All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
505 Rene-Levesque East, Montreal, QC, H2L5B6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Service!"
Very helpful staff, clean rooms and the location of the hotel is just perfect. I would highly recommend Hotel Le Roberval.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Abhi Bhargava
"Perfect location for Formula One weekend."
Great location. Close to metro which meant only one metro stop from the F1 circuit. Couldn't have been easier getting to the track over the weekend. Clean room, comfy bed. Not the grandest hotel in the city but it served our purpose.
5 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2014
"Good value for price. Safe, convenient location."
This hotel met our needs and I would stay again. Given the price, the value was very good since it included breakfast, was clean, had free wifi, and close to the Berri metro. Staff was friendly and helpful. As other reviewers mentioned, the towels are thin and the hallways can be noisy (we were near a stairwell). Reminded me of a college dormitory. Not complaining since we were very comfortable and sleep well. We stayed in a Studio (Rm 206). Bathroom, kitchen area, wood floors, windows were all very clean and looked new...without grime or mildew like in some older buildings (Le Roberval is an older building). The Studio was plenty of space for my husband and I. Queen sized bed was very comfortable. Soft the way I like it. Had a pillow top mattress pad and clean linens. The continental breakfast was good. Fruit salad (some canned?), yogurt, oatmeal, bread, croissants (plain, chocolate, and fruit), cereals (corn flakes, fruit loops), bagels, fruit juices, coffee. Food was simple and no complaints. Pain au chocolat was excellent which I had everyday. I read so many mixed reviews prior to our stay but I'm glad we selected Le Roberval. Most hotels can be very expensive because of the location. Le Roberval is close to the metro and fun areas within walking distance. This hotel is well priced for the location and the amenities. Simple but clean, comfortable, hospitable and a very good value. We would come back again. Thank you.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Great hotel located two minutes away from MRT"
I wasn't expecting much about this hotel, but once my gf and I opened the door, we were amazed how big the hotel room was. Wifi worked well, room was clean and couldn't ask for more for the room price we paid.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Nick
"Adequate"
The overall experince was ok. Parking was a disaster as we had to park in the underground library car park some distance away. Although the hotel says it has parking it doesn't state that it is limited and on a first in first served basis. Bed blanket had hairs on it. ( not ours!). In general the bed linen and pillions were tired. I don't believe it was the best value for money.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Good stay good location. Bon emplacement"
Bien situé, chambre confortable stationnement près.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Close to everything!"
This hotel in the Quartier Latin is close to the Berri-UQÀM subway station, where 3 lines converge which gives you access to basically everything. Garage in and out privileges are also straight forward and useful. Check in is a bit late, but so is checkout, which is much appreciated. Good amount of closets when 3 adults are sharing a 2 queen room. Close enough to walk to the Plateau or Vieux Montréal. Multi-lingual staff was very courteous and obliging of my efforts to conduct business in French despite my limited ability.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
The staff was excellent. The day staff more knowledgeable about tours, etc. than the night person. It felt like I was staying in an apartment. The free CONTINENTAL breakfast was a perfect way to begin the day. Loved the kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, and everything needed to prepare a meal and dine. Would definitely stay at Hotel Le Roberval again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Close to downtown."
A quick walk to the metro, nice furniture and the room had a kitchenette which was good. The hotel smelled like paint though.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
I'm really glad i stayed here. The staff was so nice and helpful, and the room itself was clean and had its own kitchen!!! In addition, the hotel was walking distance from a lot of places-- i was able to walk to chinatown, downtown, Notre Damme Basilica (which everyone visiting Montreal SHOULD visit, it's beautiful).
