All hotels in Durango, Colorado, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here#24 Sheol Street, Durango, CO, 81301, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Scenic and quiet in the off season"
Our overall experience was excellent. We were there in the off season to ride the Durango to Silverton train and we really appreciated the scenery and quietness. Our room was great but sure could have used a second chair to sit on. Cannot fairly rate hotel service as did not have occasion to use.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Anthony
"Great overnight stay."
Scenery was awesome! Our room was very comfortable and clean! Will return.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Extremely happy customer!"
Absolutely amazing! The room was immaculate with breathtaking views. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this place!!!!
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Stacey
"Queen Bedroom has a Murphy Bed, Not a Normal Bed"
I chose the queen bed room over the king bed room because it was larger and included a kitchenette, however the website made no mention that it was a Murphy bed and not a normal queen bed. At late night check-in, the staff made no mention of the Murphy bed or how to operate it. It was bolted to the floor so we were not able to operate it (never having seen or operated one before) so pulled out the sofa sleeper to sleep on instead. Sofa sleeper was very cramped (no room to maneuver around it as it practically touched the walls/furnishings on all sides) and was uncomfortable as a sofa sleeper typically is. The water turned into a trickle for 10-15 minutes while my girlfriend was taking a shower and I was brushing my teeth.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Roger
"Awesome Stay!"
It was great! Woke up to snow! What a pleasant surprise!
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Judith Louise
"Zen-like experience during off season!"
I stayed here during off season so it was very quiet, which I liked a lot! Because of the off season, I can't really judge the services of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms come with a fireplace - great extra, especially since there isn't a lot to do in walking distance of the hotel outside of the ski season.
1 night trip May 3, 2015
Awesome place, need to improve a little in a room clean.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent experience"
Excellent experience. Our room was a bit snug but clean and fully loaded with appliances. Great lockers in the building. Easy walk out right to the lift.
3 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"Purgatory Village Condo's & Hotel"
Not bad - everyone friendly even though we got lost going to the building we were accommodated at. Can't beat the location right in the center of everything. The only issue we have is the hot tub needs to have longer hours by the time we finished dinner in Durango town and drove back it was already past ten.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Cindi
"Inappropriste choice for overnight"
The location stated in Hotels.com was midleading; we travelec 25 miles i the mountain beyond Durango. Numerous cslls needed to frt clesr directons then when when arriveda a security hot vehicle found us stranded in the property and led us yo the check in. Then in pitch dark were directed tofdrive to a completely other building in this huge complex of several different levels to find the building where our room was assigned. This 'Ski Lodge" should not be advertised as hotel, /motel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Rita
"totally recommended"
best one ever i stayed
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
MURALI
Poor climate control and required key to LEAVE via elevator.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Fire alarms and construction"
Not only was there unannounced construction in our unit, but the fire alarm was going off inexplicably from 830 in the morning in until we left. Started out by giving us non-functiinal keys. Not what I expect from a resort charging hundreds a night.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
mesadeco
"Fantastic area to visit !"
Really enjoyed our stay here. It's nice to get away from the business of town. Too bad we didn't have a room with a view. Might be a good idea to check about that. Beautiful fall leaves.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Off Season Yields Good Price but Service Lacking"
By booking Purgatory off season we were able to get a good deal price wise. One should know that Purgatory village is about 25 miles north of Durango, with very little business nearby. Also, since off season, many of the facilities are not open, and one may need to drive distances to shop or eat. Additionally, the resort is very quiet, which can be good, unless you need help, then it might be tricky to locate motel personnel. A few times we had difficulty entering our building and room, because the electronic pass key did not work well. The resort, and the room are quite attractive, and we were comfortable, and enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Winston
"Staff Uninterested in Guest Experience"
Firstly, the area is beautiful and the hotel surroundings are gorgeous. The hotel itself was okay. Amenities on site aren't open or have very limited hours during the offseason. The room had damaged walls, trim and peeling wallpaper in spots. The t.v. wouldn't connect to the cable box, which became the biggest problem. My wife has PTSD and MUST have the noise of the tv to sleep. This may seem like a little problem to most, but it's a need for her. The night maintenance staff attempted to fix it, doing no more than I was able to do prior to calling them. They left saying they would be back and we got a call from the front desk saying we had to deal with it. No other rooms available, no other tvs available. My wife didn't sleep, which ruined our plans for the next day. The staff did fix the tv the next day while we were gone. Upon checking out early due to the state of the room and the distance from I again mentioned this and the desk staff became defensive and didn't offer any attempt at rectifying the situation. Another note for persons considering staying here - we thought the distance from Durango wasn't a big deal, considering the savings. The road between the hotel and Durango is a curvy mountain road with signs warning about wildlife every mile or less. At night, the highway is pitch black. I live in the mountains with wildlife and this highway made me very nervous. All in all, I would NOT recommend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Rick Fisher
