All hotels in Alexandria, Louisiana, United States of America
700 Mac Arthur Dr, Alexandria, LA, 71303, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
    2.8
    2.4
    2.9
"Trashy place to stay"
This hotel was in such disrepair that I didn't stay at this hotel. After I visited the room, I turned around and went and got my money back. I stayed in Winnfield ...
7 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Beverly
"OKay for"
Hotel is very dated. Carpets need cleaning or better yet changed. Staff was very nice, tried to make me satisfied. When I got into the room there was no ironing board or iron. One was brought to me. There was no light bulb in a wall lamp, one was brought. The television control did not work. Another was brought to me. The coffee maker was new but it leaked water from the bottom of the unit. I told the hostess. I did not eat breakfast either of the two mornings I was there.
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Gross"
This hotel was the nastiest place I have ever stayed. The carpet was filthy and sticker. I had to wear shoes because it made the soles of my feet black. The sheets were stained and had holes. The air conditioner was boarder line functional. The bathroom was so gross I felt dirtier after having showered.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Not Worth the Cheap Price!"
I stayed at this motel 5 years ago but things have really deteriorated. The room smelled musty, the wooden chair was broken, most of the drawers were broken and the receptacles were so worn out they could not hold a plug! I have never seen this. The carpet is old and worn, the iron was missing and the microwave was dirty. The shower had a weak stream of hot water, barely enough for a shower. At 2:00 AM there was a loud bang of doors in the hallway and violent shouting between several people for about 10 minutes. I was afraid of gun fire. This is a "bottom feeder" hotel- if you are destitute and need shelter for the night, ok but watch your back! I believe they have changed owners and they certainly don't have the home made breakfast the old owners offered. I would also check with the Alexandria Police about incident reports at this location.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Good night of sleep"
Very nice staff.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2015
"Not bad for the money"
Hotel was dated but the staff was very pleasant and accomodating.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"spend the extra money stay somewhere else"
Pulled open desk drawer and bottom fell out,cigarette burns on carpet and drapes,toilet ran all the time,pillows where way to small.only good thing was it was cheap
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"It got the job done"
I came down for the night to be w the family for Thanksgiving. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very dog friendly. Which was why I needed the room in the first place. It wasn't the nicest by far but it served it's purpose and the location was great. I wI'll more 5 Han likely stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Stacey B
"Older, but it gets the job done."
It's not the nicest or newest hotel. But the staff was really sweet and the price was very low. It's right next to plenty of places to grab food and the wifi worked fine. It's a budget motel, but they try hard.
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2014
"Worst Super 8 ever"
I would not stay at this hotel again, I'd rather sleep in my car. There is a moldy smell through out the hotel and much worse in your room. In my room the tv would not give a full picture, phone and hair dryer did not work and the beds were made in poor condition. This room needed cosmetic touch ups through out the room all in all the room was in poor condition. Asked the front desk for suggestions where to eat, do not expect a polite answer. Also the location of how to get to this place is tricky with the traffic. Lately all the Super 8 hotels I have stayed at were independently owned, and they are all in poor condition. From here on out I will not stay at super 8 the owners just don't keep up the standards for a quality super 8.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Lesley
"Run down, but close to everything!"
Have stayed here often. Could use serious updates. Staff is very friendly. Cleaning staff is exceptional!
5 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"The hotel tried"
The facility is run down and the staff tries very hard to meet needs but the tub, sinks, and floors really felt unsanitary even if they were just stained. The sliding door was not secure because it had two makeshift hook locks holding it close to the door jam, but it did not lock closed and felt unsafe.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"room smelled. clock didn't work. bed close to wa"
staff was nice. couldn't get out of bed on the one side - Room 123. King bed too close to wall. Breakfast was OK. About the worst Super 8 we stayed in. Outside eave was dripping.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Awful experience"
We didn't even stay! We got there and checked-in. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room and the minute we walked in, the smoke ash tray smell hit us in the face. We have two small children and refused to stay there. There's no way we could have slept with that smell. We immediately went back to turn in the keys and leave. Well, my credit card was still charged, even though the lady assured us we wouldn't be charged for the room.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Do not stay at this hotel.. It smells"
Was quiet, but the room had a really bad smell that I couldn't get rid off. Toilet did not flush. Towels were dirty and was I unable to sleep under the bedding due to smell..
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
lillian
Worst place ever!!! Will NEVER stay there again!!!
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Fair"
They need more staff to help instead of 2 or 3
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Vanessa
"Filthy"
Hotel rooms were dirty, even though when we arrived they were in the process of cleaning them. The wi-fi was broken, and the cable was not working. We had to buy cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom and lysol to spray the beds and the room. Glad we only booked the rooms for one night. The pool was the only thing that was clean.
