All hotels in Carolina, Puerto Rico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4820 Isla Verde Ave, Carolina, 00979, Puerto Rico, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Great Stay! Not a 4/5 star but would recommend!"
We really enjoyed our stay at HoJo. It is conveniently located less than 10 mins from the airport & San Juan. Has a beautiful beach across the street. We rented some lounge chairs & ordered drinks from a vendor/beach restaurant to the right of the beach walkway. Amazing Pina Coladas! There's stores & restaurants within walking distance as well as casinos. You can even rent a car within walking distance. Great location! Felt safe... Had their free continental breakfast on their top floor (10th) restaurant, typical continental: toast, bagels, pastries, cold & hot cereal, coffee & juice... Amazing beach view! Ther is also an italian restaurant on site that will deliver room service for $2. Great food! We were tired & wanted to relax in our room. The only cons we asked for extra pillows & they didn't have any??? & there was a couple strings of hair in the tub from previous guest...
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"Def. worth checking out."
Great location, nearby to the beach and withing walking distance to other hotels, casinos, bars, clubs and restaurants on isla verde. The staff was very friendly, but could be more knowledgable about what to do in the area other than some vague, touristy information.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
bay
"Garbage hotel"
The elevator was broken the place smell and the rooms where dirty
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
tony
"Close for walking to the beach."
We didn't have any windows in our room. Breakfast was good although the food was gone quickly because of swim teams staying here. The food wasnt replenished very quickly
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"Very Dissatisfied"
When we arrived after flying for 6 hours, the room we had reserved was not available so we were squeezed into a standard room. The next day our junior suite was available at 6 p.m. and by the time we were ready for dinner that night, there was a leak & water was every where and we were put into two standard (one being a handicap suite) for the evening. The next day, they said they had fixed the problem, but it still leaked. The hotel couldn't refund any money since we booked through Hotels.com but did comp us some meals.
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Lidna Johnson
"Good Location; Not so great quality!! Disappointed"
Simply....you pay for what you get. The day of check-in service appeared to be great. ONce walking into the room I noticed it being a bit dull....humid and not very comforting as one of the beds had a horrible mattress that had a DEEP dent in the middle..JUST HORRIBLE! As I'm about to sit down I notice a COCKROACH walking on the bed!!! Immediately we were upset, as any customer would be. However, I realize, things happen, perhaps it was the person that stayed there previously. We gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt and we communicated that to the hotel services. THIS was the MOSt upsetting part.....the fact that the front desk lobby took this lightly. They did not apologize out of courtesy NOR did they offer another room UNTIL WE ASKED. Being that we were there during the holidays it was impossible to book at another hotel SOOO we requested a different room at which was given to us FIVE HOURS LATER. besides this experience.....we were given another room which was similar in Cleanliness but the beds were leveled and we searched around bugs. It was diasspointing to experience a bad service at a Howards Johnson.
3 night trip Dec 26, 2013
PatArt
"Close to shopping"
My daughter and I had flown in for Christmas shopping from Antigua. The hotel was literally 10 minutes away from the Plaza Las Americas Mall. We found the staff very helpful, with nice clean rooms and Wi-Fi .The continental breakfast was fine with fresh pastries and coffee. This hotel is opposite the beach for a nice morning stroll and 5 minutes from the Airport. We will be staying there again on our next shopping trip.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Nicola
"Good hotel"
Nice hotel and good location. Room was clean and the staff was very professional.
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
If you want to stay in isla verde, this place is a nice hotel close to it all, free breakfast, nice pool. overall very nice. dont hesitate.
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2013
Luis
"bad experience after 4 years of staying there !!!"
I thought that they put alot of money on re-doing the restaurant that they forgot the rooms.. I was told that I was getting a nice room with a balcony and what I got was a room that looked to be a room that they use to PARTY when I got in it smelled like moldy and stuffy. I looked to the balcony and it was a slab of empty concrete that just was not appealing and not even a chair to sit and enjoy the huge balcony that they have. the bath tub had burn marks and the rug was so dirty that you good wipe a wet white towel and it will come up black. what a waste of my money !!!!
2 night trip Dec 10, 2013
lazaro perez
"Very Good"
Exelent
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
Victor
"Unfortunate experience"
It was a disappointing experience, which is unfortunate because the staff was very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness of the room was a different matter. Questionable stains were found on the sheets on one bed, while hairs were found on the other bed. The second night, the power was out in the room.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
The staff was EXCELLENT!!!! The location of the hotel to the beach was excellent!! Food choices were plenty including fast food from USA.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
BJ
For the price you can't go wrong. Beach across the street los pinos next door open 24/7 so had a great time in Puerto Rico.
