All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1-9 Inverness Terrace, London, England, W2 3JP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very enjoyable!"
The employees were very nice. Fun little bar after a long day out. Room was small but fine since we were gone most of the time. Tube very close. Nottinghill very close.
5 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Nice hotel by Hyde Park, Bayswater Shops & Tube"
The room was comically small, which is typical in London, but everything was clean with sufficient electrical outlets. The staircase is gorgeous, with lots of stained glass, and the lobby is very spacious. The staff is very attentive and professional.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Easy access to tube stations and Hyde Park"
Hotel is beautifully decorated, gorgeous wood panel lobby and furnishings. Rooms are clean, modern, well appointed, though our room was very small. Being that the hotel itself was not our destination, but the base for our sightseeing, the size was not important to us. Bed was comfortable, linens were nice, there was tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits ("cookies" to Americans) and toiletries were replenished as needed. Staff was helpful. Hyde Park is at the end of the block and two tube stations are within easy walking distance with lots of shops and places to eat. If we get to visit London again, we would stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2013
"London hotel close to Hyde park"
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in London, especially those who are travelling by themselves. My room was very small, but it had everything that I needed. The breakfast was also very good and convenient. Close to Hyde park and around the corner from the Underground.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Very good hotel with great location"
Although I'm sure this wasn't a regular problem, when we arrived we were sent to another hotel because they had a problem with the water, obviously they payed for the cab and the other hotel was very near. The cleaning service could be better and the rooms are very small, but as everyone says, this is common in London. On the other hand the lobby is great, overall the hotel is in very good condition and the staff is very helpful. The location is great, and the neighborhood is very nice despite the street of the subway which is not so great.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Ramiro
"Not Satisfied"
My stay at this hotel from the time I got to the reception to the time that I left was poor.
4 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
"Extremely disappointing"
I traveled as a single. Stayed there before and after the trip, total 6 nights. Room before the trip was very small. Hallway outside the room was noisy. Every door closing was heard all day and night long. The hotel breakfast was unnecessarily expensive. The room on the second stay was even smaller. Bed was up against a window, there was no desk, a tiny storage area that was completely inadequate. With my one suitcase, there was no way to get around in the room. I've seen jail cells that were larger. The bathroom was modern, but to stand in front of the sink and used the mirror for shaving, you had to stand one foot in the shower. The staff was polite and friendly and helpful, but I would never stay here again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Okay Hotel"
The hotel was aesthetically pleasing with it's wood interior and decor. There is a lift (elevator) and it's opposite the stairs. The hotel staff was rather stand-offish. A little thing that bothered me was the cleaning staff. My friend and I had a pizza in our room. There are no large trash cans in the room so we couldn't throw it away and left it out (cover open to show it was empty), hoping the room cleaning staff could dispose of it. They didn't, and on top of that they re-opened the window we had closed. Struggling to find a trash can to throw the box away in ourselves seemed to please the cleaning staff who on their next visit allowed us to keep the window closed instead of re-opening it. Other than all that it was an okay place to stay. I think I'll try somewhere else next time. The rooms are an okay size for 1-2 people if you're only bringing carry-on luggage (as we did). If you're bringing one or more large check-in bags the available space will be a serious problem for you. We just barely had room to set our two carry-on bags down. When we arrived at the hotel the staff saw us struggling with our luggage up the steps but didn't bother to even acknowledge us until we made it all the way to the counter.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Convenient location, but not worth the price"
I was unimpressed with this hotel--it wasn't terrible, but I had quite a few minor complaints. We were stuck in a basement room, which had a window overlooking the side of an unattractive and shabby building. The room and bathroom were both very small but tolerable, and there was some noticeable wear on the corners of the rooms. The shower lacked a curtain and proved to be very messy. The room also did not have a clock, but I suppose that this would not be a problem for most. We found mysterious mold-like substances on some bath towels and pillowcases. The wi-fi was patchy. Overall, I would not come again: although this hotel is not expensive, I would rather spend extra money on a better-kept hotel room with more amenities.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
"Beautiful Hotel"
We came to this hotel after doing 30 days of travelling in hostels, campsites and bungalows. The hotel was within walking distance from 2 tube stations as well as many wonderful asian restaurants. The entire hotel was very nice except for the carpet in the hallways and the fact that the hallways were very skinny to move suitcases through. But the room was lovely with a very comfy bed and clean showers.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Vanessa
"Very handy for the subway"
I thought that I was going to have a problem with this hotel as my Garmin wouldn't take the address and the Post Code sent me into a back alley. However, upon finding it, everything went well. The interior of the hotel reception gives you the feel of a historic mansion, I mean this in a good sense. The bedroom was small bit I had reserved a single anyway, so this was expected. The only real let down was the use of a very narrow glass screen to shield the rest of the bathroom from the shower. This just didn't work. However the air conditioning did and that was a great plus. The location was great with Kensington Gardens just 50 yards away for the walkers and runners and a massive variety of restaurants was located on Queensway which runs behind the hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Awesome hotel"
Beautiful hotel in a great location! The breakfast was pricy but worth it!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"2nd hotel in London"
Beautiful lobby, good location, comfortable bed, good bathroom, great staff.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Rob
"Great deal for London"
On small side--like most London hotels--but more than adequate; great location; very convenient to two Underground lines plus some shops and restaurants; good a/c plus window that opened! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2013
SSafe
"Wonderful location!"
