All hotels in Carolina, Puerto Rico

Beautiful beach
    Delicious food
    Great pool
    Awesome vibe
"Perfect for beach and airport."
If you are looking for a last hurrah at the beach, this place is perfect. He staff was very helpful with supplying towels for the beach on a Sunday morning while we waited for rooms to become available. The beach is across the street, and we could see it from our room. However, the room was noisy. The auto fan in the bathroom was way too loud to ignore, and the elevator "dings" at every floor and can be heard clearly in our room, which was across the hall. The final blow was turning off the light and discovering the smoke alarm flashes a green light every ten seconds. The pizza is delicious in the shop on the ground floor. If we had stayed a second night, I would have requested a different room.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2016
Julia
"Great hotel & location"
Hotel was across the street from the beach. Get a room with a view. It's right on the strip where there are a few bars and many places to eat at. If you get a chance stop at Hotties and Platos down the street.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
"Great hotel, good location"
Great hotel! Just renovated and perfectly located in Isla Verde across from the beach. Plenty of nightlife (and even 24-hour places) nearby. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. LOTS of plugs and USB outlets in the rooms....very useful! I would stay there again. Pool is very nice, although the pounding music becomes a bit too much after a while. The only thing I would add is a free breakfast--it seems like a standard offering for a hotel in this category (non-resort).
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate them and we are happy to know you enjoyed our location and room features.
6 night trip Dec 27, 2015
Eliot
"Not very pleased"
We only stayed one night but I definitely wouldn't come back to this hotel. The hotel looked really nice in the lobby, but the rooms are obviously just remodeled to have appealing finishes. The room was nothing to brag about and the bathroom was not super clean. There was some mold in the grout in the shower. I wasn't happy with the area at all. I would say go further down where the resorts are or closer to Condado
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Hello Stephanie, we are sorry to hear that our property didn't meet your expectations. As you may have read from other reviews our rooms and service are well rated. Please accept our apologies regarding your bathroom condition and I want ensure you this is not indicative of our standards.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Last minute room"
Due to a flight cancellation we were scrambling to get to our vacation destination. We were landing in San Juan late in evening and needed a room for the night, then back to airport. TRYP was right by airport and was economical. The evening turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. On site resaurant had tapas that were amazing....there was also a pizza place onsite that looked good. Front desk took a while to get our reservation pulled up, but gave us a free breakfast. Wow!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to know that regardless your flight inconvenience we could offer you a great experience at out hotel.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
tired traveler
"Christmas Holidays 2015"
The staff and personnel were very polite and friendly. Easy access to different places to eat.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you, we appreciate your feedback!
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
"Great Hotel in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico."
This was a vacation and business trip, the hotel was conventiently located, and close to the beach, restaurants and the airport, very friendly staff, fine restaurant in the hotel. I would stay there again and will recommend it to friends & family. Thank you.
7 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
Franklin
"Boutique-Hotel Chic 5 Steps from the Beach!"
My friend and I had a great stay, I always sleep with earplugs which are helpful when staying facing the back of the building. The hotel lobby looks like a hip NYC hotel, the only thing that could have made it better would be to offer a free Breakfast. Pool area is nice, staff/housekeeping SUPERB!!! Gracias!!!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate your feedback as it help us improve our guests' experience. We are glad you enjoyed our remodeled lobby and that our staff served you well.
1 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2015
"I LIKE I THINK IN BACK IN THE NEAR FUTURE"
GREAT THE HOTEL WAS CHANGE ALL THE OLD THINGS INCLUDING THE NAME ALL ARE NEW AND WITH A THE BEST INTERIOR DECORATION THE FAMILY ROOM THE BEST ONE KING SIZE BED GIANT ROOM AND TWO WALL BUNK BED I LOVE IT
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you Javier, we are happy to know you liked all the remodeled features and that you'll be staying with us in the future.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
javier
It was a nice, clean and relaxing environment. It had all the amenities needed! The staff was amazing! I would definitely recommend it to friends and family. It has a good location!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to know your experience was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed our environment and amenities. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
I liked the hotel and the quality. The room smelled a bit funny. The location disappointing. Busy street full of chain companies like McDonalds, Walgreens, Burger King, etc.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
"Very nice, close to beach"
This hotel is very nice. It has a pizza place located inside. Customer service was excellent! Walking distance to the beach! I will be booking in the future!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you for choosing us during your recent stay in Isla Verde. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcome you back!
