All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
"ballsy pricing"
A nice hotel in a nice location. 1. They we're doing some updating. I wish this was more evident in the Hotels.com write ups. A bit pricey for a deluxe single meant 6 X 12 foot room with 4 X 4 attached bath. For over 900$ for 4 nights over a weekend. I'm thinking not best value. They did have free Internet and seemed to be only slightly over priced to competitors. If competition's rooms are big enough to swing a cat then.... Also, travelers should be on alert I'm finding that hoteliers are not providing Hotels.com guest with their best room/for price and level. I have challenged this when checking in and got what I deserved.
4 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Beautiful public spaces, tight rooms"
Great location across from Kensington Gardens and just around the corner from 2 good tube stations. The neighborhood is a multicultural, vivacious experience with something for everyone. The BigBus Hop-on, Hop-off picks up just down the street. Staff was very friendly, always trying to be helpful. Public spaces were full of old world charm and breakfast was incredible if slightly pricey. Save yourself a couple £ and buy it in advance. But on the negative, we were in a club room ground floor that stayed cold with a dreary view of a small courtyard with no direct sun and only used for storage of old water bottles. With just a couple plants, It could be so quaint. Instead, Clear glass made for embarassing moments when they started showing workmen the area early AM and I was just getting dressed. If the beds were six inches shorter, we probably wouldn't have felt as claustrophobic but as it were, our shoulders brushed the walls just to walk from the desk to the bathroom. They used every available space in the bathroom and the tubs are deep and comfy but truthfully, I've been in bigger ones in inside rooms on a cruise ship. If you want a washcloth, bring your own. I'd love to give them a better review, the staff were incredible and public rooms were dreamy but the bedroom suites would make you long for the spaciousness of Harry Potter's cupboard under the stairs. My best advice is to check your room before signing on the dotted line.
4 night family trip May 11, 2014
Elizabeth & Dianne
"Gorgeous and convenient location"
The hotel was perfect for my needs. The room was small but comfortable, clean and quiet. The hotel is on a lovely street near Queensway and just across from Hyde Park. Close to several tube stations. Gorgeous lobby.
3 night trip May 2, 2014
Sandra
"Beautiful areas, but room was too small"
The location is great, close to the tube stations(Bayswater and Queensway) and close to Asian and Italian restaurants. The Building was beautiful, the staff were helpful. But the room was very small, no room to move around. And there is an exit next to my room which is only for staffs use. The staffs smoked outside the exit, which made my room full of smoke when I was back in the evening.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Nice Quaint Hotel"
Nice and quaint hotel but make sure breakfast is including otherwise it can be very expensive for slim pickings. Hotel is very nicely located next the park. Rooms are very small but love the atmosphere of the lobby and architecture. Good service!
4 night trip Apr 20, 2014
"Air Conditioning is only seasonal and no windows"
I chose this hotel over other similar ones as it had air conditioning. However after complaining twice I was finally told that this is not turned on in March so when I tried to put it on I just got hot air blown out. Also window did not open so room was stifling until I turned so called A/C off. It then took 1 hour in which I had to leave door to hallway open for room to cool down to be just hot rather than unbearable. As room was very small , although I did not go for cheapest rate, I felt at times that I was running out of oxygen. Other points were no natural light in my room. The one narrow window had a curtain that was fixed at both top and bottom (as it looked out on a junk yard). Also no lift to my floor so had to carry heavy suitcase down narrow steep stairs. Overall not a good experience although on plus side breakfast room was nice and bathroom was new and designer looking.
2 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
ruth
"love London and the Grand Royale!"
everything about our stay at the Grand Royale was perfect - the staff were very helpful, the building is beautiful, the location was perfect because it is close to the tube (two tube stops right around the corner) and to the bus stop. the one and only 'problem' was how small the room was. comfortable, but very small. perfect for sleeping, but no room for moving around.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Kris
"Great hotel, great location"
This is a beautiful, clean hotel in a great location with easy access to tube stations, pubs, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful. You can use the computer downstairs, or your own devices by connecting to the wi-fi. Be advised, the rooms are small, the beds are quite firm, and the pillows are a bit flat, but for the competitive price and included services/amenities, it'd be difficult to find something better in this area.
4 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
"Best is close to Hyde Park"
Old converted house, which translates to uneven floors (ie go down 2 stairs walk 5m and go up 2 stairs). Special on breakfast was good. 12.15pm the maid knocked telling me checkout was 12 and plz go - I was just leaving. The room was amazingly small. Would neither recommend nor return.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
Nice staff, very clean room, good location. Room 111 would be good room for single traveler. However, my wife and I were there together and it was VERY small for two people. Hotel may have other larger rooms, but check .