5 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Good economy hotel"
Very serviceable hotel. Great location.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
boston traveler
"What a joke"
This hotel has false advertising written all over it. I wouldn't even recommend this place to my worst enemy. A group of five of us reserved the suite, which has two bedrooms and a pull out sofa, so in total it accommodates 6. Once we checked in, the RUDE front desk said no no no, he only sees a reservation for 2 people. mind you, the room was confirmed the night prior, and someone at the front desk said yes, we are all set for five people. The guy made a huge deal, not wanting to give us anymore tickets for the "free continental breakfast" (which mind you, we never were issued more then two tickets, and we never even used them). the room was comfortable, but nothing lavish. the location was great, very central to everything we wanted to do. the best part was check out...when the lady at the front desk decided she was going to charge us an extra $90 because no one told her that there was more than 2 people in the room. really, you mean after we made the reservation, called to confirm, checked in with 5 people, you didn't know there were five people staying in a suite made for 6? when we asked the lady at the front desk, why would 2 people rent a suite made for six, she literally said "we get that all the time, sometimes people like the change the room they sleep in and want more space" she said there was no possible way we confirmed the room, and that the guy who checked us in probably didnt know we had five. utterly disgusting customer service skills. horrible.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Sara
Great location and nice room with large space.
3 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
"Good location!"
Hotel was in good location where we could walk to all we needed to see.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Good quality hotel in very good location"
I was very pleased with my stay - I didn't expect to get such great room - relatively inexpensive and in the center of Montreal in working distance from everything.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
Tatiana
Nice hotel. Close to subway, restaurants. additional parking required.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Great location, friendly staff"
Given how expensive hotels were in old town Montreal, I was happy to find le Roberval within walking distance to old town as well as Latin Quarter. Another important factor was availability of parking even for a fee. There is a metro station, within a few blocks if you don't want to walk and many public buses right by the hotel. Breakfast offered was simple but very satisfying. We also had a full kitchen with all the utensils available for use.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2013
"Close to the metro, a stone's throw from the river"
Helpful and friendly staff, eager to answer questions about the surrounding area or to accomodate your room requests. The parking situation was fine, there was a business operating behind the hotel that had ample parking. I explained that I needed to keep my car parked for three days as I would be using the metro, and I was charged a certain sum and directed to a garage. The parking service is cash only, but there is an ATM right next door in a Des Jardins bank. There's a fee applied if it is suspected that you smoke in the room. Two liquid soap dispensers and a shower cap are in the bathroom, so bring other toiletries if needed. The room came with a small kitchen (sink, microwave and refrigerator), but you'll be charged for using their dishes if they are not cleaned afterward.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Jon
"Nice location, friendly staff"
This hotel has a wonderful location and provide a decent breakfast. The staff is pretty friendly and helpful, highly recommend it!
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Close to great things... LOUD neighborhood..."
It was LOUD... VERY LOUD... felt a little unsafe seemed like a rough neighborhood. Close walk to great things though. Staff was nice.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"We were very pleased"
We were very pleased with our stay. Our kids (8 and 10 years old) had no trouble with the 10 minute walk to Old Montreal, which gave us plenty of choices for activities and restuarants. It is one block from a Metro station, so the rest of Montreal was accessable, too. We would stay here again.
4 night trip Jul 1, 2013
"Great hotel for the price"
Really no complaints. Hotel with few frills but it did the job. It was clean, had a small kitchenette, and had an adequate breakfast. Great location just one block from the Montreal metro so it was very convenient. Area around the hotel was nice and safe, but just as an FYI the gay district is starts just two blocks east. Some people just may want to be aware...
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Real close to the Metro"
The best part of this hotel is that it is close to the the metro BerriUQAM station which has multiple lines and is a central location. It is just a couple of stops away on the Cote Vertu line to the Vieux Montreal sites such as Notre Dame and Point Calliere and the numerous fine dining establishments in that area including a wonderful Chinese tea house. It also lets you get to Mont Real on the second line to Agringon including the St Joseph Oratorie and Macgill via the Snowden junction that is on both lines. The only slight negative is that we landed on a holiday and most restaurants were closed except for a couple frequented by students where the food was not all that great. Also Berri and the BUQAM station are frequented by pan handlers but at the same time there was a lot of police presence. Watch out for rates when Montreal hosts one of its many fetsivals. Overall a very convenient place to stay and see the sights and enjoy the food in Montreal
3 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Nice hotel."