I got in late because of a weather delay to my flight, so I asked for a late checkout. The house keeping staff must not have gotten the message as they kept opening the door to my room and yelling. This started at 7 AM after I got to bed at 2 AM. I managed to get back to sleep after a couple of interruptions but finally I gave up and got up - grumpy as heck.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Apparently they are converting condos to hotel rooms. Room was very small, just room for king size bed and bureau with one side chair. Bathroom however is large and beautifully tiled. Elevator slow and you needed a card to operate. Common areas dark and poorly ventilated.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Main "Lodge" building MUCH better than other bldgs"
We stayed at the "Purgatory Lodge" resort for a friend's wedding. The main "lodge" building actually has VERY NICE rooms, however we stayed in a separate, much older building called the "Village Center" building. Our room in the VC building was quite disappointing - old, run-down, horrible lumpy pillows, no light in the bathroom where the shower was, etc. I would NOT recommend that anyone rent rooms in any other building besides the main "lodge" (i.e., the same building where the front desk is located). The main/lodge building has obviously been renovated and is kept up much better than the other older buildings on the resort. I would NEVER stay there again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Beautiful natural surroundings"
Although condo accommodations were clean and pleasant, our stay was rated completely different on Night #1 (too noisy to sleep) from Night #2 (different section of Kendall Blg and one floor up), which was very pleasant and incredibly restful. Upon approaching front desk staff on Morning #2, we were treated wonderfully by a male staff member who was quick to relocate us to another room in a different section of the same building although, while he was moving us, we were informed by a female staff member that they ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT do that. Wh-wh-what?!? We were, after all, moved to another (similar) room in the same building and had a very restful, pleasant stay. THANK YOU, sir, for the excellent customer service!!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Purgatory ski condo, durango, Colorado"
This is a gorgeous property at the foot of purgatory ski area. We loved the ability to open the crank out windows and breathe the clean mountain air. Our room, however was very small. Possibly part of a larger condo. While we stayed for two nights, no one came to replace towels, replace coffee packets or make the bed. We realize that it is between seasons for this area , and the price was a fraction of the in season rate, but , if this is the standard procedure, Guests should be made aware of it. Our introduction to our unit was a plugged up toilet- before we even used it. Having said all of this, I am betting ski season would be a completely different story. It is a beautiful slope side property with a lovely restaurant, the sow's ear, right down the road. The fabulous dinner was a real bonus.
2 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Gina
I generally enjoyed my stay. There was no ice machine in the building where my room was located The nearest ice machine was in another building where my friends were located, but unlike us, my friends had no ice bucket. People at desk were very cordial.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
william Hills
Had no idea this was a ski resort when we booked it. Stupid me! It was very weird to be in a location with so few people.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Empty in off season ."
Empty in off season . Upgraded to studio with kitchenette . Pool was out of order and no food service available in Sept .
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
vacationing in
"Overnight stay in Durango"
This hotel worked out well for planned activities in Durango. The rate was very good and the hotel is very nice. This time of year things are very slow so many of the typical summer activities are closed during the week as well the the restaurants. Still, we were very pleased with the facility and the rate and it is very close to Durango. Also would recommend 1 mile south from the hotel the Schoolhouse Bar and Restaurant. A very unique place with very good pizza and nice selection of local beers.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"freaking cool"
We were just passing thru on our way to Denver and decided to stay for a night. Durango is awesome and so it's this hotel. The staff was friendly and even entertained my jokes. The views were amazing and the bed was super comfortable.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
jason
"Beautiful location on the mountain"
On the slopes of Durango mountain, amazing views and gorgeous weather. Hotel is basically ski condos. We had one half of a suite. Furnishings tasteful and well done. Only down side is the scarcity of food establishments (a couple of restaurants but only one place open for breakfast and it is terribly overpriced).
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Central to all activity"
This is a great place to stay in the summer - lots of kid activities.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Amazing resort to stay at in the summer!
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
"Summertime on the mountain."
Take the chairlift up. Look for the wild strawberries. And, enjoy the views. Enjoyed it!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
JimBo
"Great mountain getaway"
This place was awesome. Great location. Walked out the door and did an early morning sunlit hike up the ski resort mountain. All rooms have a great view and windows that open. Hot tub on the rooftop was pretty cool. I would definitely stay here again. Amazing local mountain biking. They need to fixed the broken ice machines (plural).