3 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2013
"HORRIBLE"
Don't stay here..Spent 4 nights and after touring Ireland/ Paris and Edinburgh Scotland for many nights staying in several hotels on the same vacation..This one is by far the worst..I felt I lived in a closet. Yes I'm used to small hotels..Manhattan etc..Don't let the online photos fool you..
4 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Jan
The location is great, very close to Bayswater and Queensway tube stations. However, the room was very small and had two twin beds pressed against each other. There were splatters on the wall that looked like a beverage had been spilled and the cleaning of the room was hit or miss. The temperature was another issue; the room was hot (and had a window that didn't open) but we could not turn on the air conditioning because they said the building's system allowed for heat or A/C to be run, and other guests had complained of being cold. Also, there's no elevator service to the second floor rooms, which is a problem if you have reduced mobility.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"A good choice in the Bayswater area"
This trip was a sentimental journey for us, and this hotel was chosen because it represents the nicer parts of memories of student days in Bayswater some 40 years ago. Reading others' experiences in the tiny rooms that London is famous for - we opted for the slightly larger room option and had a "club room," small but newly-renovated and offering space in which a cat could actually be spun around in should one choose to be so gross. Bayswater remains an international melting pot that is close to Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park with great access to the tube. The main floor of the hotel has a drawing room/library that is a joy to sit in, and sports a computer that while slow and sometimes difficult to navigate is a boon to those of us traveling without a laptop.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
Evelyn
"Interesting"
This hotel has an old look entrance and lobby. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The rooms are small compared to American standards, but they have everything you need. I love the location, close to the underground, tube. Many restaurants in the area, very enjoyable area across Hyde Park.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Greg
2 tube stations within 100 yards, 8 minute wlk to paddington, fantastic breakfast Many restaurants close by, Hyde park right across the street Great place to stay
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
jeff
"Great location - great wifi"
We stayed here for a few nights at the end of a month long European vacation. The lobby is very "English" looking with dark wood paneling. We tried the breakfast on the first day, and it was very good, but we felt it was a bit overpriced at 15 Pounds. We ate the rest of the time in cafes for about half that price. The hotel is located very close to Queensway road, which is chock full of places to eat. Staff was very nice and helped us get oriented on the first day, answering all our questions. The underground stations are close enough to walk, but not so close that the street in front of the hotel is crowded. Room was neat and clean, but the smallest room we had in Europe, including our riverboat, but it was big enough for us and quiet. Internet WiFI was fast and free. We chose this neighborhood because it was close to Paddington Station, which is where we arrived and departed. It's close enough to take the underground, but we took a taxi for about 10 Pound, and are glad we did because the underground's stairs and escalators were crowded and narrow, and would have been stressful with luggage. (even our small bags). Considering the days and days I poured over hotel listings in greater London looking for the right one, I do not think you can find a better value than this one. A free breakfast for 5-10 pound more per night per room, would make it 5 stars in my book. Regardless we will stay there again, and can recommend it to anyone.
3 night trip Sep 10, 2013
Jim Linder
"Great hotel, if you spend allyour time outside"
Hotel was in a great convenient location, a block from Hyde Park and a huge street with a zillion ethnic restaurants, Bayswater station and shops. Hotel is old and historic, but the main negative is VERY small rooms, narrow halls etc. Other than that it is fine
4 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Dana
Good location next to tube. Reception staff very helpful. Room was the "club room" Though small, it was nicely appointed and quiet.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2013
W.Schiff
Great historic hotel. I loved staying there and will stay again.The only complaint was that all the pillows were very hard and uncomfortable.
4 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Suzanne
the rooms were too small.
5 night trip Sep 26, 2013
jd
"Easy to Access, Quite Small"
The good: Great location a bit over a block walk from three different tube lines (Central, Circle and District). Quite a few late night spots to eat within that same distance. The hotel staff were VERY attentive and helpful, and friendly as well. The bad: Our first room, as others have mentioned, was beyond even the European standard for tiny. As I paid for a "superior" room with a queen bed, and had a full bed and no room for even our two suitcases, we did ask for another room, and they were able to accommodate us the following day. The second room did have quite a bit more room, and a wardrobe, which was a huge help. The rooms were very clean - the sinks had some dirty spaces behind them based on the shape of the sink itself, but not that bad. The previously mentioned issues with the lack of a shower curtain (and instead a tiny piece of glass covering only a foot or so of the tub width) was really irritating, but we just used more towels on the floor to deal with this. We did not eat at the hotel or use any other amenities. The ugly: None to speak of. The hotel was quite nice and I would stay there again!