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
"was impressed"
Was very impressed with staff went out of the way to accomodate me and provide the ro I wanted even though one was already assigned staff was pleasant and helpful good jog
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Astrid
"Good for the price..."
If you go to San Juan on a tight budget, this is the place to stay...For less than $100 a night, you will have a fairly decent hotel stay just in the center of Isla Verde. Nice beaches and great restaurants. Do not expect a 4 or 5 star resort. Is just great for sleep over. Good price for parking and no resort fees, so popular in PR.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"great"
percet..would stay again
2 night trip Oct 23, 2013
"Should have tried something else..."
Hotel is very mediocre. Beds had a peculiar stink ad the carpets were always humid. Bad smell in the room due to the humidity. Poor lighting in the room. Old and dirty furniture and appliance. Very small bathroom. Not enough room for 2 people to stand. Very basic breakfast: Bread, Bagel, cream cheese, butter, Milk, Tea, Coffee, Juice, Fruit and Oatmeal. Great Location. I would definitely try something else next time.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"dissapointed hotel stay"
On aarival taken to room that smelled of mold and mildew. complained to management, then taken to a room that was slightly better.Had to go to front desk every morning to get room seviced as housekeeping never came without formal request.. Room had no windows.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
rich
"As expected"
My HJ stay was pretty much as I expected. The rooms weren't the greatest, and the shower and sink faucet both had slow drips, and my AC unit had to be serviced (successfully and quickly) when I arrived. Then again, I wasn't there for lavish treatment. The bed was large, the room was clean, the staff was helpful and kind, and the free breakfast was decent. It is close to several local restaurants and across the street from the beach. I'd stay here again.
4 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Staff is the best i ever experienced."
At first I was not happy with the room they gave me, but once i let them know i was given a better one, in no time. the staff was friendly and courteous and always willing to assist. I recommend it and I will go back to this hotel.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Damaris
"Very happy!"
Clean, comfortable. Great service. Wonderful Staff !!! Loved the breakfast "oatmeal" My 12 year old daughter loved the pool. Yes, I would go back !!
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
B
The hotel nicely located near the airport, major hotel chains and restaurants. The fourth floor hallway had a strong smell of mildew. Our room was feel free and clean. Howard Johnson is not a three or four class hotel, but it works for the price and location. Try Mi Casita restaurant's lunch and dinner selection was great especially the Chicken Monfongo.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Very nice hotel close to the beach"
Excelente hotel for what you Pay for staff is exellent and friendly i would stay here at any time, yes the hotel it's a little beat up but nice rooms spacious the flat tv it's a nice perk to relax at night with a movie
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Julio
"Very close to the beach"
Very friendly staff and close to beach, restaurants and shops. Breakfast was served complimentary every morning on the top floor of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Good but could be better"
The hotel was good. But could have been better. some of the appliances are old and some finishes (especially around the bathroom) could use an update. The location is great though, so taking into consideration what you pay and what you get (breakfast in the 10th floor, AMAZING VIEW included) it wasn't so bad. AC works great too!
2 night trip Sep 2, 2013
Javier
"Near the beach"
I liked because you cross the street and you are in the beach.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
I had a very comfortable and clean room, the staff were very helpful. My only problem was the wifi which was too slow and kept on going on and off.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Nice hotel across the street from the beach"
Hotel had been recently renovated. Plumbing fixtures were a little dated, but worked. Bed was clean and comfortable, business area was adequate and had a new flat screen TV. The Wi-Fi kept going in and out so I kept having to change signals in order to maintain a connection. Overall a good hotel for the price.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Brent
"Not good"
I do not recommend this hotel. The room smelled very bad, like mildew. And there was also a mosquito in the room that kept biting me. The AC also was weird, I thought. Also there were no plates or bowels at breakfast! It was crazy. The only good thing about this hotel is the staff, they were very friendly and nice; they seemed out of place with the hotel since they were so sweet and accomodating.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Its okay I guess..."
The Hotel location is great. The beach is accross the street, youre right on Isla verde avenue plus theres a lot of restaurants close by. However, what I didnt like about the hotel were the rooms. You can literally hear conversation from the room next to you and with our luck the person next door to us was smoking so all of that smoke went through the vents into our room. The pool area was small but nice and the water was warm. Overall you get what you pay for.