We had nice and clean two bedroom unit with kitchen and balcony. Convinient location in city center.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
elena
Breakfast croissants were the best and perfect taste together with room kitchenette. Possible to cook and this hotel is within the walking distance from Vieux Montreal.
2 night family trip May 31, 2013
"Hotel Le Roberval"
I enjoy the large room, the kitchenette, and the breakfast included with the price, free WiFi, and the helpfulness of the staff. I would prefer better lighting. While the desk has good lighting, the table and kitchen area need a lamp as the overhead light is not adequate. Another small quibble is that to squeeze the bathroom soap dispenser is hard for older and somewhat arthritic hands. Options for soap, shampoo and lotions would be greatly appreciated. (I didn't ask but having stayed previously, I brought my own) Still a comfortable, affordable place to stay, near the metro to everywhere.
4 night trip May 23, 2013
Anne
"Very close to the old ports and other attractions."
In general, it's a good place to come back again. My only comment is the air condition is too noisy. if you turn it off and open the window, the traffic will be also noisy at night cos It's alongside the street and the night life in Montreal is very impressive.
2 night family trip May 18, 2013
"Basic, simple accomodations"
If you're looking for fancy accommodations, this isnt it, but if you're looking for simple, basic accommodation, a great value for the price. Very basic continental breakfast. Easy access to 747 bus to airport and public transport. Easy access to food/shopping etc.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"nice little hotel"
nice little hotel - good location - friendly staff
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Al

"Go, stay!"
clean, spacious & comfortable room, staff was very helpful, quiet and nice hotel overall. convinent location. I don't have any complaint from the hotel. Definitely recommend the stay if you don't want to spend lots of but want comfortable stay.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Expected More for the Money"
Overall, it's not that this hotel was awful - the location is fantastic, and the staff was friendly enough - but with parking it came to close to $200 for the night. At that price, the bar should be set a little higher. The hotel looks like it was an old apartment building that was converted, which is fine, but the room still looked and felt like an old apartment. The bed was only a Queen, there was no tv in the bedroom (and the one in the living room portion had 10 local channels), the street noise was fairly loud, and the shower emitted a high-pitched whining sound whenever you used the hot water. The complimentary breakfast was fine, but they need to ventilate the room (the room was filled with a grey haze of smoke after 10 or 15 people used the toaster). In the end, it seems to me they should be charging $99-$109/night, not what they are.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Cdn Traveller
"Round the Roberval Hotel"
Perfect location to Bus depot, subway hub, walk to St. Catherine Street stores, shopping, cinemas, and cafes. Noisy corner if window open. Safe and active pedestrian area. Wish they provided shampoo, body lotion samples cause I travelled v light. Had a problem figuring out how to access the soap dispenser!?
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
pat
"Best Location, Good Staff"
Hotel is nearly the main metro station Berri UQUM walking around 4 min. My room is the 1st floor it clean but air conditioner is old and very noisy. Staff very kind and helpfully. Security is good with key card. Breakfast so normally in this room price.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Nice hotel in Downtown"
Very good budget hotel in Montreal. We were more than pleasant for the price/value of the hotel. We recommend this hotel with gusto.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Anibe
"The female desk clerk on Saturday was very helpful"
i was a bit disappointed with my room being on the first floor by the side door and the street level, considering I booked my room nearly a month in advance.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2015
Pierre
"Nice surprise"
This hotel was a nice surprise, well located, clean, nice breakfast. I went with my parents and we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Val
"nice, clean and friendly hotel"
just a small stop between Quebec city and Toronto
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2015
"Excellent Hotel.....I highly recommend it"
I really like this hotel, the room was clean upon checking, the front desk staff members were very friendly. The hotel is close to Beri Uqam Metro station, and within walking distance to many bars and clubs on east Saint-Catherine St. My room had had kitchen, separate living room and bedroom. I highly recommend this hotel, I had not issues with this hotel. It's like having your own condo apartment, excellent location, excellent service. The only thing negative I would say about this hotel is, I wish each condo unit had a balcony view...my unit did not have a balcony view, and they need to add more channel to the TV...satellite...no CNN or ESPN.