Carrie
"Convenient to many restaurants"
Cobwebs all over ceiling. Bed was clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Char
"Never again."
I reserved a room roughly a week before my daughter and I made the one and a half hour trip down there. On the additional comments section I put "I need a downstairs room because I cannot walk up steps". I suffer from Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. The day we arrived at the hotel, the lady at the front desk said "Oh, you're the one that needs a downstairs room". She then tried to book an upstairs room, but thankfully my daughter said AGAIN that I could not walk up steps. The lady then had me and my daughter transferred to an adjacent hotel (Ramada Inn), where all they had available was an APA smoking room (I do not smoke). During the duration of the stay at Ramada Inn, I had an allergic reaction (itching to the point of leaving red marks on my arms) and could not sleep. I will NEVER choose any of these places to rest again.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Tifffany
"close to placess that we wanted to go."
The stay was okay. the only problem was the toliet and you all did not have very good pillows.
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
"Decent Hotel near to everything in Alexandria, LA"
I came down for Easter weekend with my children. The room was good and I only had an issue with the sliding door that would not open and once open it would not close. Past that all I needed was a place to put my head at night.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Selma
"Worst part of our trip"
Our family travels for an annual event and this was the 5th year we have stayed at this Super 8. Previously, we have had good experiences. It is not new, but was always clean. When we arrived, they only had one non-smoking, double room available (we had reserved 2). They gave us 2 rooms with king beds to make up for the shortage. That night, our toilet stopped flushing and the front desk didn't even have a plunger available. We had to wait for maintenance to come at 8:00 the following morning. The second night we were there, I realized that the bottoms of my children's feet were black from walking barefoot around the rooms. At about 2:30am the fire alarms went off. I was glad to leave the following morning.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Very unfortunate that it was non-refundable"
I reserved a non-smoking room, price was great but was non-refundable. We arrived late, about 11:00 pm, and the room we were given reeked of cigarette smoke, mold in the bathtub, toilet barely flushed, holes in the comforter, and the lighting was very low. We asked for another room and were told none were available. We checked out as there was no way I could stay in a room under those conditions - Super 8 in Alexandria on MacArthur has NOT been renovated!!! Drove another few minutes to stay somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Please take this property out of your database!"
I use Expedia regularly, with very good results, but this time, you let me down! Where to begin: indifferent front desk staff, towel bars both falling off the wall, dirt on bathroom floors. Blow dryer came apart in my hand when I tried to use it. Stains on every piece of furniture. Broken coffee maker. I had booked a two-week stay while waiting to get into my apt. I checked out after one horrific night and went to the OTHER Super 8 on Old Boyce Road. Wonderful staff, cleaner and well maintained place.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
gretxhen
"Sleep and Leave"
Good for a night to stop in and get some rest. Room wasn't very clean, but the beds were surprisingly comfortable and clean.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"A little run down."
I have stayed at this hotel several times. While the staff is very friendly, the hotel is quite run down and in need of updating.
4 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Had issues with service, rooms not real clean. Night staff was very helpful and patient with reservation problems. Left no towel 1st night.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"The staff was very friendly and very accomadating"
We ended up spending three extra days due weather delays. The staff was very pleasant and easy to work with. Its a place to lay your head down nothing fancy . It could use some updating . More of an issue with the way the roads are laid out .
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Close to restaurants and I-49"
The Staff is extremely helpful and very friendly-especially housekeeping. I checked in very late at night and the security guard drove me to my room and brought my luggage in for me. The room itself was clean, although a little dated. The only thing that did not work was the refrig. There is a need for more electrical outlets in the room also. The housekeeping staff is very attentive, and very friendly and did an excellent job cleaning the room during my stay. There is a pool on the premises and a very nice seating area by the pool. I would definately recommend this property to anyone looking for lodging.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"The room I booked was not ready. I was sent to 210"
I was sent to room 210, there was no towels or soap. The housekeepers were to busy gossiping about me going to the room to early. I was very disappointed. Thankfully this was a job assignment for me and I will be reimbursed.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Amitria
"good rooms, great price"
I have stayed here a couple times now and am always happy with the service and my stay overall. While the rooms could use some updating, it is clean and the staff is very friendly.
6 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
"Just very run down"
Needs a crazy amount of remodel in the room I was given. Clean enough, but hard to make such old stuff look really clean. Temp in room stayed consistent, not up and down like lots of window units in motels. Internet wasn't working at all, so I had to leave the hotel to get work done. Luckily, the fast food restaurant next door let me stay for a couple of hours after I finished eating so I could use their internet. Morning staff was super pleasant, so I left on a positive note.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
"great hotel for the price!"
Great room for the price. Only complaint would be that the beds were not very comfortable. Staff was super friendly.