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Musicman
"Durango get-away"
Decent overall - not as well-maintained as we might have hoped. Trim, walls, etc. were missing or damaged. Room was very clean. Staff spread very thin. Pool was excellent - highlight for kids. Location - for us - was perfect. We've paid less for nicer rooms - but then again we've paid more for worse rooms.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
RJF
"Great area but bad staffing levels"
I've been to Durango mountain resort several times but never stayed. The condo-renal rooms are fine but be warned there is no air conditioning which is fine most of the time. It can get warm though. The family activities at the plaza are great. The issue we had was with the staffing levels. Long waits for food.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Isolation"
I didn't realize that this hotel was so far away from civilization. I figured it was at a ski resort, so therefore skiers would need places to eat. The hotel (in June) had 1 bar/restaurant that was overpriced, and nothing else for 20-30 miles. Who wants to drive 20 miles for meals, even though the drive was beautiful.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Madam Librarian
"Centrally located and convenient condos"
We spent two nights, Friday and Saturday. Check in was easy, and the staff was helpful. We were allowed a late check-out on Sunday, until 1pm.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"I probably would never go back for a stay"
When we arrived, I went to get a glass of water and wanting to add some ice, I found the ice trays were empty. I did walk the halls looking for an ice machine, but non was found. I called the front desk, they told me I had to go to a different building for ice. When I asked why there were no ice machines in our building, they said they weren't that kind of hotel. I told them that even Super 8 has ice readily available...they did send a fellow up with some ice. I suggested that they have the cleaning crew fill the ice cube trays...his response was that they were too busy to do it.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
LE Gates
"Love this place!"
We had an excellent stay! The condo was perfect! The staff helpful when we needed them. I had to mark down the cleanliness of the condo but it was not nasty just stuff on the carpets due to not being vacuumed. Little things in the cleaning that were not good but it was not enough to make me go eweee! Would stay again in a heartbeat! Have stayed at this resort previously in a 2 bedroom it was great too! The biggest thing I don't like is the resort fee and not being pet friendly. Not sure what the resort fee is for?
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Patti
"Great views!"
No fridge in the room. Everything, including restaurants, closed. Although that's too be expected since its the off-season. Walls are very thin. We could hear a baby crying all night next door.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Beautiful!"
Loved everything about my stay! Will definitely come back!
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Gina
"Not Even a Chair"
nice people and a nice place, but very unsatisfactory visit. First, even though the place was almost empty they placed us next to a room with semi-noisy people. Worst of all, there was NO furniture except a bed. try reading a newspaper while sitting in a bed; try relaxing after dinner while sitting on a bed....not even a chair!!
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"off season"
book this one for the ski season............it was 25 miles from the town.......and since it was off season for them it felt like a ghost town.......skeleton crew for service.......like I said......try it later on.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
TB/JB
WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"AWESOME, but NOT in Durango"
This was an awesome property and excellent overall, but be aware that even though the address says "Durango", it is about 23 miles North of Durango. I didn't see that when we booked so the location is NOT what we expected. The 2 couples checking in ahead of us thought the same thing. They thought they would be in Durango and were disappointed in the location.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Family fun weekend getaway."
Enjoyed the surrounding resort and local attractions. Loved the location in the mountains and the resort activities. Needs a bed upgrade in the master suite, other than that the room was spacious and clean with everything a family would need to feel right at home.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Not great service"
While attempting to check in, the person continually answered the phone. There were two other people there seemingly not doing anything. It took much longer than it should have. We got up to the room to find it was being cleaned and we were told to come back in twenty minutes. We had to leave at that time. We didn't actually get our belongings into the room until we came back several hours later.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Will return !"
Overall a great stay, nice rooms, beautiful views, And amenities! Even in the summertime!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"great place to stay"
our room was very comfortable. everything exceeded our expectations
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2013
Ronnie
We stayed in the small studio and it was perfect for what we needed. The room was clean, great little kitchenette, and the views superb! We chose to stay outside of Durango due to the high cost of mediocre hotels within Durango and would definitely do this again. The drive to Durango is beautiful and short.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Over priced for off season"
Stayed for one night prior to a 7 day back country Mtn bike trip. Building is in need of a remodel to get a higher points. Over all it was ok and suited our needs.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Warren
"God awful"
Arrived ~ 5 PM Clerk at desk tried to direct us to room. Needed a map and flashlight to find it. Could not park in parking facility because spaces reserved for another condo. Told to park "down the street". Room smelled, had to open window. Sheets looked looked like they had been used. Went for dinner- 1 bar type restaurant open in entire complex. Paid ~$29 for hamburger, hot dog and onion rings. How can you screw these things up? It was swill. Should have sent it back. This resort is basically shut down. Will never go there again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013