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
"Hotel on Isla Verde Beach"
It was an awesome hotel!! Would definitely be back for a Vaca in PR. By the beach, restaurants, stores and not to far from San Juan. The hotel is very modern, continental breakfast is more of a breakfast buffet! Staff was super nice. Only bad thing was you had to pay for parking at the hotel ($8 a day) I feel as being a guest parking should be free or at least very very cheap. Other then that it was great.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
"Really nice place in a great area."
Very nice remodel, room, lobby and pool area felt like a hotel that was 2x to 4x the price we paid. Great area if you want to walk to the beach (across the street) or nearby restaurants. Only issues were minor, hallways did smell a bit musty.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Dear Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that location was great for you.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
very good
2 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
EDWIN
"Highway noise in room."
The hotel is pretty and centrally located, close to the airport. The room is nice although on the small side and the bathroom as well. I'm disappointed that they spent all that money remodeling it and didn't put sound proof Windows in the rooms facing Baldorioty de Castro Ave. I was up all nite long due to car noise. Also, very disappointed that they chafe for parking $8 in addition to the "resort" fee...
1 night trip Dec 12, 2015
"Thief"
They don't don't help with my reservation They charged as much as they can for everything
3 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
"My Review"
Hotel was up-dated and clean, close to the beach but far from the down town (if you want to be close to shops, food, crowd this hotel is not where you should be). Problem, when you reserve via hotels.com they give you the lowest floor most undesired room. Either don't work with them or if you do treat all guests the same!
7 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2015
"Great hotel!"
My stay was great! Amenities were great! Complimentary breakfast was very good and rooms were very clean. I will definitely stay here again!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know you had a great time while at our property. Looking forward to welcome you back,
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Adelvi
"Overpriced"
When I stayed here it was Wynn. Had no idea it used to be a Howard Johnson and felt a little decieved by that. Looks like a cheap makeover designed by an expensive decorator but overall nice. Not really worth the $200 I paid for the room. Expect to pay an additional $8 a day for parking and if you book through hotels.com, $25 service charge at checkout.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"Lay over"
Good location.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you Litza. We hope you had a great time!
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
LITZA
"Old dingy rooms trying to be something they're not"
Hallway smelled horrible. Rooms are small and walls are PAPER thin - so you better be ok with hear your neighbor peeing at 2am.
3 night trip Dec 3, 2015
"Rude desk person and worst room available."
We started downhill on this one and just kept going. The person handling check in looked at us like we were on fire. We were still dressed in beach attire and maybe a little road weary, but, we weren't drenched in patchouli. This was day 19 of our Puerto Rican vacation and we were hoping for a quiet night in a recognized hotel after almost 3 weeks of AirBnB's. This was not to happen, she put us on the lowest floor directly above the lobby, next to the elevator. This was easily the worst room in a hotel maybe 40 percent booked. I should have gone downstairs and changed rooms, but, I was tired. We tried to take a nap, but, the guy doing the renovations with the jack hammer was only 3 doors down. We left and had dinner, then went back to the partially converted Howard Johnson, err, I mean Tryp. The rest of the staff we ran into were extremely pleasant including the guy with the air tools. But, now we tried to go to sleep. Apparently, the party was in the lobby which had an amazing echo effect aimed directly at our room. With only one fairly small elevator, the wall next to our room was shaking most of the night. However, we nearly managed to get to sleep due to sheer exhaustion. Nearly. This is when the laser grade LED on the smoke/CO2 detector decided to start its intermittent light show. We enjoyed Puerto Rico and are planning a return trip already. We will not be staying at the Tryp.
