All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
3618 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Vacation"
My wife and I enjoyed the room which had an awesome view of the gulf.
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
"good value"
not a bad place ,, an older hotel but not bad for the price ,,was treated very well and its in a perfect spot,, ill stay again.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
andrew
"Beach is across the street"
Room was small but okay, nice view of beach and hotel pool. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Pleasure Pier was walking distance. Only deal killer was the beds... terrible to me and wife. Way to soft. If they had decent beds I would highly recommend at this price level.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Tony
"My stay"
The carpet was damp, but we are right by the water. The tub closer would not work, though they had someone come and try to fix it, it wouldn't work. Over all, I would go back.
Other trip May 11, 2015
nina
"optimal location"
the mattresses were too soft, an update (bedding) would be a good investment. breakfast was minimal: beverages, prepackaged muffins, cereal and instant oatmeal - wouldn't hurt to have the usual pancake maker and fresh fruit. loved the rustic brick walls, balcony with view and pool.
1 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"Good."
Very polite and good service. However, the Wifi is not good at night, so if you want to work remotely, that's not a good location. Besides, it faces to the seashore, so the view is nice, but it is very noisy while sleeping.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
Yuan
"Galveston mid-seawall motel"
Older motel, but wanted a room with Gulf/beach view and balcony, which it provided; about halfway down on seawall. Beds a little softer than I'd prefer but slept ok. Breakfast bar small: coffee, juice, dry cereal, milk, wrapped muffin. Free parking, 4 stories with elevator, outside pool, wifi.
2 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"Galveston Trip"
We were dead tired after our cruise and looking for a comfortable place to crash. This hotel fit the bill. It was clean and comfortable, the only problem is how loud it is. With a door in front and back you could really hear the traffic. Other than that I would gladly stay again.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Adrianne
"For an older hotel it was ok. Rooms were clean."
Comfortable and gray beach view. However parking leaves a lot to be desired. My car got hit in the parking lot so it was an expensive vacation
J
"Nice reasonable priced hotel on the beach"
Very nice hotel for the price. It is an older hotel but they have kept it up very nicely. Good pool and convenient access to the beach. We will return.
Britt
"Galveston"
There were no smoking areas and the desk staff were extremely rude and smugg, they didn't seem to like thier job at all!
HB
"Best asset is access and close to good eateries..."
The place is way out of date and needs upgrades to keep up with the competition. The price was okay but I think too much for the condition of the facility.....
Other trip May 3, 2015
"April 2015"
Staff very helpful
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Wont ever be back there"
Awful customer service. No lighting in parking lot. Warning of theft signs everywhere including in the room.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Air was not good"
It was fine but the air was not good
2 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
"Less than acceptable"
My room was never cleaned for the three (3) nights I stayed. All they did was make the bed and bring new towels every day. The A/C said 60 and ran non-stop, but It never got cool in the room, probably 75 the whole time. I will say the location was great though. Overall, spend the extra $20 a night and go somewhere else. This hotel is not just outdated as the other reviews state, it's dirty.
3 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Bradley
"Great staff and location."
Staff was very friendly and helpful, location to the beach was perfect. It was a very nice experience.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Angela
"Old hotel, but helpful staff"
The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The building is old, but the bed was comfortable. The AC in one room wouldn't turn off and made a loud noise, but I moved to another room. The patio door on that room wouldn't close all the way, but it wasn't a problem.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2015
"Good time"
Enjoyed it
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Rickie
"Nice hotel / price at beach."
Had a nice balcony on second floor overlooking the beach and pool.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
TexAg 84
"Love this place"
I have stayed here on numerous occasions. So close to everything you don't even need a car.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Very nice staff..room was clean thanks..had great view of beach..