4 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Annette
"Stayed in Club Room 39"
The hotel lobby was nice and had plenty of space if you wanted to relax. We booked Club Room 39 in September 2013 and it was very small. Understanding that most European hotels have small rooms, I was prepared for this in advance. However, the bathroom was exceptionally small- think airplane small with additional space added for a shower. The shower was so tiny that the shower curtain was always sticking to your body if you moved in any one direction. The toilet was arranged in such a manner that your knees would be pushed against the door- provided there was enough room. Instead, you had to turn your body a little sideways. Let's just say that I used another bathroom. I have never requested another hotel room and if it weren't for my wife stopping me, it would have been my first time. I don't know if the other rooms were this bad. Let's hope they are not.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
victor
"Incredibly small room, could not fit in the desk"
To avoid especially for business: I could not even fit in the desk!
4 night trip Sep 24, 2013
"Inadequate services hotel but close to Hyde Park"
All but one hotel staff totally non helpful. Limited services.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Bluntley
"Great older hotel"
Great character, good location, and all the rooms were modern and comfy. I would definitely come here again!
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
sjg
"Very enjoyable!"
The employees were very nice. Fun little bar after a long day out. Room was small but fine since we were gone most of the time. Tube very close. Nottinghill very close.
5 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Nice hotel by Hyde Park, Bayswater Shops & Tube"
The room was comically small, which is typical in London, but everything was clean with sufficient electrical outlets. The staircase is gorgeous, with lots of stained glass, and the lobby is very spacious. The staff is very attentive and professional.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Easy access to tube stations and Hyde Park"
Hotel is beautifully decorated, gorgeous wood panel lobby and furnishings. Rooms are clean, modern, well appointed, though our room was very small. Being that the hotel itself was not our destination, but the base for our sightseeing, the size was not important to us. Bed was comfortable, linens were nice, there was tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits ("cookies" to Americans) and toiletries were replenished as needed. Staff was helpful. Hyde Park is at the end of the block and two tube stations are within easy walking distance with lots of shops and places to eat. If we get to visit London again, we would stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2013
"London hotel close to Hyde park"
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in London, especially those who are travelling by themselves. My room was very small, but it had everything that I needed. The breakfast was also very good and convenient. Close to Hyde park and around the corner from the Underground.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Very good hotel with great location"
Although I'm sure this wasn't a regular problem, when we arrived we were sent to another hotel because they had a problem with the water, obviously they payed for the cab and the other hotel was very near. The cleaning service could be better and the rooms are very small, but as everyone says, this is common in London. On the other hand the lobby is great, overall the hotel is in very good condition and the staff is very helpful. The location is great, and the neighborhood is very nice despite the street of the subway which is not so great.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Ramiro
"Not Satisfied"
My stay at this hotel from the time I got to the reception to the time that I left was poor.
4 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
"Extremely disappointing"
I traveled as a single. Stayed there before and after the trip, total 6 nights. Room before the trip was very small. Hallway outside the room was noisy. Every door closing was heard all day and night long. The hotel breakfast was unnecessarily expensive. The room on the second stay was even smaller. Bed was up against a window, there was no desk, a tiny storage area that was completely inadequate. With my one suitcase, there was no way to get around in the room. I've seen jail cells that were larger. The bathroom was modern, but to stand in front of the sink and used the mirror for shaving, you had to stand one foot in the shower. The staff was polite and friendly and helpful, but I would never stay here again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Okay Hotel"
The hotel was aesthetically pleasing with it's wood interior and decor. There is a lift (elevator) and it's opposite the stairs. The hotel staff was rather stand-offish. A little thing that bothered me was the cleaning staff. My friend and I had a pizza in our room. There are no large trash cans in the room so we couldn't throw it away and left it out (cover open to show it was empty), hoping the room cleaning staff could dispose of it. They didn't, and on top of that they re-opened the window we had closed. Struggling to find a trash can to throw the box away in ourselves seemed to please the cleaning staff who on their next visit allowed us to keep the window closed instead of re-opening it. Other than all that it was an okay place to stay. I think I'll try somewhere else next time. The rooms are an okay size for 1-2 people if you're only bringing carry-on luggage (as we did). If you're bringing one or more large check-in bags the available space will be a serious problem for you. We just barely had room to set our two carry-on bags down. When we arrived at the hotel the staff saw us struggling with our luggage up the steps but didn't bother to even acknowledge us until we made it all the way to the counter.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Convenient location, but not worth the price"