Had a wonderful experience as a single traveler. Great location, and very close to transportation.
6 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Good value, good location"
Rooms are small by American standards but all the amenities are there. Staff quite helpful. Older building has great charm and character and rooms are updated. Very close to the underground which made it quite convenient. Nice neighborhood as well.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great Hyde Park Location"
lovely place, great neighborhood, helpful staff. Breakfast price too high, better deals all around neighborhood.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Great location! Very clean. Great price!"
Very convenient. Clean. Nice furniture. Classic London hotel.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
carlos
"Much better than expected"
There have been some good and some bad reviews about this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is nice and the room was good for a low-mid price London hotel. I didn't care about hotel amenities like eating in the hotel, since it is literally 2 mins from Queensway which has pubs and restaurants galore. It's also 2 mins from the Queensway tube station which was perfect. The only negative things I could say would be that the Queensway tube station is one of those annoying stations with only lifts instead of escalators, and that for some weird reason, when you opened the door to our room you immediately had to walk up 3 stairs to get to the bedroom. The bathroom was on the hall level. It wasn't a problem for us at all, just a little strange. If you have issues with stairs, you would want to ask for a room without this issue. A/C worked well which is important in London in July. All in all a good experience!
5 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2013
I visit the City, not the Hoet, coming from the hospitality backround, I have differnet expectations, however - I enjoyed my visit and teh hotel is secondary.
4 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Close to tube stations and bus stops"
Close to tube stations and bus stops. Interesting neighborhood. Staff very friendly and helpful. None that I met speak English as their first language, which can be challenging. I overheard at least two guests come in and the hotel did not have their reservations.....rooms very clean, but very crowded. Refrigerator :-) in room. Safe in room but so high it was impossible for me to see into it and difficult to use it. When I asked for a taxi, they called a hired car instead. I HATE IT when hotels do that!
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Pat
"Just what we needed"
A hotel like this is all about expectations. The hotel itself is very nice. Great atmosphere in the lobby. The staff was wonderful helping me get a rude to the airport and holding our bags for us. The room is small, which I knew going into it. It was just my wife and I and it was cramped. Being that we were sightseeing, we did not spend much time in the room. I would stay again if I were in London.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
The hotel was really convenient to the Underground, Hyde Park and numerous restaurants and attractions. The rooms were tiny, especially the bathroom but were comfortable, quiet and air conditioned. Staff were courteous and service was good. Rates were reasonable for this London location.
7 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"great location"
london was great the park was right next to the hotel
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Excellent Stay in London"
This hotel was perfect for me. On a surprisingly warm weekend in London I was grateful for the air-conditioned rooms. The fronte desk staff were incredibly helpful - answering all my questions and giving me directions. I was hoping to find a hotel that I could return to again on future visits and I think I have. I plan to return again in September.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Small but comfortable"
Room is very small, and we were in the basement that the hotel calls "Lower Ground Level" so unfortunately we didn't have a view to speak of. Room served us well though, London is busy and you are in your room for such a short time. Bathroom was small but had everything you needed. The shower had a short ceiling so if you are taller like over 6' I don't think you could shower standing up. I alerted staff of a leak from the shower glass and it was addressed that day. I shared a room with my cousin. we had to share a bed because two single beds were not available, that would be nice if you just prefer not to share a bed.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Kristen
"Great location and hotel for very reasonable price"
This hotel was a great value in all respects. The room was small - but very comfortable and well appointed - with GREAT air conditioning.