2 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Great service, great location. Parking is expensive.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Greg
"Overall generally good"
I stayed at the hotel for two nights. I'd give this hotel an overall grading of B/B-. The good: Room was clean - clean floors, clean washroom. Beds are comfortable. Location is good - walking distance to Old Town Montreal and Old Port. Two of the receptionists were kind and helpful. For a short stay, it's good. The less than good: It's an older building, so people who get congested easily might find a stay here a bit uncomfortable. Breakfast is included, but it's the same every day without anything substantial - toast, juice, yogurt, two cereals - and the toaster burns your toast ridiculously quickly. Parking is provided, but the parking lot is ridiculously tiny and even though it's an allegedly two-way entrance into the lot, only one car can BARELY! fit in the entrance and the winding path down to the levels. Would stay again for a short stay next time I'm in Montreal. But definitely skipping their breakfast for an awesome crepe in the Old Town!
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
Good area to visit center Montreal
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Quyen
"Safe comfortable place to stay In the city"
Small hotel with small rooms but clean, comfortable and safe. Wifi typically slow and frustrating. Parking $20 per night and you'd better have a very small car to fit in the underground park. Pay more for a medium to large car.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Neil
"Terrible experience"
This hotel doesn't have their own parking. You have to pay $20/night to park at the next hotel. The underground parking is extremely small, the path is very narrow. The hotel staff is not friendly at all. The location is very convenience. It is close to old port & China town. Overall, I won't recommend it to my friends.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Monica
"Clean Hotel with Friendly Staff"
The Hotel was a bargain compared to many so we figured it would not be Fancy and was not... However, it Did have Parking(tight, our car got scraped), a Premium in that area! Also it was Very Close to the Areas we wished to see, China Town, The Village, Old Montreal, etc. and also to the Metro, and we Felt Safe! The Room was small, but nice, split into a small kitchen with full bath, and separate bedroom. The Condition of the building was fair to good, it needed a few things repaired, but nothing major. The Refrigerator worked Well, and we had Plenty of Ice, but it made a Loud Bang every now and then, but the Bedroom had a door which closed off the sound... We notified the staff and I am sure it was fixed by now. But Everything we Needed, and Wanted was there, and the Room was Clean and AC Cold, plus Perfectly Situated!! I would Definitely stay here again, and Quickly recommend it to others wanting a Clean, Efficient Room, in a Great Old Building, centrally located to Everything! Glad we chose it. C. Fox
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Carl
You get what you pay for. Great location and price
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Tony
Good location! Bed and sofa bed not very comfortable but it's air conditioned!
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Lucky find in Downtown Montreal"
My wife and I were extremely happy to find a room late in the afternoon especially in the heart of Montreal at such a busy festival time. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had to take a whole suite as it was the last available but it was certainly spacious and comfortable. The rate was very reasonable and I would certainly stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
lary
"Good Hotel for short stays in Montreal"
Great location in the middle of downtown Montreal, close to Metro and bus stops. From this location you could get anywhere in Montreal in less then hour using public transit. Walking distance to Old Montreal and China Town. It does however lack amenities like a swimming pool and fitness centre. A good hotel for short stays, and is ideally located. Staff spoke English and French so communication was never a problem.
10 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Edwin
"Clean, convenient and worth the money!"
Hotel Le Roberval was in a great location - 15 minute walk to the Jazz Festival area and 15 minute walk to Old Montreal. Lots of reasonable restaurants in the area,grocery store etc. nearby. The metro was less than 5 minutes away. The Gamelin Park had performances everyday. St. Catherine's was closed to traffic at this end for several blocks of art displays. Parking was easily arranged by the hotel at about $ 17 a day. Room was clean and comfortable. We would stay again.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Gayle
"Spacious and reasonable priced hotel"
Booked a two-bedroom suite. Spacious and clean. Big kitchenette with full-sized fridge. Asked for a quiet room and was given one. Location was quite good. Some staff was very friendly although one or two of them were not helpful when we had enquiries. Bed was too soft though. Not suitable for those with back problems.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015