I was unimpressed with this hotel--it wasn't terrible, but I had quite a few minor complaints. We were stuck in a basement room, which had a window overlooking the side of an unattractive and shabby building. The room and bathroom were both very small but tolerable, and there was some noticeable wear on the corners of the rooms. The shower lacked a curtain and proved to be very messy. The room also did not have a clock, but I suppose that this would not be a problem for most. We found mysterious mold-like substances on some bath towels and pillowcases. The wi-fi was patchy. Overall, I would not come again: although this hotel is not expensive, I would rather spend extra money on a better-kept hotel room with more amenities.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel"
We came to this hotel after doing 30 days of travelling in hostels, campsites and bungalows. The hotel was within walking distance from 2 tube stations as well as many wonderful asian restaurants. The entire hotel was very nice except for the carpet in the hallways and the fact that the hallways were very skinny to move suitcases through. But the room was lovely with a very comfy bed and clean showers.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Vanessa
"Very handy for the subway"
I thought that I was going to have a problem with this hotel as my Garmin wouldn't take the address and the Post Code sent me into a back alley. However, upon finding it, everything went well. The interior of the hotel reception gives you the feel of a historic mansion, I mean this in a good sense. The bedroom was small bit I had reserved a single anyway, so this was expected. The only real let down was the use of a very narrow glass screen to shield the rest of the bathroom from the shower. This just didn't work. However the air conditioning did and that was a great plus. The location was great with Kensington Gardens just 50 yards away for the walkers and runners and a massive variety of restaurants was located on Queensway which runs behind the hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Awesome hotel"
Beautiful hotel in a great location! The breakfast was pricy but worth it!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"2nd hotel in London"
Beautiful lobby, good location, comfortable bed, good bathroom, great staff.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Rob
"Great deal for London"
On small side--like most London hotels--but more than adequate; great location; very convenient to two Underground lines plus some shops and restaurants; good a/c plus window that opened! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2013
SSafe
"Wonderful location!"
Had a wonderful experience as a single traveler. Great location, and very close to transportation.
6 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Good value, good location"
Rooms are small by American standards but all the amenities are there. Staff quite helpful. Older building has great charm and character and rooms are updated. Very close to the underground which made it quite convenient. Nice neighborhood as well.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great Hyde Park Location"
lovely place, great neighborhood, helpful staff. Breakfast price too high, better deals all around neighborhood.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Great location! Very clean. Great price!"
Very convenient. Clean. Nice furniture. Classic London hotel.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
carlos
"Much better than expected"
There have been some good and some bad reviews about this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is nice and the room was good for a low-mid price London hotel. I didn't care about hotel amenities like eating in the hotel, since it is literally 2 mins from Queensway which has pubs and restaurants galore. It's also 2 mins from the Queensway tube station which was perfect. The only negative things I could say would be that the Queensway tube station is one of those annoying stations with only lifts instead of escalators, and that for some weird reason, when you opened the door to our room you immediately had to walk up 3 stairs to get to the bedroom. The bathroom was on the hall level. It wasn't a problem for us at all, just a little strange. If you have issues with stairs, you would want to ask for a room without this issue. A/C worked well which is important in London in July. All in all a good experience!
5 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2013
I visit the City, not the Hoet, coming from the hospitality backround, I have differnet expectations, however - I enjoyed my visit and teh hotel is secondary.
4 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Close to tube stations and bus stops"
Close to tube stations and bus stops. Interesting neighborhood. Staff very friendly and helpful. None that I met speak English as their first language, which can be challenging. I overheard at least two guests come in and the hotel did not have their reservations.....rooms very clean, but very crowded. Refrigerator :-) in room. Safe in room but so high it was impossible for me to see into it and difficult to use it. When I asked for a taxi, they called a hired car instead. I HATE IT when hotels do that!
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Pat
"Just what we needed"
A hotel like this is all about expectations. The hotel itself is very nice. Great atmosphere in the lobby. The staff was wonderful helping me get a rude to the airport and holding our bags for us. The room is small, which I knew going into it. It was just my wife and I and it was cramped. Being that we were sightseeing, we did not spend much time in the room. I would stay again if I were in London.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
The hotel was really convenient to the Underground, Hyde Park and numerous restaurants and attractions. The rooms were tiny, especially the bathroom but were comfortable, quiet and air conditioned. Staff were courteous and service was good. Rates were reasonable for this London location.
7 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"great location"
london was great the park was right next to the hotel
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Excellent Stay in London"
This hotel was perfect for me. On a surprisingly warm weekend in London I was grateful for the air-conditioned rooms. The fronte desk staff were incredibly helpful - answering all my questions and giving me directions. I was hoping to find a hotel that I could return to again on future visits and I think I have. I plan to return again in September.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013