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Old and tired"
The room was moldy smelling, not good if you have allergies. A lot of corrosion with a well worn look. Staff were very friendly.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
fred
Room was comfortable. It was a little small and there were some cleanliness issues, but overall is was not bad for the price and location. Cookies and milk every night was great for the 5 yr old we had. They also had coffee, tea, juice and lemonade 24 hours.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
william jenning
"Very nice hotel, great view of the beach"
The hotel was great -- wonderful view of the pool and beach. The hotel itself was quiet when we were there -- only excess noise was from traffic, when sitting on the balcony, but inside the room was quiet. No coffee in the room, but it was available in the lobby with a continental breakfast. Breakfast could be enjoyed inside, with a view of the beach! Nice. Cookies and milk available in the evening. I would definitely stay there again. Another plus -- the hotel is on a corner, with one of the few crossing signals, to safely make it across several lanes of traffic, to the beach. Away from crossings, you are taking a risk as there is no median, just a center turn lane.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"should have paid a few more bucks a night."
The staff was rude, the breakfast consisted of just prepackaged muffins and cold cereal. Should have paid a few more bucks a night for a better room.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
CD
"Just a few steps from the beach."
The hotel is under renovation, and its style is older. We were aware of this, but wanted guaranteed oceanview no matter what. Our room was on the 4th floor, so we got our wish. The room was small, but clean, with comfortable beds. We were happy with tbe accomodations for tbe price. If you want a full breakfast, prepare to eat elsewhere. We stayed there 4 days, and would gladly stay there again.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Art
"nice hotel across from beach"
Have stayed here mutiple times. Only complaint is their ac. Always noisy. But otherwise great stay!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Not bad for 75 bucks"
I look for funky little beach hotels which are privately owned. This one has a good price and a balcony for every room except one on the first floor. Built in 1965, it had only 3 stories until the mid 90s. The beach is right there and most rooms have a view of the pool. A seafood joint is a hundred feet to the north. You can get a fridge for 15 bucks. But my only thought there is that they should just put a fridge in the rooms.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2015
"Good view from balcony, that's about all I can say"
The nicest thing was the location of our balcony. It was a perfect view. The room was small, but ok. NO coffee pot, fridge, or microwave! The towels were low quality, the beds were comfy but the room needed a good cleaning, under TV stand, beds and defineatly windows and the balcony door. There were cigarette butts on the patio, which had not been cleaned in a long time. Gull poop everywhere. The wall are too thin. The people next to us made loud noise all night. It was ok for two nights but I wouldn't stay there again!
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
R
"Nice view. Enjoy my stay and the staff were nice."
The staff was nice and the view were great. Family friendly environment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great choice for a lower priced hotel"
The Commodore on the Beach is a modestly priced, older hotel (I suspect 1960s vintage), so you can't expect a posh, luxury hotel experience. But with that in mind, it's top notch in quality. The rooms are clean, the bathroom is fresh and spotless, and the swimming pool is crystal clear. It's a superb location on Seawall Blvd and the beach in Galveston. I found hotel staff to be friendly and responsive. Our toliet did have a flushing problem upon our arrival. A maintenance guy responded promptly and fixed it -with no further problems. I think there are a few cosmetic things that could be touched up. Guests enter their rooms in private entrances on the backside of the hotel. In this area, they have draped the railing and fence that lines the walkways with a plastic mesh screen that is a little gnarly looking. I'd replace that and maybe paint the walkways and overhand ceiling to freshen up the appearance. But I consider that to be minor stuff. If you're looking for a hotel that doesn't break the bank so you have money left for other Galveston attractions, this hotel is a top choice.
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Gordon
"The hotel was perfect and the view was spectacular"
The elevator broke down for a day but they offered to move us to a lower level. It is an older hotel but it was perfect!