4 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Hotel in london,..."
Nice location next to kensington Park. Hotel looks nicer on the pictures than it was. Very small rooms with stairs! The room was not as clean as we thought for a hotel this pricerange. Breakfast at extra costs (15£). Medium expierience.
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2013
Andreas
"Two minutes from Hyde Park and the Underground"
Very nicely priced hotel--not sure how we got four star rating, but we were well pleased. The reception staff was well organized and quickly stored our baggage so we could be off for the day and a later check in time. We had a very clean but rather small room with ample bathroom.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Chip
The rooms are incredibly small as are all of the hallways!!! Beds are uncomfortable and bedding is very cheap and flimsy. The tubs have shower heads but no doors or curtains, so if you attempt to shower you will flood your bathroom floor every time. The location was great, however. It was reasonably clean with good service. I wouldn't stay again because of the rooms and showering problem.
6 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Very close to two train stations"
The hotel staff was VERY friendly and the hotel was conveniently located to train stations for the circle and central lines, which will get to to all locations quickly.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2013
"Loved it!"
The only flaw was the tiny bedroom and bathroom, but the previous reviews I read commented on that... so we were prepared for small. Good location, lovely hotel, pleasant and helpful staff. Next trip to London, I will plan on staying there again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Edith
"Convenient to public transportation"
We stayed in a lower level of the hotel in a room with 2 twin beds. The room was clean but it needs to be updated. The bathroom floor was split and uneven. The desk staff was polite but didn't go out of their way to welcome you. The hotel is very close to two subway stations and a bus stop making it convenient to get to the tourist spots. It is also 1/2 block from Hyde Park and Kensington Garden's.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Nice Lobby, Small Rooms"
I have been is some small rooms before, ie Japan, but I have to say this room was just as small. Impossible to have two suitcases open and maneuver around. Impossible to use the chair and desk together. Otherwise this is a clean hotel in a good location.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2013
Howard
Good value overall, room was cozy, comfortable bed and friendly, accomodating staff. Super convenient to two different tube stops and a couple of nice pubs around corner to eat and drink at . Two weaknesses were a tiny bathroom and the wifi doesn't reach to the rooms , only the lobby .
5 night trip Jun 11, 2013
D
"Good Hotel"
The hotel was nice. It had lovely old-world character and was quite comfortable. Only complaint is that wifi only worked in the lobby and it wasn't very reliable. Otherwise, excellent stay.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2013
"Convenient to the Tube"
We were stuck in a Basement room. Very small. we could barley unpack 2 suitcases at one time. A view of a brick wall all for over $200!
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
The staff at this hotel were great. I wanted to spend day in London so they kept my bags at no extra charge. The lights in the room were a little different to operate and I felt hotel staff at check in should have notified me. All in All I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Best hotel in London for a great price!!!"
My sister and I booked this hotel or our stay in London. We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and are very satisfied with our time there. We stayed in the club room after an upgrade for not having our right room reserved. It wasn't that much of an inconvenience and the room we did get was amazing. It was spacious, comfortable and very very clean. Our bathroom was modern and very clean. The staff at this hotel was more than helpful and super friendly. I would definitely book to stay at this hotel seeing how its in the heart of London and no more then a 20 minute Tube ride to all the sights and attractions. We had a blast staying there and would definitely recommend Grand Royale in Hyde Park to all of our friends and family who plan to travel to London.l
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Emily
"Amazing lobby, small rooms"
The online pictures accurately reflect the amazing atmosphere of the lobby and hotel bar at the Grand Royale Hyde Park. There's a wonderful sitting area including a window seat and free internet with the dark wood, leather furniture, chandeliers and stained glass windows to make you feel like you're in Downton Abbey. The bar used to be a small theater and is equally plush. Once you head up the elevator the atmosphere shifts to one more typical of a small non-chain London hotel -- efficiency. We stayed in a queen-sized room and it was just big enough to fit the furniture with such little room around it that even a small person has to turn sideways to get past items. Other than the size, however, the room was very nice and clean -- updated modern furniture and bathroom fixtures, a nice TV. There was no mini-bar or any other extra amenities with our room, but it was a great place to just get some rest after a long day in London, and you can use the lobby if you need a little more breathing room. The location was perfect for us, on Hyde Park, close to Kensington, and one block from the Queensway tube station that will take you straight to many popular areas. Other stations for other tube lines are nearby as well. We did have to change tube lines a few times to get to certain attractions, or walk about 45 minutes (through Hyde Park - a nice walk!) to get to the Buckingham Palace area, etc. but the area surrounding the hotel had a few legitimate cafes as well as some tourist shops.