Other trip Dec 8, 2015
"A week in PR"
Hotel is in the finishing touches of a renovation. Very sharp and trendy. Room was a tad small, but very comfortable. Hotel was great, other than being stingy with the coffee. (One caffeinated for two people! No bueno!) While the location is across from the beach and there's a few good restaurants within walking distance, it's really better as a central "jumping off" point for touring around San Juan and the whole island, especially if you have a car. Basically, you're two hours from everything in PR.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you for choosing Tryp by Wyndham Isla Verde during your recent stay in beautiful Puerto Rico. We really appreciate your feedback!
6 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
"Satisfy"
Hotel is not far from the airport very convenient. Very clean and front desk person very polite n helpful.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you Evelyn. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We are glad you found our location very convenient and that our staff was helpful.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Evelyn
Very nice place, comfortable, clean, 100% recommend.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Gianfranco
"TRYP by Wyndham, I love it!!!!"
Woww, beautiful, comfy and exceptional service.Love it!!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2015
"Very good for my needs."
I needed a hotel for one night to attend a local wedding. This was the weekend of a boxing fight and most hotels were full. This hotel had just been opened, after a change in administration and remodeling, the prior week. The rate was adequate. It has a semi eclectic decoration, restaurant, pool and fitness center which I did not use. The in-hotel parking was $8.00 in-out as many times as needed, which is a good price for the area. The room and bathroom were clean, the temperature good and the bed comfortable which is all I needed. Only 2 things that were less than ideal. I wanted to get a glass of wine at the bar at 3:30 pm and there was no one at the bar. My room was shower only, no tub, which makes it difficult for shaving legs. On the other hand; the location is very good in Ave Isla Verde. I called the front desk for assistance with my dress and immediately a nice female staff member arrived in the room.
Other trip Nov 23, 2015
Milly
"love it!"
Its very chic and 1 min away from the beach. Perfect !
7 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2015
irma
"Excelent"
It's a excelent hotel great places to go nearby friendly staff i give 5 stars
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Magaly
"It is in a good area to go to casino hotels"
I found disappointing that i found a condom empty package in the night table drawer, it shows that they did not claean the room very well. the hotel offer shows a free breakfast but they had no self service coffee pot like other hotels I have visited. You have to call the girl to bring you some coffee less than half of the cup because they made it from a single cup electric pot they have in the rooms. As we all know 90% of the customers like a full cup of coffee in the morning and most of them like it black. The light in the bathroom mirror is blinding, I think they should have a way to dimm it.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
Jose
"Perfect for the professional traveler!"
The makeover from a Howard Johnson's to a TRYP Windham hotel was almost complete when we stayed there. The rooms were designed for business-tech travelers: several outlets and adapters made plugging in phones, tablets, and other devices convenient! While everything powered up, you could relax on the bed and watch TV in comfort. For the vacationer, close access to the beach, and an excellent downstairs restaurant, made this a delightful spot; as well as location close to Old San Juan.
Other trip Nov 18, 2015
Klatzy
"Lovely boutique hotel."
The hotel is new, the decoration and facilities are magnificent.! I recommend the restaurant, the food is amazing and the service was very on point. But they have to give more training to the front desks staff, they was very nice but a little bit lost on what they supposed to do. Overall my stay was great, I will booked Tryp " again.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Judithmar
"Great spot"
Great service, Hotel just remodeled.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
luis
"ONE OF THE BEST STAYS"
IT WAS A LITTLE HARD TO FIND BECAUSE I CONCENTRATED ON THE MAIN HOTEL SIDE OF THE ROAD. I PAST IT SEVERAL TIMES AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT, DISCARD YOUR DIRECTIONS FROM THE GPS WHICH TELLS YOU TO TURN LEFT ON THE ISLA VERDE ROAD AND TURN RIGHT INSTEAD, PAST THE BURGER KING IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO IT ON YOUR RIGHT
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
The hotel was amazing we really enjoyed the beds, staff, and service. Can't wait to come back.
2 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
cathy
The room and the bathroom was clean. THe layout was a little odd since there was like a lot of empty space.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very conveniently located to the beach which was simply a walk across the road. There were limited amenities close by. The beds were extremely comfortable... wish I had this mattress in my home. My only complaint was I wish the room was a bit more bright. It was very dim. Another standing lamp or pot light by the bar fridge area would be helpful.
