with ocean views."
Stayed here one night before cruise. Hotel is dated but very clean and friendly staff. Will defiantly return for summer. Great ocean view.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014