3 night trip May 25, 2013
Chloe O.
"Traditional but modern"
Lobby and arrival areas give sense of arriving in the good old days of grand hotel luxury. Lots of wood and artwork and flowers. Rooms were very modern and comfortable. Bed was firmer than I liked and pillows hard too. My shower was barely big enough to step into and the toilet so close to the wall had to sit sideways! Location was great for tube and Kensington Park gardens. Breakfast was a little pricey at 15 GBP for what was offered but dining room was very elegant. I would definitely consider staying here again but upgrade to a bigger room.
Other trip May 30, 2013
Jane
"Great location, tiny rooms"
Super small rooms even for London standards. Full size bed not queen as described. Basically full bed in room and that is it. Barely any room around the bed to walk around. Almost every time in lobby a guest was complaining. The hotel seems to put hotels.com and online bookings in worst rooms. Saving the best rooms for those who book with the hotel direct. Great location. 2 mins walk from both Queensway and Bayswater tube stations.
2 night trip May 20, 2013
Richie
"a few days in London"
hotel was a pleasant surprise. Located close to two tube stops. Several choices for dinner. Staff was great. Bed was comfortable, room typical small size for London. We had 2 rooms and stayed 3 nights.
3 night trip with friends May 13, 2013
boomerang in London
Exactly how the hotel was described! Perfect location! Safe! Defintely would stay there again!
2 night family trip May 13, 2013
Melanie
"Very convenient but uncomfortable"
If you intend to spend significant amount of time in your room.....this is not for you. Room is very small I have to move the coffee maker around to make my coffee or if I have to move my luggage around. There's hardy any room for a large suitcase. WiFi is spotty in room. I was even told that the complimentary WiFi is in lobby only although it's not mentioned in the website.
Other trip May 17, 2013
Manny
The hotel employees are very rude and the service is very bad. Not recommend to stay at this hotel in future
1 night trip May 1, 2013
"Nice clean room near Hyde Park"
Nice clean room near Hyde Park. Great location near Hop on Hop Off Bus. The hotel is older and a the lobby and halls are a bit run down. But the room was clean. Had a great little bath room. The staff was helpful and friendly. Only thing is the room we had was very small - cruise ship size - or even a bit smaller. It was as expected in this part of London. We would stay here again.
Other trip May 16, 2013
Capt'n R
"Pleasant Surprise in Bayswater"
My wife and I had a very pleasant stay in a beautiful hotel in a great and convenient neighborhood. Yes, our room was small but we knew that going in. Great lobby, cute little bar, and everyone was lovely...
3 night trip Mar 14, 2013
AR
"Quiet neighborhood, little modern rooms."
Hotel is around the block from the Bayswater tube stop, very convenient. The neighborhood is quiet, near some restaurants and a shopping mall. The lobby is ornate and the rooms are modern. All pictures that I saw online were accurate. The room had just enough to space walk around the comfy queen sized bed, so its small. Like step over your suitcase to get into bed, small. There is a wardrobe with some hangers but the wardrobe is about 6 inches deep, so you can't hang up clothes and shut the door. The bed had some hairs in it, mirrors with fingerprints, dirt smudges on the light switches and bathroom door. So it was more dirty than I expected. The shower, which had good water pressure and heat, has no curtain but a 6 inch glass partition and water can splash out easily. The room above us had issues with this and water dripped into our bathroom. It's a no smoking hotel, but our floor and room smelled smoky many of the nights we were there. The room key card also deactivated itself everyday. The wireless internet is only in the lobby. Wired internet is in the room and cord is included. Hair dryer is in the desk drawer. No lock on the pocket door into the bathroom and no deadbolt on the room door. When telling the front desk about the smoke or key issues they were dismissive, saying that just happens sometimes.
5 night romance trip Feb 8, 2013
"Basement rooms that stinks"
Our room was in the basement. Really small as many hotel rooms in London. The shower emanated sewer smell. After asking to change it they told me there were no other rooms of that price category. After opening the windows the smell went away but not my anger.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2013