5 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2013
The room was not cleaned the trash was not taken out , I had to call for towels and they did not have any small towels, not good cleaning service.
1 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2013
yvette
"Shabby"
I wouldn't stay here again, even if it were free. The place is shabby and run down. The cleaning of the room was hit-or-miss. The bathroom towels were obviously old, though cleaned. There were spots on them that had been laundered but weren't going to come out. Though most of the hotel was non-smoking, I suspect they haven't replaced the carpets in 20+ years and there was a whiff of smoke / mustiness to the room every time I opened the door. Shower took 10 minutes to drain *after* I finished my shower. The security bar on the door had been sawed through by someone (though they replaced it the next day when I told them). My travelling companion had to be moved to a second room because the knobs on the heating/ac unit didn't work. They just spun round and round and round. Neither of these problems just happened. The two nice things are (1) very friendly and helpful staff and (2) they have one of the biggest (outdoor) pools I've seen at a motel, which made it easy to swim laps. I'll miss the pool but I'll never stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"only 1 hr away from casino"
Staff were all very helpful, friendly and courteous.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
r pena
"Food"
could have more choose of food.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Nice motel in the center of Louisiana."
Remote for the television had only one battery and that was taped into place with scotch tape and the telephone did not work. When we called the front desk they offered to move us. When we declined a maintenance person was at our door in a very short time and replaced the TV remote and the phone jack. The incident took only 15 minutes at most to resolve. This was done with professionalism and courtesy.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Good for a night"
This was a stop over for just 1 night and it worked just fine for that purpose. There was plenty of shopping in the area as well as several restaurants. It was easy to locate, room was clean, and the area felt safe. We had no problems.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Sherri
"The staff here was awesome"
We arrived a half hour early for our check in time. But they were so understanding about things. They accomidated us to the fullest that they could without getting themselves into trouble. Theresa was the best. So sweet and so understanding. Hotel staff alone was awesome. Our only little draw back was that the outlet in the upstairs room had issues. It was wobbly when trying to use it. The downstairs room had only one workable outlet to share between the two beds.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
debbie
"Horrible"
Had to change rooms once wifi up and down clogged toilet dirty walls and no hot water Expedia should remove this hotel off its list
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
joe
"Stinky!"
AC stinks but couldn't stay without it turned on. Shared my room with a cockroach.
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
I would like to Thank you for your feedback.. I just want assure that we have resolved these issues and invite you to stay with us again in near future.
7 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
Andy
Room was clean. Staff were exceptionally nice. Just way too much noise for sleep!
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
I want ot Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. I do appoligize for the noise, Unfortunately, we are located in a popular area of town.We do invite you back to visit us again in the future.
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
"Nasty Hotel"
This place had blood on the wall near the bathroom, candy boxes on the shelf left from previous guests, sticky remote control for televisions, gritty floors, and hairs all over the shower curtain. In addition, the toilet was very low and placed in such an awkward manner that it was hard to use (the incasing would not allow the seat to stay up). Because we were there for my daughter's softball game and all the other places were filled, we stayed there one night. The next day, we canelled our second night and will never, ever return.
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
I would like appoligize for any inconvience that you may had with your stay with us. I do want to tell you that we have looked into this situation and have resolved these issues. We would like to invite you to give us another chance and see the results that we have made.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Mac
"Reasonable rate but dated facility."
The room itself is ok but overall, the hotel is in dire need of updating both inside and outside. The carpet in our room needs cleaning badly or better yet...it should be replaced. We were surprised to see people cooking on a grill outside their room.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Jan
"Smelled funny"
My room smelled funny & there was no hair dryer. Everything else was just ok. The continental breakfast was more than I had expected.
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
We would like to Thank you for your feedback. This us the opportunity to make changes for our Guest. i do want to appoligize for the odor in your room & for the inconvenience of the hair dryer. We have addressed these issues and that you give us another chance to make your next stay the best it can be.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Sharolyn
"Get what you pay for!"
Someone was leaving after they viewed their room as we pulled up. The workers were nice and helpful but hotel was much to be desired!
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to invite you to stay with us again in the near future.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Poor key system"
stayed there for 5 days, out of which I had to change my room once and change my key 9 times due to key malfunction. It feels really annoying when you try to open your room to relax yourself and keys don't work. However, they gave me another room to stay because my room locked out, all my stuff where locked in that room for one night till their technician came next day morning. Nice faculties and rooms but cheap systems.
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
Thank you for your response. We would like to tell that we have since then corrected these problems and would like to invite you back to stay with us.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
Front desk was rude & refused to give us more than 2 towels.
Response by Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur
I would like to appoligize for any inconvience you may had with your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we have resolved this issue with the front desk and ask that you give us another chance.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013