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Galveston"
I would not stay at this hotel again. Location was a plus for this hotel. You can walk to Pleasure Pier and have some nice bar and grills. You have a beautiful view of the ocean. However, we had problems with the toilet. Blow dryer didn't work. I am a light sleeper, it is noisy! You hear people outside and all the traffic noise. The lock is at the top of the door. We were woke up at 4:45 am to the fire alarm one morning. Someone had issues and the police were present. I will spend a little extra money and stay at a better hotel.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Sufficient"
We stayed the night on the way home from New Orleans. The hotel is a step up from sleazy. I guess it's because there were families staying there. It's just old and run down, but in a good location. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was prepackaged muffins and cereal bowls. I wouldn't stay here again, but the price was relatively low for the location.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Awesome squishy pillows and power outlets galore"
The hotel is a little worn and run down. It shows its age. BUT they keep the rooms clean. And each room has a marvelous view. My room had some of the most comfortable, squishy pillows I have ever encountered in a hotel. Not the stiff rocks you find in most hotels. Also it had a kick butt heater / air conditioner that worked quickly. As a bonus, there was an abundance of power outlets in the room, including a neato outlet box on the night stand. This was important for me as I was traveling on business, and had lots of gadgets to charge overnight. Wifi worked fine. The elevator was suuuuper slow. If I didn't have a bunch of gear to haul up every night, it would have been much faster to take the stairs.The breakfast was slim pickings: coffee, orange juice, cold cereal and hot cereal. The early morning staff was not exactly cheery. But they weren't rude either, just aloof. I can't blame them. I hate mornings too. Some of the taller menfolk in my party complained about the rather low shower heads. And a couple rooms (like mine and one other) had some quirks you had to figure out - like the hot water and cold water being reversed. It's a charming quirky little place. An old school beach property. It got the job done.
3 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"2.5 Stars"
The only good thing about the Hotel is the Swimming Pool and the fact that the hotel is ocean front. The rooms are small but they do have a balcony, which is nice. The fixtures of hotel and elevator needs to be updated. Old faucets in bath are worn out. Parking is tight and needs more spaces. The good thing is that they do have good security cameras, you can see this when you are at the front desk. The staff is very nice, A+ to the staff.
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
daniel
"Great view of ocean."
We like the ocean view. The breakfast is nice. Must get the top floor nextime.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
I love my wife.
"Spring Break"
Room was not what I booked online and the beds were horrible
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great location but you get what you pay for."
Overall the staff was great and the pool area was clean and pretty. The rooms were old but clean. Broken tub drain, cable TV was spotty at best. Bed was comfy and the AC kept it at a great temp to sleep. You can't smoke by the pool (which we would've loked to sit by the pool and have a cigar/smoke) so the parking lot and perimeter had butta everywhere and was pretty dirty. Overall for the price it was fine. We spent most of our time a cross the street at the beach.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Traci
"So so"
Bed was like a waterbed. Floor was wet hotel said carpet was shampooed thirty minutes before I checked in . It stayed wet and sticky my entire visit . Room is very small. Breakfast in lobby is not very good .the view is great
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Would have been OK but they wouldn't give us a re"
Would have been OK but they would not give us a receipt when we Checked out.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Reta
"Convenient"
It was great for what we paid. Right on the beach!Pool was nice but cold. Breakfast was instant oatmeal and cereal! Night cookies was small bags of cookies. Had free wifi. Juice coffee and tea was available.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Too noisy!!"
Room was clean. Mattresses were terrible. Room very loud with street traffic and delivery trucks next door at diner at 4 am. Shower head very low and not adjustable for 6 ft. 3 in.husband. Rainy weather did not help the view. Will not stay again.
3 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice view"
Took my mom for a little get away the view from our room was very nice the rooms are very small but I liked the balcony and the beds were very comfortable.
joanna
"Quick stop"
Greeted at check in quickly. Free WiFi, snacks and beverages in the evening, continental breakfast included in the morning. Coffee shop on property. Across the street from the beach. No swimming allowed at the beach! Nice view of pool and beach! Beds are too soft!
Ro
"Ocean view."
Dated hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Ralph
it was ok and its right next to the an awesome diner with the best pancakes... jus confused about the Double room description.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Quick Getaway Hotel Stay"
This hotel is definitely not modern but that doesn't make it a bad place to stay. The staff are very friendly and professional. If you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you because it is VERY close go the street and you will hear car noise. If you want a place that's just a few feet from the beach and don't mind the traffic below then this is your hotel. Rates are good but don't expect 5 star accommodations. I would stay here again if the price is right.
2 night trip Mar 10, 2015
"clean, needs updating"
Hotel desk clerk was very nice. Hotel was quite clean considering it is very old and needs a lot of updating and repairs. The location is excellent, but still for the price I think they need to remodel.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015