2 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2016
Anita
"Overnighter"
Friendly staff. The room was comfortable. Nothing fancy but just what we needed.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
"Small hotel with easy access to the beach"
Small hotel across from the beach. This used to be a Howard Johnson. It is now TRYP by Wyndham. The hotel has recently been completey remodelled. Modern, clean, easy beach access. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate your feedback and it pleases us that you enjoyed our recent remodeling.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Louise
"New, clean and comfortable"
Great. Everything was very new and fresh with nice room and nice pool. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you for your feedback. We ae glad to know you had a great stay while at our property.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2015
"TRYP by Wyndhams Isla Verde, San Juan"
Excellent renovation by Wyndhams on the old 'Howard Johnston' hotel, and renamed as TRYP by Wyndhams Isla Verde. Superb fixtures & fittings throughout makes this feel a luxurious location to stay. The in house Faccio Pizza, and the Emigrante Gastrobar were good quality & value, as there isn't many good restaurants in the immediate neighbourhood. One downside was our room (on 2nd floor) was very close to an elevator that loudly rang out as the elevator stopped on the floor. Notified hotel staff and they said they were aware and working on it....and there were too many pillows on the bed...looked great but sleeping selection wasn't great. Hotel also had very close access to the Isla Verde beachfront. Good choice for us although we only stayed 2 nights, would highly recommend.
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate as it help us improve our future guests' experience. We are glad to know you liked our renovation and restaurants. Please accept our apologies regarding the elevator noise, we are currently working on it. Looking forward to welcome you back!
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Doug
"Nice Hotel in a Convenient Location"
Nice hotel in a convenient location. Pros: - Ample Parking and Reasonably priced for the area - Airport and anything you would possibly need is close by - Front desk and housekeeping staff were all very nice and helpful, when needed - Comfortable Bed - Great water pressure in shower Cons: - Smoke detector in the room gives off a very bright light every 5 seconds. Can be annoying when trying to get to sleep - Elevator noise. My room was fairly far away from the elevator, but I could still hear it quite clearly when in use. I, unfortunately, didn't get a chance to go to any of the restaurants. All in all, I had a great stay, and will definitely use this hotel again when I'm back in the San Juan area.
3 night business trip Nov 15, 2015

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"hotel consigliato a la isla verde"
benone
4 night trip Mar 15, 2016
IT
"Would reccomend it!"
We had one night stay and it was lovely. The bed was really comfortable and the aircon was nice and quiet. Really clean and good size room. The restaurant served a tasty lunch and you had a good selection of roomservice in the evening. The pool area was small but nice. Free luggage storage. The area itself is not very cozy but close to the airport. Taxi is outside and bus stop is on the other side of the road. Overall we were really happy and would reccomend it!
Response by TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is important for us that every guest enjoy their stay and it seems by your review that you enjoyed our property.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
Frida
Hotelli on joulukuussa avattu täysremontin jäljiltä, joten yleistilat ja huoneet olivat todella siistit. Ranta oli lähellä, sieltä sai vuokrattua tarvittaessa rantatuolin (4$) ja aurinkovarjon (10$). Rantapyyhkeet sai hotellin respasta pyytämällä. Hotellissa myös pyykinpesumahdollisuus, pesuaineet tarjottiin hotellin puolesta.
3 night romance trip Mar 9, 2016
Minna
FI
Hyvä hotelli, tosin ympäristö ei ihan paras mahdollinen.
1 night family trip Mar 8, 2016
Juha
FI
"Super"
Super fint by hotel til de få overnatninger.
2 night family trip Feb 29, 2016
Morten
DK
"Tryp Isla Verde Puerto Rico"
This hotel has been refurnish recently so the rate was really good when taking this into account. Installations in general are really nice. The only think I don't like much is the gym that is the same area as the laundry and there is no windows to the outside. The area is good enough, there are some good food options around and the beach is across the street, ideal to take a walk in the morning. It is an excellent option if looking something close to the airport.
4 night business trip Feb 22, 2016