5 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Jacky
"We were told to beware of cockroaches...."
In the elevator to our room we were told to beware of cockroaches by a fellow guest who had found 2 in his room the night before. We did not see any ourselves, but the room was cramped, outdated and run down. The staff the night we checked in was nice but then a creepy guy followed us to our room and around the hotel. It was very uncomfortable. I would not go back.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"close to everything"
ok for the price..got room for $70
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
dee
"Great location if you need easy access to airport"
A flight cancellation caused our unexpected stay. The hotel was in a good location to catch a cab to the airport the next morning. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was a little on the dated side, but clean and everything was in good working order. The continental breakfast was a nice perk.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
The front desk and house keeping crew was excellent
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
Francisco
"Nice hotel staff"
The hotel staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Hotel facilities such as gym is lack of cleanliness and organization. the elevator is slow and uncertain and Wi Fi access is slow and difficult.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Besides being overpriced, room was ok. The ad said the hotel was across the street from the beach but in reality the freeway was even closer. The only real complaint like I said was the price. I've stayed at much much cheaper hotels and they were a lot nicer. Oh yeah and the towels had some blood on them from the previous tenant. There was a restaurant in the lobby which was super convenient and the free breakfast in the morning was perfect
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"convinient"
the hotel is just enough if you just want to leave your belongings somewhere safe and secure while youre out in the beach or roaming around PR. it has the basic services you need in a hotel. the only thing is it smells in the hallway like old wet mop and ac vent on the ceiling is leaking like crazy. but otherwise staff are very helpful and efficient. location is the best! literally walking distance to the beach! and the price is reasonable withwhat youre getting. i recommend this hotel if youre not lokking for a spa boutique like hotel!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Joy
"just right for vacation use"
only problem was the parking to small. Need to expand
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
Eve
"Good stay"
I arrived to SJU around MN. Had a reservation and my room was ready, very clean and comfortable. Nice remodeled bathroom. Decent continental breakfast with a nice view on the 10th floor.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
Diana M
"Business Trip"
Close enough to most places visited on business. Centric but at the same time away from the congestion, crowds of visitors.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Traveler1995
"Convenient hotel"
The staff was very friendly, and we were able to check in a little before three...the room was clean but smelled like mold! We informed the person at the counter who explained the smell was due to all the rain they were having. While we tried to be understanding the smell was horrible and made it virtually impossible to sleep. The continental breakfast made up for the inconvenience, we were pleasantly surprised. Again, the staff was very nice, the continental breakfast was good but the hotel needs to be updated and ALL carpeting removed to avoid the humidity odor.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Mia
"Not bad"
I only spent one night there, not bad.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
SSJ
"Last minute reservation and good price."
Good experience in the hotel with the exemption of location due to the fact that when I did the reservation the map showed me the location at other direction, so I spend a lot of time looking for the exact location.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
AMV
"Good for a short stay."
This hotel is good for a short stay. Centrally located and a good value. Clean, good service, nice continental breakfast.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Lily
"Close to beach and the staff was helpful."
The continental breakfast was a plus! I stayed at another nicer hotel while I was there, too, and they did not serve continental breakfast. The staff was courteous and helpful.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"3 night stay with kids"
Not the best exp.... Overall for price it was ok but the room was super muggy and smelly. Clothes in suit cases felt wet.. Not too good! Beds and pillows were comfy...and staff was pleasant!! Breakfast was ok- average! Probably wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
yami
"hotel excellent"
excellent!!!! all, food, service, cleaning, pool, very nice!!! I love it!!
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"hotel"
the overall stay was okay and the hotel staff was very helpful but the building is quite old the ceiling is very low and there is only one elevator for the entire building. The breakfast area had a nice view since it was in the top floor. the bathrooms were outdated and the rooms felt like I was staying at a cheap motel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Alex
"I would stay here again!"
I read mixed reviews about the hotel prior to my stay but the location, right across the street from the beach, plenty of restaurants, a supermarket, gas station, and car rental shop are within a few blocks. The pool and breakfast of oatmeal, cereal, muffins, danishes, fruit, juice, tea, and coffee were my kids favorite parts. We stayed for three nights and loved everyday. A great hotel for the price!
3 night trip Mar 25, 2013