All hotels in Alexandria, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here700 Mac Arthur Dr, Alexandria, LA, 71303, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
    2.9
    2.4
    2.9
"Christmas Vacation"
Staff are very friendly and helpful. Hotel is dated and in so-so condition at best. However for a short or long stay on a tight budget its not bad. Plenty of dining very close by both chain and local. I rebooked another stay for later in the spring.
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2012
NOISY AND OLD AIRCONDITION
1 night trip May 6, 2013
"Smelly"
First room I was in backed up to a Shell Gas Station, I listened to rap music all night from the cars getting gas. Why? Because the glass door installed in 1960 had the original locks removed and the holes were just, well... holes! They had chains keeping the door closed, I felt real safe after seeing this. Got in the shower and half way through the shower I was standing in calf deep water. YUCK! Asked to be moved to a room, upstairs if possible to keep someone from coming through the raggedy pieced together back door. My wish was granted and I was moved to a room upstairs in the next building. I opened the door to go down the hall and the stench of 2 week old cooking grease smacked me in the face. I sucked it up and got to my room, ran a bath of hot water. Relaxing when the plaster off the ceiling begins to fall in the tub with me. Enough of that! Out and into bed which the mattress reminds me much of New Orleans or a SOUP BOWL! All in all I had a great... EXIT!
Other trip May 6, 2013
"The building is very out dated and run down."
I would think that a motel six would be a step up.
Other trip May 5, 2013
"A very good value for the money"
I was impressed. No complaints.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2013
Wes
"Bad as in real bad"
If wouldn't have so late for checking in I would have left and went to another hotel. The room was dirty and it stunk some kind of bad, so bad I went to Walmart to get a candle so that it would make it smell a little better. I ask the front desk for some help and he told the house keepers was gone for the day and he was there by himself. I will never stay at that junk called a hotel again, I just soon sleep in the truck. Very poor ratings for a franchise motel.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2013
"CENTRAL LOCATION AND DRIVE UP ACCESS ROOMS"
ITS A QUAINT MOTEL WITH EASY ACCESS.
8 night business trip Apr 5, 2013
"Stay somewhere else."
This hotel is surrounded by truck drivers and prostitutes walking through all hours of the night. The only way to get more peace and quiet is to sleep on the airport runway during peak travel hours. Speaking of the airport, this hotel falsely advertised shuttle service to the airport.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
pretty good for a S8!
1 night trip Apr 9, 2013
"luck of the draw"
Having stayed here recently, we did not hesitate to book a room, this time the room was in poor condition and not clean, it was less than acceptable, however the desk clerk advised us there was no other room available. We won't come back although the last stay was okay, apparently it depends on what room you are assigned.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
"close to points of intrest"
The staff were very nice and helpful. Hotel is older and in a bad area .
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
W. Hitt
"Ok for the price"
They need to work on their key system. We had to go to office each night because our card would not work. After the first night we left early to go to work got back around 8 that evening to find they had not been in our room to clean or leave clean towels, then had to wait about 30 mins or so to get towels so we could shower. That is not ok with me. Other than that I guess ok for the price.
3 night business trip Mar 14, 2013
"gor our moneys worth"
Quality we hoped for at the price we paid.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2013
Teresa
"Pet Stay"
Needed a hotel that allowed pets and Super 8 fit the bill.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2013
"Expectations met"
It was what was expected. The only snag was the room did not have a refrigerator. I asked for one with it, and they accommodated.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
needs to be updated bad
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2012
"older motel with big rooms!!!"
The rooms at this motel were much larger than normal motels. The motel was dated thou, and only had 2 not so comfortable pillows on each bed and none in drawers. Staff were courteous.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2013
"Over exceeded expectation"
I was surprisingly pleased with my 3day stay here!!!The room was very clean and I was very comfortable..The front desk staff were very very polite and accommodating to my needs and want..The complimentary breakfast was fresh hot and tasty..What I am most happy with is I requested a non smoking room and I smelled absolutely NO smoke..I paid next to nothing for my room so my experience there over exceeded my expectations..Great Job Super 8!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
"Great hotel for a great price"
Check- in staff and housekeeping staff were courteous and very helpful. The room was clean and had everything we asked for. The hotel was near restaurants and stores. We enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was free and delicious.
Other trip Nov 22, 2012
"dirty smoke room and bed"
dirty smoke room and bed
1 night trip Nov 8, 2012
r
Horrible... I switched to another hotel after the 2nd day...Only because I had booked for 2 days...
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2012
Hating Alexandria
"Super 8 Alexandria Macarthur"
OK for a one night stay. Lack of breakfast restaurants in the area. Also a bit of a ways off the interstate.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2012
Richard K.
"No Sleep"
I stayed there in June it was great. I got a room on a different side this time. i did not get mcuh sleep. They had a fight in the middle of the night outside my room. The persons car alarm was going off for about 5-10 minutes. The night time staff should have called the police or did any thing. I didn't see anyone at all. I reported it to the daytime staff. I thought they could have done a better job with controling people who are out of control.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
plesantly surprised
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
"1st, vs 2nd"
requested 1st floor when I booked the room. When I got there they didn't have one. Thought that is why I booked early.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2012
"easy access to everything to do and go to."
little stressful , but relaxing
2 night trip Sep 18, 2012
"Cheap Hotel"
I guess you definetley get what you pay for here. With Cheap prices also come a dingy dirtiy room uncomfortable bed, and unfriendly service. The air conditioner was so noisey and the bed so uncomfortable it kept me awake most of the night. It's super tough too sleep in this hotel anyway. I would not reccomend.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2012
"Great for the price."
Hotel employees were friendly and accommodating. Room needed refurbishing, but was adequate. Would definitely stay here again. Hotels.com reservation system made it easy.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2012
Barney
"older place"
This is an older Hotel, not very clean and room needed cleaning and paint. Staff was not friendly.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
Ronnie
"decent stay"
I always stay here, descent rooms and great price.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2012
maja
"Worth what you pay"
I got the room cheap, so I don't think you can expect much. The room itself was clean-my main requirement. But the a/c barely cooled the place (the temperatures were in the high 90s), and it looked like it could qualify as an antique. I did not use the pool area, but it had a grassy area and looked nice. The outside needed some power washing-it did not give a good impression. The breakfast was surprisingly good-you could even make waffles. I guess I'd give it an overall 2.5-good to sleep in and for breakfast, but not to spend much time in.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2012
Southernmiss
"Clean and Comfy-Not Glamorous"
This hotel is not top-notch, but it was clean and quiet. It provided a place for me to eat, sleep, and shower while I was in town on business. The sheets were clean, but the bedspread was stained on the underside. There were no extra guests such as bugs or mice. The room needed some work--the wallpaper was peeling, the carpet was old and (my opinion) needed to be replaced, the tub needed to be caulked, etc. There was a breakfast room, a working ice machine, and a nice, clean pool for swimming with chairs around it.
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
"Horrible"
My stay at this hotel was horrible. My parents and I booked this hotel having no idea that this was a workers hotel. When we tried to explain this to th guy at the front desk he was very rude about telling us. I never write reviews for hotels but if this review is able to help a traveller like myself, it's worth it. I WARN YOU! If you're used to places like the Holiday Inn as am I STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2012
Ryan
"HORRIFYING!!!"
I NICKNAMED IT THE BATES MOTEL. I WAS SCARED FOR MY LIFE. THE ENTIRE DOWNSTAIRS ROOMS WERE FLOODED. THEY GAVE ME A ROOM UPSTAIRS. IT SMELLED. THE CARPET WAS OLD AND NASTY. THE BEDSPREAD LOOKED LIKE IT HADNT EVER BEEN CLEANED. I WAS THERE A TOTAL OF 3 HOURS AND LEFT. THE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND THE PARKING LOT WERE SHIRTLESS AND YELLING AT EACH OTHER. THE BREAKFAST ROOM WAS SMALL AND DIRTY.
2 night business trip Jul 16, 2012
"Great hotel...exceeded my expectations!"
We stayed 2 nights b/c we had a softball tournament over the weekend. The team stayed at Ramada Inn (walking distance) and we stayed here b/c Ramada was booked. I'm so glad that we booked a room here! It was cheaper, rooms were cleaner, pool was nice, the picnic area was wonderful and the staff (front desk, security, housekeeping) were outstanding. I will definitely stay here again if we're in the area. The only reason I did not give all 5's is because the rooms could use a little updating (carpet and lighting). The bed was hard but I'm used to my own bed. I would also recommend that you let customers that are checking in know that the breakfast room closes PROMPTLY at 9:00 am or change the sign to 8:30 so customers will be finished before 9. We were in there at 8:45 and I went to pour some more milk at about 9:00 and she had just poured it all out. I thought that was kind of rude knowing that there were still guest in the middle of eating. Other than that everything was GREAT!
2 night trip Jun 22, 2012

terry

Litt lugubert strøk...
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Olav
Hôtel super sale mal entretenu,mauvaise odeur dans la chambre. Piscine propre mais siège cassé, pas de parassol avec 37 au soleil.chambre sale
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
mumu
FR
"Pessimo motel!"
Ho provato questo motel perché dovendo fare un viaggio on the road avevo sentito molti commenti positivi sulle catene di motel americane e questa era una delle più conosciute. In realtà la mia esperienza è stata tutt’altro che positiva… Il motel si trova attaccato all’autostrada e non è in una posizione molto silenziosa; è frequentato poi da molti camionisti che ripartono alle 5 del mattino svegliando tutte le persone del complesso. La zona è molto buia e gli insetti si attaccano alle lucine vicine agli ingressi delle camere al piano terra…quindi veloci ad entrare se non volete trovarvi brutte sorprese in camera! La camera ha la classica moquette americana che non è il massimo della pulizia con l’arredamento un po’ datato e rovinato…e se si è “fortunati” si trova anche qualche lattina o bottiglia di birra abbandonata nei cassetti… Esperienza assolutamente da non ripetere!
1 night trip Aug 20, 2012
4 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
2 night trip May 11, 2014
1 night business trip Dec 25, 2013
Rosie
"The room had an odor, the tub was stained,"
Other trip Nov 4, 2013